Usha: dreaming whole night

• Moderator Emeritus

There are many existing topics on this site.  I suggest before asking that you do a search.

5-htp-5-hydroxytryptophan-and-l-tryptophan

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

12 hours ago, Usha said:

@rupa

@Dejavu

@DataGuy

@bijay

Have you guys tried tryptophan for sleep???

Here every one follows,genuine signatures Usha.

Cold turkeyed risperidone (1m.g)and trihexyphenidyl combination drug out of ignorance,In August 2016 after one month use.

Withdrawal symptoms settled at dreamful,disturbing sleep.

Thus introduced to olanzapine for sleep.Started using olanzapine out of ignorance.

Tapering olanzapine 10 m.g from February 2017.

May 2018 :Still suffering dreams,Still tapering olanzapine at 0.625.100ml water+2.5 mg olanzapine. June 2018 22.5ml=0.57mg.July 2018 20ml,August 2018-17.5ml,September 2018-15ml,October 2018 10 ml,December 2018 7 ml, BrassMonkey slide method so far at lower doses.2 nd December cold turkeyed , only to reach minure doses as reinstatement to cutshort endless tapering process.4rth December started 1ml.

Almost no symptoms and sleep is better,So started 0.5 ml from 17-12-2018.

"0"from31-12-18.Re birth happened from 10- 2020,as rejuvenation took whole2019.Completely recovered now.

17 hours ago, Usha said:

@rupa

@Dejavu

@DataGuy

@bijay

Have you guys tried tryptophan for sleep???

Hi @Usha,

I tried tryptophan early on in withdrawal but had an adverse reaction to it. If your problem stems from paroxetine and other SSRI antidepressants, I would not recommend tryptophan, as it is converted through a series of steps to serotonin and will have similar (though milder) effects to SSRIs. Combining SSRIs and tryptophan has even in some cases resulted in serotonin syndrome, a potentially lethal condition which results from serotonin toxicity. 

Supplementing with products that increase serotonin will stimulate the serotonin (5-HT) receptors and will send a signal to your system that they do not need to upregulate. This is why I recommended staying away from both nutritional supplements and drugs. 

Have you tried changing around your diet at all? Some people find the ketogenic diet helps them. Antidepressants seem capable of creating problems with glucose metabolism.

Remeron - 2004-2005 (bad withdrawal)

Clonazepam - 2005-2018 (jumped around March)

Olanzapine - 2014- late 2017

Domperidone - 2008-2018

Many drugs in between including Lexapro, other benzos and z-drugs.

Still suffering post-withdrawal from Clonazepam (Klonopin), Olanzapine and Domperidone. 

• 2 weeks later...

@DataGuy can you pls check the below link

Carbamide Forte Sleep well,relax & DE-stress soothing sleep formula-vitamins-60 Veg Tablets https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07GJLK63S/ref=cm_sw_r_fm_apa_i_HMGqFbFRY6A0G

I have so many times took these tablets, I sleep better. Composition of these tablets are Ltheanine, tryptophan, melatonin, valerine extracts.

March 2013 -April 2013 citalopram 5 mg/Clonazepam 0.5 mg/ Beta blockers

April 2013- June 2013 I was not taking any meds, feeling worst

June 2013 -Dec 2013 Fluxetine 20 mg

Dec 2013 Feb 2014 i was not taking meds

Feb 2014 - Jan 2016 - on and off the paroxitine 12.5 as I was not aware these were harmful drugs

As I left the drugs 3 year back so I don't remeber the exact date but tried to recall it as a best match

Jan2016- till now not taking any drugs

Syntoms- Quality sleep, brain feel tired but improving If I compare from past years

Hi @Usha,

I will almost always recommend against supplements unless they are food because 1) you don't need them to heal  2) they may interfere with healing  3) supplements / drugs are the reason everyone got here in the first place.

This contains tryptophan and 5-HTP, which the body will convert to serotonin. The dosage of melatonin is about 20 times what is necessary (see here). I believe chamomile has effects on GABA. Just from googling, this article states that: "Chamomile’s anxiolytic mode of action is unknown. However, several lines of evidence suggest that some of its flavonoid constituents may produce anxiolytic activity by affecting γ-amino butyric acid (GABA), noradrenalin (NA), dopamine (DA), and serotonin neurotransmission [5052] or by modulating hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical axis function [53]." 

These are the types of things that got many of us in trouble in the first place. Supplements can be like drugs, except the benefits and adverse effects are much less well-studied, so you don't even really know what to expect. The contents can also be variable and they are less well-regulated than even drugs, which is saying something. I think the best thing you can do is save your money and get rid of the mindset that you need to take something to sleep or relax. Eventually, your brain will return to normal, but it will have trouble doing this if you bombard it with sedative supplements / drugs. The brain reacts to things like this by adjusting, like it did to the antidepressants, and it can take a long time to adjust back to its normal state, in some cases. 

Remeron - 2004-2005 (bad withdrawal)

Clonazepam - 2005-2018 (jumped around March)

Olanzapine - 2014- late 2017

Domperidone - 2008-2018

Many drugs in between including Lexapro, other benzos and z-drugs.

Still suffering post-withdrawal from Clonazepam (Klonopin), Olanzapine and Domperidone. 

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned.  The only supplements which SA recommends are:

Magnesium

Omega-3 Fish Oil

It is best to try only one thing at a time and start with a small dose.

It is also better not to take something that is a complex because you will not know what is causing any issues if they arise.

the-rule-of-3kis-keep-it-simple-keep-it-slow-keep-it-stable

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 1 month later...

Hi Usha,

You are not alone. I have the same sleep issues after a short course of meds. I never feel as though I go into a deep sleep, rather I sleep on the edge, in a half wake, half jumbled thoughts or dream state. I often can’t perceive the sleep I get because it feels more like thoughts than dreams or sleep. It is extremely unrefreshing and frustrating given I was an excellent sleeper just prior to having gone on meds. I have also been off meds for two years and little improvement has occurred. I did a sleep apnea home test that came back negative. The sleep issues are a direct result of the medication reaction or withdrawal. Many of the commenters of this article are experiencing similar sleep issues many years out as well. https://rxisk.org/sleep-problems-after-stopping-antidepressants/

I wish I had answers for you. Do you feel hyperaroused/hypervigilant when you get into bed to sleep? Is there any anxiety that is present or do you feel completely calm? I tend to feel completely calm however if hyperarousal is present it makes it much much worse and I tend not get any sleep on those nights. I have recently been referred for a stellate ganglion block. I’ll let you know the outcome after the procedure. Best of luck to you 

• 2 weeks later...

So the best thing is avoid thinking of your situation.now I have fixed my sleep and wake time and I am sleeping comparatively well. I improved 80 percent if I compare with sleeping patterns 2/3 years ago so hope for better in the future as well 

Feb 2014 - Jan 2016 - on and off the paroxitine 12.5 as I was not aware these were harmful drugs

As I left the drugs 3 year back so I don't remeber the exact date but tried to recall it as a best match

Syntoms- Quality sleep, brain feel tired but improving If I compare from past years

@Usha  So glad you have seen such improvement, that is fantastic!  Can you tell us in more detail what you mean about fixing your sleep and wake times, does this mean you do not let them change from day to day?  

Started .25 mg. clonazapam Oct. 2016

Started 10 mg. Celexa Dec. 2016

Started 10 mg. amitriptyline January 2017

Also took 60 mg. Dexilant Oct. 2016 through April 2017, successfully tapered off

Stopped Celexa successfully Oct. 2017

Fast taper of amitriptyline Dec. 2017, had major WD symptoms and reinstated at 10 mg. Jan. 2018

Slow amitryptyline taper started Mar. 2019, reduced from 10 mg. to 0.93 mg. currently

Also still taking .25 mg. clonazapam daily in late evening

Yes this is great to hear! You give us hope! Do you feel that lowering your concern about the sleep is what really made the biggest difference or did time seem to help the most? 

• 1 month later...

So fst thinhg is fix your wake up and sleep time. Sleep early and wake up early. I have seen the days when I sleeep late I get very bad sleep.

• 7 months later...
On 12/25/2020 at 9:26 AM, Usha said:

So fst thinhg is fix your wake up and sleep time. Sleep early and wake up early. I have seen the days when I sleeep late I get very bad sleep.

How is your sleep quality now dear usha.

I was there,and healed completely.

South Indian diet helps inducing quality sleep.

Curd rice with bananas mixed.

Warm milk with haldi.

Buttermilk with raw onion and soft rice.

Yes,diet works,even at withdrawal.

I am the evident.

Cold turkeyed risperidone (1m.g)and trihexyphenidyl combination drug out of ignorance,In August 2016 after one month use.

Withdrawal symptoms settled at dreamful,disturbing sleep.

Thus introduced to olanzapine for sleep.Started using olanzapine out of ignorance.

Tapering olanzapine 10 m.g from February 2017.

May 2018 :Still suffering dreams,Still tapering olanzapine at 0.625.100ml water+2.5 mg olanzapine. June 2018 22.5ml=0.57mg.July 2018 20ml,August 2018-17.5ml,September 2018-15ml,October 2018 10 ml,December 2018 7 ml, BrassMonkey slide method so far at lower doses.2 nd December cold turkeyed , only to reach minure doses as reinstatement to cutshort endless tapering process.4rth December started 1ml.

Almost no symptoms and sleep is better,So started 0.5 ml from 17-12-2018.

"0"from31-12-18.Re birth happened from 10- 2020,as rejuvenation took whole2019.Completely recovered now.

@rupa Thanks for asking.

so my sleep depends on the ongoing stress in my life. like i m superstressed nowadays due to some personal issues so i m sleeping very badly. my subconscious mind remain active in the night and this is the main issue, i never feel refreshed in the morning.

• 1 month later...

@Usha I am very fortunate to find you. You can see my signature . I took so many ad for vivid dreams . Foolish me actually they were the ones which exacerated instead of healing . Please help me. 

I get extremely vivid dreams even If I take nap.

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

2018 december 2019 Jan-->(1 month) Amitriptyline 25--> cold turkey
--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------
2019 May--2019 May--> (12 days) Lexapro cold turkey

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

----2019 october ---> went cold turkey amitriptyline 25 mg.

2019 october--2020 Jan -->(3 months) duloxetine cymbalta 30mg --->cold turkey

2020 jan-2020 Apr--> (3 months) paroxetine 25 mg --> Cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 jan--2021 May--> (4 months) imipramine 75 mg -->cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream

• 5 months later...

@usha i browsed whole internet nothing helps. It is receptor problem.

Once they are restored , it is possible i guess and so for that we have to sleep well, i guess.

To cure this our generation is 200 years back 

I am very fortunate to find you. 

I went to doctor he just kept prescribing antidepressants, and sleeping pills and my condition is worst. I fell in rabbits hole again and again. Look at my signature, took 8 drugs, when i found this site i threw all medicines.

I am surprised in reddit so many people say they get vivid dreams , yet nobody is worried they might last indefinitely.

2017 october--2018 march->(6 month) fluoxetine 20,30 mg-->cold turkey= after 2 month semen leakage

2018 july---2018 Aug-->(24 days) fluoxetine 20 mg --> cold turkey = vivid dreams begin

2018 december 2019 Jan-->(1 month) Amitriptyline 25--> cold turkey
--------++++--horror of drugs begins. Taking one after another and cold turkey-------+++------------------
2019 May--2019 May--> (12 days) Lexapro cold turkey

2019 May--2019 august -->(3 month)Cobazam 10 mg +amitriptyline 25 mg --> clobazam cold turkey

----2019 october ---> went cold turkey amitriptyline 25 mg.

2019 october--2020 Jan -->(3 months) duloxetine cymbalta 30mg --->cold turkey

2020 jan-2020 Apr--> (3 months) paroxetine 25 mg --> Cold turkey

2020 July--2021 Jan--> (6 months) amitriptyline 50 mg ,75 mg,100 mg ,125 mg -> cold turkey

2021 jan--2021 May--> (4 months) imipramine 75 mg -->cold turkey

2021 may-2021 Aug--> (3 months) nortriptyline 25 mg --> cold turkey== still semen leakage and vivid dream