pwanzo: Pristiq and lexapro withdrawal

pwanzo

• Administrator

Is the the dissociation better or worse after you take your daily Effexor dose?

The headache occurs at the same time every evening?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

My dissociation is worse during the day from like 2pm until I fall asleep.  However these last few days it’s been constant all day from when I wake up until I go bed.   My headaches come and go all different times through out the day.  However they have been improving after Botox.  

April 2021 lexapro 15mg

April 2023 pristiq 25 mg 

I stopped taking lexapro because I began having panic attacks while on it still.  so my dr switched me to Zoloft.  Was on that for a few weeks along with buspar 15mg 3 x a day and ended up at the hospital for 8 days from sever panic and horrible migraines.  They put me back on lexapro and i was still struggling.  My provider wanted to switch the class entirely due to the situation I was in.  So she moved me to pristiq and took me off the buspar because of severe brain fog.  After coming off buspar I began to feel good again and was just soo sick and tired of all of the different meds being thrown at me I just wanted off of everything because I didn’t know what was causing what.  

End of May beginning of june 2023 took pristiq 25 mg every other day for a week then stopped.  Med free since June 5th.  

Off pristiq 5 weeks was having horrible depression nausea, and brain zaps.  Reinstated Effexor XR 7/7/23 10 beads out of 37.5 capsule

• Administrator

And your daily Effexor dose is when?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

4:30pm 12 beads 

April 2021 lexapro 15mg

April 2023 pristiq 25 mg 

I stopped taking lexapro because I began having panic attacks while on it still.  so my dr switched me to Zoloft.  Was on that for a few weeks along with buspar 15mg 3 x a day and ended up at the hospital for 8 days from sever panic and horrible migraines.  They put me back on lexapro and i was still struggling.  My provider wanted to switch the class entirely due to the situation I was in.  So she moved me to pristiq and took me off the buspar because of severe brain fog.  After coming off buspar I began to feel good again and was just soo sick and tired of all of the different meds being thrown at me I just wanted off of everything because I didn’t know what was causing what.  

End of May beginning of june 2023 took pristiq 25 mg every other day for a week then stopped.  Med free since June 5th.  

Off pristiq 5 weeks was having horrible depression nausea, and brain zaps.  Reinstated Effexor XR 7/7/23 10 beads out of 37.5 capsule

• Administrator
On 8/6/2023 at 6:38 PM, pwanzo said:

My dissociation is worse during the day from like 2pm until I fall asleep.

Please describe the dissociation.

How do you feel now compared to how you felt in June?

Most has improved since June but mentally I feel like I’m high on a street drug or something which makes anxiety worse.   Also started grinding my teeth which makes me have to think it is the Effexor that is causing this feeling.  

April 2021 lexapro 15mg

April 2023 pristiq 25 mg 

• Administrator

Nobody seems to like withdrawal syndrome. 

Jaw tension and bruxism is common in withdrawal syndrome. See 

Interesting. So then  What about the feeling of being on a street drug when I’m not?.   This all started like 4 days ago and hasn’t let up.  Been on the Effexor low dose now for over a month.  Very Similar feeling experience when i was given nortriptyline for my migraines a few years ago and had to stop because of how it made me feel.  

April 2021 lexapro 15mg

April 2023 pristiq 25 mg 

• Administrator

I have no idea what you mean. Can you better describe how you feel?

• 6 months later...

@pwanzo checking to see how you are doing?

20 yr+ Paroxetine/ Dec2018-May 2022 20 mg/ May 2022 30mg/2022.07.28-2022.08.24 30mg to 0mg/ August 24-29 2022 10mg Prozac/2022.11.28-2022.12.04- 5mg Paroxetine/Dec 5&6/22 10mg Paroxetine/ Dec 8&9/22 10mg Prozac/ 2022.12.07 to 2023.07.01 5mg Paroxetine

TAPER 23.07.02-58mgpw/4.9mgai/ 23.07.21-4.8 mg/23.07.28-4.73 mg/23.08.04-4.65 mg/21.09.23-4.58 mg/27.10.23-4.56 mg/5.12.23-4.54 mg/2.1.24-4.52 mg/9.1.24-4.51 mg/17.1.24-4.49 mg/26.1.24-4.47 mg/6.2.24-4.46 mg/19.2.24-4.44mg /4.4.24-4.43mg

8am-probiotics/9am-paroxetine, 200mg mag bisglycinate/ 1000mg Vitamin D/noon-1000 mg algae oil (500mg DHA/10mg EPA/620mg Omega 3)/5pm-75 mg DGL/200mg calcium citrate/8pm-.25 mg melatonin

"... your strength will be in keeping calm..."-Isaiah 30:15

I am not a medical professional just your peer. The suggestions I give are based on personal experience and/or the well documented experience of others.