luv2knit

luv2knit

Sorry, Frustrated! Feeling sorry for myself, which always happens when I get no sleep. It makes everything so much worse. So sorry about your friend, and sorry you are suffering too. I do appreciate the prayers. This too shall pass (hopefully).

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Luv - I'm sorry.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

I don't want to do this anymore. I have spent the last six months of my life like this. What if this is all there is? What if I never recover from this? I have no friends. Daughter is grown. Parents have been gone for several years. Husband is fed up. I just want to go to sleep and not wake up.

I am in the same place.  Do you have regular times during the day when the akathisia is a bit lighter?  I usually have a respite from the akathisia at about 6 at night and then wake up with it in the early am.  I try to hold onto that when it is so severe during the day.  We have to cling so closely to God, don't we?  I don't know how I am living through each day, only He does.  We're with each other in prayer, luv3knit. 

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

Yes, my akathisia pattern is similar. It did not settle in the evening yesterday, though, like it usually does. Barely before bed, if at all.

Yes, prayers for both of us... Plus, I do think now I may be getting the stomach bug my husband had... Not sure.

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

I don't want to do this anymore. I have spent the last six months of my life like this. What if this is all there is? What if I never recover from this? I have no friends. Daughter is grown. Parents have been gone for several years. Husband is fed up. I just want to go to sleep and not wake up.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

I feel exactly like you do luv and I am in the same timeline as you. I am sick of all this and so is my family. We have to hold on to each other because we wake up every morning and it's groundhog day all over again. I just pray all day for all of us. Big Hug to you Luv. Pug.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Yes, my akathisia pattern is similar. It did not settle in the evening yesterday, though, like it usually does. Barely before bed, if at all.

Yes, prayers for both of us... Plus, I do think now I may be getting the stomach bug my husband had... Not sure.

Are you able to go to sleep when you go to bed?  I go to bed at about 8:30 because I'm exhausted from fighting though each day.  I go right to sleep and stay asleep until anywhere from 12am to 4am.  If I wake up at 12am I go back to sleep off and on---I think you said that's what you do?  In the past week, I have waking up with akathisia where I never did before. 

Can I ask, how do you get through each day?  I imagine its different depending on what level of pain you're in.  All I can do because of my other brain things, is to watch dumb game shows on the tv, play Scrabble and pace.  Are you able to do some housework or cooking?  Sometimes I can dust.  I always do the laundry because my husband is just overwhelmed by that.  And I make the bed.  Are you able to take care of yourself (shower, hair, make up, etc) each day?  I struggle with anything but the very barest of self care.  My husband does all the cooking (he likes that, he's Italian) and most of the cleaning.  I am getting worse and worse since taking the penicillin and I have no idea why.  We can trust God to take us through this.  I am SO looking forward to Heaven (ya think?) 

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

Sorry, Frustrated! Feeling sorry for myself, which always happens when I get no sleep. It makes everything so much worse. So sorry about your friend, and sorry you are suffering too. I do appreciate the prayers. This too shall pass (hopefully).

Lack of sleep will make you nuts!!! Luv, I know! It's hideous, and makes all the other symptoms soooooo much worse!! I don't have anyone really either, my parents are close to 70, and I've lost pretty much all of my friends. Not sleeping is awful and I'm so sorry. I hope this passes. I'm tired too and I have thought many times about just wanting to fall asleep and not wake up, but I do want to wake up, just healthy. :( praying, all I know to do, there is nothing else.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Praying is what I do all day every day. Don't know what else to do.

I pray for all of us to heal.

Pugknows... Sorry for your situation. You said you were 61. I'm 60, so close in age as well. This makes me feel much older. Hang in there!

SL... Yes, very similar pattern--night as well. Bed anywhere from 8:00 to 9:00, depending on how I slept night before. Game shows on TV and knitting and crocheting all day, when home. No housework at this point. Last time I tried to vacuum, akathisia ramped up sky high within a few hours. Coincidentally, I just now vacuumed my foyer and hall, and will see how that goes. If OK, then I can do a little here and there. We split the laundry. I've never been able to stand and cook with my CFS (the reason I was put on Zoloft). Most of the time we go out to eat, or frozen dinners. In the morning, this is often followed by errands for either husband or daughter (or both), while I stay in the car. I do limited grocery shopping, trying to pick times when I am a bit better (although I did almost pass out in Walmart one day). My husband has arranged to work from home for now. I don't do well by myself.

Yes, JDM, lack of sleep will do that. I've been doing a bit better on that score MOST of the time, although I do wake up several times a night. Used to sleep straight through 8-10 hours, but I can make it if I get back to sleep quickly. The things that have helped are turning the salt lamp off at night, and wearing lighter weight clothing to bed than I normally would this time of year, as I will wake up burning up if I don't. Some nights, it just doesn't seem to matter.

Yes, prayers for all of us. Appreciate those who have prayed for me!! Thanks everyone. I'm a bit better now. Will crash later.

Oh, and SL--I make the bed, take baths (don't try to stand for shower), brush teeth, wash hair--like you said--minimal care. (What's make-up?). Lol.

Sorry you had issues with Penicillin. Hope this gets better soon.

Oh, and SL--I make the bed, take baths (don't try to stand for shower), brush teeth, wash hair--like you said--minimal care. (What's make-up?). Lol.

Sorry you had issues with Penicillin. Hope this gets better soon.

I shower, brush my teeth, but haven't worn make-up since this started a year ago. I also haven't made it to get hair trimmed since last March :( it looks like a broom. I used to really care about taking care of myself.

And I actually just started regular hygiene this summer, I went months when I was too sick to care... And ended up with a cavity because of it. So sad, not who I used to be.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

I force myself with the hygiene thing, but let a lot of other things go. I rarely wore makeup before withdrawal, because just didn't have the energy. For the most part, I can get by with it. I am 60, but most people guess 40's. Now, IMO, I look much older than 60--and certainly feel it!

I actually used to be attractive, when I tried. :(

Not anymore.

:(

Thank you so much luv2knit for answering all my questions.  I am not as functional as you because of the all the visual/emotional/cognitive distortions.  I can only wash up in the sink 6 days a week and then a shower and wash hair on Sundays.  I'm grateful each Sunday when I can do that.  Since the penicillin, I let my hair grow to gray.  Prior to that, I had been able to keep myself up some. 

Its good that you can knit -- and distract some with tv.  So you are able to go out to dinner?  I can't bear to be out at all so its a blessing that my husband can cook.  He went to Walmart last night to do all the shopping.  I haven't been in a store since the Summer of 2013...

Sounds like you don't have the flu?  Thank God.    Ongoing prayer..

Still having insomnia--got absolutely NO sleep last night.  I'm about to do a search on this page to see what people have done for that.  Since I am having paradoxical reactions to everything, I'm sure a supplement will not be the answer.  I can get to sleep, but then wake up an hour or two later, and cannot go back to sleep.  If anyone has any tips for me there, that would be great!  Also, still having extreme loss of appetite.  Have to force myself to eat a few bites of something every few hours.  That seems to be somewhat better on my "good" days as well.  Not sure anything is going to help that but time :(

Hi Luv, 

I've only just started reading your journey (I'm still on page 1), and I hope as I continue that I find things have come very far for you, but I too, seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything, and I can't sleep due to Zoloft--which is why I went off it in the first place. That turned into a 6-week w/d that has turned nightmarish in the past 10 days and I just reinstated yesterday and am hoping hoping for improvement. 

I can't sleep either and I can't stand to be at home alone. My husband had to stay home from work with me on Monday, today I dropped my son off at the sitter's and came to my parent's house, and my husband is picking him after work and they're coming over here after and we're staying the weekend. Constant anxiety where I want to tear out of my gut is my main problem and the other one is complete inability to calm down to sleep even though I'm so exhausted--too much cortisol. I don't think it's akathisia, b/c I'm not physically moving, just can't stand being inside myself, feel like half the time I'm going to die if it continues like this? Have you found ways to get back to sleep? When I finally manage to pass out I'm getting 2.5 hours of sleep then wide awake with stress and fear. 

I completely understand the difficulty eating, too. I've always been like that with stress/anxiety, and when things are bad, like they are now, I can barely stand food which is of course so important to not feeling even worse. I'm trying to force things down once or twice a day. 

I'm going to keep reading; I hope you're so much better now! 

Started Zoloft 07/06, continued through 07/08 (2-month taper, going downhill 6 weeks after stopping [w/d?]) 

Lexapro started 12/08, Lexapro increased/Buspar and Topamax added in '09, continued through 08/10 (3-month taper, disastrous results after 3 week [w/d?]) 

200 mg Zoloft started around 9/10; been between 150 and 200 mg Zoloft since then, also on Topamax and Deplin, and tried things for sleep like Trazadone (worked for a while), and Ambien, Lunesta, and Mirtazapine (all failed) 

--Started tapering 200mg Zoloft--

6-26-14 (150 mg); 7-14-14 (100 mg); 8-20-14 (50 mg); 10-25-14 (25 mg); 11-18-14 (12.5 mg); 12-2-14 stopped Zoloft 

anxiety started 3 days off, depression 12 days off; both severely intensified at 5 weeks off with a work-related trigger and got progressively worse for 10 days 

Reinstated Zoloft 12.5mg on 1-15-15 (one day at 25mg) after 6 weeks and 2 days off 

Also taking 100mg Topamax and 15mg Deplin 

SL, I only wash my hair in the tub every three or four days. I haven't driven since October because of the brain fog and my vision is messed up. These things are somewhat better when I get sleep and the akathisia is at a somewhat lower level. Even then, though, I don't trust myself to drive. Someone recently told me the vision is caused by akathisia too, and I think they were right. Also, one of the last times I drove, my akathisia was ramped up really high, and the psychological impulses had kicked in. There was a logging truck coming the opposite direction on the two-lane road, and I had the conversation in my head over and over before it got there whether to just pull right in front of it and end it all. Fortunately I had enough presence of mind to be scared by that. I will get back to driving someday, but not there yet. There are many times I do not feel like going out, and we just end up going through a drive-thru if we don't want to eat at home. At least it forces me to get up and dressed, so maybe that is a good thing.

I still feel like I may be coming down with a stomach bug. Hoping it won't be as bad as my husband's. Hard to tell, because some of the symptoms are same as withdrawal. Time will tell.

Hi, Watching. I'm afraid things have not changed significantly since I've joined SA. My sleep has improved some since we turn the salt lamp off in our bedroom at night. When I wake up (every hour or two), I either go back to sleep or not. There's really nothing I can do to control it. Most of the time, my appetite is somewhat better later in the day. I have to eat something every few hours, though, to keep the akathisia down. I have lost about 25 lbs. since September. My understanding is that the akathisia can be an inner restlessness too, and not just movement, although I tend to have both. I spend a lot of time sitting in my rocking chair rocking. The psychological aspect of it is often worse than the restlessness, though.

Thank you for stopping by my thread. Appreciate the support!

SL, I only wash my hair in the tub every three or four days. I haven't driven since October because of the brain fog and my vision is messed up. These things are somewhat better when I get sleep and the akathisia is at a somewhat lower level. Even then, though, I don't trust myself to drive. Someone recently told me the vision is caused by akathisia too, and I think they were right. Also, one of the last times I drove, my akathisia was ramped up really high, and the psychological impulses had kicked in. There was a logging truck coming the opposite direction on the two-lane road, and I had the conversation in my head over and over before it got there whether to just pull right in front of it and end it all. Fortunately I had enough presence of mind to be scared by that. I will get back to driving someday, but not there yet. There are many times I do not feel like going out, and we just end up going through a drive-thru if we don't want to eat at home. At least it forces me to get up and dressed, so maybe that is a good thing.

I still feel like I may be coming down with a stomach bug. Hoping it won't be as bad as my husband's. Hard to tell, because some of the symptoms are same as withdrawal. Time will tell.

Oh so hope you do not have the stomach flu. Have been praying. 

I surely do understand wanting to veer your car -- akathisia's voice in your head is always one of suicide. I have to fight that when I'm really bad (like today) too.  I have to say "there is not temptation taken you..." over and over and over.  I have a fantasy with logging trucks too..

What kind of vision problems do you have?  I have "mesh" vision along with everything else == I feel as though I am looking through a screen door and like the "snow" on the tv when you're not hooked into a reception.  Blurry also, can get really bad-- Is that what you have?

Will be praying that you can get some good sleep tonight.   xoxo

Hi Luv, 

I don't know anything about salt lamps--is this a common thing in Alabama? 

25 lbs. is a tremendous amount of weight to lose in so few months :(. It's so hard to eat though when one feels so sick inside. It's a testament to you that you're able to make yourself eat frequently, even if it's in small amounts, to keep the akithisia under control. 

Here's hoping for sleep for both of us tonight. Let's hang in there. 

Started Zoloft 07/06, continued through 07/08 (2-month taper, going downhill 6 weeks after stopping [w/d?]) 

Lexapro started 12/08, Lexapro increased/Buspar and Topamax added in '09, continued through 08/10 (3-month taper, disastrous results after 3 week [w/d?]) 

200 mg Zoloft started around 9/10; been between 150 and 200 mg Zoloft since then, also on Topamax and Deplin, and tried things for sleep like Trazadone (worked for a while), and Ambien, Lunesta, and Mirtazapine (all failed) 

6-26-14 (150 mg); 7-14-14 (100 mg); 8-20-14 (50 mg); 10-25-14 (25 mg); 11-18-14 (12.5 mg); 12-2-14 stopped Zoloft 

anxiety started 3 days off, depression 12 days off; both severely intensified at 5 weeks off with a work-related trigger and got progressively worse for 10 days 

Reinstated Zoloft 12.5mg on 1-15-15 (one day at 25mg) after 6 weeks and 2 days off 

SL, not sure how to describe the vision problems. Eyes sometimes sting and burn, and vision just blurry at times. I have been watching since someone commented, though, and it does seem to be worse either when the akathisia is worse or when I have had no sleep. The brain fog is also worse when the akathisia is ramped up. The other day, I had a portion of a day when my akathisia was relatively low level, and my vision was much better, and my brain actually seemed to be working almost normally--a window for sure!

Watching, Himalayan salt lamps are something we have found that seem to help allergies, asthma, and general well being. They are not unique to Alabama. We have four scattered throughout our house. They do provide fairly significant light, though, which apparently was hindering my sleep. I did not know how well they helped the allergies until we started turning it off at night, and I started waking all choked up. We make choices, though. Yes, it was interesting when I went to the doctor about a month ago to explain the weight loss. I have not advised my doctor about going off Zoloft, and don't intend to until I am doing better. With the akathisia, I'm afraid they will try to put me on more meds. I think I "covered" though. I think some of the loss is from not eating, and some probably akathisia. I definitely can stand to lose the weight, but there are easier ways!

My sleep was better last night. I always wake up every hour or two, but I got back to sleep, and was able to sleep until 4:00 or 4:30. Thanks for all the prayers and support. Appreciate it!! ((Hugs))

great that your sleep was better than it has been.  When you finally sleep 8 hours I will have a party lol.  I have noticed that my eyes burn and blur up on me. I am constantly rubbing them.  Guess it is just one more WD to contend with.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

So glad you slept better, luv! Mine was worse :(. 2 hours--12:30-2:30 a.m., and have been up in a miserably, panicky dread ever since. No doubt the constant cortisol running through my body is now being added to by the Zoloft reinstatement (Z kills my sleep). But at least ONE of us was able to get back to sleep! 

Yep. A consistent 8 hours definitely will equal a party!

The vision/eye issues are definitely aggravating.

Luv,

When people have reactions to FQ is it generally shortly after they take the med or can it be delayed like with WD?

I mean, if it happened to someone would they know somehing was off pretty readily?

How are you? I haven't watched the weather, but hope the wintry yuck is moving out of your area and your symptoms settle a bit. :)

JDM, the reaction to FQ's can be immediate, but is commonly delayed. It can be weeks or months down the road.

We only had the one day of "wintry" weather. Temps have increased, and it was very nice here yesterday. I am in a bad way now, though, and not able to enjoy it :(

So, I sat down with my journal, and it confirms what I expected. I appear to be going through another bad spell, similar to what I went through about 6 weeks ago. I have bad days and better days (windows and waves, if you will) regardless, but (again) the bad days are definitely on the increase, and better days are becoming rare again. Last time I went through this, I emerged to have a few more "better" days, so I am hoping to see this again soon.

My sleep wasn't too bad last night, but was awake about 4:30 or 5:00 with anxiety, panic, or terror--whatever you want to call it. Thought for sure yesterday/last night that I was getting the stomach bug, but it is either not materializing very fast, or was just withdrawal symptoms. My husband did feel pretty crappy for about a week before really coming down with it. The burning and numbness had let up some, and is now back. The shaking/tremors had been pretty much gone for a few weeks, and they are now back (as of this morning). Pretty much total loss of appetite again. The burning head pressure is back, but to a milder degree than before. The akathisia, as always, is constant, but is ramping up to a higher level much more easily, and I am pretty much staying in an agitated state. Cannot even concentrate on my "go to" distractions, like game shows on TV or knitting/crocheting.

So, I have heard spells like this were common at various intervals (4 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months), so I am trying not to freak out, but it is getting really hard. I am praying I break out of this soon... :(

Hope this passes soon for you x

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

I am definitely praying for us Luv.  Hope things settle for you soon.  This is all plain RIDICULOUS!

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Thanks, Joanna and Frustrated.

I agree, Frustrated. It is ridiculous. Appreciate the prayers.

I keep praying for all of us. I don't know what else to do. :(

Yes it is ridiculous..sometimes I just laugh..I cannot believe all that's happened..what else to do xx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

JDM, the reaction to FQ's can be immediate, but is commonly delayed. It can be weeks or months down the road.

We only had the one day of "wintry" weather. Temps have increased, and it was very nice here yesterday. I am in a bad way now, though, and not able to enjoy it :(

The info about FQ scares me :( I just wonder if it has happened and I never connected the dots. And that on top of this is enough to make me want to throw up thinking about it.

It is nice weather here too. I'm laying in my room with the curtains pulled, so not enjoying it either. In sorry you feel like crap. Seems like that is the status quo around here. Prayers. Hope u get a break soon.