thelegend: hoping to get there

thelegend

8 hours ago, thelegend said:

usually feeling better, but I do know that come Morning it will be bad again so that always sucks.

Have you considered/tried an evening routine? A mindset of positive expectations only. This means that you will wake up relaxed. You will have a restful sleep. If you catch yourself (when?) having anything but positive thoughts at night - just let them go away. When you are sleeping your brain remembers the last 3 hours what you were thinking about.

If I follow my evening routine - I am much more likely to sleep better. If I do things like being on SA and being on the computer - my sleep suffers.  I have a CBT exercise about anieity provoking things in my near future - and then doing a relaxing routine.

Try and practice - having positive expectations all evening that you will awaken relaxed.  It may take a while. It is worth a try and I hope helps.

Just an update: I am not sure what to do anymore. Last night I felt GREAT, totally my old self. This morning anxiety is just horrific, I just hate this so much. The back and forth. Glimmers of hope just to come crashing down! Please tell me it gets better. I have been doing this for over 2 years now since I stupidly CTd Zoloft not knowing any better. Has that one decision ruined the rest of my life and doomed me to this horrible existence?

April 2010 - January 2018: Zoloft 50-100 mgs (would go back and forth between these doses, mostly at 50mgs).

April - May 2018: Attempted to restart Zoloft for 6 weeks, made things worse so switched to...

June 2018 - Novemeber 2019: Lexapro 10mgs

August 2018 - Current: Zyprexa added for early morning extreme anxiety

November 2018 - February 2019: Lexapro 5mgs, then off since doctor said it “wasn’t working if still having anxiety.” Looking back I was probably stabilizing very slowly.

New Doctor reinstated:

May 1st, 2019 - Current - Zoloft 50mgs, 2.5mg Zyprexa 

Man, a tough, tough day. Hoping for a better one tomorrow. Anyone with some advice or encouragement coming off a just terrible day?

April 2010 - January 2018: Zoloft 50-100 mgs (would go back and forth between these doses, mostly at 50mgs).

April - May 2018: Attempted to restart Zoloft for 6 weeks, made things worse so switched to...

November 2018 - February 2019: Lexapro 5mgs, then off since doctor said it “wasn’t working if still having anxiety.” Looking back I was probably stabilizing very slowly.

New Doctor reinstated:

• Mentor
6 minutes ago, thelegend said:

Man, a tough, tough day. Hoping for a better one tomorrow. Anyone with some advice or encouragement coming off a just terrible day?

Keep pushing. It does get better! Remember the days that are the worst are the day’s that your body is doing the most work to heal itself. 

Each day that passes is one day closer to being healed. 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

@Cocopuffz17 - thanks! Do you think I will really heal from this? After nearly 10 months of holding and over 2 years since this nightmare starting, I am having a hard time maintaining hope.

New Doctor reinstated:

• Mentor
1 hour ago, thelegend said:

@Cocopuffz17 - thanks! Do you think I will really heal from this? After nearly 10 months of holding and over 2 years since this nightmare starting, I am having a hard time maintaining hope.

I do. I never thought I would see any improvement in my symptoms. In windows I feel the best I’ve ever felt in my life. In waves they are manageable now and I am able to function at a decent level. 

Remember everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed ! 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

4 hours ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

I do. I never thought I would see any improvement in my symptoms. In windows I feel the best I’ve ever felt in my life. In waves they are manageable now and I am able to function at a decent level. 

Remember everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed ! 

that is great you feel so much better and are OFF the drugs. I am struggling this bad trying to get ON Zoloft again in a reinstatement. Nevertheless have to add a horrible drug like Zyprexa to the mix. I never thought I would be where I am today with drugs, and to still feel crappy while on TWO drugs, seem like a cruel type of unfair!

New Doctor reinstated:

A pretty manageable day yesterday. This morning I woke at 6AM to crushing anxiety again. Burning skin, seriously guys, am I doing something wrong? Why am I not getting better? I can’t keep living like this!

New Doctor reinstated:

You had a Manageable day yesterday so please don’t get discouraged! That is how it was for me!

My waves and windows all over the place ! 
finally I see and feel more windows . Hold tight 

my dear friend you are healing God bless you

1997 regular Effexor  150 mg2016-2017 up dosage to 225 tried several times to taper no luck fast taper Back on  panic attacks anxiety Insomnia 2017 doing ok after a year but then insomia doctor put me onTrazodone 

was on Trazodone for 6 months or longer 

did a fast taper getting panic attacks 
2018 Doctor switched me to Effexor XR an 

reduced my dose to 225 - down to 150 felt worse went back on regular Effexor  Venlafaxine

2018 taper again, To fast tapered down to 112.5 from 150 take half twice a day 56.25 

Matt take the good.This is work time on ourselves. Let go of trying to figure stuff out.there will be bad days and good ones.

This could take 10 yrs who cares.it will happen.

ive never stabalized on zoloft.its poison.i wouldn't expect to.

Have you tried to reduce a little. It gives me worse anxiety when I take it.

March-2017-Dec-2017 ativanCT /reinstated ativan 1mg tapered 2 months/June 2017-April 2018 zyprexa 10mg switched to seroquel 200-300mg in april 2018/dec-2017-present zoloft 100mg/ quit seroquel 200-300mg cold turkey May 6 2018 reinstated seroquel 100mg around May 25 2018 since then tapered to 50mg zoloft and 50 mg of seroquel presently other medications Testosterone cypionate 2oomg every 4 days

UPDATE -August 20 2018--october 20 2018 tapered off Testosterone/Nov 7 2018 --Dec 20 2018 Lamictal micro dose 2.50mg 1 1/2 weeks then reduced to 1.25 then fast tapered as it became paridoxial.nausea- racing thoughts- agitation and insomnia.

August 28 2018 to Present Cannabis indica micro dose PM bedtime only.

Presently Seroquel 37.5 mg bedtime /Zoloft 47mg morning

May 2018-Present Multivitamin/ Bcomplex/Vit C 1000MG/B12 1000MCG/Fish oils 2grams/

Jan 2019-Trace mineral liquid low dose

Update dec 2019 -29mg of zoloft tapering/Seroquel 37.5 holding/1 or 2  ativan 1mg a month as needed if that.

Black seed oil-caprylic acid-/b complex/b12/multi/D/E/melatonin

@RusTW - I haven’t tried to reduce, just been trying to not do anything different so I don’t upset the nervous system anymore. I took Zoloft for 8 years and only had problems when I stupidly CTd it. Now I feel I am doomed to forever be paying for that one mistake.

New Doctor reinstated:

16 minutes ago, thelegend said:

@RusTW - I haven’t tried to reduce, just been trying to not do anything different so I don’t upset the nervous system anymore. I took Zoloft for 8 years and only had problems when I stupidly CTd it. Now I feel I am doomed to forever be paying for that one mistake.

Nope move on.zoloft doesn't work for you anymore. It's a **** drug.im tapering it soon.im almost off it at 25 mg.

Are u on 50mg

March-2017-Dec-2017 ativanCT /reinstated ativan 1mg tapered 2 months/June 2017-April 2018 zyprexa 10mg switched to seroquel 200-300mg in april 2018/dec-2017-present zoloft 100mg/ quit seroquel 200-300mg cold turkey May 6 2018 reinstated seroquel 100mg around May 25 2018 since then tapered to 50mg zoloft and 50 mg of seroquel presently other medications Testosterone cypionate 2oomg every 4 days

UPDATE -August 20 2018--october 20 2018 tapered off Testosterone/Nov 7 2018 --Dec 20 2018 Lamictal micro dose 2.50mg 1 1/2 weeks then reduced to 1.25 then fast tapered as it became paridoxial.nausea- racing thoughts- agitation and insomnia.

August 28 2018 to Present Cannabis indica micro dose PM bedtime only.

Presently Seroquel 37.5 mg bedtime /Zoloft 47mg morning

May 2018-Present Multivitamin/ Bcomplex/Vit C 1000MG/B12 1000MCG/Fish oils 2grams/

Jan 2019-Trace mineral liquid low dose

Update dec 2019 -29mg of zoloft tapering/Seroquel 37.5 holding/1 or 2  ativan 1mg a month as needed if that.

Black seed oil-caprylic acid-/b complex/b12/multi/D/E/melatonin

I’m with you thelegend wouldn’t do any thing

right now but absolutely get off once you stabilize 

1997 regular Effexor  150 mg2016-2017 up dosage to 225 tried several times to taper no luck fast taper Back on  panic attacks anxiety Insomnia 2017 doing ok after a year but then insomia doctor put me onTrazodone 

reduced my dose to 225 - down to 150 felt worse went back on regular Effexor  Venlafaxine

2018 taper again, To fast tapered down to 112.5 from 150 take half twice a day 56.25 

31 minutes ago, RusTW said:

Nope move on.zoloft doesn't work for you anymore. It's a **** drug.im tapering it soon.im almost off it at 25 mg.

Are u on 50mg

yep I am on 50mgs. Looking at what the mods suggest to others I should have tried to go back on at like 1-5mgs, it is what it is at this point though.

New Doctor reinstated:

Went on a campout with my kids last night, it was freezing cold so I didn’t sleep well. Actually woke today to my shock with very little anxiety. Thought it would mean a good day anxiety wise because of this...not the case. Anxiety kicked up at about noon or 1 and has just been awful. Burning eyes, skin, and sensitivity to touch to go along with it. It has to get better at some point!

New Doctor reinstated:

Well it is a good problem to have, but it seems most of my friends on this site have gotten much better so they check in much less often. That is awesome! However it seems it does leave me talking to myself on my thread most of the time. Haha!

New Doctor reinstated:

You will heal! Please buy the book the secret!

I don’t know if it’s my mind changing, staying in the now or I’m healing all together! God bless you my friend 

Hello TL

Nope. I am here. Yesterday and today I was fully engaged in things not as nearly as fun as camping with kids! 

On 2/23/2020 at 12:39 PM, Lynnardgirl said:

I don’t know if it’s my mind changing, staying in the now or I’m healing all together!

Good for you!

On 2/22/2020 at 10:10 PM, thelegend said:

Actually woke today to my shock with very little anxiety. Thought it would mean a good day anxiety wise because of this...not the case

Mine may start (some of the time) because of what I am thinking about - something I need to do that I don't want to do - or apprehension about asking or telling someone something.   Maybe this is the case for you some of the time? My chest may start pounding, for example. Sometimes it is simply out of the blue with nothing I can sort out.

Hi.  I’m sorry you are struggling so much.  I see you are 9 months at 50 mg.  Keep hanging in there.  You will stabilize.  

You asked on my thread how long it took for me to start feeling better.  Looking back it was about 5-6 months from when my most horrid symptoms began.  I quit Trazodone, Xanax and finished a taper in February 2016 from 150 mg of Zoloft.  I had a honeymoon period.  It was not until July that I found SA, and I realized I was suffering from the CT/fast Taper.  The absolute worst ended sometime during the next January, but horrible waves kept coming back for another year and half at least.  If you read my thread you will see that I didn’t ”feel better” very often.  I can see now the progression was continuous improvement after every wave, but the waves could be quite brutal.

Try to think to yourself during waves that there will be improvement afterward.  It helps.

Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

On 2/26/2020 at 7:58 PM, Rosetta said:

Hi.  I’m sorry you are struggling so much.  I see you are 9 months at 50 mg.  Keep hanging in there.  You will stabilize.  

You asked on my thread how long it took for me to start feeling better.  Looking back it was about 5-6 months from when my most horrid symptoms began.  I quit Trazodone, Xanax and finished a taper in February 2016 from 150 mg of Zoloft.  I had a honeymoon period.  It was not until July that I found SA, and I realized I was suffering from the CT/fast Taper.  The absolute worst ended sometime during the next January, but horrible waves kept coming back for another year and half at least.  If you read my thread you will see that I didn’t ”feel better” very often.  I can see now the progression was continuous improvement after every wave, but the waves could be quite brutal.

Try to think to yourself during waves that there will be improvement afterward.  It helps.

Rosetta

Thank you Rosetta, keeps me hopeful 

Hey @thelegend, thought I'd drop by and say hello, see how you are doing. I haven't been posting much cos I've been dealing with family illness. Has set me back a little bit, but I'll push through again. During this time, I also started eating a LOT of sugar and it REALLY messed me up. Anyway, enough about me.

How are you?I see you went on a campout, which is amazing! I know it can feel like 'you'll be paying for one mistake forever,' that's a very typical WD kind of thought, isn't it? Truth is, you won't. It's just that recovery takes time and healing is inconsistent.

You're getting there, your patches of feeling good are proof of that ❤️ 

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

March 2016 used MDMA triggered setback

April 2016 Citalopram 10mg October 2016 cut to 5mg, May 2017 cut to 2.5mg

May 2018 used MDMA triggered setback

June 2018 Citalopram 2.5mg up to 10mg, then back to 5mg

July/ August 2018 7.5mg, then 10mg

June 2019 updosed to 20mg Citalopram

August 2019 cold switch to Venlafaxine 75mg XR

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

On 3/1/2020 at 12:56 AM, sunnysideup69 said:

Hey @thelegend, thought I'd drop by and say hello, see how you are doing. I haven't been posting much cos I've been dealing with family illness. Has set me back a little bit, but I'll push through again. During this time, I also started eating a LOT of sugar and it REALLY messed me up. Anyway, enough about me.

How are you?I see you went on a campout, which is amazing! I know it can feel like 'you'll be paying for one mistake forever,' that's a very typical WD kind of thought, isn't it? Truth is, you won't. It's just that recovery takes time and healing is inconsistent.

You're getting there, your patches of feeling good are proof of that ❤️ 

Sorry to hear about the recent setback, but at least you are seeing good spells so you know you are healing. I had a pretty manageable week last week, not good by any stretch, but I could manage. Last could of days the morning had been horrible, but I have been getting very nice windows in the evenings again, which have been very nice. Almost symptom free after about 5pm the last two days, but the mornings are still so hard!

New Doctor reinstated:

Good to see your getting windows in the evenings again. It definitely helps having a break from it all before the next day.

With your anxiety in mornings is it purely physical symptoms that you get or to do get anxious thoughts too?....I know when you get the physical symptoms it’s hard to not let the mind attach them to something.

20mg Lexapro 2007

10mg Lexapro 2012

Started tapering approx (October 2017) 12 months ago  from 10mg to 9mg then 8 then 7 then 6 then 5 then 4 then 3.

Held for approx 4 to 6 weeks min on each reduction.

Hit severe symptoms (started 7th Nov) after dropping to 3mg. Dropped to 3mg approx 22nd October.

Back to 4mg (7th November) and stabilising. Current symptoms started 23rd November 2018

Used diazepam (2018) 10mg 10th Nov, 5mg 11th Nov, 2.5mg 12 Nov, 2mg 13th Nov.

Used diazepam 10mg 24th Nov, 7.5 25th Nov and 5mg 26th November 2018

Really good you are beginning to get some evening relief again. Fantastic!

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

March 2016 used MDMA triggered setback

April 2016 Citalopram 10mg October 2016 cut to 5mg, May 2017 cut to 2.5mg

May 2018 used MDMA triggered setback

June 2018 Citalopram 2.5mg up to 10mg, then back to 5mg

July/ August 2018 7.5mg, then 10mg

June 2019 updosed to 20mg Citalopram

August 2019 cold switch to Venlafaxine 75mg XR

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

Guys, I don’t know what to do. I am in my own personal hell where there is no escape. I wake every morning to torturous anxiety. Yes @Tom37 physical and mental symptoms. I just am not getting better and don’t know where to turn or what to do!

New Doctor reinstated:

• Mentor

Legend, this will end and you will recover.  Anxiety will not define your life.  I was where you are and dreaded every morning; I prayed every day on my way to work just to get through the day.  But I got up and did it all over again day after day.  Eventually, almost imperceptibly, the symptoms decreased over time.  They will for you, too.  

Tim C

Started Paxil for GAD in 1999

Unsuccessful taper attempt in 2006

Paxilprogress helped with a successful taper completed in 2009

Using therapy and CBT to manage my anxiety

It will end this nightmare ! Sometimes like today’

I want to give up but we can’t just have faith !

God bless you my friend 

@mstimc - how long did I take for you. It is almost 3 years now since this nightmare started for me. I know now I made it all worse by jumping around on meds, but I simply didn’t know any better. I really thought after 10 months of holding I would be getting some relief at this point. 

@Lynnardgirl - how long have you been holding now? Have you seen any improvement?

New Doctor reinstated:

• Mentor
8 minutes ago, thelegend said:

@mstimc - how long did I take for you. It is almost 3 years now since this nightmare started for me. I know now I made it all worse by jumping around on meds, but I simply didn’t know any better. I really thought after 10 months of holding I would be getting some relief at this point. 

@Lynnardgirl - how long have you been holding now? Have you seen any improvement?

It took me about three years to see improvement.  But this isn't a race--it'll take you as long as you need.  First step, don't blame yourself;  you did what you thought was right based on the information you had at the time.  Don't dwell on what's been lost, but what your future can be once you're past all of this.

Tim C

4 hours ago, mstimc said:

It took me about three years to see improvement.  But this isn't a race--it'll take you as long as you need.  First step, don't blame yourself;  you did what you thought was right based on the information you had at the time.  Don't dwell on what's been lost, but what your future can be once you're past all of this.

I hope so, it just feels impossible to believe the future holds anything other than crushing anxiety.

New Doctor reinstated:

Monthly Update:

Sensitive to sound - pretty much gone

Sensitive to touch - less, almost gone

Pins and needles - sometimes at night

Burning eyes, arms, back, feet - still have arms some mornings, eyes are still a problem

Hyper stimulation - less that the beginning, but still around.

Bad sleep - still awaken too early with anxiety...maybe it isn’t quite as early?

Waking with cortisal spikes - still around, maybe as bad as ever!

Light headedness, or feeling like you are not quite all there - still around, probably not as bad.

Massive anxiety - very much still around, bad as ever.

IBS - better, but still not gone, come back quite often in the AM.

Shaking - still happens when anxiety is high

Sweating - pretty much gone.

New Doctor reinstated:

• Mentor
13 hours ago, thelegend said:

I hope so, it just feels impossible to believe the future holds anything other than crushing anxiety.

That's one of the curses of anxiety and WD disorders--because your mind has turned against you, its incredibly difficult to overcome the catastrophic thoughts.  Most other chronic diseases can, to a degree, be quantified and managed by behavoirs.  If you have diabetes, you can control your diet and take insulin.  If you have arthritis you can take pain meds and exercise or get physical therapy.  But anxiety and WD try to tell you there's no hope and you're doomed forever--they create their own reality.  But they really are just thoughts have only have the power we give them.  It was a titanically  difficult path for me, but I got to the end.  You will too!

Tim C

@mstimc - Thanks for that, that is really helpful. I don’t know if I am just in a bad wave or what, but the last 3 days have just been unbearable!

New Doctor reinstated:

9 hours ago, thelegend said:

Monthly Update:

Hi there

This is an encouraging post.

Anxiety and insomnia are from everything I have learned from members on the site are the 'last to go' in many or most instances.  When I look at your list - it looks like great improvement overall.

5 hours ago, mstimc said:

anxiety and WD try to tell you there's no hope and you're doomed forever--they create their own reality.  But they really are just thoughts have only have the power we give them

@thelegend

This is so true and @mstimc thank you for articulating this. Anxiety creates itself - and takes on a life of its own in WD situations. It snowballs and feeds itself on our negative thoughts.  The brain is wired to think in negative terms for self-protection - i.e., the noise may be a bear getting closer to us so we experience fear.

I see a lot of improvement. It takes a long time for most of us.

How are you doing @Giulietta? I am hoping the improvement in other things start spilling into the anxiety...last week it felt a little more manageable...this week...not so much!

New Doctor reinstated:

1 minute ago, thelegend said:

I am hoping the improvement in other things start spilling into the anxiety...last week it felt a little more manageable...this week...not so much!

It will! That is why every good day we are grateful for.

WD does seem to be a process - an 'illness.' Recovering from a broken bone takes less time...  😉

I have found that even though I enjoy a string of good days - there is the possibilty that difficult ones may appear. That helps me...