Cari: Deanxit withdrawal

Cari

MOD NOTE:  Info on Deanxit  From:  http://buddymd.com/side-effects-deanxit-flupentixol-melitracen

Deanxit is made up of two components- flupentixol 0.5mg (or flupenthixol, an antipsychotic) and melitracen 10mg (a tricyclic antidepressant)

5 months ago I went off of the drug Deanxit. I was on it for 4-5 years abd decided to go off because I read it was only for shoet term use and banned in many countries. I started tapering slowly and found I was getting dizzy so talked to my Doctor... she advised that I could go cold turkey!! Mistake of a lifetime and an idiot doctor! I ended up in the ER with awful symptoms.. a neurologist put me on Depokine, which Ive tapered from the past few months and am off fully for 8 days. Basically my life was turned upside down! I have multiple withdrawal symptoms that continue daily, I had to quit my 7 years of being a teacher and my life feels like it is on hold. My most dramatic symptoms daily are dizzy all the time, tingling and burning in arms, legs, face etc., weakness, shortness of breath and I'm very sensitive to anything I eat or vitamins. I have a long list of problems... . . . .Ive read over and over that only TIME can heal the damage to my nerves. It has been exhausting. . . I can only pray this doesn't go on forever. 5 months is a long time . . . I think I have withdrawal syndrome. 2 doctors have tried to put me on yet another pill for anxiety but I don't want to go through this mess AGAIN!

Edited by ChessieCat
added mod note

-Taking Deanxit - 1 tablet daily for 4-5 years (drug banned in many countries)

-Started tapering May 1, 2018

-Dr told me to go ct 1 week later

-Another Dr put me back on 1 week later (dizzy)

-Ended up in ER May 15, 2018 went to neurologist same day and he took me off Deanxit and put me on Depokine(Depokote) 5oo mg -Multiple withdrawal symptoms.

-Started tapering from Depokote 8 wks later - tapered slowly for 2 months

-Sept 20 stopped taking 64 mg Depokine on advice from 2 doctors seemed to be getting worse.

-many withdrawal symptoms continue no improvement.. 10 days off getting worse.

-given Lorazepam to sleep at night on Sept 21. Took 1/2 first 2 nights, then 1/4 the next, skipped 3 days, took 1/8, skipped a day, felt AWFUL the next day, trying to cut smaller from that day on... 1/8 or smaller...had a very bad day Oct. 8th...back to Dr. Trying to continue to taper........ afraid to just stop from very bad days!

• ChessieCat changed the title to Cari: Deanxit withdrawal
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cari

• manymoretodays

• Altostrata

• ChessieCat

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone gone cold turkey and experienced all this? Does it end?? Dr's have suggested other anxiety meds but I've read many times it makes symptoms worse and it's better just to let your body heal?

-Ended up in ER May 15, 2018 went to neurologist same day and he took me off Deanxit and put me on Depokine(Depokote) 5oo mg -Multiple withdrawal symptoms.

-Sept 20 stopped taking 64 mg Depokine on advice from 2 doctors seemed to be getting worse.

-given Lorazepam to sleep at night on Sept 21. Took 1/2 first 2 nights, then 1/4 the next, skipped 3 days, took 1/8, skipped a day, felt AWFUL the next day, trying to cut smaller from that day on... 1/8 or smaller...had a very bad day Oct. 8th...back to Dr. Trying to continue to taper........ afraid to just stop from very bad days!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Cari,

And welcome.  I'm so sorry to hear about your life disruption.  It does sound like you have experienced W/D(withdrawal) symptoms.

We generally advocate for a more gradual reduction of medications, like yours.  However, the Deanxit does sound like a dangerous drug.

Did it benefit you at all to control any symptoms you were having prior to taking it?

Did you experience adverse reactions to it, or side effects?  Have you had any recent labwork done?

Why taper by 10% of my dosage*

When we take medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug. When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.  

Also with the changes in medications, up and down.......often havoc results on an already sensitized nervous system.

What is withdrawal syndrome

One theory of antidepressant withdrawal syndrome

Brain remodeling

Your Depakine appears to be Valproic acid, similar to a medication called Depakote here in the U.S.

https://pharmacybook.net/depakine/

The first thing we generally ask new members to do is a signature.

Please put your withdrawal history in a signature

The signature is the portion that you will see below other members posts(unless viewing from a phone device).  Follow the instructions in the above link to create your signature.  You can still create a signature from a phone device.  Include the dates and dosages, of your medications, and tapering history there.  This is very helpful to the moderators and other members here, so that we can see your situation at a glance.

Symptoms noted can be documented right here on your main introduction page.

Dr Glenmullen's W/D symptom check list

I expect that you will see many of your present symptoms listed here.

I think that you are doing well to avoid anti-anxiety medications at this point.  And I think that you are spot on in realizing how sensitive you are or may be right now to so many things.  Two supplements that may help with some of your symptoms:

King of supplements:Omega 3's(fatty acids)

Magnesium, natures calcium channel blocker

Both may relieve some of your anxiety and help with some of your other symptoms.  It's best to just try one at a time however, and slowly build up your dosage, as tolerated.

We also have a whole section devoted to Symptoms and Self Care.  I'll just include one more link to non-drug coping

In the first post there........there is a whole indexed list, with links to lot's of topics and coping skills that you might find of interest and helpful.

This is your introduction/journal page, you have now introduced yourself to the community.........ask any questions regarding your individual situation here, as well as keep a record about your W/D journey here as well.

I did go pretty close to CT(cold turkey) off some, of my medications.  For me this was often done under a doctors care, and almost always followed by another medication.   Then, I too......began questioning, as I seemed to only be getting sicker, not well at all.  And I ran across more and more information, then landed here at survivingantidepressants for my final taper off my last medication.   Most of my difficulties over the many years I got psychiatric care were due to W/D.  I started with, what I now know to have been just some situational depression(or overwhelm). 

I am, at this point in time almost 2 years off medications/drugs, and doing well.

All for now,  Best,

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Thank you so much for sharing all this information! It is very helpful and I am still reading a lot of it from the links you posted. I went on the Deanxit only because I was teaching and found myself getting impatient so I asked the Dr if anything could help, I never had anxiety or depression. She gave me the Deanxit... but never told me it was for short term use only. 😢  I guess it did help for a few years.... but then the past few years I started thinking it wasn't really working anymore... And also I noticed I was waking up in the morning and my heart would race as I was still in bed. Maybe I was becoming tolerant to the drug? So I decided it was time to get off it.

I haven't done any labwork recently. Are there things I should be testing?

I have been off Depokine for 11 days today... many of my symptoms are still here and I have noticed I have bad anxiety now which I think intensifies the symptoms because it scares me and stresses me out. I'm calling my Dr today... a neurologist to chk in... Im sure he will ssy he wants me on Effexor like he prescribed and I did not take. I've read many react to it badly, I've read it is a difficult drug to withdraw from and I don't want to put more drugs in my body... I really think it will do more harm from all I've read. But not sure I can cope with the w/d symptoms without having anxiety... so this worries me. I never had anxiety problems... but read this is common when going off meds like this.

I just worry about how long this will last... when I will start to feel better... it sounds like many suffer for years. 😢 Hoping I can cope ok. 

I think going off the depokine added to a 2nd withdrawal process... this is when I noticed the anxiety most. I can't imagine going on more meds... reacting to them and then weaning AGAIN. I've read some do this over and over again and suffer.

Praying some of the anxiety diminishes soon... since I'm only 11 days off the Depokine... which has also made me more dizzy and tingly etc. I've been dizzy for 5 months now!

Just looking for any advice. I feel many Drs arent educated well in withdrawing from meds and w/d syndrome, in the US and Jordan. (I am an American living in Jordan).

Thank you

Cari

I am experiencing shortness of breath and a tight feeling in my chest/stomach. Some days are worse... and it actually seemed to have gone away a month or so back. But it is back... I believe more so because I have been weaned from another med 11 days ago. It is of course worse when I feel stress or anxiety.

Any tips or advice that helped you?

What have you found personally that helps with anxiety during withdrawal syndrome? I know what works for some may not work with others. I don't want to use any meds, I want my body to heal... but I need to calm myself during the process. I'm sure my mind worrying about all the symptoms and stress add to anxiety. My body currently is very sensitive to all suppliments. B Complex, magnesium, and zinc, but I haven't tried Omega 3 yet. I am also very sensitive to certain foods, caffeine, nicotine, sugars, Tylenol and strong perfumes or other smells. I am learning as I go. My Dr. gave me lorazepam to help with sleep the past 10 days. But I don't need to start a benzo addiction!! I took a small cut piece a few nights and skipped other nights. I also get the racing heart feeling when I wake up in the morning, which I've read is release of cortison in the body.

I need to try to control my anxiety... which intensifies my symptoms and just brings more anxiety, but I want to do it in the healthiest safest way possible. Preferably with NO MORE MEDS! I at least want to try!

Edited by ChessieCat
Merged 2 posts

• Moderator Emeritus

There are many existing topics on this site.  Before making a new topic please use either the site search function or google and add survivingantidepressants.org to the search term.

shortness-of-breath-and-other-breathing-issues

tips-to-help-sleep-so-many-of-us-have-that-awful-withdrawal-insomnia

fear-terror-panic-and-anxiety

non-drug-techniques-to-cope

Some members find that magnesium helps to reduce anxiety.  the-rule-of-3kis-keep-it-simple-keep-it-slow-keep-it-stable

Edited by ChessieCat

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Thank you! I didn't realize there was a search engine, that helps. 

Thx

• Moderator Emeritus

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

I have one Dr that insists I need to go on Effexor and take Lorazepam at night for insomnia and a psych I went to because we thought he would know more about meds and withdrawal and he told me to take Cipralex and take Bromazepam for insomnia. Drs say it will help with my tingling, constant dizziness, weakness, anxiety I've had for 5 months since a Dr told me to go ct, I was also put on Depokine for 4 months and tapered and have been off for 12 days -(just more dizzy now, anxoous and insomnia). . . Another neurologist did not suggest any other meds. Seriously I don't want to take anything! And it scares me. I just want my body to heal and be off this ****. But I am also suffering from major w/d symptoms day in and day out.  I've also read many times that this did NOT help people and many feel worse and they just stay on the merry-go-round of Drs giving them 1 med after the other. And again you get addicted and have to withdraw. And in the end you aren't healing. I'm so torn and confused. I don't want to be trapped by all these meds. I don't know who to trust. So frustrated. They insist I take it, it will help, like they KNOW... but how many of you have been through this where Dr.s think they know!!?? And are put on multiple meds over and over? I've also read Effexor is a very strong drug and very hard to withdraw from. Not sure I can do this again??!

Yes effexor is quite difficult to withdrawl from in my experience but i can be done slowly. I found it squahsed my anxiety pretty quickly.

Paroxatine - 2004-2006

Effexor XR 75mg 2006 - 2016 (Discontinued Feb 2016) - Withdrawal for 6 months.

Effexor XR 75mg Re-instated June 2017 (Discontinued Dec 2017)

Effexor XR 2-3 mg Re-instated March 10 2018 - 1 day (Didn't work)

Effexor XR 2mg Reinstated (Again) May 11 2018. 6 Beads

July 2018 - 0.0mg of Effexor. Zilch

• Administrator

Welcome, Cari.

When you suddenly go off a drug, you can get severe withdrawal symptoms. Many people here have symptoms similar to what you're reporting.

Did you feel better while you were taking Depakote? Do you have any Depakote left? Is it a capsule or tablet? If a tablet, does it have a shiny sugar coating?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

No I started feeling worse on the Depakote and I had all the same symptoms after going ct from Deanxit. 2 Drs told me to go off the Depokote... it almost felt like it was poisoning me at the end. It is a tablet, but prolonged release so you shouldn't cut it and I was when I was weaning. I do have more. I got it in liquid form to try to taper slower, but scared to take it now in fear of a really bad reaction and the Dr did not recommend going back on.... but to take another med as soon as I stopped. But it's been 12 days... I took nothing except a very small piece of the Lorazepam 6 nights now. I did not take the Effexor he recommended. I called today and told him about the extra dizziness and he said you need to go on the Effexor. I argued that it wasn't a drug I wanted to take but he said I shouldn't listen to the internet or what others say??? So it was left at that... go on the Effexor and call him in 2 weeks. I'm  not convinced it is the best idea.

If I have to choose between Cipralex and Effexor which is safer??? I'm not sure I can handle the wd symptoms for much longer and Drs say this will help. Not sure which Dr to listen to if I decide to go this route.  For some reason Effexor scares me more. It all scares me. I just wanted to be free.... but because of major wd symptoms I'm scared.

• Administrator

Since you were on a tricyclic antidepressant, reinstating a SMALL amount, such as 1mg melitracen, or imipramine or amitriptyline might help.

Cipralex and Effexor are both completely different types of antidepressants. Neither are tricyclics. Why does he want you to take one of them rather than a tricyclic?

You might want to find another doctor.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I have no idea. But I was put on Depokote 4 months ago and was taken off 13 days ago. Maybe this is the reason?? I went off Deanxit ct on May 15. I was given the Depokote after a another Dr told me to go ct from the Deanxit.

1 Dr told me Cipralex and another Dr told me Effexor. I prefer nothing if possible.... but again not sure I can continue to endure symptoms or if giving me another med at this point will help or hinder the process. ??

Cant say either are safe. I'm reluctant to try anything else as it is the devil i know. Effexor is a SNRI as opposed to a SSRI. 

Paroxatine - 2004-2006

Effexor XR 75mg 2006 - 2016 (Discontinued Feb 2016) - Withdrawal for 6 months.

Effexor XR 75mg Re-instated June 2017 (Discontinued Dec 2017)

Effexor XR 2-3 mg Re-instated March 10 2018 - 1 day (Didn't work)

Effexor XR 2mg Reinstated (Again) May 11 2018. 6 Beads

July 2018 - 0.0mg of Effexor. Zilch

What Drs are best at helping with withdrawal/tapering? Neurologists or psychiatrists?? I'm having problems finding a good Dr. who is educated and helpful. I'm not in the US, I'm an American living overseas.

• Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately there are not many medical professionals anywhere who recognise and can help with tapering.  That is precisely why this site exists.  You might find these topics helpful:

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

Dr put me on Depokote after going ct from Deanxit 5 months ago. I have weaned and went off the depokote 2 weeks ago and I've been having shortness of breathe and harder to get a deep breath. Will this pass? Should I be concerned? I'm also more dizzy. Obviously w/d but most of my symptoms never even went away when I took the Depokote anyways (tingling and dizzy and much more etc) so it wasn't really helping with the ct. Dr says I MUST go on an antidepressant and it will help. ?? More meds!!! The beathing scares me most... even effects my sleep when I am first trying to fall asleep, with light body jerks and a few brain zaps. Will it pass eventually? Or should I be really concerned??

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Cari said:

Dr says I MUST go on an antidepressant and it will help. ?? 

On 10/3/2018 at 6:07 AM, Altostrata said:

Since you were on a tricyclic antidepressant, reinstating a SMALL amount, such as 1mg melitracen, or imipramine or amitriptyline might help.

The docs keep wanting to switch you to drugs that work in very different ways, so they are unlikely to cover the withdrawal symptoms from the first drug.  Deanxit contains melitracen, a tri-cyclic antidepressant.  Those that Alto mentions are the most likely to help if anything can.

Another option is to stay off all meds and ride out the withdrawal.  It's impossible to predict a timeframe for recovery, but in general we see people's symptoms improve over time.  I think you're right to be wary of Effexor - it is known to be difficult to get off.

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

I am currently taking 1/6 of a 1mg pill of Lorazepam. The Dr said to take 1mg, I didn't listen aftaid of addiction and more problems. I took it for 9 nights out of 15 nights only. Is it safer to switch to Bromazepam?? Is it less potent? Easier to get off of? I was given this by my first Dr. I want try to stop taking it as fast as I can but in a slow manner not to upset my body even more?? How can I swap to Bromazepam and is it a good decision?? 

A Dr. recently gave me 1mg of Lorazepam to sleep. 9 of the past 15 days I only took approximately 1/6 or smaller of the pill, not wanting to get addicted. Is it better to take Bromazepam? The Dr before gave it to me and I didn't take it. Can I switch over easily? Is it better to withdraw from? Less potent? I want to be OFF fully.. asap but I don't want to shock my body more than it already is. A few night ago I missed takong it on purpose and felt awful the next day! So just stopping already scares me. 

Can I switch?? Good decision? How do I do it?

• Moderator Emeritus
25 minutes ago, Cari said:

A Dr. recently gave me 1mg of Lorazepam to sleep. 9 of the past 15 days I only took approximately 1/6 or smaller of the pill, not wanting to get addicted. Is it better to take Bromazepam? The Dr before gave it to me and I didn't take it. Can I switch over easily? Is it better to withdraw from? Less potent? I want to be OFF fully.. asap but I don't want to shock my body more than it already is. A few night ago I missed takong it on purpose and felt awful the next day! So just stopping already scares me. 

Can I switch?? Good decision? How do I do it?

Cari, we are not doctors here. We can only give you information on a safe taper. We cannot recommend new drugs or drugs to switch to. 

As I wrote in your benzo topic, you can become dependent on a benzo in as little as 2 - 4 weeks. This is true for lorazepam and for bromazepam. It's also true for periodic benzo use. 

Lorazepam has a short half life of 10 - 20 hours, depending on how quickly you metabolize it. So it's possible that some of the anxiety you are feeling is from interdose withdrawal (going into withdrawal between doses) or rebound anxiety. 

Please see Alto and Songbird's posts:

On 10/2/2018 at 1:07 PM, Altostrata said:

1 hour ago, Songbird said:

The docs keep wanting to switch you to drugs that work in very different ways, so they are unlikely to cover the withdrawal symptoms from the first drug.  Deanxit contains melitracen, a tri-cyclic antidepressant.  Those that Alto mentions are the most likely to help if anything can.

Reinstating a small amount of melitracen, imipramine, or amitriptyline, as Alto mentioned, would be safer than continuing on with a benzodiazepine such as lorazepam or switching to bromazepam.

The tricyclic antidepressants are sedating for a lot of people and with a destabilized nervous system, you want to go on a very low dose in case your nervous system hyper-reacts to it. The goal is to get on a small dose that will allow you to sleep without a benzo. 

As I wrote in your benzo thread, I would stop the benzos before you become dependent. 

Please let us know your thoughts.

1 hour ago, Shep said:

Cari, we are not doctors here. We can only give you information on a safe taper. We cannot recommend new drugs or drugs to switch to. 

As I wrote in your benzo topic, you can become dependent on a benzo in as little as 2 - 4 weeks. This is true for lorazepam and for bromazepam. It's also true for periodic benzo use. 

Lorazepam has a short half life of 10 - 20 hours, depending on how quickly you metabolize it. So it's possible that some of the anxiety you are feeling is from interdose withdrawal (going into withdrawal between doses) or rebound anxiety. 

Reinstating a small amount of melitracen, imipramine, or amitriptyline, as Alto mentioned, would be safer than continuing on with a benzodiazepine such as lorazepam or switching to bromazepam.

The tricyclic antidepressants are sedating for a lot of people and with a destabilized nervous system, you want to go on a very low dose in case your nervous system hyper-reacts to it. The goal is to get on a small dose that will allow you to sleep without a benzo. 

As I wrote in your benzo thread, I would stop the benzos before you become dependent. 

I need to find a Dr who will support this... I'm still confused why they didn't put me on a similar drug as DEANXIT in the very beginning??? Unless they were worried... I weaned slowly 1 week from Deanxit, Dr told me to go ct because I was getting dizzy, went to ER like 5 days later very dizzy anf THAT Dr told me to go back on the Deanxit fully, 5 days later I was really bad and in the ER. That same night the dr. Told me to stay on the Deanxit... the next morning I only took a half just in case I was having a reaction and I could feel the increased tingling moving up my legs and more dizzy. It was like my body was rejecting it. He told me to stop then gave me the Depokote.

Basically I feel like none of them have any idea what they are doing!!

2 hours ago, Shep said:

You don't think I can be dependant on the benzo already?? I took it 9 days hit and miss. Or could it be helping with the wd effects of the other drugs... so I feel worse when I didnt take it? Sorry for all the questions. 😐

6 hours ago, Shep said:

How can I wean from the benzo the best? Fast but safe? Ill go from there....

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Cari said:

I need to find a Dr who will support this... I'm still confused why they didn't put me on a similar drug as DEANXIT in the very beginning??? Unless they were worried... I weaned slowly 1 week from Deanxit, Dr told me to go ct because I was getting dizzy, went to ER like 5 days later very dizzy anf THAT Dr told me to go back on the Deanxit fully, 5 days later I was really bad and in the ER. That same night the dr. Told me to stay on the Deanxit... the next morning I only took a half just in case I was having a reaction and I could feel the increased tingling moving up my legs and more dizzy. It was like my body was rejecting it. He told me to stop then gave me the Depokote.

Basically I feel like none of them have any idea what they are doing!!

That is correct, they don't know what they're doing. They think you had an adverse reaction to Deanxit. The dosage was probably too high.

If you request melitracen, imipramine, or amitriptyline, they'll probably see the sense in that. They love to prescribe antidepressants. 

They will not understand the concept of a "very low dosage." Most likely, you'll have to make a liquid of your drug so you can take a very small amount. Please discuss that with us here.

See your benzo thread for tapering instructions.

On 10/5/2018 at 12:13 AM, Altostrata said:

That is correct, they don't know what they're doing. They think you had an adverse reaction to Deanxit. The dosage was probably too high.

If you request melitracen, imipramine, or amitriptyline, they'll probably see the sense in that. They love to prescribe antidepressants. 

They will not understand the concept of a "very low dosage." Most likely, you'll have to make a liquid of your drug so you can take a very small amount. Please discuss that with us here.

See your benzo thread for tapering instructions.

Thank you! I'm still hoping to use nothing... ride this out and HEAL! IF I can't bare it anymore I will discuss taking 1 of the above antidepressants. Think it would still work after being off for 5 months? Or it's ify? If I need to take it I will contact you to make a liquid drug form! Thank you!

I am weaning down quickly from Lorazepam. Took a very tiny piece last night and the night before, just as precaution. So far so good a little more dizzy yesterday, but fighting through it! I will completely stop in the next few days only!

• Moderator Emeritus
On 10/4/2018 at 9:39 AM, Cari said:

You don't think I can be dependant on the benzo already?? I took it 9 days hit and miss. Or could it be helping with the wd effects of the other drugs... so I feel worse when I didnt take it? Sorry for all the questions. 😐

On 10/4/2018 at 1:41 PM, Cari said:

How can I wean from the benzo the best? Fast but safe? Ill go from there....

5 hours ago, Cari said:

I am weaning down quickly from Lorazepam. Took a very tiny piece last night and the night before, just as precaution. So far so good a little more dizzy yesterday, but fighting through it! I will completely stop in the next few days only!

"Weaning down quickly" sounds like a great way to get off the benzo, Cari. You are still within a safe window of time to get off quickly. 

The moderators have listed links to the fish oil and magnesium threads. Have you been able to add in one of these to see if it helps with your symptoms? 

In addition to the non-drug coping skills links others have left for you, I'll add this very effective breathing technique you may find helpful. 

4-7-8 Breathing: Health Benefits & Demonstration (article and 8 minute video)

And a couple of great guided meditation to use in the evening:

Guided Meditation Deep sleep | anxiety and insomnia relief | relaxation before bedtime video (21 minutes)

Body Scan Exercise, Jon Kabat-Zinn video (29 minutes)

If you don't like these, there are many others you may like better on YouTube. 

Let us know how you do over the coming days as you come off the benzo completely. 

Thank you! Already doing breathing videos for pranayama and love it.

Ill keep you updated. Thank you for your help. 🙂

I think I have sleep Apnea and I need to know what to do! It has been getting worse ea night I withdraw from Lorazepam!  This happened dramatically 2  times to me when all this withdrawal started where it was VERY noticable and I didn't sleep the whole night ea time and ended up at the Dr. The first time was when I ended up in the ER after withdrawing from Deanxit, and another night when I was in the middle of withdrawing from Depokote I couldnt sleep all night and the Dr then took me off fully from Depokote that next night and gave me the Lorazepam to help with sleep.

Now it is starting AGAIN and here I am up most of the night, basically all night not sleeping and waking up gasping for air. I start falling into a sleep, I am very tired and then I am waken up by a gasp like I stop breathing.... this happens over and over again! I have been trying to ignore it the past few nights... and I got by and would sleep eventualltly sleep... but now my body literally won't let me sleep. I obviously NEED to sleep and sleep Apnea is dangerous! Im not sleeping tonight at all. 

What Dr should I see for this asap???! I don't want more MEDS and if it is withdrawal induced sleep apnea taking meds to sleep can be dangerous!

I have read other posts that this happens to people in withdrawal on this site. Do I see a pulmonary Dr?? I need to see a Dr tomorrow... please advize quickly.

• Administrator

The breathing problem in sleep apnea is treated by a pulmonary doctor. He or she will conduct tests to diagnose it.

But startling during sleep may well be a withdrawal symptom rather than sleep apnea.

You've only been taking the benzo 9 days, did it help you sleep? How are you tapering it?

Have you given any consideration to:

On 10/2/2018 at 10:07 AM, Altostrata said:

26 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

The breathing problem in sleep apnea is treated by a pulmonary doctor. He or she will conduct tests to diagnose it.

But startling during sleep may well be a withdrawal symptom rather than sleep apnea.

You've only been taking the benzo 9 days, did it help you sleep? How are you tapering it?

Have you given any consideration to:

Yes could def be withdrawal...I don't 

Remember having this any other time in my life... but doesn't feel safe. Withdrawal or not. So it scares me.

I have taken Lorazepam now for 13 days out of 17 days... I am down to a very small piece. I am cutting it. I was never taking the whole 1 mg and have had very small pieces to try to prevent a dramatic withdrawal. I think it did help me sleep, but the more I come off the worse I am sleeping. I felt pretty good yesterday I was positive still with symptoms but stronger and more energy and less dizzy, barely tingling and now today AWFUL! VERY bad day... but I'm sure exhaustion doesn't help... very weak, more stiff joints, my head feels heavier... more dizzy as always, off balance, tingling a lot more. Just my daily life for a long time, but an even worse day.

I am still considering taking the AD you recommended... but I was really praying I wouldn't have to! Even afraid it could make me even worse!

It feels like this will never end! 😢

Im tired of this... my body is really messed up!

I went smaller in pill cut size yesterday... I haven't reacted too much before this so thought it would be ok as always. It's so tiny now it's not even funny. Could my body really be THAT SENSITIVE to such a tiny amount for a short period of time? Would going up a tiny little bigger for tomorrow complicate the withdrawal process? I've read this can cause kindling?

• Administrator

The idea is that reinstatement of a a SMALL amount, such as 1mg melitracen, or imipramine or amitriptyline might help you sleep so you don't need the benzo.