RJS7869: Withdrawal Symptoms advise - paroxetine / Paxil / Pari CR

RJS7869

Hello everyone,

I am from India 28-YO Male.

I was prescribed Paroxetine (sold in India by the name of Pari CR) in Mar 2021 after developing debilitating health anxiety thanks to post covid complications (Dec 2020 - blurred vision, weakness, head issues)

I started Paroxetine on a dose of 12.5mg under my GP's supervision and went up to 25mg. This is when my GP and i decided to taper off slowly over a period of 5 months.

First month : 25mg

Second month : 18.5mg

Third month : 12.5mg

Fourth month : 6.25mg

Fifth month : 6.25mg/every alternate day

During this time i did not face any withdrawal symptoms

Just two occasions of tension headaches in a span of 4 months.

In Jan 2022 i went off the meds ahead of the schedule (Feb / mar 2022)

15 days later i had tension headaches for 10 days which really impacted and i had to take leave and they they disappeared.

I thought i was good. But in March 2nd week,

I got an acids reflux issue followed by tension headaches, weakness, dizziness , extreme hunger and this issues are still prevalent right now.

And i am sure this is the second wave of my withdrawal symptoms .

Does anyone has any advise on mitigating these symptoms?

Currently I am not on any other meds 

And things i do to help :

1. Walk to get my heart rate up 

2. Laugh and laugh more 

3. Meditation

4. Sports on Saturday (badminton) if my body allows.

• ChessieCat changed the title to RJS7869: Withdrawal Symptoms advise - paroxetine / Paxil / Pari CR

@RJS7869

Welcome to SA. We are a volunteer run site with members such as yourself tapering off or have tapered off antipsychotics and are healing.

This is your introduction page where you will receive information, ask questions and meet other members such as yourself to give and receive support from them as well. We ask that each member only have one introduction page so we can keep all your information in one place.

First, can you please create a signature. Thank you very much.

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

Unfortunately, dr's don't know how to taper off of these medications and you end up going way too fast. That is what has happened to you.

Tips for tapering off paroxetine (Paxil, Seroxat)

What is withdrawal syndrome?

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's WD Symptoms Checklist

Brain Remodelling

Digestive problems:  Nausea, Diarrhoea, Bloating, GERD

At this point, you could try a reinstatement of 1 mg, hold for 7-10 days as that is how long it takes the body to register the reinstatement and you could always updose a little if needed.

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

The slowness of slow tapers

We don't suggest a lot of supplements on here as members CNS (central nervous system) is very desenitized at this point. We do, however, suggest 2. If you want to try one, try a small amount, wait a few days before introducing the other.

Magnesium

Omega-3 Fish Oil

After you read the links provided, please reach out to us with any questions you may have. 

Edited by Frogie

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.