UnusualRoom: Luvox withdrawal - writing with tears and desperation

UnusualRoom

• Administrator

Looking back through your topic, it appears you as miserable now from your drug-induced symptoms as you've always been.

You've just been in the hospital and discontinued a benzo you've been taking since 2018, more or less. Did they tell you when they cold-turkeyed you in the hospital that you might have subsequent withdrawal symptoms?

On 12/24/2021 at 7:06 AM, UnusualRoom said:

Hi Frogie,

Thank you responding so quickly. I was on Xanax in higher dosages in 2018 and I was able to find a knowledgable doctor to help me wean off using other benzos and eventually liquid methods. I was actually off of them at the end of summer in 2020. I started taking them again because of the severe panic and anxiety I was getting from SSRI withdrawal. I don't know if I regret this because it got...pretty bad. So now I just sort of take them whenever I feel bad in small doses, but lately, I feel like I don't like the way it makes me feel.....

On 12/28/2021 at 6:12 AM, UnusualRoom said:

My anxiety is so high, that I take Xanax whenever I need it. (e.g. when I feel a panic attack coming on.) I don't really have a schedule because I've heard a few different ideas in here so I was waiting to see if I could come up with a more concrete answer based on my logs....

Seems to me that it's just as likely you've had benzo withdrawal, interdose withdrawal,  rebound symptoms, or paradoxical reactions from the benzo all along, as it is any kind of antidepressant withdrawal syndrome.

There have been periods you've been on other drugs that don't appear in your signature, and occasional sips of alcohol.

On 12/28/2021 at 6:30 AM, UnusualRoom said:

I was told I had serotonin syndrome at the ER back in September, but I was on a lot more drugs at that time too. (Luvox, xanax, hydrocodone, maxalt).....

We've been working with you since late December, but you have not been able to get control of your drug use. You've been unable to stick to a schedule. You've made constant drug changes. We've told you about how constant drug changes cause problems. Then you go to the hospital, they provide their solution.

Now a doctor has you on a schedule, and it hasn't instantly gone right. Hang in there. You should be able to talk to your doctor in the morning. Please do not tag me, I'm not going to substitute for your doctor.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi UnusualRoom,

And thanks for answering my questions too, after my last reply.  Appreciate it.

I too, find it hard to work indirectly for Dr. Pundy, and try and help or support you while you are under their care.  It just gets confusing.  I mean I might offer some idea, and then you go and do something completely different with them, or vice versa. 

I do wish you well, and hope you can still use your thread to review some topics linked to, answers already given,........ or the site to find out more, just for your own empowerment, and further education too, when you start to have more good periods, or healing periods.  They will come sweetie, they will.  It just doesn't seem like you can work with us that well right now.

Very cool that a weighted blanket was suggested and then obtained.  I hope that eased your struggle a little bit even.  We often suggest the same.  And so......it sounds like your doctor is good in even suggesting non-drug things too!  That's great.  And is willing to let you partner some with drug changes too......at least that's what your first post back suggested.  All good.

Trust me.....we all are rooting for you, sending the healing vibes now, and hope it won't be too long until you are feeling less panicked.

Keep us updated, when you would like.  And I hope we could help even a little, along your journey now.  We're here.......somebodies always around........B)💜🐱

Best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• 1 month later...

HI UnusualRoom,  I used to live in Madison and I had good luck with staff at Psychiactric Services SC.   https://www.psychsvcs.com/category/treatment-type/psychiatry/medication-management/

They don't specialize particularly in tapering off med, but they did help me a lot with finding solutions at the time that I needed help. 

Zoloft 50 mg since 2019.   
2024. January. 33.75 February. 33.75 March 32.5 April 30.0

2023. January 33.75 mg  February 32.5 mg March 30.0 mg April 27.5 mg June 50 mg August 40 mg September-December 37.5 mg December 33.75 mg 

2022. January 50mg February 45 mg March 40.5 April-November 37.5  December 33.75 mg

Prior to discontinuation:  20 years of a variety of antidepressants & anti-anxiety meds from months to  years at a time (fluoxetine, nefazodone, venlafaxine, clonazepam, hydroxyzine).  I was unknowingly experiencing discontinuation and was frequently diagnosed with anxiety/exacerbations of previous illness as opposed to discontinuation. 

Supplements: Fish oil, Vitamin D3, magnesium,  B complex, l-theanine