Lolita: Prozac withdrawal

Lolita

• Moderator Emeritus
9 hours ago, Lolita said:

Doc also stopped my tapering and prescribed me fluoxetine so that is a good thing not to worry about!

Hi Lolita,

So you are able to maintain the 5 mg dose of the liquid fluoxetine ?  That's great news!

I just thought I would double check on your dosing.  I hope you don't mind.  I know how confusing it can all feel and difficult to keep things straight when one has had so much change in medication, as well as dosing.

Is your liquid preparation the standard 20 mg in 5 mL?  It should say on the label somewhere. 

Which would then be equivalent to 4 mg in each mL.

I just want to be sure that you are not taking 4 mL or 5 mL and thinking that it is the same as mg's(or milligrams).

Does it come with a syringe or pipette of some kind? 

Your 5 mg dose would be 1.25 mL(if you have the standard liquid preparation).

So I'm just wondering how you have been measuring since you have been on the liquid fluoxetine?   And make sure that you understand the difference between milligrams(mg) and millileters(mL).  I know that this has been confusing for others here as well.

The mg= the active ingredient of fluoxetine

The mL= the amount of fluid and is not always equal to the mg.  The 2 are only equal if you have a 1 mg in 1 ml solution.

Okay......that's all I wanted to check on.  Good news indeed though that the worries about further prescriptions are now a thing of the past.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lolita

• Altostrata

• manymoretodays

• Songbird

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi Lolita,

So you are able to maintain the 5 mg dose of the liquid fluoxetine ?  That's great news!

I just thought I would double check on your dosing.  I hope you don't mind.  I know how confusing it can all feel and difficult to keep things straight when one has had so much change in medication, as well as dosing.

Is your liquid preparation the standard 20 mg in 5 mL?  It should say on the label somewhere. 

Which would then be equivalent to 4 mg in each mL.

I just want to be sure that you are not taking 4 mL or 5 mL and thinking that it is the same as mg's(or milligrams).

Does it come with a syringe or pipette of some kind? 

Your 5 mg dose would be 1.25 mL(if you have the standard liquid preparation).

So I'm just wondering how you have been measuring since you have been on the liquid fluoxetine?   And make sure that you understand the difference between milligrams(mg) and millileters(mL).  I know that this has been confusing for others here as well.

The mg= the active ingredient of fluoxetine

The mL= the amount of fluid and is not always equal to the mg.  The 2 are only equal if you have a 1 mg in 1 ml solution.

Okay......that's all I wanted to check on.  Good news indeed though that the worries about further prescriptions are now a thing of the past.

mmt

Hi manymoretodays!

Yes its 30mg in 5ml and I do take 1.25ml in a sirynge! 

My main problem now is my sleep. I relax, take my clonazepam, even some melatonine, read, feel really tired so I close the light but I am unable to fall asleep. I have a hard time with how long it takes me. Its fustrating.  And my feet and calfs feels heavy, sore everyday....even with magnesium. That symptom appeared while I was rapering and got around 5mg. Sleep was never really good with prozac anyway but its king of worse.

If I take it too early, I feel tired all day but if I take it at night i dont feel good in my bed. Just dont know when to take it.?

Thanks for taking news and helping!

2006-2010 effexor 

2010-2011 differents ad for a year: cymbalata, lexapro, wellbutrin, pristiq, lexapro, trintellix 

2011-2015 zoloft

2015-2017 lexapro 

2017 to 2018 lexapro, effexor, zoloft, lexapro, zoloft, citalopram, lexapro, and

prozac 20 February: Prozac 10 mg,  1 March: Prozac 20 mg,  4 April: 30 mg,  8 April: 20 mg,  28 April: 10 mg,  10 May: 8 mg,  13 May: 7.5 mg,

19 May: 5 mg, 23 May: 4 mg, 29 May: 5 mg., 1 June: 8 mg, 9 June to  of july: 5 mg.

switch to zoloft 25mg (10 days), 50mg from july 30 to august 20. Down to 37.5mg until sept 12th, now at 25mg.

clonazepam 0,5mg since january 2017. I take 1/4 to 3/4 mx everyday.

• Moderator Emeritus
7 minutes ago, Lolita said:

Yes its 30mg in 5ml and I do take 1.25ml in a sirynge!

Wow......you are quick!!!  It's 20mg in 5 mL you mean?

......and I just got concerned and wanted to ask........I hope you were not offended.

I'd stick with a consistent time of taking it.  And definitely do a few more logs like you did before.......that will help us advise you the most.

10 minutes ago, Lolita said:

And my feet and calfs feels heavy, sore everyday....even with magnesium. That symptom appeared while I was rapering and got around 5mg. Sleep was never really good with prozac anyway but its king of worse.

It's not a new symptom then........... and might let up as you keep stable with your dose now.   Withdrawal symptoms can be weird.  Can you do some simple stretches early in the day?  And if you haven't yet.........try the Epsom salt's(a form of magnesium) that you could put in a tub and soak in.  It's pretty cheap and you can just try a couple small handfuls to start with.  Or just try some heat packs.  Let's hope it lifts soon as well.

Here's what we've got on non drug sleep helps.......maybe you can find something to try that you haven't yet.........or find comfort in that it is often such a classic symptom here.

Tips to help sleep-so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Okay......nightie nite.  You're doing great Lolita!

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

58 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Wow......you are quick!!!  It's 20mg in 5 mL you mean?

......and I just got concerned and wanted to ask........I hope you were not offended.

I'd stick with a consistent time of taking it.  And definitely do a few more logs like you did before.......that will help us advise you the most.

It's not a new symptom then........... and might let up as you keep stable with your dose now.   Withdrawal symptoms can be weird.  Can you do some simple stretches early in the day?  And if you haven't yet.........try the Epsom salt's(a form of magnesium) that you could put in a tub and soak in.  It's pretty cheap and you can just try a couple small handfuls to start with.  Or just try some heat packs.  Let's hope it lifts soon as well.

Here's what we've got on non drug sleep helps.......maybe you can find something to try that you haven't yet.........or find comfort in that it is often such a classic symptom here.

Tips to help sleep-so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

Okay......nightie nite.  You're doing great Lolita!

Its 2h12 am and still not able to sleep.....grrrrr!

Never have that with other antidepressants.  My body is full of nervousness/anxiety inside. Weird feeling.

Those symptoms are way annoying.

The withrawing /tapering is over for me for a long while....lol.... I am not in a good place right now!

I might need to come back to my previous ad I was on before prozac in winter cause seriously, prozac is hell for me since the beginning and hell also since I tapered !

I will never be able to stabilise even a little on this for sure! After 8 weeks on it, I started the tapering cause I felt misrable. 3 months later, Im still on it at low dose doing miserable with side effects and ws.

I would do anything to be on anything else but for my system, prozac is just too paradoxal : activating my nervous system in a weird way, anxiety, no sleep, physical symptoms but making me weak and tired all the time.

Clonazepam is not even helping me relax and sleep....what a night!

2006-2010 effexor 

2010-2011 differents ad for a year: cymbalata, lexapro, wellbutrin, pristiq, lexapro, trintellix 

2011-2015 zoloft

2015-2017 lexapro 

2017 to 2018 lexapro, effexor, zoloft, lexapro, zoloft, citalopram, lexapro, and

prozac 20 February: Prozac 10 mg,  1 March: Prozac 20 mg,  4 April: 30 mg,  8 April: 20 mg,  28 April: 10 mg,  10 May: 8 mg,  13 May: 7.5 mg,

19 May: 5 mg, 23 May: 4 mg, 29 May: 5 mg., 1 June: 8 mg, 9 June to  of july: 5 mg.

switch to zoloft 25mg (10 days), 50mg from july 30 to august 20. Down to 37.5mg until sept 12th, now at 25mg.

Yesterday was like this...

Woke up really tired..arpund 8h00

Coffee and banana

Went shopping until 13h00

Felt tired, legs and feets are sore, also lower back pain

Took prozac liquid 1,25ml at 13h30-14h00

Tired tired tired....legs are driving me crazy

Take my magnesium

Eat dinner around 18h00

Take clonazepam at 20h45 and melatonine

Go to bed at 22h00

Read, but close the light cause my eyes are falling

Not able to sleep,...anxiety, weird images in my head, racing thoughts, legs, feet...

Take again clonazepam...

Try breathing, etc...

Finally fall asleep around 3 am.....grrrr!

Wake up with anxiety feeling

Up at 8h00... legs still bothering me so much

My stomach and throat feel like it has some acidity ( since a few days)

Dont know when to take my meds to be able to sleep.

Few weeks ago, I was taking it at bedtime, think it was a bit better for falling asleep in less time... maybei should take it at bedtime tonight? 

Really really need to sleep!

2006-2010 effexor 

2011-2015 zoloft

2015-2017 lexapro 

• Moderator Emeritus

Lolita,

If you are finding that you have consistently gotten more fatigue from the fluoxetine, than certainly take it at night.  Yet if it consistently seems to cause insomnia.........and honestly, you are the only one who can really determine if that is the case since you started it in February........ then continue with moving it to the morning.........as Alto instructed, an hour at a time.  Most importantly get consistent with both time of dosing as well as staying put on the 5 mg. dose.  This will help give your CNS a break from all the changes...... and time to stabilize even just a little bit.  This all takes time.   Somewhere down the road we can start thinking about a taper.........gradually and cautiously.  The fatigue and insomnia also may just be more typical W/D symptoms.

Did you you look at the tips for insomnia link and find anything.  With both the symptoms of your legs and the restlessness you may be experiencing another fairly common W/D symptom.........many find that weighted blankets help as do magnesium lotions or creams.  Aches and pains and general fatigue very common as well with withdrawal syndrome.

nondrug treatments for restless leg

akathisia vs. restlessness, anxiety, agitation

(the weighted blanket posts are linked in the first post ^)

Go on back and read not only your initial post but also review some of the key topics that Gridley left you links to around Brain Remodeling and What is Withdrawal Syndrome.  And then decide if you really honestly think that starting once again with the A/D merry go round and round......... with your prescriber, is the way you want to go.  With your history given in your first post and signature......... you have clearly been there, done that, and most especially in the last year 2017-2018 have not found the magic cure in continuing medications.

Look also at Dr. Glenmullen's Symptom list.  Print it out if you can and use it to identify symptoms of W/D and track them over time.  That will help you see progress.

Lastly,  a little more detail please with your logs.  Doses of medications.  You are presently taking fluoxetine at a dose of 5 mg.  I have no idea how much clonazepam.  If you are using 0.5mg tabs, then 1/2 is 0.25mg, and 1/4 is 0.125 mg.  What kind of magnesium are you using and what is the dose you take.  Same with the melatonin.  Good for you to get familiar with the dosages and medications and supplements you are taking as well.

Some simple relief may come in the form of just splitting your clonazepam into 2 doses more evenly spaced apart and taken regularly.   It's still hard to tell what's what though.  So give us another few days of drug and symptom logs.  Don't make any changes now.   Hoping you have had better sleep since your last post.  

To search anything at all you have questions about....... all you need to do is use your search engine and type in survivingantidepressants.org then the symptom, or subject you might want to read more about.

You can use this thread as your ongoing journal to track progress, write about symptoms, ask questions, and communicate with the community.  Add to it whenever you would like.

mmt

Thanks for the reply...

By the way I have mentionned a few times that I take clonazepam 0.5mg usualy 1/2 of ot but I tried to upped to full 0.5mg at night to try to sleep with melatonine 0.5ml.

Even if my body feels tireeeed,  I struggle to fall asleep.

I have had the same routine lately. But finaly get asleep around 1 ou 3am and wake around 8am. Its starting to get hard on my system....the lack of sleep is almost painfull.

I wont be able to go on like that for long cause I really need to sleep. Not even able to take a nap.

2006-2010 effexor 

2011-2015 zoloft

2015-2017 lexapro 

A question....why cant we just change a night intake and just switch it to morning? Why do we have to go for an hour at a time?

2006-2010 effexor 

2011-2015 zoloft

2015-2017 lexapro 

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes, a sleep change is painful.  You are getting a nice big chunk of a 5 hour sleep though, which is fortunate, ..........all things considered.  I had a doctor who once told me if you can get a 5 hour stretch that's essential.   And sometimes 7 hours!!!   Maybe you could catch another brief hour or two after 8 am some days.  Listen to your body on that.

The gradual shift is just better for your CNS right now.  Sudden shifts in anything........no so good for a traumatized CNS.

I know you have mentioned the 1/2 of your 0.5mg tab of clonazepam before.........in narratives.  

The drug and symptom log saves us time.  We don't always have time to search through past narratives, they just don't stand out as clearly.

• 2 months later...

Hi again!

Its been a while... 

I was previously tappering prozac when I last post in july.

What happenned is that my psychiatrist wouldnt continue to refill my med and signed my paper for me being off work if I didnt changed med....Yes you heard it!

But she say it was the last try!!!

So around mid july she put me on zoloft 25 for one week then 50 for almost 4 weeks. God!!! Since the change, I began sleeping at night but feel always soooo tired. 

Anxious, shaking, trembling, brain fog, hard time focusing, etc.

I told her that my body didnt accept med anymore. So she said to go dont to 25mg. I started by doing 40 and 30 and now Im at 25mg. The shakes diminished quite a lot. Has if my body wasnt liking those med. Still having anxiety but not violently. I feel tired, exhausted and brain fog all the time. I had diarrhea since going on that med and still have. I lost weight also. I dream a lot. Feel kind of blurry vision. 

When I take my meds, I feel little worse few hours after. More anxious inside, jitters, space out, and sort of a feeling of a knot in my throat.

It weird that my symptoms are kind of worse when I take my med... But it never suits me from the start.

I have been on it for 8 weeks total.

I know I have been on lots of med before. I am mad at doctors for that and hope that my body/nervous system wont be break from that. I have to repair it by going off.

I know I have to taper slowly even if my body dislike that med?!

Please accept me back in the forum and help me have faith into this!!!

2006-2010 effexor 

2011-2015 zoloft

2015-2017 lexapro 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Lolita,

Welcome back.  I'm sorry it's so difficult with you and your prescriber.  The following links might help.

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal

What should I expect from my doctor

I would encourage you to go back to page one, here on your introduction/journal and look at some of those links as well.  Hopefully, it will be empowering.  You might, again, consider finding another doctor, even a regular doctor, to help you manage your prescriptions now.

I am seeing your most recent post, as well as some changes in your signature.

You recently decreased your Zoloft to 25 mg.  Can you put a date there, in your signature.

10% of 37.5mg would be 3.75 mg.    So a 10% decrease would be 37.5 - 3.75= 33.75.  So 33. 75 mg would be a more harm free reduction dose and method to getting off Zoloft.

You also did a pretty large decrease earlier.

Tips for tapering off Zoloft/sertraline

This will help you to figure out what you will need to do to make smaller changes in your doses

It does sound like you are having symptoms now of W/D(withdrawal).  Unfortunately, a too rapid decrease in your drug,  may lead to more of the same, or possibly a longer time frame of healing.  As you know........we like to encourage the most harm free reduction of medication.  And even then.......sometimes some W/D symptoms are unavoidable.  You've been on this merry go round since 2006 now.  It's going to take some time.

When we take medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug. When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.  

Also with the changes in medications, up and down.......often havoc results on an already sensitized nervous system.

Where are you at with non drug techniques for coping skills now? 

Are you using any magnesium or fish oil?  We generally recommend just trying one new thing at a time and then keeping notes.  As no doubt, you may be pretty sensitized to a lot at this point.  The links to those supplements are in Gridley's first post to you on page one.

All for now.  Good to see you back. Have faith, in something, and then in yourself, and in the process of learning more, and then in your eventual healing.  Look around the site when you can.  See how other members cope........that used to help me a lot.

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
elaboration, additional thoughts

• Moderator Emeritus

Lolita,

Are you using a phone device to post and update?

Unfortunately signatures, the section below others posts.........cannot be viewed from a phone device.

I can see your updated signature now though.  I'm on a desktop PC right now.

Edited by manymoretodays

• Moderator Emeritus

Was just going to write that (viewing signatures on phones) and MMT beat me to it! ;) Great minds think alike. < 3

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

Hi Moremanyday et Skyblue!

A big thanks for taking time replying. I appreciate. 

Has for my prescriber, she doesnt know that I will taper. She jyst said to take 25mg and settle. So I think I wont tell her so I still get my capsules and go on with this. 

I will have to make liquid form but nervous about howto do it properly since I have a hard time concentrating on reading.

The thing is...at 50 or even 37.5 , I felt like big crap with huge shakes, anxiety, fatigue to the extreme, ...

Since a few days at 25mg, the shakes is gone and still anxious but way less then at higher dose...Isnt weird???

My cns doesnt want that poisson anymore!!!

I also feel more anxious few hours after I take my meds.

I might consider not go lower than 25 mg for a week or two again since its been a week already.

I do take a bit of magnesium and fish supplements but my digestion is having a hard time wirh too much of it.

And yes, I take a cell phone...that explain it!

Thanks a lot

XXX 

2006-2010 effexor 

2011-2015 zoloft

2015-2017 lexapro 

• Administrator
23 hours ago, Lolita said:

The thing is...at 50 or even 37.5 , I felt like big crap with huge shakes, anxiety, fatigue to the extreme, ...

Since a few days at 25mg, the shakes is gone and still anxious but way less then at higher dose...Isnt weird???

My cns doesnt want that poisson anymore!!!

I also feel more anxious few hours after I take my meds.

Hello, Lolita. I am sorry your psychiatrist made this switch against your better judgment. She should not have done that. Can you work with another doctor?

If not, perhaps it might be best not to discuss tapering with this psychiatrist any more. When you are through with this, you might file a complaint against her.

Good to hear the reduction in Zoloft reduced your adverse reaction to it. You reduced to 25mg on Sept. 12, correct? Have you been feeling a little better each day since?

Please do not change your Zoloft dosage -- be sure to take it at the same time each day -- until we can capture a baseline symptom pattern. It may be a good idea to stabilize on 25mg for some months.

Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages. Use a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

This will help us figure out if the Zoloft is still causing problems and needs to be reduced.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi @Altostrata

Thanks for your nice reply...

Yes, if I would listen to me , I woyld probably be making a complain over my Gp and psychiatrist but I seriously dont want to go that way and just put my little energy on myself now!

So I will say I keep it that way to still get my prescription.  We have to play the game sometimes !?🤔😀

Yes increased dose...even only 50...doesnt help me anymore! That is really weird.

I tried few weeks ago to go lower than 25 and felt bad with shortness of breath.

So since the 13th, Im at 25mg and will stick to that. I really just dont know yet the best time of day to take it . Im taking it around 3pm but Im soo tired in morning.

My anxiety is there in morning because I feel soo tired and by end of the day and night.

I still take clonazepam at night also.

Thanks again 

2006-2010 effexor 

2011-2015 zoloft

2015-2017 lexapro 

• Administrator

Very often, more drug is not better when it comes to withdrawal syndrome.

You've been moving the Zoloft around? Please don't do that. What time of day do you take clonazepam, and at what dosage?

How is your sleep?

Please be sure to keep notes about when you take each of your drugs, and their dosages, as well as your daily symptoms.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

1 minute ago, Altostrata said:

Very often, more drug is not better when it comes to withdrawal syndrome.

You've been moving the Zoloft around? Please don't do that. What time of day do you take clonazepam, and at what dosage?

How is your sleep?

Please be sure to keep notes about when you take each of your drugs, and their dosages, as well as your daily symptoms.

I know that now... But its quite funny that all of a sudden my body refuse the meds...anyway!

I take around 1/4 to 1/2 of 0.50mg of clonazepam around 9pm.

Sometimes I had needed in the day but try not to.

Since switching from prizac to zoloft, I do sleep way more. From around 11h30pm to6h30 in the week. But I can sleep a little more late in weekends... But stilll sooo tired!!! Go figure!

Fatigue/tiredness was my main symptom such as anxiety when I stopped working a year ans half ago. 

Do you want me to write my daily routine here or in my journal at home???

2006-2010 effexor 

2011-2015 zoloft

2015-2017 lexapro 

I forgot to say...I dream a lot!!!! Omg! I do a lot of stuff in a night! 😁

About fish supplement...I take MorEPA from minami nutrition

It contains:

1000mg fish oil

Providing

850 mg of omegas3

EPA 590mg

DhA 130mg

The bottle say to take only one per day

Magnesium is ion mag from monnol

But cant take too much because I already have digestion issues and diarrhea from zoloft.

2006-2010 effexor 

2011-2015 zoloft

2015-2017 lexapro 

• Administrator

That is a good, strong fish oil capsule. I would gradually increase to 3 or 4 capsules a day.

You don't need fancy magnesium, just magnesium citrate or magnesium glycinate. Mag glycinate is less likely to cause loose bowels.

Please report your daily drug and symptom notes here, in a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

It's very important to track your clonazepam usage. Fatigue is a common side effect, as is depression.

4 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

That is a good, strong fish oil capsule. I would gradually increase to 3 or 4 capsules a day.

You don't need fancy magnesium, just magnesium citrate or magnesium glycinate. Mag glycinate is less likely to cause loose bowels.

Please report your daily drug and symptom notes here, in a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

It's very important to track your clonazepam usage. Fatigue is a common side effect, as is depression.

Thanks Alto!

Do you mean that clonazepam is relate to fatigue and depression???

2006-2010 effexor 

2011-2015 zoloft

2015-2017 lexapro 

• Administrator
Just now, Lolita said:

Do you mean that clonazepam is relate to fatigue and depression???

Yes, very probably.

Feeling low today...

Anxiety

Tired

Stomach issues since few days...but sincerely, since being on zoloft I have always that problem and diarrhea every day and lost a lot if weight

Feel bloated

2006-2010 effexor 

2011-2015 zoloft

2015-2017 lexapro 

It feels like my anxiety, stone feeling, knot in my throat and stomach gets worse after I take my zoloft. And Im taking low dose...

Its like that with all previous meds since a year and a half.

My body has enough of it I think...its terrible!

I seriously dont know why it makes me feel so bad.

I wish I could be off...And feel good!

2006-2010 effexor 

2011-2015 zoloft

2015-2017 lexapro 

I have a question....

Why does when I TAKE my med, I feel worse couple hours after???

Also, when I took zoloft last year and was on 100mg. Didnt feel goid and had diarrhea etc. Had a bloodwork and doctor told me my liver enzymes was a bit high.But she wasnt concerned about it and I dont know the numbers.

Since being on zoloft (9weeks) ago, I have terrible digestion issues and feels like my liver is sometimes heavy or painful.

If I do bloodwork again and my liver enzymes are high again, will I have to stop faster??

Maybe its the clonazepam also? 

To remind..Im at 25mg zoloft and around 0.19mg clonazepam. 

Please reassure me and my health anxiety thinking!!!

2006-2010 effexor 

2011-2015 zoloft

2015-2017 lexapro 

I have been at 25mg for 2 weeks without touching any dose changes !

2006-2010 effexor 

2011-2015 zoloft

2015-2017 lexapro 

Stomach is a mess again... Im so bloated and it hurts.

My liver is like a knot... That worries me a little.

2006-2010 effexor 

2011-2015 zoloft

2015-2017 lexapro 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question and I dont semm to find any responses on the internet...

Is it possible to have extrasystoles when tapering as a withdrawal ? 

I had that few years ago while taking effexor but now, it seems to be relate to when I taper my zoloft?

Anybody had that?

Its like skipped beat and appears when I move or lay down. Like couples if it in a row . I dont think I have palpitations and my heart was always doing good before. That scares me. And clonazepam doesnt seem to help that?

2006-2010 effexor 

2011-2015 zoloft

2015-2017 lexapro 

• Moderator Emeritus

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Hi all!

I don't get a lot of responses or reply but I keep reporting my journey anyway😏

Had a visit with my psychiatrist last week cause I didnt have any refill and suprise...she said no more! Since my liver enzymes were little high just like the last time I tried that med, and that I felt pain in that area plus diarrhea, she said enough . I was on 25mg for a little 2 or 3 weeks and she said to stop and even if I talked to her about withdrawing, she just said it was such a placebo dose. She is so focus on me getting back to work....hello??? Do I look like Im able to do so!

She said that she will advise my doctor (generalist) not to give other med and that my body needs to clean from med and that I will have to cope by other way like therapy, yoga, meditation, ... I still have my clonazepam. 

I was reluctant of writing that here cause I know people wants to help but I felt kind of scared of reactions.

Its been a weeks...I cried so much from fear of being without med the first day.  

Then I was "okay" for day 2 to 4. By the end of day 4, started to have digest issues (gas, bloated and bit nausea)and extrasystoles.

Day 5 to now, digestion is the same, dont feel like eating much. Anxiety mostly in morning and bedtime...like a vibration feeling in tummy/body???? Hard time going/falling asleep as I get agitated the moment I close the light...grrr! So I fall asleep really late and sleepy all day and in fog!

Feel really low, sometimes depresse...can I become in total depression??? I cry a lot since 2 days. That really scares me!

Left harm is sometimes heavy....Im scared of heart issues since my dad had a stroke few years ago.

I have my husband, kids, parents, friends, psychologist how all think it might be a tuff ride but all encourage me not to start med again. They saw me the last year and they all think I have to ride this journey into recovery.

I told them about what I have read here and even if they support the fact that it will be hard, they want my best and think I was poisoning myself with med lately.

The thing is....Im sooo scared! Having health anxiety with sometimes depression relate to it make me freak out about my symptoms!?

And on the other end, I want to heal soooo much but Im scared to go down in depression??? Can we heal that and anxiety without meds???? Is it possible? I dont want to be in despair and think about suicide if I dont feel good! 

I take magnesium glycinate twice a day and omega twice also.

So this is it!

I will have to start healing from here.

2006-2010 effexor 

2011-2015 zoloft

2015-2017 lexapro 

Hi Lolita, if your not getting the treatment from your Psychiatrist that you need you can always seek a referral to someone else.

It's a hard choice to make sometimes with going back on medication or toughing it out. For me if i was certain going back on the medication would get rid of my withdrawal problems & wasn't going to make things worse i'd probably do it.

I also had issues for 1-2 hours after taking my Effexor at night which was one of the reasons i decided to come off it. Anxiety, restlessness, nausea etc. No idea why. Even on the low doses i get it too. I wonder if the intolerance has allot to to with the gut.

I hope your healing is swift & you can get back on track soon!

Paroxatine - 2004-2006

Effexor XR 75mg 2006 - 2016 (Discontinued Feb 2016) - Withdrawal for 6 months.

Effexor XR 75mg Re-instated June 2017 (Discontinued Dec 2017)

Effexor XR 2-3 mg Re-instated March 10 2018 - 1 day (Didn't work)

Effexor XR 2mg Reinstated (Again) May 11 2018. 6 Beads

July 2018 - 0.0mg of Effexor. Zilch

Thanks for your reply Lloyd!

I feel the same...I mean, being on medication make me feel bad since all the med changes my doctor made me do since almost 2 years but withdrawal is hard....and im only one week in!!

Its 2h50 am here in canada and still not sleeping...but soo tired, headache and vibrations inside my body....hate it!

I think i will try sleeping a bit...

2006-2010 effexor 

2011-2015 zoloft

2015-2017 lexapro 

• Administrator

Lolita, this last drug was Zoloft, is that correct?

Since you joined in May, for most of the time, we've been talking about Prozac. But you've made lots of changes in less than 6 months, despite our urging to be consisent in your dosing.

Your doctor changes your drugs, but you also make changes. It seems your communication with this doctor is poor, or you are continually asking her for a new drug.

We've urged you to find another doctor, one who does not think 5mg Prozac or 25mg Zoloft is an inconsequential dose.

We've asked over and over for your daily symptom pattern, but you only occasionally supply it. When you take clonazepam is very important to understanding your symptom pattern, but we have little information about that.

Do you feel better or worse now that you're off Zoloft? You're still taking clonazepam, correct? Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages. Use a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

Be sure to include every time you take clonazepam.

Hi Alto!

I do understand that a lot of changes have been made...sadly!

But I told previously that in mid july my doctor stop my prozac and switch to zoloft which was her last drug attempt with me like she said. She switched saying if I don't, she would not endorse my "off work" papers that I need for my insurance to pay me.

I asked another doctor but this one told me that I was followed by a generalist and psychiatrist and they can see it in the system (Quebec) and it wont be accepted. 

So Im off zoloft since 8 days.

My husband say that I dont look worse than I was on meds since the last year. Of course, I have symptoms (new ones and some the same).

Extrasystole are new

Insomnia...falling asleep late

Nausea and digest issues...I had that on zoloft also.

Jitters and inside vibrations at night and when I wake up

Low mood, crying, feeling low and bouts of intrusives/negative thoughts

A bit dizzy since 2 days....but it might be from poor sleep and not eating a lot

I do write my symptoms in my journal at home. As you advise me... But sometimes, I have to let go a bit as I focus a lot on symptoms. 

I will see my acupuncturist tomorrow.

I try to write a lot what it going on in my mind and work on negative thoughts.

2006-2010 effexor 

2011-2015 zoloft

2015-2017 lexapro 

And yes I take clonazepam....at night 0.25mg.

Sometimes I need a little more in night when I feel anxious and not sleeping.

Not sure if clonazepam really helps me or make me feel more depresse and so foggy .

But no change in that for now.

2006-2010 effexor 

2011-2015 zoloft

2015-2017 lexapro 

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, Lolita said:

I will see my acupuncturist tomorrow.

Acupuncture - see Posts #6 & #8 (not detox or stimulation)

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management