luv2knit

luv2knit

Wow! Learning to use a new device with my brain the way it is--challenging! Husband got me a new iPad mini, and I'm having a time getting it set up.

It's not been too bad of a day, although I think it got a little worse gradually as the day went on. Just tired, more than anything, I think. Praying we can all get some sleep tonight!!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Pleased your day wasn't too bad. Hope you maaged to sleep some. I struggle with anything that you need a brain to do...pretty much everything! Lol

I'm sure you will soon be a whizz on the iPad mini!

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Yes, Muddles, my brain is useless these days. My husband did most of the set up, but I think I will at least be able to use it. Daughter was over briefly in the evening when we were getting it set up, and she helped too.

Got a fair amount of sleep last night. Not as good as night before, but was able to stay in bed and ride it out, even though I was awake for longer periods of time. I have discovered something that I think is making a difference for me with this, but it is sort of a tradeoff--allergies vs. sleep. We have Himalayan salt lamps throughout our house that we have had for about a year. Supposed to help with allergies, etc. They put out a pretty fair amount of light, which has never been a problem before. We have one in our bedroom, and especially when I am up and down all night, it makes a good night light. Christmas Eve night, my husband was having trouble sleeping, and wanted to turn it off. (They were his idea in the first place.). I was afraid I would be tripping on stuff getting up throughout the night, but, except for brief periods, I slept until about 4:00 to 4:30 a.m. I turned it off last night as well. I was awake a lot more last night, but still hopeful this might be a help. I did wake with allergy issues both mornings, but we have them throughout the house, and our daughter does too. Yesterday, this eventually cleared up, so I'm hoping it will today. (I never knew whether they really worked--guess they do!)

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

I pad mini!  Totally jealous lol.  That's great!  Glad you were able to get some sleep.  I hope this small discovery of yours brings you more sleep.  This may help you heal faster.  I pray all the time.  Maybe God is listening.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Gosh I was sorry to hear of your daughter's reaction to your illness, especially as she had been floxed for 4.5 years. I imagine being floxed is very similar to what we go through.

I guess one positive way of looking at it is when people recover, life really does move on. Perhaps now your daughter has moved on from that experience, she has forgotten just how dreadful it was. I've heard that before. I hope this means we will all forget how dreadful this was when we are healed.

I spoke to someone recently who has really gone through it with withdrawal and someone who had been exactly where she was (and is now recovered) had a real go at her and told her to stop crying! It's an odd thing. You'd think people who had been there would have so much empathy. I honestly think people forget the full horror of it. I certainly hope we do!

I'm hoping today is kind to you.

The only way out is through.

Aug 2013 - Augmentin leading to akathisia

Sept-Nov 2013 - Citalopram 20mg, severe reaction, off at 5mg. Valium 4mg, prn

Oct 2013 - 5 zopiclone tablets, 7.5mg

End Nov 2013-end Feb 2014, Seroquel, top dose 150mg, off at 25mg

End Nov 2013-early march 2014, Zoloft 100mg top dose, off at 25mg

End Dec-2013-early April 2014, lorazepam 1mg prn

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - 1mg lorazepam, last ever

29 June 2014 - med free

Thanks, WT. Yes, I am finding in many ways, floxing is similar. My daughter had a relapse about 7-8 months ago, so she still has some pretty major issues--especially anxiety and depression. I'm not sure if it's just hard for her to realize I'm having major issues, or what... Like I said, I think she thinks if she can suck it up, I should too. We've always been really close, and for the most part, we still are, so it makes it difficult. We've also been really insistent that she not go the AD route, and I'm not sure she gets that. I think she may be starting to.

Yes, Frustrated, I'm sure more sleep would help a lot. Have to wait and see if it continues.

How are you?

I was thinking, when we finally get through this, we have to meet one time!! Even if it's five years from now.

If not, a phone call and we can exchange pictures of our families. :)

I just think we are in for the long haul, supporting each other, and I am so very very grateful for u!

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Lol... Yeah, that we are (in it for the long haul). Thank you. I'm grateful for the support too--and prayers!

Have you heard of the blue blocking glasses? I have some and they do help. i read a review of a couple who had suffered insomnia for years and they started wearing them from 6 o'clock in the evening until they go to bed and now sleep much better.

There is a section on here about light and sleep somewhere.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Interesting, Muddles. I will look into it. Thank you.

Didn't sleep as well last night, but was again able to stay in bed and doze off and on until about 4:00 or 4:30, so that's still an improvement over the nights I was up in chair in the living room by 12:30 or 1:00 a.m. Guess the general consensus is that the salt lamp stays off at night for now, and see how this works out long term. I may also check into the blue blocking glasses that Muddles suggested.

My day yesterday wasn't wonderful--but wasn't terrible either. I gauge my days for the most part by how bad the akathisia is, and it stayed at a pretty moderate level most of the day--short periods were better, and short periods were worse. Not pleasant, but for the most part tolerable. I do have quite a few aches and pains--especially back, right knee, and right arm, but most of the time the akathisia is the worst. Hanging in there!

Glad u slept a bit better, and that yesterday was tolerable. Tolerable right now is all we can hope for.

I have the amber glasses. I don't know if they do anything or not. But I limit light at night. I switch to candles at sundown. I don't know if it helps or not, but I still do it.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Yes, tolerable is good for now, I suppose. It's strange what sets me off now. I have been crocheting on a scarf that is a bright pink--not neon, but almost a red. I've been working on it a few days, and had to put it aside, because just looking at it bothers me. On the other hand, a month ago, I made a purple infinity scarf for a friend for Christmas. It was pretty bright, but it either was a different kind of bright, or things like that bother me more now... Not sure which...

I'm not familiar with any of these glasses, so I'll have to check into them. I do remember someone (I think Alto) posting about room darkening blinds and sleep mask. I think this might have been on the cortisol thread. I really don't recall ever sleeping in a completely dark room, but I will experiment and see what, if anything, helps. My days are definitely better when I sleep better at night. I am certainly open to suggestions. I try to be especially careful what's on the TV at night--even if I'm not particularly watching it--and I usually turn the volume down 30 min. to an hour before bed. It seems like my whole day is very structured right now. (Time for snacks, time for supplements, etc.). Any variation throws me. Aggravating, but whatever works--and most of the time I do feel like I'm pretty stable. Not good, but stable. I have my bad days, but things seem to return to baseline.

Stable sounds better than horrible I suppose.  Glad you are not suffering too badly.  I have been up an hour and my back is cramped and my calves are popping.  UGH! The dentist wants to see the little one this afternoon because her tooth is hurting so I get to take an hour long bus ride to the dentist.(don't have van anymore).  Oh man!  Hour there and hour back with a four year old.  We need groceries too but I think that may be pushing it.  We will see.  I hope the rest of your day holds mostly positive.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Good luck!! Wish I were there to drive you!! :(

Prayers for you.

So sorry about this. Everyday tasks seem like a huge event. I was just discussing this with my mom.

Hang in there! You can do this. You are brave.

Wish I could drive myself but sadly I can't afford to run the van anymore.  I am at home and not working because I just can't.  I was put on disability years ago for fibromyalgia, although I have been messing with Paxil for about 6 years so who knows what is fibro and what is Paxil.  Maybe a bit of both.  A vehicle would make my life SOOOO much easier.  I also live on the 3rd floor so cabbing home with groceries and lugging them up 3 flights is a nightmare too.  I guess I should be grateful that I am home right now and not having to work but the drop in pay sucks.  I feel like I have wasted my university degree.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Oh, no! Hope your trip to the dentist goes Ok, Frustrated. Sorry you are hurting. My pains are relatively mild compared to some of the other stuff.

Just starting to read about the blue blocking glasses. Looks like the really good ones are around $70.00. There are cheaper ones, but don't know if they would do the job. I know my husband would say "Get them", but I just don't know... Decisions, decisions.

Get them! I paid about 40 on Amazon for Blublocker brand. They are supposed to be good ones.

Ok... Sort of in between... So that is the brand... Blublocker? Thanks, I'll check.

Yes, that is the brand name

Ok, thanks, JDM.

No problem!

Ordered the Blublockers today. Husband was working on daughter's truck, and will continue tomorrow, so I was basically by myself most of the day while he was over at her house collecting his tools back and in our garage working. This is the longest stretch of time yet I have been "by myself", since he has been working at home. Yes, a lot of the time he technically was here, but was in the shop. I freaked out somewhat, but eventually settled down, so I'm pretty proud of myself!! It's been a long day, though!

I really hope the glasses do some good. That would be a blessing.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Yes, that combined with the improvement I've seen with the salt lamp off. Hoping for a little better night tonight, just based on my usual pattern.

Ordered the Blublockers today. Husband was working on daughter's truck, and will continue tomorrow, so I was basically by myself most of the day while he was over at her house collecting his tools back and in our garage working. This is the longest stretch of time yet I have been "by myself", since he has been working at home. Yes, a lot of the time he technically was here, but was in the shop. I freaked out somewhat, but eventually settled down, so I'm pretty proud of myself!! It's been a long day, though!

Congrats!!! This is progress!!! Proud of you luv :)

Thanks! Now if I can just get through today. Daughter's fiance was supposed to help with truck, in which case, daughter would probably come over too, but don't know if that will happen. May be "by myself" again today... Ugh.

I did get fair amount of sleep last night, but feel pretty crappy. Head pressure is back, but a little different (maybe not quite as bad?). Woke up with panic, which had been pretty much gone last few mornings. Again, though--not as bad as it has sometimes been. Didn't do sun lamp for Vitamin D yesterday. Must do today. Akathisia moderate. Will see which way things go. Hard to tell this early in the morning. I'm hoping if I can start sleeping better consistently to shift my sleep schedule back to where I'm not having to go to bed at 8:00 or 8:30 because I can't hold my eyes open. Either way, I'm waking up every hour or two. The difference is whether I stay awake or get back to sleep.

Good morning!  I hope today brings you some positive and your symptoms calm throughout the day.  Thinking about you.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Thanks, Frustrated. It's strange. Everything cleared a few hours ago, and I actually felt almost normal for a couple of hours. Wish it could stay like that!

WINDOW!!!! Wooop!!

Yep! I went through the whole day like that on my birthday (Oct. 11). The next day, though... Not so much. What I'm calling windows for the most part now are not nearly as good, but I'll take what I can get. My REALLY bad days have stayed spaced out about once every 5-6 days (and I know I will wish I hadn't said that!)

I know, I'm almost afraid to make statements like that... :(

Yep. I have some pretty crappy days, though, and don't call them REALLY bad unless the akathisia ramps way up and stays up.

I have noticed the last week that my intrusive thoughts have not been as bad but I still have alot of physical issues. Can I have windows for the mental stuff and still have physical issues? Weird. I would like a window from Everything! Congrats on the little window!

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Thanks, Frustrated. I think my panic/thoughts have been a little better the last few days too. It's anybody's guess where it will go from here. That's one of the hardest parts.