Chris123: Sertraline 100 mg for 6 month stopped over 2 years ago and still stiff and hands and stiff jaw and throat to the point it effect’s speech

Chris123

Hi, I just signed up today. Started taking sertraline February 2021. Was initially on 50g and after a few weeks put up to 100 mg. Developed stiff hands, jaw and throat to point it affects speech when really tight. Also memory loss etc but not what is bothering me as much as the physical symptoms. Severe bruxism even with mouth guard. Stopped taking abruptly after 6 months as wanted to see if jaw and hand problem went away. It’s been over two years and still no different. Has anyone experienced similar. Thanks 

Started Sertraline 100 mg February 2021 

stopped cold turkey august 2021

Hi, I just signed up today. Started taking sertraline February 2021. Was initially on 50g and after a few weeks put up to 100 mg. Developed stiff hands, jaw and throat to point it affects speech when really tight. Also memory loss etc but not what is bothering me as much as the physical symptoms. Severe bruxism even with mouth guard. Stopped taking abruptly after 6 months as wanted to see if jaw and hand problem went away. It’s been over two years and still no different. Has anyone experienced similar. Thanks 

Hi, I just signed up today. Started taking sertraline February 2021. Was initially on 50mg and after a few weeks put up to 100 mg. Developed stiff hands, jaw and throat to point it affects speech when really tight. Also memory loss etc but not what is bothering me as much as the physical symptoms. Severe bruxism even with mouth guard. Stopped taking abruptly after 6 months as wanted to see if jaw and hand problem went away. It’s been over two years and still no different. Has anyone experienced similar. Thanks 

• getofflex changed the title to Chris123: Sertraline 100 mg for 6 month stopped over 2 years ago and still stiff and hands and stiff jaw and throat to the point it effect’s speech
  • Administrator

Welcome @Chris123

So the moderators can best help you, please complete your drug signature by following these instructions. Adding a signature ensures your drug history appears at the bottom of every post, making it more efficient for those trying to assist. 

Stopping 100mg Sertraline CT is not the approach recommended here. For anyone else reading this post, the approach used here is: Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

When you stop CT, you are likely to experience WD symptoms: Daily Checklist of Antidepressant Withdrawal Symptoms (PDF) 

You can also develop side effects when taking the AD, and it sounds like you experienced this. As I've gradually reduced my dose, the side effects that I had noticed have significantly improved and, in some cases, stopped.

Time and patience are required in this process. Windows and waves pattern of stabilization

If you have a read of some of the success stories, you will read accounts of others who have fully recovered from Sertraline.

This is your own Introduction topic.  Each member has only ONE Introduction topic.  Your own Introduction topic is the best place to ask questions and the place to journal your progress.  This keeps your history in one place and means you do not have to repeat your story. 

Once again, welcome to S.A.

Emonda

Please don't send me PMs. I am not a doctor. My comments are based on my personal experience with ADs and tapering. Consult your doctor about your own medical decisions.

Start of taper: Jan ’22 Vortioxetine 15mg, 

End year 1: 4.5mg, 

End year 2: 2.38mg, 

Year 3: 19 Jan 2.33mg, 26 Jan 2.28mg, 2 Feb 2.24mg, 8 Feb 2.19mg, 29 Feb 2.15mg, 7 Mar 2.10mg, 14 Mar 2.06mg, 21 Mar 1.99mg, 10 Apr 1.95mg, 17 Apr 1.91mg, 24 Apr 1.87mg, 1 May 1.83mg,