Annaaa: One dose 10mg Lexapro

Annaaa

@Atnyxoxo thank you ❤️ I’m trying my hardest to stay positive 

@Altostrata thank you I will . ❤️ today I fell down really hard and the pain affect wasn’t there I just saw my leg was bleeding with no pain … (has this symptom happen to anybody else we’re they have no pain sensation through whole body) 

sorry for my English if I don’t make sense sometimes I’m Hispanic… 

December 27, 22’ Lexapro 10mg (only took one dose and immediately stopped) 

(Taking magnesium before bed 11 PM)

Look to the LORD, and his strength; seek his face always 🙏❤️

I really feel that im suffering from Pssd… 

@AnnaaaDo you also suffer from genital anesthesia? 

Januar 2020- one week mirtazapine

June 2020- 3 pills of Fluoxetine

April 2021- July 2021 Zoloft (50mg) - I developed a mild form of pssd
Oktober 2021-February 2022 St. Johns Wort (900mg) - Sexual Dysfunction got gradually worse
April 2022 - 2 weeks Wellbutrin (150mg)

April 2022- July 2022 From time to time Promethazin and Tavor
Now I have full blown pssd (emotional anaesthesia and severe pssd)

@Mango123 yes i do , i have skin numbness everywhere on my body .. TMI but before the pill my sexual life was awesome now I have no desire what do ever. 

I have a question , I took the pill December 27th it takes two days to completely enter your system and 6 days to leave your system . Would withdrawal start counting after the pill left your system ? Or since I only took one and I had a reaction to it since day would it count from day one ? 
idk if my question makes sense .. (If anybody could help me answer this please) 

• Administrator

As explained earlier, you do not have withdrawal syndrome. You cannot get withdrawal symptoms from one dose. You have post-discontinuation effects from an adverse reaction that look like withdrawal symptoms, but are not withdrawal symptoms.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

@Altostrata Is it harder for your brain to heal from post-discontinuation? 
Can symptoms worsen ? I was doing great on sleeping and eating but I’m back on day one again. Friday will be 6 weeks .. 

• Administrator

THIS WAS 4 DAYS AGO

On 2/4/2023 at 6:36 AM, Annaaa said:

@Altostrata i have noticed that I been sleeping more this week and eating more and I have been a little better emotional trying to convince my self that this will pass soon. Other then that other symptoms come and go. 

sorry getofflex i did not pay attention to that won’t tag you again sorry . 

On 2/4/2023 at 6:47 PM, Altostrata said:

We expect post-discontinuation symptoms to come and go. Please read this carefully 

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Are We There Yet? How Long is Withdrawal Going to Take?

"Is it always going to be like this?"

If you've improved a little bit, that's a good sign. Recovery is so gradual, you may not notice it until you look back a few weeks and see you're doing better.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

@Altostrata yes this pass two days I haven’t slept and ate and I’m really scared I’ma get worse . Sorry I keep repeating myself I have read so many negative things on another website… and my skin numbness can’t get any worse I can’t feel nothing from my head to toes… 

Today I noticed that it’s harder for me to take a deep breath or to catch my breath . Is this related to what I’m going through I been having it all day . 

How does anybody live like this it’s only been 7 weeks and my heart can’t take it anymore .. my emotions are gone , I miss my kids loving them I miss the old me . How can a pill do such harm … my brain feels damaged …  I’m trapped in a body that doesn’t belong to me. 

• Mentor

Hi @Annaaa

Sorry to hear you are in such distress. Hope better days are ahead for you. The good thing is you only took one pill, one time. 

On 2/9/2023 at 4:13 AM, Annaaa said:

I have read so many negative things on another website

If I were you I would most definitely not read those negative things. This kind of reading does nothing but put fear in our minds which can spiral into our beliefs that something is wrong or might happen. You need to feed your mind with positivity and know you are not harmed from taking one dose. Our minds are powerful, and you have the choice to switch your belief.

I know it can be hard and I am truly sorry that you have to suffer, but you need to make a conscious effort to believe and have faith in that you are, and will be ok.

You might not be able to go backwards and change the past, but you can always create a brighter future by moving forward. Treat yourself with kindness and be gentle to yourself. Have faith, tell yourself you are and will be ok even though you can’t see or feel it yet.

Best wishes sent your way 🙏

Edited by Hanna72

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

Bridged with Fluoxetine to help me get off Paxil.

2022 Fluoxetine 15 mg 12/12 14mg 27/12  13mg jan 12mg feb 11mg mars 10mg, 9 mg 8,5 mg 7.6mg 7.0 mg 6,3 mg 5,6 mg 5,0 mg 4,5 mg 4,0 mg 3.6mg 3,2 mg 2,9 mg 2,6 mg 2,3 mg 2,0 mg 1.8 mg

I am not a medical professional nor is this a medical advice. I only talk from my own experience.

@Hanna72 thank you so much for your encouraging words ❤️ I’m trying to keep my faith and keep going for my kids. I just fall under a dark hole sometimes , because I seem to get more symptoms & I feel like this will never end . But I’m trying to say in my head (it gets worse before it gets better).

On 2/3/2023 at 9:50 AM, Annaaa said:

Last night I did a list on what happened the first day I took the pill (Lexapro 10mg) and what’s been going on since then today marks 5 weeks. 

Dec 27th Burning skin (boiling water sensation) , Emotions went completely numb( I could feel my heart racing but no fear or scared), my vision was off almost like being drunk or high, body numbness completely (no pain sensation, couldn’t even feel my heart beating) couldn’t sleep the whole night

Symptoms:

Emotional blunted 

Muscle twitches 

Throat lump 

Limb numbness whole body (no pain sensation, weird temperature sensation, tingly) 

No sweating 

Loss of appetite (no hunger cues)

No tiredness cue 

Going crazy ( scary thoughts)

Taste loss 

Insomnia 

Crying spells 

No libido 

no thirst cue 

Private parts numbness

Diarrhea 

stomach growling 24/7 

Body shaking

Nightmares (vivid dreams)

Derealization

Blurry vision 

Dizziness

Brain fog

Neck muscle spams 

Dry mouth 

Trouble swallowing

Dry nose 

Dry eyes 

Jaw clenching 

High blood pressure 

No more phobia to things I used to be scared too

hey I just wanted to let you know April 26th 2022 I took one dose of citaoplram (the generic celexa) at night time & had an adverse reaction the next day that afternoon. I never took another pill. I had/ have a lot the symptoms you listed above.

I have intrusive thoughts

my digestive system is a complete mess

i have moments of anxiety / depression 

blurry vision

fatigue

bladder issues

etc 

you’re not alone 

April 2022- Only 1 celxa pill 10mg

had an adverse reaction & never took anymore again 

@peaceandlove thanks for reaching out and letting me know I am not alone , it’s hard when your family thinks it’s all in your head , at least my husband has been very supportive.. 

may i ask have you seen improvement on your symptoms? 

3 minutes ago, Annaaa said:

@peaceandlove thanks for reaching out and letting me know I am not alone , it’s hard when your family thinks it’s all in your head , at least my husband has been very supportive.. 

may i ask have you seen improvement on your symptoms? 

Honestly I’ve realized everyone’s going to look at you crazy when you tell them what happened to you because it’s hard to believe all this happened from one pill. I don’t even like telling doctors cause they immediately think you need therapy or something. Which is sad you would think doctors would be more aware of adverse reactions. 

I have improved yes but I’m still not recovered at all 

@peaceandlove i have a appointment on March with neurologist , I already had one before they didn’t find anything but they scheduled me again and I feel like they think my symptoms are fake , one neurologist even said your suffering from anxiety , I felt so disappointed.. I never mentioned the pill though because at that time I never thought it was from the pill..

& that’s what I’m scared of not recovering soon, because I have two kids that need me and I wanted to be there but I can’t all the time .. 

1 hour ago, Annaaa said:

@peaceandlove i have a appointment on March with neurologist , I already had one before they didn’t find anything but they scheduled me again and I feel like they think my symptoms are fake , one neurologist even said your suffering from anxiety , I felt so disappointed.. I never mentioned the pill though because at that time I never thought it was from the pill..

& that’s what I’m scared of not recovering soon, because I have two kids that need me and I wanted to be there but I can’t all the time .. 

Please let us know what the neurologist says & I think you should definitely let them know all these symptoms started after the pill. I would even print articles if possible. My other adverse reaction friend saw a neurologist & they told her it’s pretty much a brain injury and to expect 2 years to heal. 

im sorry I know how difficult it must be with your children. But things will get better. I don’t have any kids but I’m in my late 20’s and I definitely feel like I’m missing out with my friends, my career and finding my other half. I can’t date anyone like this. I feel your pain. 

@peaceandlove I will mentioned it to the neurologist I just don’t want them to look at me crazy , as I have read other stories and experiences but hopefully by March I’m feeling better I go to sleep everyday hoping one day I wake up back to normal. 
Yes this is very difficult but we will get out of this hole one day , some days emotional are easy other days are a living hell , but I’m a believer in God and I know God will heal all of us from this prayers and wishes to you ❤️🩹🙏 and I hope your recovery comes soon ! 

12 minutes ago, Annaaa said:

@peaceandlove I will mentioned it to the neurologist I just don’t want them to look at me crazy , as I have read other stories and experiences but hopefully by March I’m feeling better I go to sleep everyday hoping one day I wake up back to normal. 
Yes this is very difficult but we will get out of this hole one day , some days emotional are easy other days are a living hell , but I’m a believer in God and I know God will heal all of us from this prayers and wishes to you ❤️🩹🙏 and I hope your recovery comes soon ! 

I understand. Yeah just don’t your hopes to high, don’t get discouraged if the doctor is not helpful. I have yet to find one who was. If it wasn’t for this website/ YouTube I would think I was going crazy and feel so alone. 

that video always helps me when I’m feeling down ^

thank you. Yes I try to pray about it every time I get the chance. I hope the same for you. 🙏🏼 Talk to you later. You can message me anytime. We’ll keep in touch 

Im going through the same after taking just 7 pills of bupropion. Did you happen to have Covid around the time you took the medication? I had covid before my adverse reaction and I wonder if it contributed.

Jan 2022 - Bupropion 150mg XL - adverse reaction after 7 pills.

@BupropionAdverseReaction so mine happened on 12/27/2022 ..before I took the pill I remember I went to a funeral (12/16/22) and I had also attended a ceremony (12/18/22) and there was a lot of people , now that I think about it the first time I got COVID my nervous system was affected because I was having anxiety and panic attacks from it , after that I never had them and then again after attending those places maybe 2 days after I started having anxiety and panic attacks and couldn’t eat anything but I didn’t test for COVID but now I wonder if maybe I had COVID and I thought I was just suffering from my friends funeral… but yes I took the pill and had a adverse reaction (a hour later from taking the pill my emotions went numb and my body was burning) and then days later all my other symptoms have been happening …  so idk maybe it could be COVID related or not I wouldn’t know though since I didn’t test for it , but it could be.. 

@peaceandlove thank you ❤️ 

I am suffering from a problem that happened I believe from an antidepressant.  I never liked taking any medications.  But I suffered from anxiety and panic attacks when I was under stress.

I was in family court for 11 years.  I would take a half a .25 mg of Xanax only when I would go to court.

In 2020 I lost my job,  I was having financial problems and was extremely stressed out.  I took .25 mg of Xanax 2 times a day.

My regular doctor said take Lexapro instead it’s less additive. I gave in and took it.  I Had a very weird reaction.  I  Was more anxious and out of it .  My friend took me to the hospital where they admitted me. 

They stopped the Lexapro and gave me attivan.  Said it was like Xanax 

I took that for the 5 days, I was in the hospital and then after getting released I stopped everything.

I relapsed and ended up back in the hospital.  This time I was given Zoloft  I actually passed out for the entire day.  The doctors said it must have been too strong so they waited about 2 days and started me on  Citalopram.  I was on that for about 5 days and was having horrible headaches, body shakes And  insomnia.

I stupidly stopped all  medications  when I got home. 

I had almost a buzzing and zap in my head and then the headache stopped.

But I came to realize that I suffered from some kind of damage to my nerves/ brain.

*My emotions are gone.  I can not cry or laugh.  

*I can no longer feel any kind of pain of any kind.  You can burn myself and not feel it.  My dog scratched my leg and I felt nothing. 

*no gag/ cough reflex,  

*no blink reflex,  

*no hunger or thirst.  *

*I can’t feel hot or cold.  

*My heart rate jumps around and so does my blood pressure. 

I can still think and communicate, I am writing this message. But my memory is horrible.

I am 52 years old.  Up until Sept 8 2020,  I was a healthy lady who got anxiety and stress  from time to time. 

I am pretty sure the starting and stopping of the antidepressants caused this.

Annaaa I have been on so many fb groups searching for someone with Similar symptoms and a friend of mine told me about you. 

please feel free to

[send personal message on this site]

so we can chat if you Would like 

Edited by Altostrata
removed personal information

Use to take Xanax half .25 for stress And anxiety as needed 

In 2020 started  Lexapro  .10 mg for 3 days.  Hospital gave me Attivan .50 mg 

Then relapsed they gave me Zoloft .50mg for one day passed out  3 days later given Celexa  had crazy side effects back to hospital put me on Mertazipine 

Hey @Annaaa, how are you doing? Are things improving ? Do you feel more emotions since we spoke the last time?

Januar 2020- one week mirtazapine

June 2020- 3 pills of Fluoxetine

April 2021- July 2021 Zoloft (50mg) - I developed a mild form of pssd
Oktober 2021-February 2022 St. Johns Wort (900mg) - Sexual Dysfunction got gradually worse
April 2022 - 2 weeks Wellbutrin (150mg)

April 2022- July 2022 From time to time Promethazin and Tavor
Now I have full blown pssd (emotional anaesthesia and severe pssd)

@Mango123 

Here’s a little update , I still have a lot of symptoms but some have improved , I no longer feel 

-Lump on throat

-crying spells 

-neck muscle spasm

-body shaking

-diarrhea 

-high blood pressure 

-I am now able to tell when I’m hungry .

But other then that the rest stays about the same , still skin muted no sensation , I’m not sure if I’m improving a little bit but I don’t wanna speak to soon as last time I thought the same and I went back to baseline… 

My emotions are about the same as last time I’m able to laugh sometimes , cry , and feel frustrated. But i still can’t feel angered, stressed, scared… ect.

I been able to work and drive now. I can do a little more activities , last weekend was the first weekend I was able to go out with my family.. 

so I might be improving little by little ( I really hope so)…. 

A little not too good update

Two days ago I was so positive on thinking I was recovering at least a little bit.. but everything is back to the beginning.. maybe a little worse . Body numbness is worse especially on my clitoris (TMI)… yesterday and today have been really hard to get up from bed. I been having pressure on my eyes and head (light makes it worse) My left eye is swollen from my eyelid I’m not sure if all this is related though….  My ears have a ringing sound and pressure too it… Last weekend I was willing to do more things with my kids and husband but this weekend doesn’t seem to be it… maybe I’m just experiencing windows and waves but I just would really hope my symptoms got better and better… this is really frustrating ..especially not feeling my body or sensations… and not feeling every emotion like before… maybe my body is getting used to staying like this 😞 I do have a appointment on Monday with the obgyn and Wednesday with the neurologist (I will mention this to them and see what they say… just really hoping they don’t dismiss me with being crazy or just anxiety…) I’m on week 9 I know it hasn’t been long like others experiencing this , but too me it feels like forever…. (Especially because I struggle with stuff that used to be so simple , have no motivation.. it sucks because I can’t even act how I used to all silly , funny, loving with my kids and husband)…

Annaaa,

I know how you feel:(. My daughter who is 16 wants her fun Mom back!! She told me to stop being lazy and nothing is wrong with me to just get better. 
Try explaining this, I was in a car accident and fractured my pelvis in 2 spots. I Had pain, but now I feel nothing again.  It’s Crazy.  Do the gag toothbrush test. See if you have that sensation.

Also if you see the neurologist ask them about the Nerve Conduction Velocity test.

it may show something.

I am so sorry you are going through this. 
It’s horrible I know I live it and have been 2 1/2 years !!  

Then relapsed they gave me Zoloft .50mg for one day passed out  3 days later given Celexa  had crazy side effects back to hospital put me on Mertazipine 

Update from my Appointment with the obgyn everything looked awesome from their part , I had a ultrasound , ect. (No sensation what so ever when getting all the test done)…..

head pressure still there (new symptom) it’s another of the worse symptoms that I have gotten . 
I’ll updated on Wednesday about my appointment with the neurologist (I doubt they find anything though) 

i just want all this suffering to end … I’m keeping hope still even if it gets worse . 🙏

I am so sorry.  I was having problems with retaining urine out of no where after all my issues started. I was referred to a urologist.

I had a catheter inside my bladder and felt nothing.  How is this even possible.

I also had a female exam like you and she did a pap felt nothing.  
It’s crazy! 

Hi 

how are you feeling today?  I just joined a site on face book called 

Neurotoxicity (Toxic

Encephalopathy) education 

There is so many people suffering :(

@Kristyb1130 same as yesterday.  How are you doing ?

and yes that’s sad alot of us are suffering but we will heal remember it takes time . 

I’m 2 1/2 years with this. I am still searching for help.  So please keep me posted if you get any information at your neurologist.

Can you feel your eyes? I just touched my eyes and couldn’t feel them. 

@Kristyb1130 you will heal , we got this (one day all this will stay in the past)❤️🩹🙏

And if you mean like your eyelids , no I’m literally numb from my scalp to toe so I have almost no sensation on my body…  I think that’s what frustrates me the most.. but i seen successful stories and it’s keeping me from thinking negative and been a bit positive… 

Hey how are you doing :) What did your neurologist say ?