Yvonne: Vibration and smell sensitivity, white noise

Yvonne

I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced a vibration sensitivity after they went off or went back on Prozac?  Anything that vibrates (driving, a train going by, the refrigerator motor, Heater going on and off, washing machine) I feel the vibrations very strong and they are going through my whole body.  I feel best at night when I am laying down and everything is quiet.  I also have plugged up ears, I hear buzzing and white noise.  I also feel the vibrations in my ears.   I've gone to an ENT and neurologist, etc. and they cannot find anything.  Also, I have a high sensitivity to all smells.   I cannot tolerate any chemical smells and natural smells are extremely strong and can be unbearable. 

I was on 20 mg of Prozac and 300 mg of Wellbutrin and stopped cold turkey.  After 6 months (only symptom was very extremely emotional and could not control it), went back on 10-20 mg. of Prozac only and that's when the vibration issues started.    I also tried CBD tincture and it made the vibrations much worse.  Don't know if I should try to taper off the Prozac or try another medication.  My doctor added Buspar 4 weeks ago and it doesnt seem to help but I feel more tired during the day. 

I have to maintain a full-time job but it is getting harder to do so.  Any insight would be appreciated.

Edited by ChessieCat
added spacing
  • ChessieCat changed the title to Yvonne: Vibration and smell sensitivity, white noise

@Yvonne

Welcome to SA. We are a volunteer run site with members that have tapered off medications or are tapering off medications.

This is your introduction page where you will receive information, ask questions and meet other members as yourself. We ask that you only have one page so we can keep all your information in one place.

First, could you please create a signature. That would be great.

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

After you stabilize on your medications and are feeling better, then I would recommend a very slow taper. And since you have been through a lot in a short time, I would not try to taper off anything at this point.

I will be happy to give you some information to read in the meantime.

Tips for tapering off buproprion (Wellbutrin, SR, XR, XL)

Tips for tapering off buspirone (Buspar)

Before you begin tapering what you need to know

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

Brain Remodelling

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

I did find an article on vibrations that you may find helpful to read.

At this time, I don't think I would recommend changing anything, as I said above.  You have started and stopped so may different drugs in a short amount of time that your CNS is destabilized and needs time to heal. 

We don't suggest supplements on here except two. if you would like to try one, please try and small amount. wait a few days, and then introduce the other.

Magnesium

Omega-3 Fish Oil

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us and we can try to answer any questions you may have. I'm glad you found us.

Edited by Frogie

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.