Hippyum: two months of Trintellix after 30 years on various AD

Hippyum

It's getting worse. Newest symptom is diarrhea, no appetite, and unable to eat. I ate some crackers last night after only boullion for a few days. Had severe stomach cramps and finally vomiting. Is this another Ad withdrawal symptom? I didn't taper properly. My insurance quit covering the drug. Med professional put me on buspar which made symptoms worse. Is this ever going to get better? 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Hippyum: two months of Trintellix after 30 years on various AD

@Hippyum

Welcome to SA. We are a volunteer ran site helping members taper off antidepressants, or those that have tapered off and are healing.

This is your introduction page where you will receive information, ask questions and meet other members. We ask that each member only have one introduction page so we can keep all your information in one place.

Can you please create a signature. Thank you.

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

You only took Trintellix for 2 months, then insurance stopped paying? Is that correct? Did you have symptoms while on it, or did you do ok? You don't want to cold-turkey off any of these medications. 

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

As stated above, your insurance stopped covering it. I googled Trintellix and found that there are a number of ways to obtain it. Even the manfacturer has a contact number to obtain it. You will of course need a prescription from the dr. You may even be able to have the dr file a claim with insurance asking them to make special acccommodations for you to reinstate this medicaiton. There are a number of coupons online also to have the cost reduced.

What is withdrawal syndrome?

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

Dr. Joseph Glenmullen's withdrawal symptom checklist

Digestive problems:  Nausea, Diarrhoea, Bloating, GERD

At this point I would talk with your dr about obtaining a prescription for this and reinstating a small amount to hopefully help with the wd symptoms.

If you have any questions after reading the links, please reach out to us. I hope I have helped some. 

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.