westcoast: Sunshine Now

westcoast

Yikes. Then do stay away from "In the News," if you don't already! If there is any good news, such as a miracle cure, I will let you know.

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• westcoast

• Pugknows

• btdt

• Wildflower0214

Top Posters In This Topic

WC, everyone on this forum knows the dangers of these drugs.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

I reposted an excellent link that btdt provided..sorry.

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

Yikes. Then do stay away from "In the News," if you don't already! If there is any good news, such as a miracle cure, I will let you know.

Yes, be sure to tell me when there is good news. :) I do stay away from that section. I am normally smart enough not to click on stuff. Right now, a Disney movie could set me off for days. No one made me click on it and read it. I have gotten better about recognizing my limitations, but I missed the mark this time. :(

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

There is an audience here that is not on drugs yet, and there are doctors who read this site, too. It's for them that I re-posted the link btdt supplied.

I really am sorry, Wf.

PS my first reply was for Pug's concerns, and the second one addressed what WF posted while I was typing the first one.

I really am sorry, Wf.

Don't be sorry. If I were you, I would appreciate this article as well. And I do, in the abstract. I'm just too nuts right now. Lol I referenced it to my mother today. She was on Prozac, and she was abusive the whole time she was on it. She has a hard time forgiving herself. And, I explained a part of the article to her, to show her it wasn't just that she was mean. I think it helped. So, something positive came out of my hysteria. No worries, really.

I wish I could print it out by the 100's and take one to every psych doctor. But, that would be "crazy" behavior. Hahaha.

I have to restrain myself frequently from doing things like this.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Ain't that the truth?.

I hope you have a quiet night. Do not forget to look outside at trees and plants.

• Administrator

Ann Blake Tracy has been working worst case scenarios for many, many years. In my opinion, she exaggerates to shock and get attention.

If you don't wish to read something, don't read it! We cannot preemptively keep information from this site that might make you uncomfortable.

On the Web, you can find much that you will find hurtful. Not everything you read is true. It's up to you to judge what to believe.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

There definitely is a flavor of "shock value" there. There are so many ways to describe antidepressants...like the story of the blind men feeling the elephant and trying to guess what it is.

• Moderator Emeritus

For less sensationalistic coverage of the subject I like the website "cepuk.org."

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

I am looking for the poem WF put on your thread.. others are talking about  it and I can't find it could you tell me where it is..

I just read something interesting about blood sugar - I was looking up drug induced bipolar and mania there use to be so many sites where I could just find you the information... that is not the case any more as they are all closed down now... 

"Diabetes has skyrocketed, has been linked to antidepressants, and blood sugar imbalances have long been suspected as the cause of mania or bipolar. Anyone who has witnessed someone in insulin shock would see the striking similarity to a violent reaction to an antidepressant."

found this here

http://www.rense.com/general77/lurk.htm

I am quite sketchy today as I was up all night sorry if this is not completely sensible... I had a nap after 6am for a couple hours and think it is time for another. 

peace

I am sorry that article set some people off... I recall the feeling when I first started looking for specific things... like I did this time... I think I searched for  "SSRI induced bipolar"  in the old days say from 2009 - 2011 or so...  that search would have produced a lot of hits on a many different websites.  Not so any longer as for unknown reason all those site and many independent articles are not longer available on the internet.  For a long time information started to be garbled... gibberish would take over links that were once ok.. some were science links.  Then they disappeared as did the sites that had copied the original text.  Now you can think what you want that I am a paranoid nut and this is bs I am ok with that but I am telling you the truth I watched it happen.  

It seems there are few places to find information now and what you do find will be on questionable sites.  You can think what you want about this but for the record withdrawal sites don't shut themselves down... there is an agenda here and if you choose to ignore it that is fine with me.  I would also advice against facebook related sites as from there you no longer anonymous if you ever were.  

Ya I know it sounds crazy and I do not care.  

I did not read that full article I searched it for the word bi polar and sent that to you... cause that is what was of interest to me and to your situation... sadly more believable versions are no longer around or easy to find it they are... believe me they use to be.  

Though I did not read it this time I have read "like" things before and worse... I read the entire transcript of everyone who gave witness at the 2004 congregational hearings...every gory word of it.  I read all that when in wd.. it was not smart but it cured any doubt I would ever have on how these meds make some people insane.  I read many off the ssri stories and wish I hadn't ... really they are bad. 

I am sorry to hurt anyone that is never my intent. 

I wish you peace... 

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

Hi WC, Hope you are feeling well. Just wanted to let you know I was very sensitive to Wellbutrin as well. At one time I was vey sick physically at 100mg while tapering. Accidentally took 200mg...symptoms gone in 2 hrs, but then high as a kite for 48 hrs. My last doses were 1.5mg and I promise you I could feel them working. Wellbutrin is water-soluble, very easy to make a solution if you need to.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

If you do the same search and find all sorts of info. please know I am searching with an experienced eye that avoids the sites run by pharma. 

This one by Slappy In The Face 

http://www.amazon.com/Slappy-In-The-Face/dp/B004I6DSKG

mentions her bipolar reaction... 

I kind of know of her from the old site I use to be on. 

To me the first few pages of any search will get you useless stuff from a drug friendly point of view if you need something badly to really help it will just waste your time... my own personal observations.  

I tend to look for what I believe to be true and go till I find a site that matches that...lol I know crazy right. 

Had a car accident in 85
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

not crazy!

I love you dearly, WC. You are my Yoda. Wise soul you are. I want you to know how much I appreciate you and respect you. I've just been feeling so ill and weak and vulnerable these past three weeks. I never meant to be snarky or judgmental. Especially not with you. You've been nothing less than kind and generous to me. I need you to stay near, okay?

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Of course! Thanks for coming by.

sigh

I think you are making a wise choice. But, no matter what, we all support you getting better, no matter how that happens.

Now, exactly when were you rolling around in the yard to James Brown? :P

This morning. Just kidding.

This morning. Just kidding.

The very bad time, early 2013. My neighbor had just told me that someone had done something truly evil, and written her a note about what they had done. I just flipped out. I won't even say what it was all about but it was a crime. I swear I have too many bad memories. Maybe ECT to wipe it all off my map? Again, just kidding.

Lol. I have a ton of weirdo memories myself. I didnt even know they existed till now.

So, if I'm getting this right, someone did something awful, wrote your neighbor a note telling them about it, and you responded my doing the James Brown in her yard? If so, this makes my night. Lol

No...

That is really really funny. Ya, I know. When I was crazy. Everything made complete sense.

• Moderator Emeritus

I haven't been around in a while, wanted to say hi.  I hope you are well and that I have not inadvertently offended by my absence.

*I'm not a doctor and don't give medical advice, just personal experience
**Off all meds since Nov. 2014. Mentally & emotionally recovered; physically not
-Dual cold turkeys off TCA & Ativan in Oct 2014. Prescribed from 2011-2014

-All meds were Rxed off-label for an autoimmune illness.  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but I did not find out until AFTER meds caused damage.  All med tapers/cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline May 2012 - Dec 2013. Cold turkey off nortrip & cold switched to desipramine

-Desipramine Jan 2014 - Oct. 29, 2014 (rapid taper/cold turkey)

-Lorazepam 1 mg per night during 2011
-Lorazepam 1 mg per month in 2012 (or less)

-Lorazepam on & off, Dec 2013 through Aug 2014. Didn't exceed 3x a week

-Lorazepam again in Oct. 2014 to help get off of desipramine. Last dose lzpam was 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Immediate paradoxical reactions to benzos after stopping TCAs 

-First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs too stupid to figure it out. On desipramine, muscle tremors & rigidity worsened

-Two weeks after I got off all meds, I developed full-blown TD.  Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7: hair falling out; no vision improvement; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8: back to acute, incl. Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9: tardive dystonia worse, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat
-Month 13: Back to acute, brain zaps back, developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs now damaged
-7 years off: Huge improvements, incl. improved dystonia

Not at all wiggleit. I read your thread to keep up with you, and think of you often. Your presence around here somewhere. Thanks for stopping by.

• Moderator Emeritus

Please consider listening to my advice as you do now think maybe it wasn't so off course before...? (and that wasn't even my area of expertise. This is.)

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

• Moderator Emeritus

I can't even write down most of the stuff I did because I would lose credibility. And who knows, possibly go to prison. (KIDDING!)

Not an issue anymore.

Yesterday was a good day.

WC, we all love you and support you in every decision you've made and continue to make. You have obviously weighed all the pros and cons of your present situation thoroughly. You have a vision for your future and you are making plans for it to unfold as you see it. I applaud you and wish you the very best.

I hope you have a window or at least a porthole today!

You may feel like you're in the minority here, but you're not, WC. We're all seeking a quality of life that will bring us joy and peace. Our paths are as individual and unique as each of us are. Keep doing whatever you feel is right for you. Don't look back. Look forward. One foot in front of the other.

• Moderator Emeritus

In my brief experience here (I've only read maybe 200 "Bob Whitaker" stories) the stories seem to go south when the mods are ignored.  But again - that's you're choice, we cannot walk in your moccasins.

As far as your role as a mod, that's another animal entirely, not to be addressed here.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Westcoast...  I think it's extremely important on any internet forum to take what sounds right to you and leave the rest.  None of us are medical professionals.  We all base what we think we know on our own experiences and/or something we have read.  I think you are headed in the right direction.  You are seeing a pdoc you have confidence in (one many of us wish we could see) and seem comfortable in the direction you are headed.  Rhi and others have different views and if Dr. S's suggestions don't seem to be working, I feel sure you'll revisit those views.  

I don't think you owe anyone an explanation for what you feel is right for you.  I wish you confidence in yourself...  and as you wrote in your sig, doing "much, much better" is a huge step in the right direction!

Charter Member 2011

I just got home from school...in a tow truck.

Hi WC I don't know what a Bob Whitaker story is but now I want to know. 

I have been away a day or so got a new infection to deal with. 

When I read you post about being out and about enjoying the yard it was good to see and I know this lessening of the grimness is encouraging to everybody here.  We all care about you and your wit has brightened many of my days already I am very glad your here. 

Further down I read how the exchange here gave you a knot in your stomach :(   support sites like this can be like that we take the bad with the good but still I think there is more good than bad. 

I think your mentioning the paranoia and then that there is justification for it shows your monitoring your situation add that to the irritability could mean a talk with dr. S is due and I am sure you will do that on Tuesday. 

When you say your headed to have coffee and watch the sun rise I think your going to the beach... :) could be just wishful thinking on my part but it is one of my fav things to do have coffee at the beach and watch the sun come up.  I spent many many morning doing just that and long for summer to come.   So happy the weather is nice there for your dogs and you to enjoy. 

There is a lot on your plate and I see you trying to do so much and your right I could not do all your doing not even now... well maybe I could if I had to but sure do not want to test myself just yet.  It seems to me my plate is either full or empty and I so hate it when I have had to leave a full plate and retreat... it is not like me but I have had to from time to time.  

Even when things are looking better less grim I hope you take some time for yourself to have a bath lay with the dogs find peace for yourself as we always need it.  A bit of light dawning to me has been in the past a signal like a horse at the gate in a race... the second I see it I want to run as fast as I can to catch up... as I have spent a good amount of time feeling I am late or behind ... this urge to run that is within me has sometimes been my Achilles heal.  I am not saying it is the same with you but maybe... you decide I hope your taking some time to self sooth is all. 

I wish you peace B

Had a car accident in 85