EternalOptimist: 17 days on generic remeron, want off

EternalOptimist

Oh, you hit it on the head MM. Exactly what I want is a place to rest to be taken care of to recuperate, it's hard doing this alone

Even though I am one wants to do everything myself. It would be nice to know I had a back up, someone to share the load, just get comfort and feel safer. Hugs to you. Peace and blessings

1989-2004 low doze Xanax nightly.

2004 w/d in hospital c/t with 3 other meds, (trazadone, phenobarbital, risperdal)

Tapered off those meds in 7 months.

2010- bad anxiety so tried Valium and klonopin, back to hospital, came home on nothing, got much better.

12-23-2013- hospital for anxiety, depression,insomnia...used low dose lamictal 12 days with mitrazapine.

Came home on 15 mg mitrazapine, down to c. 10 mg mitrazapine in c. 3weeks, 7.5 mg in 32 days..

Tapered off mitrazapine March 6, 2014.

Took .75 mg April 20 and 1.05 mg April 21st.

Ended taper March 6, 2014.

Take supplements tho not all daily: fish oil, Vit. C., Vit. D, cal/mag, little multi, mag at night,

Been taking homeopathic remedy since June, 2014 via a Homeopathic M.D. (Trained in psychiatry)1-12, 2018 put on 60 mg cymbalta; 150 lyrica for anxiety and 50 mg trazadone. Tapered of trazadone after 3 months on it and tapered off of lyrica in about 9 months. As of March, 2019, only on 60 mg cymbalta.

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EternalOptimist

• tgirl

• Meimeiquest

• wulfgar

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I made it from bed to couch and wondering how to make it thru another day. Feeling sicker and battling hopelessness. Headaches, head pressure, weakness, legs arms feel weird, depression, anxiety, feel that poisoned feeling. Hurts to think and type a post. This doesn't make sense. 7 months off remeron , a year ago, I was sooooo much better. Have others had serious w/d from using a med just 2 months? 11 years off Xanax. Don't know what i'm dealing with. Have blood draw tomorrow but don't know if can physically handle it. Lost confused scared. Sorry. Just baring my soul here. Thnx

2004 w/d in hospital c/t with 3 other meds, (trazadone, phenobarbital, risperdal)

2010- bad anxiety so tried Valium and klonopin, back to hospital, came home on nothing, got much better.

12-23-2013- hospital for anxiety, depression,insomnia...used low dose lamictal 12 days with mitrazapine.

Came home on 15 mg mitrazapine, down to c. 10 mg mitrazapine in c. 3weeks, 7.5 mg in 32 days..

Take supplements tho not all daily: fish oil, Vit. C., Vit. D, cal/mag, little multi, mag at night,

Been taking homeopathic remedy since June, 2014 via a Homeopathic M.D. (Trained in psychiatry)1-12, 2018 put on 60 mg cymbalta; 150 lyrica for anxiety and 50 mg trazadone. Tapered of trazadone after 3 months on it and tapered off of lyrica in about 9 months. As of March, 2019, only on 60 mg cymbalta.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the ER last Sunday because I've been so profoundly sick and weak and anxious and depressed what to do? I hate drugs. But I don't want to end up in the hospital and I've not been getting better . Ct scan of head, blood, urine, ekg..all ok tho low on potassium.

took 1/4 or less remeron last 3 nights with liposomal melatonin, finally got some sleep but already trying to cut it back. Also have taken some Ativan this past week to avoid 911. Feels so deathly ill in mornings, thrash and sweat in bed at night, tremble all day, heart racing pounding off and on, felt hopeless, felt life was near over...so with help by dr. And friends, tried taking something to break this downward spiral,

Still on edge. No joy...am desperate. Any feedback! Thnx

• 2 weeks later...

How do others get thru severe depression? Anxiety depression 4 months now.

Admit trying teeny bit of Ativan and remeron here and there over last month .

Know not good but fear no quality of life . Agony all day...ever a time reinstating is good

to get

Stabilized even tho been off remeron 20 months and had better times? CFS relapse too.

Thinking I can't live like this every day and too ill to get out crept to friends 2 blocks away.

Thnxs

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you're in a bad wave EO, I know how difficult it can get, struggling miserably through each day with no end in sight, I've been doing this a while now. Recovery happens over time, sometimes it takes too much time and we have to deal with it the best we can.

I'm reluctant to write this, because I think you know already, but taking ativan and remeron irregularly, trying to manage symptoms is just going to slow recovery by causing further destabilization.

Are you still taking melatonin? How much do you take? This can also cause depression and grogginess the following day in some people. Perhaps a lower dose may be better.

See:  Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Hi Petunia:

Thank you for writing. .

I'm sorry u too r in a bad wave. Yeuck. How long?

I'm questioning if this is a wave or a wave combined with something else.

I've new Sxs I've never had before and are intense. Maybe you can identify?

I was already in relapse and wave a few months then one day felt weird sensation go

Down my legs, like numbness, tingling, weakness. I've had weakness in the past but

Now legs get sick. Usually in conjunction with severe head pressure and that different too.

Tried strolling around short block and barely made it as head Sx worsened and shot down my legs.

Really scared...sound like w/d? In 11 years off Xanax, never had those Sxs and now 20 mo. Off mirtrazipine

And so much worse than first year. Forced to be home and laying down a lot...

Thnk for links . Know it's bad to take any of these drugs and hope not to, been so sick, scared, depressed...

Hope u pull out of this soon.

Much gratitude and blessings.

EO

• Moderator Emeritus

I've new Sxs I've never had before and are intense. Maybe you can identify?

I was already in relapse and wave a few months then one day felt weird sensation go

Down my legs, like numbness, tingling, weakness.

Its hard to say if this is withdrawal or something else, but I do know these kinds of sensations are common during the recovery process, I've had some strange pains, feelings, sensations and symptoms come and go. I've got used to it now and whenever something new happens I just assume its withdrawal and expect it will pass in a few days.

Have a look through this topic, see if you can relate to anything here:  Paresthesia: Pins & Needles, Numbness, Tingling, Burning ...

For peace of mind and to be on the safe side, if a symptom is very bad, keeps getting worse and doesn't go away, its probably a good idea to get it checked out, not everything is withdrawal.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Ah, I'm back! Oh joy! LOL

Hi to you all. Hoping improvement is experienced in any little way for each and everyone of you. Have a new question regarding a new symptom. Wondering if related to withdrawal. Last three days have searing, intense hip pain. Not related to sciatica back problem or leg just in the hip itself burning sharp and worse when I'm standing on it. Further limits being upright. Do you have a neurology appointment next Monday and hoping and praying I can make it. Meanwhile I'm trying to calm my nervous system the anxiety lift the depression and hang onto some hope.

Thnx

Do you know anything about your B12 status? It is apparently a big issue for many with CFS. Some people can't absorb it properly from GI tract and some apparently can't utilize it well and need to supplement even with high blood levels to kind of force it to work (me).

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Thnx M. Am taking small dose of trace mi earls with B12

Im so depressed and hopeless, sick. Even tho good friends and son, nothing brings me joy, I think I can't go on like this, been too much suffering, think of Robin Williams. .

Feel trapped betw sickness and drug w/d ...truly honestly, can one be helped by an AD. I'm shaking, really need help. Please.

Not getting better.

If you want to research how ADs or a benzo might help, maybe try the CFS/ME forums? You know we're not much help that way. You are in a very tough situation with limited resources, and you have to be very strategic in your approach. I still would suggest Dr. Myhill's book on The Diagnosis and Treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome if you are ever up to reading. Her comment on ADs is that they are prescribed in massively too high of doses for people with CFS. She is a benzo fan. You could get it from the library for free via inter-library loan. And the Wahls Protocol, if you are able to shop for groceries and cook. Do you have a juicer? When I am exhausted, fresh juiced veggies can help me. I know you are too sick to do anything right now, those are just ideas for the future. I hope you land with a very savvy neurologist. Many hugs coming your way!

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

56 years old

This is just my opinion, and apart from the infection-related part of ME, but I think it is primarily a disease of toxicity caused first by some genetic inefficiiencies in the body's detox capabilities combined with gut dysfunction and then it cascades from there, greatly aided by the generally toxic environment our bodies now live in. At least that is the model that seems to help me progress the best,,,I don't have the infection component. Does that give you any ideas on how to procede? And please feel abundantly free to disagree!

56 years old

M, I wouldn't abundantly disagree with you. :) I am also on that mindset. I do believe I have inflammation in the brain or the head as a result of having CFS and maybe the inability to detox probably from meds or anything. That's what the natural pathic doctor says and I'm also working with the homeopathic MD. Now it's The darn depression , been severe, hopeless .

Throw in some intense hip pain. I know I'm no worse than anybody else, just unhappy camper right now.

Thank you for your kind concern. I'm on the fence about taking something and yet I can't cope well with life And now it's the holidays.

I do hope you're doing well and experiencing great healing .

Kindly,

EO

I have been doing this glutathione therapy that makes me hurt too, I'm sure not as bad as you. I have been icing 10 min. before I go to bed, and that seems to keep it from getting as bad (not to be confused with no pain) while I am sleeping (I'm assuming your pain goes bonkers while you sleep, too?)

56 years old

M,

How does The glutathione tx help you? yes, Icing helps as well as the heat for me.

Supposedly I don't have the glutathione pathway for detoxing From some test taken long ago. Did you take any test to determine if you have any problems with this pathway?

This pain is brand-new but just as concerning if not more are the very weak legs and the sensations in them when I stand. Never had it before until about a month ago. Pretty scary, feel like they won't hold me up and there's a week sticky feeling in them. I don't know if this is an antidepressive delayed Sx? It seems to be worse when the head pressure's worse. In someways ive ever been so incapacitated in all the years of withdrawal. I don't know what to make of it . Hope I can make it to the neurologist on Monday. Don't know how I'll do it.

Good night to you.

Oh, so hard!

I am so just pulling at straws here, but my sister had some head symptoms and fatigue when she had adrenal fatigue from sleep apnea for like forty years. One thing that helped her was sea salt (I personally like Himalayan) in warm water, like a tsp./cup. But I had them from WD...whatever the source, they are miserable.

I'm doing the glutathione therapy from Mensah Medical...unfortunately they only sell it to patients of people they have trained. Glutathione is hard to actually make in an absorbable form and it is combined with some other amino acids, the goal of the combo is to increase metathalionone (MT) which does a lot of the metal detoxing in the body, I haven't been tested except for copper which was not responding well after a year of zinc therapy. Brassica family foods, like broccoli and cabbage, are supposed to help that glutathione pathway, and you can get a lot of the same amino acids from collagen/gelatin. I went for awhile on the Wahls protocol, which includes three cups of high-sulphur veggies a day and had a headache for 3 days so figure it was doing something. When I started the glutathione, I went into a every muscle and joint hurts reaction two hours after the second dose...I had to gradually increase over about five months. I still will rarely wake up with a jolt of anxiety, so I hope that means it is working in my brain too.

I recently heard on an internet "summit" that a cup of blueberries a day for three years can undo eleven years of cognitive damage. It may not be true, but it can't hurt. The same doctor said juicing is like taking veggies IV, but you lose the fiber.

And this from my pdoc...when there is trouble in the brain, there is trouble in the gut. Always. Always.. Always. (His words). Dr. Myhill is very into gut health as well.

I am just throwing stuff out here but wish I could instill a bit of hope in you...I know it is really tough right now.

56 years old

Thanks M for all your information. I am on overload with exhaustion, nervousness and awful depression. Can't wrap my mind around the simplest of things. At what point could you do all the studying and following through with research and new stuff? I can hardly figure out how to fix and eat a simple meal.

Has anybody successfully reinstated to come off slower and do better? . I still don't understand what happened.

I mean how many people are better at 6-7 months off and for the next year and then go into terrible wave for long time?

Has anybody successfully reinstated to come off slower and do better?

this person did....

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/7812-mapleleafgirl-successfully-tapered-off-paxil/

I mean how many people are better at 6-7 months off and for the next year and then go into terrible wave for long time?

Recovery can go on for some for many years ( eg me) ..recovery is not linear and mostly at times unnoticeable but seen in hindsight.

You are 9 months off, these are still early days and i was still pretty bad right up to 2 years and the 3 rd was pretty miserable as well.

imo at 9 months off i would stay the course. 

You note in your sig taking a homeopathic remedy ...do you know whats in it? sjw? or tryptophan? if so that could be hindering rather than helping.

hang in there.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi EO,

Just wanted to empathise with you on the depression/anxiety.  There sure aren't any easy answers, and it's unbelievably difficult to manage.  All I can say is I've struggled with major depression most of my life, and been at rock bottom a couple of times, and yet it has always lifted eventually.  The worse mistake I ever made was starting SSRIs during one 'rock-bottom' stage.  

For myself it has been the weaving together of many supportive things which has helped me feel more stable and strong enough to get through this.  I don't know you well yet so this may be something you already do - but keep on pulling together as many things as you can, even the littlest things build in with the rest to be of help to you.

Counseling has, at times, been the only thing able to get me out of certain head-spaces and back on track again.  I go regularly and have done for 18 years - because I need on-going help.  For some of us there is no 'fixed' date.  It helped me a lot to accept that.  I'm quite sure I'm alive because of it. 

Anyway, that may or may not be of help to you.  Just know that there are those of us here who know something of the pain you're in.

KarenB

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

Karen, thanks for writing.

I went to therapy for 20 years, mostly for anxiety. Have chronic fatigue syndrome

25 years and 11 years Xanax free, then

Throw in 20 months off remeron (9 weeks on it), I'm reconsidering

Reinstating to stabilize as I'm just not pulling thru and fear hospital again.

I loved therapy but after cold turkeying Xanax, it was impossible to get out. I've never fully recovered. Now I'm back in the soup and depending on people take me anywhere if I can even make it out of the house, them getting groceries etc. I'm at my wits end. I'm getting older and this is too hard.

Your feedback is wise and appreciated. Hope u feel much healing in the near future.

Hi nz11:

Thanks for the link you sent me about someone reinstating and successfully withdrawing.

I've always come off fast. I did well from seven months to 16 months off and then something hit the fan and here I am thinking of reinstating.

Only tried the St. John's wort once. Didn't like it.

I'm in constant state of anxiety and fear about reinstating and yet I don't think I can go on like this.

I don't want to be a failure but I don't want to think I have no life to live anymore.

All year long I went through a lot and was really feeling confident I got to thru worst of it till now.

Good and solid Healing to you .

Please, how to know if in w/d or original anxiety and/or depressive episode? Seriously, I can't wrap my mind around what's going on. I thought I was well into recovery at 7 months off with waves. Then for the next year I got thru a lot of stressors and marveled at my ability to cope, even with CFS. Then another stressor occurred that set off anxiety around my original issue of abandonment and separation anxiety but turned out ok. I proceeded to go down hill. 4 months plus now and I see no windows and depression is intense. Since I took that AD for 9 weeks nearly 2 years ago and made good progress, how can this be w/d? 11 years off Xanax...return of that w/d too? Never been so nonfunctional. Sooo confused. Thnx ... Feel desperate hopeless. Needed to share somewhere .

• Moderator Emeritus

You mentioned this latest depression was triggered by a 'stressor' which was linked to your original issues.  My feeling is that even though you are now coming up two years off meds, your CNS is possibly still 'fragile'.  So when life gives you a trigger, you might find you shift into that depression quite easilly.  Perhaps after all the stressors you did cope with you were just tired out. 

CFS is a bastard, to be blunt.  Makes every single thing so freaking hard to do.  Can you find a counselor who will do phone consultation?  Save you the stress of having to get out. 

Because whether it's w/d or original issues, you'd still benefit from continuing to learn new tools to manage the depression.  Once I figured out that life was gonna keep throwing stuff at me, I started to cope a lot better ;).  I started learning things and really focussing on managing my depression/anxiety.  Not easy, but over time I've got better at it.  You are in a hard place right now, but you'll be able to move through it and come out stronger.  

It's really good you shared on here how you're feeling - that's a big step towards shifting things.   

Are you having symptoms other than depression/anxiety?  That could also be a clue as to whether it's w/d or not.

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.

2023 December - Now on 5 micro-beads Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops. Symptoms begin to increase.

2024 April - Updosed to 6 microbeads - immediate increase in symptoms for 4 days. Decreased to 5 microbeads.

Karen B, hi and thnx for your nice feedback.

I've been trying to find a therapist that will do Skype on my insurance and found one but there's a language barrier. I'll keep tryng I think. I feel nearly unable to even make those phone calls right now. This is ridiculous, I'm normally the type of person who manages a lot. I do have physical symptoms as in constant jittering when I move , some intrusive thoughts now and then, head pressure , cognitive difficulty as in difficult to pay bills like an early withdrawal. Lot of this feels like early withdrawal mixed in with original anxiety mixed in with the depression mixed in with CFIDS .

I cutback melatonin last night by two drops normally I take eight. Having taken a little bit of Remeron five days ago snd a little bit of Ativan three days ago Probably messed up my system . I'm also wired and tired most of the time, that a lot of us are .

I hope you're having a good day and many better days coming .

Quick question.

Anyone have numb tingly legs and feet in w/d? Even have a sense of cold in them.

Maybe it's Lyme? Thnx

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi EO,

Just wondering if you have seen the AD Withdrawal Symptom Checklist.  Under the category 47. "Sensory Abnormalities" is Numbness, tingling, burning.

I found this video helped me to understand what is happening:  Healing from Antidepressants: Patterns of Recovery.  Knowing what is happening can help to take a lot of the fear, stress and worry away.

I hope these help you too.

CC

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Thank you CC:

Yes, both the checklist and video helps. Guess new Sxs can arise long after w/d.

Good healing to you.

• Moderator Emeritus

Old symptoms fade, new ones appear - it's all part of the healing process.  But, overall, the windows will get longer and the waves shorter. 

8 month hold.

Thnx again. This wave started nearly 5 months ago with stress and anxiety, no real windows...yet...tho was having good Windows before this relapse started. Need a window DESPARATELY. Interesting, my iPad capitalized the d word...can't type it w/o it doing it again. Best

Hi again.

Feel nearly insane from constant nervous exhaustion etc, ESP early morning. Been working w/ homeopathic psychiatrist for 1 1/2 years...helped the first year, now that I'm in crisis like state, not helping. Intrusive thoughts ran rampant this a.m. Betw severe anxiety, CFS, w/d, etc., can't figure out what to do , almost no quality of life , stuck at home, can barely do basics.

Called dr early morn...left VM...felt I was really losing it. Anyone relate? Feel tortured every morning, not lot better by evening

Anyone here have repeated anxiety breakdowns?

How many here are over 10 years off? I'm soooo angry going thru this again. Yes, at 9 years off (2yrs ago), I used an AD for a short duration but thought I was well past any significant w/d. Anxiety, stress, brought me down but it's been 5 months, no real window. I'm infuriated for us all. Needed to vent.

• 2 years later...

Hi, I'm back sadly.

i was put on lyrica for anxiety almost 4 weeks ago initially at 150 mg day and have tapered to c. 120 mg day. 

Wonder how fast can safely taper given short use but history of w/d of benzo ...

thnx

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi EO, welcome back.

I've moved your new topic with your original Intro topic.  Each member has 1 Intro topic where they can ask questions and journal their progress.  Doing this means that history is in one place.

Also, please update your signature so that we can see your drug history at a glance whenever you post.  This is the link:  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2014 at 9:26 PM, EternalOptimst said:

Hello:

I survived c/t Xanax w/d 9 yeas ago ( with short term use of few other meds I quickly tapered from during the first 7 months off low dose Xanax use).

Recently went into severe anxiety then depression and insomnia for few months. Put on low dose lamictal for 9 days along with mirtazapine, now 17 days, in hospital. Want off this drug too tho concerned about returning to depression and insomnia. Not taken lamictal for 7 days now. Never tolerated psych meds well and never had to take one for depression til now. Also have chronic health condition and no Sprng chicken! :)

Thought I'd cut a bit of the MIT. Tonight, maybe a quarter. Any suggestions?

Thanks

EO

I was just in a 2-week program at hospital from 1/8-1/22, and they put me on Remeron 7.5mg and Lamictal 5mg too!  I stopped the Rem after 2 weeks CT because it made me feel terrible and thankfully no withdrawal symptoms so far.  I want to stop the Lam because I don't think it's doing anything for me but everything I've read about stopping has scared the hell out of me.  I've only been on it for 30 days so I'm wondering if I can cut my dose to 2.5 mg and see how it goes.  How are you doing these days 4 yrs. later?  Hopefully a lot better?  

21 years of daily SSRI use in total...

Paxil                                                                                                                                                 1995-1998

Zoloft (50 mg)                                                                                                                                 1998-2002

Lexapro (10 mg)                                                                                                                              2002-2015    (**August 2015, Lexapro “stopped working" after near death of my 1.5 yr. old son**)

Lexapro (15/20 mg) - increasing dose only made SEs worse                                                     Nov 2015 - Mar 2016

Zoloft (25/50 mg) - made derealization worse                                                                            Mar 2016 - Jul 2016

Celexa (20 mg) - made symptoms worse                                                                                    Oct 2016 - Jan 2017

Remeron (7.5 mg) - helped me eat and sleep for 4 nights, then went bad                               Jan 2018 (stopped after 2 weeks)

Lamictal (5.0 mg) - horrific withdrawal                                                                                        Jan 2018 - Oct 2020

TODAY - 100% DRUG FREE 

(Trialed Prozac, Effexor, Wellbutrin, Cymbalta - severe reaction, couldn't tolerate longer than a few days)

• 2 months later...

Hi

this thread may be too old to respond to but I'll try.

i was put on 150 mg lyrica a day Jan. 18 of this year, 2018 and tapered off by May 3 2018, just 4 days ago.  Was harder the last week but made it. Day 4 off has been too hard, I've been thru w/d before (xanax) and don't want to screw this up as I did the xanax w/d.  I think I went too fast at the end.  So wonder how do I figure what dosage to return to and how long might it take to stabilize again? Thnx 

• Administrator
On 5/7/2018 at 3:57 PM, EternalOptimst said:

Hi

this thread may be too old to respond to but I'll try.

i was put on 150 mg lyrica a day Jan. 18 of this year, 2018 and tapered off by May 3 2018, just 4 days ago.  Was harder the last week but made it. Day 4 off has been too hard, I've been thru w/d before (xanax) and don't want to screw this up as I did the xanax w/d.  I think I went too fast at the end.  So wonder how do I figure what dosage to return to and how long might it take to stabilize again? Thnx 

Hello -- I found your post in the Tips for Tapering Lyrica thread. As you know, we advise tapering Lyrica by 10% per month, just like other psychiatric drugs. Lyrica withdrawal syndrome can be just as bad as any other.

How much Lyrica were you taking when you quit?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.