luv2knit

luv2knit

I hope so, JDM! It let up a bit for a short time this morning. Ramped back up somewhat now, but hopefully it will just go back and forth! Thanks for the prayers!!

Those of you who have the akathisia--do you usually have it to some degree all the time, or does it actually go away sometimes and then flare back up? At this point, mine never goes completely away--it's just sometimes better and sometimes worse. I'm hoping it will eventually get to the point where I won't have to deal with it all the time.

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Sleep wasn't too bad last night, but up this morning with return of panic/thoughts. Ugh! Hope this passes soon.

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Glad you slept :)

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

How long do you normally sleep?

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Yes... That was a plus. You win some and you lose some. I'm sure eventually it will all even out!

Lately (since we turned off the salt lamp at night), I've probably been averaging 4-6 hours a night. It's kind of hard to say, since I still wake up often. Sometimes I go back to sleep quickly, and sometimes not. I am often able to stay in bed until 3:00 or 4:00, though. I was getting up often between 1:00 and 2:00. Once I have to move to my chair, all bets are off on getting more sleep. Still an improvement.

I got the Blublockers. Wore them for an hour one night, and actually slept less--and had a nagging headache, which is my first telltale sign of a paradoxical reaction. I don't know why I would react like this, but I don't feel like I gave them a fair trial. Probably will try again, but decided for now to leave well enough alone.

Sorry to hear the glasses didn't work. I felt a bit trippy when I wore mine. I stopped using them as I was not so light sensitive but I have gone backwards again.

You can always try them again in a month or so. So strange how these things are capable of giving adverse reactions! Crazy!

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Yes, Muddles, not sure I really gave them a fair shot, but will probably wait a bit before trying again. Grateful for the suggestion, and for having them. Yes, the adverse reactions are crazy. I even had a reaction to chamomile tea, which really left me shaking my head.

Chamomile tea? Wow it's nuts how ridiculous our bodies are right now.  Pretty sad when you can't drink a tea.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Yep! Made some tea from chamomile flower we had gotten for our daughter. Thought it might help the insomnia and akathisia. First cup was in the morning, and it did seem to help the akathisia. Second cup was before bed, and insomnia was worse than ever. Also had the telltale (for me) nagging headache the next morning. Like a dummy, I tried another cup anyway. SMH. I should have known the pattern and quit while I was ahead. I do now! This is still pretty new for me!

Yep! Made some tea from chamomile flower we had gotten for our daughter. Thought it might help the insomnia and akathisia. First cup was in the morning, and it did seem to help the akathisia. Second cup was before bed, and insomnia was worse than ever. Also had the telltale (for me) nagging headache the next morning. Like a dummy, I tried another cup anyway. SMH. I should have known the pattern and quit while I was ahead. I do now! This is still pretty new for me!

Chamomile affects the same receptors in the brain as benzodiazapines, the brain neurotransmitter Gaba.  I learned the hard way also!  Its surprising how many "benign" substances affect Gaba.  I am super sensitive to any substance that finds its way to Gaba!  Good news is that its transitory.  I drink only mint tea if I'm having a stomach problem.  I tried magnesium lotion and it sent me into a very very bad place for several weeks.  We just don't know until we try it... 

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

Interesting, SL... I seem to react to any supplement I had not already been using. I tried to increase my magnesium, and had to back it back down. I'm taking 400mg glycinate (oral) a day, and using about 50mg mag. oil spray. I am currently trying to ease that back up by increasing 1 spray a day every week or two. So far, so good. I have 10 sprays to go, though, before I get to 600mg, which is what I want to get to. I even reacted to Vitamin C.

Me too with the "C". When I first had the horrific reaction to the Afrin, I s/w someone who is very much involved with "natural" healing and she told me to take all these very expensive supplements.  I started with magnesium and "C" and ended up much worse.  I can't even take "D" supplements which I sorely need in the winter.  Good that at least you can tolerate the ones you were already taking.   Just have to go so slowly to add anything.. 

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

Sorry the glasses didn't work out :( bet you're glad you didn't get the 70 dollar pair you were looking at. Lol

JDM, I haven't given up on the glasses, but as long as I'm sleeping as well as I am, I'm not going to push my luck.

SL, I cut my D down some, and am using my sunlamp for a few minutes most days--except the days when I'm at my worst. I think keeping my D levels up helps with the panic, depression, and intrusive thoughts. I also had been on a regimen of supplements that had allowed me to get off BP meds, and I think at least a couple of those have been helpful in WD, and may have even helped me avoid or minimize some symptoms. Fortunately I have been able to continue them. Strange, though...

After my usual pattern of off/on sleep, awoke about 4:00 a.m. with overwhelming physical and mental exhaustion. No noticeable increase or decrease in physical symptoms--just exhausted physically and mentally, and honestly just feel like I don't have it in me to continue this fight. Anyone else ever have this? New symptom? New kind of "wave"? Where is this coming from? I've experienced something similar with CFS in the past, but this is a whole new level mentally.

I actually had another day-and-a-half of (slightly) lower level akathisia (partial window?), which ended yesterday afternoon/evening, as my akathisia ramped back up to the usual moderate level. Glad for that, but whatever is going on now is something different...?!

I've had this and still do. Honestly never know what I'm going to wake up with as everyday is different. You will get new symptoms crop up but they will pass. Do you feel like you have the biggest hangover ever? Like you have been hit by a truck?

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Yes, I agree, Muddles--every day is different... That's for sure. I guess you could say I feel mentally like I have been hit by a truck, if that makes sense. Don't really have any more physical aches and pains than usual. Am sitting in my rocker/recliner right now--mostly in the dark--trying to gather the motivation to get up, bathe, and get dressed. Perhaps this will be like the other early morning sensations I have had (panic episodes/depression/intrusive thoughts) and will pass by mid-morning.

Mornings are always the worst - especially if you have not slept well. Hope you manage to cope with your day.

Severe adverse reaction

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Thank you, Muddles.

I never know what I am going to be facing from day to day either.  And if it isn't me it's my son who is also tapering.  Makes living harder and planning impossible.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Yes, that's true, Frustrated. Praying your son's taper goes well too!

I'm sorry. I get this after insomnia. I honestly wish my symptoms would change to something like seeping all the time with moderate depression and feeling sick. That actually sounds appealing.

I'm sorry this has happened. Hopefully, it doesn't happen very often and just goes away.

This just plain sucks, for all of us.

After my usual pattern of off/on sleep, awoke about 4:00 a.m. with overwhelming physical and mental exhaustion. No noticeable increase or decrease in physical symptoms--just exhausted physically and mentally, and honestly just feel like I don't have it in me to continue this fight. Anyone else ever have this? New symptom? New kind of "wave"? Where is this coming from? I've experienced something similar with CFS in the past, but this is a whole new level mentally.

I actually had another day-and-a-half of (slightly) lower level akathisia (partial window?), which ended yesterday afternoon/evening, as my akathisia ramped back up to the usual moderate level. Glad for that, but whatever is going on now is something different...?!

I was referring to this in the above post.. I should have quoted. Confusing. Sorry.

It's Ok. I knew. I never quote, cause I haven't figured out how to do on my phone.

Symptoms changed somewhat. Still exhausted, and akathisia has remained pretty much a moderate level. Not pleasant, but tolerable. Vision is really messed up, and hurt all over. All things I have had--just different combination. Don't have quite as much of the hopeless feeling, so I'll get by.

I'm glad you are feeling a little bit better luv. I know it's not great but I'm glad it's a bit more tolerable. Take care.

The only way out is through.

Aug 2013 - Augmentin leading to akathisia

Sept-Nov 2013 - Citalopram 20mg, severe reaction, off at 5mg. Valium 4mg, prn

Oct 2013 - 5 zopiclone tablets, 7.5mg

End Nov 2013-end Feb 2014, Seroquel, top dose 150mg, off at 25mg

End Nov 2013-early march 2014, Zoloft 100mg top dose, off at 25mg

End Dec-2013-early April 2014, lorazepam 1mg prn

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - 1mg lorazepam, last ever

29 June 2014 - med free

It's Ok. I knew. I never quote, cause I haven't figured out how to do on my phone.

Symptoms changed somewhat. Still exhausted, and akathisia has remained pretty much a moderate level. Not pleasant, but tolerable. Vision is really messed up, and hurt all over. All things I have had--just different combination. Don't have quite as much of the hopeless feeling, so I'll get by.

Good, glad the hopelessness is a bit less. I just hope u rest. U seem to do much better when u do.

Hi luv. I have been running around today and had to take my son for a CT scan, and I haven't spoken to you today but I wanted you to know that I am thinking about you and continue to pray for you.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Yes, JDM, you're right--I do better when I sleep. Husband is sick, though, and I am worried about him, so I don't know if I'll sleep or not.

Appreciate the thoughts and prayers, Frustrated. Hope everything is Ok.

Prayers for everyone, and that we can all get some sleep!

I hope so, JDM! It let up a bit for a short time this morning. Ramped back up somewhat now, but hopefully it will just go back and forth! Thanks for the prayers!!

Those of you who have the akathisia--do you usually have it to some degree all the time, or does it actually go away sometimes and then flare back up? At this point, mine never goes completely away--it's just sometimes better and sometimes worse. I'm hoping it will eventually get to the point where I won't have to deal with it all the time.

Just seen this..yes I have akathisia all the time, no breaks. I think this is normal for akathisia, not to have any breaks, until it eventually fades out. I really empathise.

The only way out is through.

Aug 2013 - Augmentin leading to akathisia

Sept-Nov 2013 - Citalopram 20mg, severe reaction, off at 5mg. Valium 4mg, prn

Oct 2013 - 5 zopiclone tablets, 7.5mg

End Nov 2013-end Feb 2014, Seroquel, top dose 150mg, off at 25mg

End Nov 2013-early march 2014, Zoloft 100mg top dose, off at 25mg

End Dec-2013-early April 2014, lorazepam 1mg prn

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - 1mg lorazepam, last ever

29 June 2014 - med free

Thanks for your input on the akathisia, WT, and thanks for stopping by!!

My mom and I prayed for you tonight.

Romans 15 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Prozac 1999-2009 quit semi cold turkey.

2012 Placed on Seroquel 25 mg, Tranxene (Clorezepate) 3.75 mg 3x a day, Remeron 30 mg for anxiety/akathesia.

Weaned off Seroquel and Tranxene .to Remeron 15 Mg.

In May 2014 tried quitting Remeron at its lowest dose. Had severe withdrawals.Reinstated Remeron at 30 mg by doctor. August 5 2014 entered hospital. Doctor pulled the Remeron and bridged it to Pamelor (Nortriptyline) 40mg and Zyprexa 2.5mg.After removing the Remeron all my bad symptoms went away and I am stable.

9/11/14 - 7.5 mg tranxene, 40mg Pamelor, Zyprexa 2.5mg

12/29/14 -  20mg Pamelor, 1/6/15,  7/31/15 3.5mg, 8/10/15 3.2 mg, 9/15/15 2.2mg, 10/15/15 1.8mg

(Feb 2016 - 1.4mg Pamelor only -  OFF OF TRANXENE AND ZYPREXA SINCE DEC 2014 BENZO FREE Since 2014. Nortrityline (Pamelor) .8mg Aug 2016

March 2017 DRUG FREE

Thanks for the prayers, Chicken. Appreciate them very much!!

Very little sleep. Pretty much awake from 1:00 a.m. on. Panic set in about 4:30 or 5:00. I'm guessing this is what everyone is referring to as "morning terrors"? Don't get this every day, but when I do, it usually starts a couple of hours earlier, so maybe this is good(?). Was able to doze off briefly a time or two between 1:00 and 5:30. Even that bit of rest helps. Afraid my lack of sleep may cause even more symptoms today. Hope I'm wrong. Wishing you all a peaceful day.

Major wave. Hit quickly. Can't stop shaking--can't stop crying! Please pray!!

Major wave. Hit quickly. Can't stop shaking--can't stop crying! Please pray!!

Praying Luv. Hold on!!!