AloneLover: My story and experiences of drugs I will write briefly here

AloneLover

I think Prozac is fluoxetine, this drug is very dangerous My life turned into hell when I left it cold turkey ten years ago I have never felt relaxed since that time Ten years have passed and I still live in hell

Edited by ChessieCat
removed mod note

2011 - started Fluoxetine, followed by many other psychiatric drugs, including Sertraline, Praxotine, Olanzapine, Dulxionee, Mirtazapine, Inderal, Co Dipracap, Helin, Tenxiat

January 2021 - stopped all psychiatric drugs. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi. AloneLover.

Welcome to Surviving Antidepressants. 

Please let us know more about your psychiatric drug history. Have you taken any other psychiatric drugs in the past ten years since you came off Prozac? 

Please add a signature.  Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements in the last 12-24 months. Also include supplements. This will help us give you the most accurate advice we can. 

• Any drugs and supplements prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • This is a direct link to your signature:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Please continue to use this thread to ask questions and document your progress. 

i stuttered since childhood my mother told me that when I was a child I became very ill when I was taken to the doctor, the doctor diagnosed me with malaria and they prescribed me malaria medicine after that when I was two years old I got stuttered I was a smart child I always wondered why I could not speak properly when I was talking I noticed the reaction of others I knew I had a disability and could not speak properly like everyone else I always asked my parents why I could not speak correctly like my siblings They told me that when you grow up you can speak correctly my problems started when I entered school and entering the Society for the first time unfortunately my classmates always made fun of me Because I stuttered and could not speak properly The treatment of others created a deep fear in my mind I always thought that if I spoke somewhere everyone would laugh at me So I stayed away from the society and peoples I was suffering from this problem and I always thought nothing I can do I did not have a good future although I was talented person but I could not communicate verbally at school  I always chose the last seat so that no one would notice me and ask me questions because I could not speak properly I had a very close friend his name was Navid he was our neighbor he always invited me to his house we watched wildlife movies together he was my best and only friend I have loved animals since childhood I always drew pictures of lions my father was very interested in reading I also became interested in reading I had very few friends my only hobby was reading books and watching wildlife movies My father was a kind and good person But our family environment was very bad My parents were always arguing and fighting which each other Over time, my parents became very careless to me my two brothers and sister My parents behavior made me very sad and anxious I was the youngest in my family I had a lots of problems my self-confidence was completely lost it had a very bad effect on us we were not close to each other I was always away from my brothers and sister my only and best friend was Navid

later when I graduated from school Life became very difficult for me Social anxiety always bothered me I was always depressed and sad I wanted to find a solution to my problems I went to the doctor and told him about my problems The doctor prescribed me an antidepressant called fluoxetine I did not know anything about this drug The doctor did not inform me about the medicine and its side effects he just told me that I should take this medicine for a long time to get better I used the drug for five months I did not see any positive change I did not know anything about the drug and the withdrawals at that time I stopped taking the medicine But after that I got into a very terrible situation which is still going on my mind became blurred I lost my mental clarity Fear filled my whole being My life turned in to hell Ten years have passed but I have never feel better During these ten years doctors prescribed me different drugs But I never felt better I no longer found a way then I read about mental health problems on the Internet I found a group on Facebook called Anti Depressant withdrawal and met my best friend that ever I have she is very kind she helps me a lot and made me know about the harms of the drugs and Withdrawals I do not know how to thank her she saved me from death I thank her from the bottom of my heart I wish everyone here good health I hope one day we will all be completely healthy and live better I have forgotten the names of some of the medication which I used I have used many drugs I only remember the names of these it has been eleven months since I stopped taking the drugs 

Fluoxetine
Sertraline
Praxotine
Olanzapine
Dulxionee
Mirtazapine
Inderal
Co Dipracap
Helin
Tenxiat

I'm so happy for accepting me as a member of your forum Thank you so much for your help and support iam sorry for my miskes in writing I hope I have stated my goal correctly and you have understood

Edited by ChessieCat
removed bolding

2011 - started Fluoxetine, followed by many other psychiatric drugs, including Sertraline, Praxotine, Olanzapine, Dulxionee, Mirtazapine, Inderal, Co Dipracap, Helin, Tenxiat

Hi I do not know anything about my mental state, I do not know what happened to my mind and brain I have strange feelings and thoughts, no matter how hard I try to know what my thoughts are and what happened to my mind I can not recognize
I completely remember fluoxetine causing this condition When the doctor raised the dose to forty milligram and I stopped taking the drug cold turkey after that doctors prescribed different drugs for me but I never got better until today Ten years passed The year was 2011 close to winter but I forget the month i did not use any kind of supplement Sorry I'm not familiar with the website I'm trying very hard to answer your questions and do what you ask me thank you so much for your help and support I am very anxious, I do not remember what kind of medicine i used in which year I remember the names of some of the medicines which I  used

Fluoxetine 

Sertraline 

Indral 

Paraxitone 

Praxil 

Olanzapine 

Tenxiat 

Co depricap 

• Shep changed the title to AloneLover: My story and experiences of drugs I will write briefly here
  • Moderator Emeritus

@AloneLoverPlease note I've combined your two introduction topics.

Please continue using this thread. That way all of your information is in one place.

3 hours ago, AloneLover said:

I have forgotten the names of some of the medication which I used I have used many drugs I only remember the names of these it has been eleven months since I stopped taking the drugs 

4 hours ago, AloneLover said:

Ten years have passed but I have never feel better During these ten years doctors prescribed me different drugs

I placed a timeline of starting drugs ten years ago and stopping the drugs at January 2021 (eleven months ago) and the names of the drugs you remember taking into your signature. If you remember more information, feel free to update your signature with more information here - Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Since you've been off the drugs for 11 months, we do not recommend reinstating to help with withdrawal. However, you may find relief by taking fish oil and / or magnesiumWe don't recommend a lot of supplements, as many members report their nervous systems are simply too fragile to handle them. However, magnesium and fish oil tend to be calming to the nervous system and many people report they do help. Please only add in one supplement at a time and at a small dose. For more, please see:

King of supplements: Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

You may also find relief by using non-drug coping skills for your symptoms:

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Many people find gentle exercise, such as walking in nature, to be helpful during withdrawal and recovery. In time, your nervous system will settle down and these symptoms will slowly fade out. Here are a couple more links that help explain this experience:

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

How psychiatric drugs remodel your brain

Thank you so much Ok I'll reply here  I forgot Now I remember I used omega 3

for a short time but now I can not get it I will try to remember the names of the all drugs which I used during this ten years and write all the information there in my Signature account I have some questions  can i ask

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, AloneLover said:

Now I remember I used omega 3

for a short time but now I can not get it

Do you eat fish? If you eat fish a few times a week, that's a natural way of getting Omega 3. 

1 hour ago, AloneLover said:

I have some questions  can i ask

Yes, please post your questions here in this thread. 

It has been eleven months since I left the medication but the withdrawal symptoms have not disappeared Is it normal for withdrawal symptoms to last longer than 11 months? Iam trying to eat healthy food 

• Moderator Emeritus
32 minutes ago, AloneLover said:

Is it normal for withdrawal symptoms to last longer than 11 months?

It is not unusual.  There are many other SA members who have experienced withdrawal symptoms a long time after stopping their drug/s.

protracted-withdrawal-or-paws-post-acute-withdrawal-syndrome-how-long-does-it-last

Also see this topic:

are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

4 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

It is not unusual.  There are many other SA members who have experienced withdrawal symptoms a long time after stopping their drug/s.

protracted-withdrawal-or-paws-post-acute-withdrawal-syndrome-how-long-does-it-last

Also see this topic:

are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take

What is the maximum duration of withdrawal symptoms?

• Moderator Emeritus

Did you read the information in the links I provided?

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

I am currently reading the information and I have received answers to all the questions. Thank you

Unfortunately, stupid doctors have prescribed me different medicines. I have to wait for years to get better These are doctors (life savers) or killers I do not know how they live, do they not suffer from the torment of conscience How they sleep peacefully at nights They have turned the life of others into hell Or that they are not human they do not have human emotion

Hello alonelover, I was put on many medications at once before I stopped. The doctor who did it to me was only interested in money and the payouts he got from the pharma companies. They are either ignorant or don't care. How have you been doing? You said you quit 11 months ago, did you quit many at once? How are your symptoms? Did you taper? It sounds like you can still eat. That is very good. Sleep, eating well, and light exercise will help. Try to avoid stress as it can trigger symptoms. Also from what I hear avoid antibiotics if you can. And of course alcohol and smoking. Even after you're healed they can set you back. It's nice to met you.

Current: Bupropion 450mg, Neurontin 800mg, Klonopin 0.5mg

History:

July 2020: started Cogentin 1mg, Lamictal 50mg, Zoloft 150mg, Zyprexa 5mg (+5mg as needed), Klonopin 0.5mg

November 2020: stopped all meds cold-turkey

February 2021: started Latuda 60mg, Lithium 300mg, Melatonin 5mg, Protonix 40mg, Topamax 25mg

2 weeks later: stopped Topamax, increased Lithium 900mg, started Klonopin 1mg, Lexapro 20mg, Neurontin 400mg

April 2021: started Bupropion 150mg, Revia ?mg

May 2021: stopped ReviaProtonixLexaproincreased Neurontin 800mg, started Celexa 10mg

August 2021: decreased Celexa 5mg (stopped Celexa 2 weeks later), increased Bupropion 300mg

September 2021: increased Latuda 80mg

October 2021: decreased Lithium 600mg for 4 daysLithium 300mg for 4 daysstopped LithiumLatuda

increased Bupropion 450mg, started Remeron 15mg, decreased Remeron 7.5mg, stopped Remeron

Hello, they have prescribed different medicines for me too I was 18 years old when I first saw a doctor and he prescribed me medicine. I did not know about medicines and their harms Yes human life is not valuable to them They think only of making money I quit drugs arbitrarily many times during these ten years, I did not know about the withdrawal symptoms and the harm of the drugs I'm not addicted to anything A year ago, I used to smoke when I was very stressed But I have left it for a long time now  I'm very anxious It bothers me a lot I hope one day we will all be completely healthy nice to met you too thank you .

It has been eleven months since I quit all the medication but I have not felt any positive change is my mental state become like this Or it is the side effects of the medications? If I use medicine, there is no difference in my condition

Edited by ChessieCat
post moved from "how to write your success story" topic

• Moderator Emeritus
21 hours ago, AloneLover said:

It has been eleven months since I quit all the medication but I have not felt any positive change is my mental state become like this Or it is the side effects of the medications? If I use medicine, there is no difference in my condition

Many people have symptoms at 11 months. In fact, we discourage anyone from writing a success story until they are a year off their drugs because these symptoms tend to show up months after coming off. The windows and wave effect lingers on. But people do heal in time. 

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Success stories: Recovery from psychiatric drug withdrawal

You may find learning some non-drug coping skills to be helpful:

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Are weird feelings sign of withdrawls?when you do not know how to tell what is bothering me and what happen to my mind and brain ?

I remember exactly 10 years ago when I stopped taking the drug after three days I got these symptoms I never got better after that until today 

5 hours ago, AloneLover said:

Are weird feelings sign of withdrawls?when you do not know how to tell what is bothering me and what happen to my mind and brain ?

There are a few ways weird feelings manifest. I feel like I get that way. But if it’s a symptom or just a natural thing that happens because you’re body is under stress, I don’t know. But I believe I’ve seen it mentioned on at least one other post. But withdrawal does mess with how we perceive things. Some people feel sometimes is off around them and can’t pinpoint it for example. Even if nothing is.

History:

July 2020: started Cogentin 1mg, Lamictal 50mg, Zoloft 150mg, Zyprexa 5mg (+5mg as needed), Klonopin 0.5mg

February 2021: started Latuda 60mg, Lithium 300mg, Melatonin 5mg, Protonix 40mg, Topamax 25mg

2 weeks later: stopped Topamax, increased Lithium 900mg, started Klonopin 1mg, Lexapro 20mg, Neurontin 400mg

May 2021: stopped ReviaProtonixLexaproincreased Neurontin 800mg, started Celexa 10mg

August 2021: decreased Celexa 5mg (stopped Celexa 2 weeks later), increased Bupropion 300mg

October 2021: decreased Lithium 600mg for 4 daysLithium 300mg for 4 daysstopped LithiumLatuda

increased Bupropion 450mg, started Remeron 15mg, decreased Remeron 7.5mg, stopped Remeron

Is there is a cure for stuttering?

Edited by ChessieCat
unbolded text

• Administrator
On 12/19/2021 at 5:00 PM, AloneLover said:

It has been eleven months since I left the medication but the withdrawal symptoms have not disappeared Is it normal for withdrawal symptoms to last longer than 11 months? Iam trying to eat healthy food 

What are the most prominent symptoms you have that you associate with withdrawal?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus
16 hours ago, AloneLover said:

Is there is a cure for stuttering?

This is not something that SA can help you with because SA is a site for getting off psychiatric drugs.

Back in the 1980s I worked as an Administrative Assistant at a college where they trained speech therapists.

Speech therapists / pathologists are trained to help people who stutter so you might benefit from seeing one.  You might also find it helpful to join support groups, forums, Facebook groups for people with this condition.

You might also find it helpful to see a counsellor to teach you ways to reduce your anxiety and how to handle stressful situations, which if I remember rightly, can contribute to the stuttering.  If it was me, I would be asking the speech therapist about this and if there is one they can recommend.  That way they can work with you as a team.

I went to the doctor because of my stuttering He prescribed me  antidepressants but I did not feel any positive change now i have severe withdrawal Symptoms I do not have mental clarity, i do not have mental concentration iam very anxious if I got the opportunity I will definitely go to a therapist to cure my stuttering I can not go now because the conditions are not favorable

3 hours ago, AloneLover said:

I went to the doctor because of my stuttering He prescribed me  antidepressants but I did not feel any positive change now i have severe withdrawal Symptoms I do not have mental clarity, i do not have mental concentration iam very anxious if I got the opportunity I will definitely go to a therapist to cure my stuttering I can not go now because the conditions are not favorable

Man, I wish they sent me to therapy instead of loading me with pills. In my current state therapy is not something I can do. Not being able to think clearly or concentrate is unfortunately common in withdrawal. It sounds like brain fog is your worst symptom if I understand correctly. Do your symptoms fluctuate? 

History:

8 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

You might also find it helpful to see a counsellor to teach you ways to reduce your anxiety and how to handle stressful situations, which if I remember rightly, can contribute to the stuttering.  If it was me, I would be asking the speech therapist about this and if there is one they can recommend.  That way they can work with you as a team.

Hi @AloneLover I'm sorry to hear of your ordeals.

You may find this book helpful

I am not a health professional - your actions are your own.  

Please do not seek tapering support via private message - "Any reason to hold is a good one"

My taper visualised as a graph   |   My intro thread

Backdrop:  2003 10mg olanzapine | 2004 2-3mg risperidone | end 2014 3wks aripiprazole

2015: olanzapine  10 -> 7½ -> 6⅔ -> 5mg  by crude pill cutter

2018:  Mar 5.00mg -> water titrated taper -> Aug2.5mg tablet and hold

Jan 2019 2.50mg water titration -> Jan 2020 1.214  -> Jan 2021 0.44 -> 2 Oct 0.205 ->3 Oct ZERO🥂

Jun 2023 💉150mg paliperidone "loading" depot shot, 100mg 1wk after Jul 100mg Aug-Dec 75mg/4wks

Jul 2023 2.50mg aripiprazole/day attempt to lower prolactin^

Jan-Feb 2024 cross taper off shots to 1mg risperidone

Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country did to you"  -- KMFDM

I do not know how to tell you that I was talking to a therapist but the situation here is bad now I can not

I did not have depression. I went to the doctor to treat my stuttering. He prescribed me an antidepressant called fluoxetine. 

I used the medicine for five months I did not feel a positive change and my stuttering did not get better then I stopped taking the drug cold turkey I was in a terrible state I lost my mind and brain I was deeply confused that situation continues until now I did not know about the side effects of the drugs After that I went to the doctors and they prescribed different medicines for me but I never got well 10 years have passed It has been eleven months since i left the medicine but there has been no positive change in my mental state Please guide me I can no longer bear this hell am I getting better or am I like this forever? I can not stand this situation anymore I will suicide please guide me when the harms of the drugs will disappear I was not depressed I was prescribed antidepressants I just stuttered I read a lot on Google and they said that after a year the side effects of the drugs disappear to a great extent Why iam not getting better? I'm in a very bad situation please guide me I have no choice but to commit suicide I have lived like this for ten years I am very tired it is very difficult to bear this situation

One day at a time, one minute or one second at a time. People do recover, but it can take a very long time. Do what you can to calm yourself and accept what you’re feeling/thinking. I know it’s hard, just don’t give up. Take a walk, take a bath, call someone, occupy your mind and give it time.

Believer

1998-2015 Zoloft. 100mg

2015 Straight switch to Wellbutrin by GP who claimed Zoloft stopped working; I was experiencing occasional brain zaps. 3 months later Wellbutrin  XR. Highly activating. Lost ability to sleep. Seroquel x3 nights. Horrible reaction. Straight switch back to Zoloft, began taper. Found SA  after tapering 25 mgs a week to 25mgs and began experiencing W/D.

6/21/19 5.05 mg; 9/6/19 4.8 mg; 4/24/20 4.57 mg; 8/27/21 4.43 mg

9/20-9/25/21 xover to new RX from expired meds

10/22/21 4.13 mg; 11/26/21 3.93 mg; 4/15/22 3.74 mg; 6/3/22 3.54 mg; 8/5/22 3.38; 9/30/22 3.19; 11/18/22 3.03; 12/30/22 2.88; 2/17/23 2.74; 3/24/23 2.60; 5/12/23 2.47;  6/23/23 2.35; 8/11/23 2.24; 9/15/23 2.13; 10/20/23 2.02; 11/24/23 1.92; 1/12/24 1.83; 2/17/24 1.72; 3/23/24 1.64

Supplements: Natural Calm magnesium, Vitamin C Vitamin D during winter.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 12/25/2021 at 12:00 AM, AloneLover said:

I do not know how to tell you that I was talking to a therapist but the situation here is bad now I can not

There are videos on YouTube.  My first simple search brought up this video:

4 exercises to reduce stuttering at home

I did another search using the following more specific search term:  stuttering speech therapist exercises adults

This search term brought up what looks like a lot of really good videos.

2 hours ago, AloneLover said:

Why iam not getting better? I'm in a very bad situation please guide me I have no choice but to commit suicide I have lived like this for ten years I am very tired it is very difficult to bear this situation

Suicide will not bring relief. You have to be alive to feel relief. You won't even get to experience that you managed to run from your symptoms. To get through this treat your symptoms if you can. Then you can analyze how to move forward.  What are your symptoms? Let us help. We have all been through so many symptoms, a lot of them at once. There are things you can do to cope. And for some symptoms you can reduce the pain.

If you are having brain fog and can not think straight its good to ask on your page how to get through the things that are hurting you.

The reason it says people get better after a year is because they are just beginning to study withdrawal. The information that it only last a year is out dated. Some people do get better in short time. But for a lot of us it takes longer.
You made it ten years. What you are experiencing is battle fatigue. Don't give up now, you are just now beginning let your body heal.

You are not alone in suffering for a long time. Many of us had to wait a year or more after quitting before the symptoms improved. It does not mean they will not.

Keep posting. Keep asking questions. Tell us what symptoms are making this hard. 

History:

I do not feel everything real I do not know what my thoughts are What happened to me What do I want It bothers me a lot Iam in deep panic I can not control my anxiety I am very upset I do not have mental focus I do not have mental clarity my mind is severely damaged I'm afraid of everything

Unfortunately Iam living in very bad conditions I am alone Tell me clearly how long the withdrawal symptoms last If I find informations then I will find hope that one day I will be healed Then I can fight to some extent I know it's different for everyone Can withdrawal symptoms last for four or five years?

Thank you so much for your kindness and help

Hi Chessie Cat iam seeing the vedio it is very useful thank you 

I read an article that fluoxetine increases stuttering I was very annoyed Because of my this problem I did not want to stutter and be ridiculed It was not my fault I went to the doctor to solve my problem. He also prescribed me poison he gave me life in hell as a gift What kind of world is this I wish I was never been and I did not live among these wild animals

21 hours ago, AloneLover said:

I do not feel everything real I do not know what my thoughts are What happened to me What do I want It bothers me a lot Iam in deep panic I can not control my anxiety I am very upset I do not have mental focus I do not have mental clarity my mind is severely damaged I'm afraid of everything

From what you have described it looks as though you have derealization, which is when things around you don't feel real, something seems off about the world, some people have described it as walking in to the twilight zone. Normal people get this when under extreme stress. How ever it can be made worse by lack of sleep, anxiety, and stress. Your anxiety may be contributing to it. I would like you to know, even without anxiety it is a common symptom by itself in withdrawal. Some people say exercise, (a lot of people say swimming) can help symptoms but doesn't work for everyone.

You may have brain fog, where you can not think clearly and where you can not focus. Not a guarantee but fish oil may help with this.

Anxiety and panic. Panic is awful. If you wake up to it in the morning that is an easy trigger to identify. It means your cortical levels have risen like crazy. This can be triggered by light. If this is the case get black out curtains, a night mask or both. That should decrease the symptom. If you have panics in general try to remember your nervous system is creating this. This is not you. This is your body going through a physical reaction. When I am experiencing panic, I focus on something, and do not let my mind wonder (like a sock). Focusing on something can make it so there is no room for anything else. It is hard, but it can help. A lot of people have learned to float with it and let it pass. They will be like "ah, the panic is here, and lay down and wait of it to pass. 

For anxiety many people take magnesium as a supplement as it calms the body(It is very popular here). Epson salt baths are popular here because they can absorb magnesium through the skin, though at a much lesser rate. (roughly 5 cups of epson salt per bath, in water hot enough to dissolve them, stay in water 20-30 minutes) Epson salt can also relax muscles. Lessing your anxiety will help take stress off your other symptoms.

Fish oil helps symptoms in general. This is what is said about fish oil:

Fish oil capsules contain the omega-3 fatty acids called EPA and DHA. For nervous system support, take 2,000-3,000 mg EPA + DHA a day. You may need to look at the label and add up the amounts of EPA + DHA in a capsule. Usually, this amounts to 4-6 capsules of fish oil per day.

Do not take fish oil that does not specify how much EPA and DHA is in each capsule -- it's probably weak.

To help fish oil to work, take it with 400IU vitamin E per day. This helps metabolize the fish oil. Good types of vitamin E to take are d-alpha-tocopherol and natural mixed tocopherols. (Also see Vitamin E (tocopherol) )

Fish oil should be refrigerated. People who get "fish burps" say keeping the fish oil capsules in the freezer eliminates them.

Some people are hypersensitive to fish oil. Try one capsule a day for a few days to see how it affects you. If you feel okay, continue to take it and gradually increase the dosage.

Don't take fish oil if you're allergic to fish.

History: