WinningThrough: Does it get better?

WinningThrough

Thanks US. It's quite a bit better today.

The only way out is through.

Aug 2013 - Augmentin leading to akathisia

Sept-Nov 2013 - Citalopram 20mg, severe reaction, off at 5mg. Valium 4mg, prn

Oct 2013 - 5 zopiclone tablets, 7.5mg

End Nov 2013-end Feb 2014, Seroquel, top dose 150mg, off at 25mg

End Nov 2013-early march 2014, Zoloft 100mg top dose, off at 25mg

End Dec-2013-early April 2014, lorazepam 1mg prn

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - 1mg lorazepam, last ever

29 June 2014 - med free

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WinningThrough

• LoveandLight

• luv2knit

• Pugknows

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear Winning!  I hope it goes away completely and soon.

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

((((Winning)))) Thank God! Magnesium helps with muscle pain. Do you take it regularly?

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Hi WT, how are you doing? I hope your back is feeling better, so happy to hear you had a break from some of the w/d crap.

Hugs :wub:

Spring of 1998 place on birth control pills for irregular bleeding, high testosterone and one ovarian cyst, stayed on until April 2004, told to take hormone holiday, conceived first son 4 months later-VERY BIG SUPRISE, was told wouldn't be able to have childern or would need reproductive doctor to help. Got pregnant again 2006 with second son easily, then was on/off birthcontrol again until October 2011, concieved 3rd son in October 2011(tried many times to get pregant again when 2nd child was close to 2yrs, hormone problems started again after 2nd child, along with thyroid enlargement.

Spring of 2001 celexa 10 mgs-rx'd by pcp for complaints of chronic fatigue, irritability and weight gain, stayed on until June 2005, switched to Lexapro 20mgs for PPD, stayed on Lexapro 6-7 months, couldn't afford to see psyh dr. and Lexapro, saw PCP switched back to 20mgs celexa in 2007, remained on until November 2011, was c/t off due to 3rd pregnancy, baby had umbilical cord defect, seemed ok during pregnancy, except for crying jags here and there. Our miracle baby was born July 20th 2012, healthy except with reflux. One month later the anxiety,restlessness,horrible crying, insomnia and the deepest depression ever. That started the psyh drug nightmare-benzo's,antidepressants, sleeping pills, mood stablizers. Nothing help made me worse, doctors just kept changing the meds frequently. 4 mental health hospitalizations, rapid detox off benzos Jan 2013, horrible withdrawal and still suffering withdrawal symptoms NO ONE BELIEVES ME, I feel like ive been on one consistant drug withdrawal for the past 2 years

January 2014 slow titrate up of lexapro to 20 mgs-horrible side effects!!, was just rapidly taper by current pysh off to pursade me to try an MAOI-no way!!! Was told should consider ECT

Thanks US, puggie and skylarblue. My back pain is nearly gone now so that's something. Didn't really need that on top of the rest! Thinking of you all.

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - med free

((Wt)) just saying hello..everytime I see your name on the screen I remember the uplifting quotes you told me..

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Hi L&L. I'm really glad you liked the quotes. Hugs and take care xx

29 June 2014 - med free

Just wanted to stop by and say hello WT. Sounds like you got some pretty significant relief from some symptoms, and I'm sure this will come again soon--and hopefully these symptoms will soon be gone for good!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Thanks luv. Bit of a rushed post but I am seeing some improvements.x

29 June 2014 - med free

Awesome, Winning! You deserve it.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Winning, good to hear of improvements, hope you will have a chance to share later if there are any fresh developments!

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

Hi peeps!

I was reading the title of my topic 'does it get better?' & the answer is, 'yes, it does'.

I'm not a success story yet and I have a long way to go but I've recently been seeing improvements. I think it's a bit early for a sun symbol to appear next to my topic although I have been visualising one and I've drawn the symbol in my journal with my topic title next to it to try to make it happen.

This could be a semi window. This could be an improved baseline. I could be at the stage where healing naturally starts to occur. I'm about 8.5 months off everything. I'm far from normal but healing is happening for sure.

I've been having healing sessions since early February. The healer recommended a Bach flower remedy called Rock Rose for terror. I've been using it recently and the terror has been a lot better! I've also been saying positive affirmations.

3 weeks ago, improvements started happening. I've listed the ones I can think of below.

- I haven't had any crying spells for 3 weeks.

- My brain zaps disappeared for a week. They came back but I know it's only a matter of time before they go again.

- My hot flashes and sweats are so much better. I barely get any during the day. I still get them during the night and when I wake in the morning but I'm not sweating as much.

- My blurry vision and problems focusing on things have been improving during the last 3 weeks.

- My head has been feeling clearer.

- I recently posted that one evening, the akathisia in my legs felt like it was trying to stop and I felt calmer. That exact feeling hasn't come back since but I'm sure it will happen again. I have however, noticed changes in the bodily akathisia.

Now onto some big things.

- My terror is a lot better! I'm currently not feeling like I'm being followed everywhere by demons or utterly terrified for no reason every second of every day. I've started feeling able to do things without utter terror.

- My suicidal depression seems to be lifting.

- I've started experiencing good feelings again!

- I've actually been enjoying some things to an extent! I'm still very aware all the time of the bodily agitation and still very symptomatic but I am getting pleasure out of some things!!

- I've been more functional.

- I'm feeling bits of the old me around.

Another good change is that during the last few days I've been experiencing 'normal tiredness'. I've been doing a lot in the last week, I really have, and I feel like I've run a marathon! I've been aching all over my body but I don't mind that. I've been flat out tired and I quite like it! I haven't felt normal tiredness for 18 months, actually, 19 or more if I count from the antibiotic reaction. I've had that dead beat tired feeling again!

I'm still highly symptomatic and I'm dreading another wave. I'm trying not to think about it. Currently, my very worst symptom has to be the bodily agitation that is akathisia. It's still there all the time. I'm still aware of the excess adrenaline all over my body all the time, shooting down my hands, in my legs, in my body, making me feel the need to move constantly. I'm trying to control it more and use my mind to calm it. I have had times where it's felt calmer. Having said that, I have had times in the last week of being able to sit without being tortured so it is improving. It's not gone but it's improving sometimes. Nights are very disturbed and I'm not sleeping well at all just now. I sleep two or three hours then wake up hot and agitated and tend to stay awake several hours and maybe sleep a couple more hours in the morning.

I'm not out of the woods and know that this could be a semi window before I get knocked down by a wave. In order to become functional and get back to life, the bodily akathisia has to go because I can't really function or concentrate with that always going on. I'm still affected 24/7 with symptoms but the recent changes I've had feel good. I always thought it would be impossible to have any good feelings with akathisia and yet somehow it isn't! I hate the akathisia so much, the bodily akathisia, but the mental akathisia is calmer for sure.

I'm still absolutely all over the place with agitation attacks, irritability and various things but I wanted to give an update of the good stuff.

I will write another post soon about the week I've just had. I really can't quite believe how much I've managed!!

29 June 2014 - med free

I so happy for you Winning I can see that sun in front of your name pretty soon...I told you...I have a very good feeling about 18 months off for you..always have.

It's just around the corner.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

So so so happy to see the improvements that you're having.  You system is well on its way to figuring out how to recover from all the shocks it went through.  I'm having a lifting of some symptoms too and it has been happening in the last 3 weeks!!   It helps so much with the ongoing 24/7 symptoms to at least have some cognitive/ emotional normality, doesn't it?  So looking forward to seeing you come into complete healing! 

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

Yay winning through! You really are winning through and will beat this! You are totally an inspiration! Xxx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Thank you, dear Muddles. Hugs. Thank you SelmaLady. I'm so glad that you, too, have had a lifting of some symptoms over the last 3 weeks! Thank you for your lovely message, loveandlight! X

Ok, so here's a catchup on what I've been up to. I've been to visit my dad in Edinburgh! Can you believe that? I know, right? I decided to just go for it. Dad and my stepmum really wanted me to go up there and my boyfriend said he wanted to drive me there. So I warned them I might be terrible and non functional. And it couldn't have gone better!

We went last Saturday. Friday, I impressed myself with packing and working out what I needed to take. I managed all that quite well! That would have been unthinkable not long ago. Saturday, we drove to a hotel on the way and stayed the night. When we got to the hotel, I felt it a bit. I mean, I felt some good feelings. Instead of thinking I 'would' have liked this in the past, I actually remembered past trips to hotels in a good way, not in a poor me sort of way. I found the room comforting. Instead of going in the room and feeling terror, horror and doom and being devestated that I couldn't feel anything good, I didn't feel scared but I felt comforted. I liked the fact it was clean and tidy and I didn't have to worry about any of that stuff. We had dinner in the bar. Luckily, the hotel was very quiet. At bedtime, I actually liked the feel of the sheets! That was a first in this! I felt kind of comfortable! In the morning I had a bath and for the first time in 19 months, I liked it! I actually enjoyed having a bath!!! That's huge! I always loved my baths and was devastating when baths became a terrifying nightmare and I couldn't have them for days. After we checked out we had brunch in a lovely garden centre and I kind of enjoyed it!

We got to dad's new house in Edinburgh. It was so good to see them both. I really liked their house. Instead of not feeling it and feeling terrified, I liked it! It was a haven and my perfect house! It felt safe and comforting. I FELT it! We all went for a walk and then at back at the house. I liked the feeling of the bed. I liked the room my boyfriend and I slept in. I was stressed out because so much was expected of me and I didn't know how I was going to cope. It was obvious that I was going to be pushed hard and dad and my stepmum were not going to allow me to not function. They were determined to get me out and had arranged an itinerary. I was really annoyed about this and upset that they weren't taking my condition into consideration but I kept it in.

Monday morning, I enjoyed my bath again! Dad took us to Edinburgh castle and we walked round all of it! When we got to the top and looked down, I actually didn't want to jump off! That's the first time in this that I've been high up and haven't had the urge to jump. I was interested in the castle and sort of enjoyed it. It wasn't torture like it would have been not long ago. I wasn't thinking 'I want to die' like I have all the way through this. I was interested! I started to wanted to brush up on my history! We had lunch and went on a tram. We did some more walking and visiting. I wasn't feeling like half of my brain had been scooped out like I normally do. I didn't feel suicidal. I felt a bit happy! I felt like I was coming back. Not fully there but some of the old me was around. I can't quite believe it! My eyes felt better. At dinner in the evening I was exhausted from doing so much and overwhelmed. My stepmum was talking about the itinerary for the previous day and I couldn't cope with the idea of it. She was expecting so much of me! I said I would rather not go out and she said 'but I wanted to show you the gallery and show you the sights!' She had no understanding but it's nice that she was enthusiastic and wanted to share the experience with me. She also wanted us all to go out to dinner. I hardly slept and was so stressed about it all.

Tuesday, I did go out with them all. I was quiet and a bit mono syllabic. I was exhausted and overwhelmed and shocked, really, that I was expected to just rejoin life just like that. It was a more difficult day but not torture like it would have been and I managed the restaurant in the evening. I was all over the place with irritability, outbursts, and all sorts. But I managed.

Wednesday was good! My boyfriend and I went on a bus tour. I actually liked sitting on the bus! With severe akathisia I would always have avoided going on a bus like the plague! I just wouldn't have done it. But I was sort of excited about it like I would have been in the past! I wasn't feeling normal by any means but I did get something out of it. I liked sitting on the top deck and taking in Edinburgh. I sort of enjoyed it! The best thing we did was a tour of an underground close in the old town. We had a guided tour. People do ghost hunts down there. It's the sort of thing I always used to like but since the drugs, the thought of that would have been enough to make me scream and scream. I would no way have coped with that. The darkness, suicidal depression, terror and demonic feeling would have made it impossible. But I wanted to do it! I actually wanted to and felt a bit excited! When we did the tour, I really FELT the history of the place! I felt the remnants of the people who lived there. I really liked it! My feelings weren't fully back but they were there! I enjoyed dinner in the evening.

Yesterday, we did more walking around and then set off to another hotel on the way home. I was EXHAUSTED when we arrived and I ached all over. I felt like I'd run a marathon. It was so good to feel 'normal tired'! I haven't had that feeling in soooo long! I had yet another bath!! I've gone from having hardly any baths to having two a day! I enjoyed my bath. Not fully, I'm not back to normal and I still have bodily agitation all the time but am controlling it, up to a point. We had dinner in the restaurant and again, I liked the feeling of the bed.

We headed back home today. I was worried about coming home and getting a wave.

While we were away, my sleep was terrible. I had to share a room with my boyfriend which I haven't been able to do throughout this. It was really good to share a room. We had single beds instead of a double because I'm not able to do a double yet. But my sleep was dreadful. I guess I was overwhelmed by the whole experience and all the expectations and pressure. I would sleep maybe a couple of hours and then wake up building and agitation. I would then stay awake for hours and then drop off for a couple of hours in the morning. Sometimes, I just could not get to sleep. I ate some things I don't normally eat..I had too many sugary things. I couldn't really avoid it. But I ate as healthily as I could.

Now I'm home, I feel like a wave may be hitting. I can see how this could look like it's because I'm back in this house. It could be. I was ok but this evening, I've felt the pressure building behind my eye and in my head. That symptom had gone for a while. I feel the terror coming back a bit and my feelings seem to be going again. I'm feeling the darkness coming back. Thank goodness a wave didn't hit while I was away!

Anyway, if I do get a wave, I've had a good window to refer to. I've had good evidence of healing. If a wave hits, I will ride it and know it means more healing is happening. I will say affirmations. I will believe in healing. I do believe in healing.

29 June 2014 - med free

Yes I believe you are healing also..

Glad you enjoyed Edinburgh..what amazing improvements :) so happy you were able to get a window and see you are healing xx

Wow, WT. I'm impressed! This is so awesome!!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Very very very happy for you!!!

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Dancing naked waving my pompoms at your healing! Oops just tripped over my saggy t*ts.

So happy for you wt! Keep the good spirit and hanging for more good days!

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

LOL pug! Ha

((((Winning)))) You are on your way! So happy for you!

I'm very happy for you Winning. Prayers are being answered.

I remember when I first came here. You're thread was one of the first ones I read when I was going through it. It scared me because I was already in a bad state and didn't think there was any hope. I think there is hope for all if given time but it just feels like it will last forever.

I'm still praying for you.

Prozac 1999-2009 quit semi cold turkey.

2012 Placed on Seroquel 25 mg, Tranxene (Clorezepate) 3.75 mg 3x a day, Remeron 30 mg for anxiety/akathesia.

Weaned off Seroquel and Tranxene .to Remeron 15 Mg.

In May 2014 tried quitting Remeron at its lowest dose. Had severe withdrawals.Reinstated Remeron at 30 mg by doctor. August 5 2014 entered hospital. Doctor pulled the Remeron and bridged it to Pamelor (Nortriptyline) 40mg and Zyprexa 2.5mg.After removing the Remeron all my bad symptoms went away and I am stable.

9/11/14 - 7.5 mg tranxene, 40mg Pamelor, Zyprexa 2.5mg

12/29/14 -  20mg Pamelor, 1/6/15,  7/31/15 3.5mg, 8/10/15 3.2 mg, 9/15/15 2.2mg, 10/15/15 1.8mg

(Feb 2016 - 1.4mg Pamelor only -  OFF OF TRANXENE AND ZYPREXA SINCE DEC 2014 BENZO FREE Since 2014. Nortrityline (Pamelor) .8mg Aug 2016

March 2017 DRUG FREE

Thank you L&L, luv, WF, pug, lexanger and chicken. Thinking of you all. X

29 June 2014 - med free

Dancing naked waving my pompoms at your healing! Oops just tripped over my saggy t*ts.

Hahaha!

29 June 2014 - med free

I'm very happy for you Winning. Prayers are being answered.

I remember when I first came here. You're thread was one of the first ones I read when I was going through it. It scared me because I was already in a bad state and didn't think there was any hope. I think there is hope for all if given time but it just feels like it will last forever.

I'm still praying for you.

Chicken, I'm so very sorry my thread scared you. Mine wasn't really the best one to pick as a first read!!! Really sorry I scared you. I can imagine how frightening it must have been for you. I'm glad you're in a better place now.

I really believe everyone heals.

Thank you for your prayers.

29 June 2014 - med free

WT,

Don't feel bad because your thread scared me. It just so happened that I was in a bad mental state when I arrived here and clicked on it. I think everything was scary to me at that time.

Your thread encourages me now because I see how your prayers are slowly being answered and things are getting better.

Prozac 1999-2009 quit semi cold turkey.

2012 Placed on Seroquel 25 mg, Tranxene (Clorezepate) 3.75 mg 3x a day, Remeron 30 mg for anxiety/akathesia.

Weaned off Seroquel and Tranxene .to Remeron 15 Mg.

In May 2014 tried quitting Remeron at its lowest dose. Had severe withdrawals.Reinstated Remeron at 30 mg by doctor. August 5 2014 entered hospital. Doctor pulled the Remeron and bridged it to Pamelor (Nortriptyline) 40mg and Zyprexa 2.5mg.After removing the Remeron all my bad symptoms went away and I am stable.

9/11/14 - 7.5 mg tranxene, 40mg Pamelor, Zyprexa 2.5mg

12/29/14 -  20mg Pamelor, 1/6/15,  7/31/15 3.5mg, 8/10/15 3.2 mg, 9/15/15 2.2mg, 10/15/15 1.8mg

(Feb 2016 - 1.4mg Pamelor only -  OFF OF TRANXENE AND ZYPREXA SINCE DEC 2014 BENZO FREE Since 2014. Nortrityline (Pamelor) .8mg Aug 2016

March 2017 DRUG FREE

WT,   The very best thing I've read in a long time!!!!  How wonderful to be able to experience your healing in such a satisfying way.  And as you said, if you do have some waves on the way to healing, you can now KNOW that you are in recovery!  So very very happy for you.

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

Thanks all. I've gone backwards but that's only to be expected in this process. The mental stuff started building again on Friday and the head pressure is bad. The terror crept in on Friday and the agitation is bad. My feelings disappeared again but they seemed to try to make a reappearance today.

At least the window stayed open while I was at dad's. Thank goodness I didn't hit a wave.

This wave isn't a tsunami. How I feel in this wave is like the 'windows' I had in earlier withdrawal. I managed to get out today for a while.

29 June 2014 - med free

:) sorry you in a wave..but I'm glad it is no longer tsunamis for you xx

Sorry didn't know whether to put a sad face that your not feeling well or a happy face as your still improving xxx

Just read through your thread -- it seems like you're really healing!  :)

Hope you're able to surf through this wave quickly.

2007 - 2010 10 mg escitalopram, switched to 20 mg citalopram (sometimes 40 mg, decreased w/o taper)
2011 20 mg citalopram, 150 mg buproprion SR, 10 mg ambien for 3 months

February      20 mg citalopram, 150 mg buproprion SR reduced to 100 mg

March          20 mg citalopram, 75 mg buproprion
April           
20 mg citalopram, 56.25 --> 37.5 mg buproprion
May              
20 mg citalopram, 18.75 mg buproprion

Sorry you're in a wave, but happy that the waves are less intense now. You're getting there for sure!

((((Winning)))) Hang on! You've come so far. More windows fewer and less intense waves. You have a reason to get up every morning.

Waves suck. And you can do this! You are doing this!!

Current:

Lorazapam2mg: 4/9/152mg - 1.5mg: already sick/nothing noticed. No changes in sleep noted after illness.  

Lamictal: 7/27/13 - 8/6/13: 400mg - 500mg(dr order) mouth sores, headache, cognitive/balance, heart palp...8/7/13 - 8/23/13: 500mg - 400mg; symptoms↓...10/10/13: 350mg; fever/flu-like <2-weeks...12/30/13: 325mg; fever/flu-like symptoms <1-week...2/10/17: 300mg; no significant changes noted. 

Discontinued:

Omeprazole: 09/2103 40mg...5/1/14: 20mg... 8/21/14 = 0

Wellbutrin: 11/22/13: 300mg – 225mg...12/6/13 delayed reaction- mood swings, weight↓, heart palp/chest pain, alerting...12/14/13: 187mg; physical symptoms↓, neuro emotions ↑, weight stable...12/20/13: 225mg; physical symptoms return, emotions stable <1-week, weight↓...4/21/14: 187mg; weight↑...5/17/14 (neurologist ordered discontinue asap):168mg; headache, mood swings, ↑weight, sleep flux...5/24/14: 150mg; headache, mood swings, ↓cognitive/balance...6/2/14: 112mg; see above, weight stable, <3-weeks... 6/28/14: 100mg; moody...7/25/14: 87.5mg; family troubles... 8/4/14: 75mg; headaches; moody... 8/9/1450mg headaches... 8/12/14: 37.5mg; 8/17/14: 25mg...8/26/14 = 0

Hydroxyzine; 10mg: 5/20/15 *prn 4/5 times then dc'd. Mood changes/rage 

Buspirone: 7.5mg: 5/20/15 *prn 4/5 times then dc'd. No changes.