LoveandLight: sertraline withdrawal

LoveandLight

Thanks luv2 x

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Feeling suicidal..I feel trapped..I don't want to die..I just don't want to live like this..this has been yrs and yrs I've felt so bad..trapped in my own life..how awful.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

((((Jo)))) We are all going through a horrible time right now, it seems. The last 2 days have been the worst in all my acute WD, so bad that I've begged God to take me home again, like all of last year. My friends on this forum are months ahead of me so I feel doomed to follow in their footsteps with more months or years of this hell to come. But maybe not. My journey is my own. It could lift for all of us tomorrow. Hugs to you sweetheart.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

((pug))) sorry you are going through awful time too..

Just can't see a way forward at all. Sorry this is so negative just want yo get this out. I'm being triggered all the time. My parents are away - I don't know whats worse being alone through this or when they are here they run a bnb and it's noisy and chaotic. It noisy all the time anyway as it's on a very busy road. But everytime I look at moving out, I get triggered..I couldn't anyway without a job - I cannot get enough disability money to manage but when I look for a job, I get triggered and into a wave again but then get triggered anyway living like this. And I cannot stand the area I live in..I'm triggered all the time..But cannot move away because..well you get the picture. I applied when I was a bit better to go to a community (Christian) that takes people who are struggling with different things..thought it might be peaceful but then it just seems I'm further away from getting back into a 'normal' life. Oh cr*p so difficult.

I know. I think staying put where we are right now is best for us, not changing our world too much and having new outside stressors. Just deal with the stressors we're used to dealing with, along with the stress of WD and all its ugly fur balls.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Pug can I move in with you? ;)

Oh this is ridiculous..feel like a helpless 5 yr old..doesn't do much for confidence or self esteem..what a nightmare..

Yes. I'm looking for a roommate to move into one of my bedrooms. Our own little halfway house.

Withdrawal Wesidence

Haha :) thanks!

Feeling suicidal..I feel trapped..I don't want to die..I just don't want to live like this..this has been yrs and yrs I've felt so bad..trapped in my own life..how awful.

Jo, I just read this. Sorry that you feeling like this...i have felt like this quite often...

The most difficult seems not to be able to move...at least for me...i was always able to get out of situations...but now...

But it does shift, doesn't it?

Do you feel like this all day?

I have the worst, usually suicidal time in the morning...

I am better now, but my morning was just so difficult today...

I need to get used my new challenges...but wish I could just retire...

How are you now?

- 12.03.2021- doxepin- 50mg

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

- 30.09.2020- doxepin- 125mg

- May 2020, omeprazole 40mg switched to esomeprazole 20mg

- 2012 re-started Doxepin 75mg, evening. Increased to 150mg

- 2012, Atenolol 25mg, twice a day

- 2016, Low dose of HRT in evening, Sandrena and Utrogestan 

- Long term of Nasal spray Otrivine

- 2012, PPI Omeprazole 40mg-evening

24.10.2014- Started ESCITALOPRAM-first 5mg and then 10mg; due to the adverse symptoms reduced on 5.01.2015- Escitalopram- 2.5mg 22.07.2016- re-started reduction by 1% at a time. Completed tappering on  19.03.2020 😇

Struggle, struggle, struggle.

I'm alone tonight and that would not normally bother me..but I'm worried about an intruder, about a possible fire..on and on...

Struggle, struggle, struggle.

I'm alone tonight and that would not normally bother me..but I'm worried about an intruder, about a possible fire..on and on...

Jo, these are just worries, not reality...

I do the same, get all catastrophic secenarios...

How many times were you worried? And how often it happened?

Can you distract yourself in any way?

It usually helps me, but when I worry, it usually takes me long time to get involved in anything else...

I am off to bed now...i hope your night will be good...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

24.10.2014- Started ESCITALOPRAM-first 5mg and then 10mg; due to the adverse symptoms reduced on 5.01.2015- Escitalopram- 2.5mg 22.07.2016- re-started reduction by 1% at a time. Completed tappering on  19.03.2020 😇

Yeah I know this is not rational..I wouldn't normally be worrying like this..

Feeling slightly better now thanks.

I think your doing amazingly well..I just wish that I had done things differently..I was travelling, and working here and there..a nomadic lifestyle which I thought I was ok with until 26..and all this started..it's fine this lifestyle when your fit and healthy..but when not..there is no safety net..nothing to fall back on..I just wish I'd known about all this earlier..I might have been able to get on track a bit more and at least hold onto a job.

When I feel as bad as this, it lasts all day.

Yeah I know this is not rational..I wouldn't normally be worrying like this..

Feeling slightly better now thanks.

I think your doing amazingly well..I just wish that I had done things differently..I was travelling, and working here and there..a nomadic lifestyle which I thought I was ok with until 26..and all this started..it's fine this lifestyle when your fit and healthy..but when not..there is no safety net..nothing to fall back on..I just wish I'd known about all this earlier..I might have been able to get on track a bit more and at least hold onto a job.

When I feel as bad as this, it lasts all day.

Last five years I am constantly in temporary jbs, moved house three times. I have no savings, nobody to rely on. Mupy almost-ex-husband lives in my house, pays the mortgage...i cannot get beack there, as it would be too traumatic...i constatly worry that one day he will stop paying, as he did in december...

My books are still there, and everything I bought for the house...

So, I am trying the best...

And, same as you, I just wish i'd known things earlier...i am 55, very tired of constant changes...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

If life could stop and let us catch up..

Sorry for you, Ikam..I do think your going to do well though..still having a job seems huge at the moment..

((Hug)) thinking of you. Hope you sleep well. No fires or intruders. :)

I know what the worry feels like. It's like there are two people in my head talking. There is the sane me saying "this worry is irrational, forget it." And then there is the WD me screaming into a megaphone saying "what if!!!!!!!??????? What if everything goes awful and the world comes to an end!!!" And even though the rational me is still there speaking, she is being drowned out by a nutcase with a megaphone. :)

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

At least you can hear both people talking. I can't hear sh*t for the cortisol head whooshing.

Thanks for posting on my page... I thought I would come over to yours and read some of your story. Im so sorry you are having such a tough time. I am not sure what to say, other than I hope you get better soon. 

A few weeks ago, Btdt suggested I try out the guided meditations on youtube? If you have not heard of them, take a listen. I found them very helpful, especially when I can't fall asleep at night. I just did a quick read through your pages, so I am not sure if you have tried these or not yet, but thought I would pass on something that I have found very helpful with calming my brain down.

-jan14 2016- off effexor!!-

wellbutrin:Jan 25/17;Start to split 100mg in half

-Feb 12/17;100-50mg -Apr 30/17;50-30mg liquid. -June 6/ 17;30-20mg -July6/17;updose to 26mg -Oct 18/17;13 to 12mg -Nov 24/17;12 to 11mg -Feb 21/18;22 to 20mg -Apr 2/18;20 to 18mg -Apr 30/18;18 to 16mg -May 22/18;16 to 14mg -June 18/18;14 to 12.4mg -July 15 /18;12.4 to 11.6mg -Nov5/18;11.2 to 10mg -Dec14/18;10 to 10.4mg

Thanks Jen, yes I've tried a few of these meditations..:)

Haha JDM..no fires or intruders last night :)

I'm unwell and in not sure whats caused it..muscle pain on waking and on off throughout the day, hot adrenaline? Pain going up my back..severe anxiety on waking, agoraphobia, sound sensativity and all the usual other stuff..I've been stupid and not taken detailed notes this week so I'm not sure when this started and whether it is linked to the tablets I could not disolve v well earlier in the week or is it the liquid sertaline or the further 0.06 drop I had to make taking the liquid sert. Time will tell and that'll teach me to make more accurate notes..

How has your day started? Hope well...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

See above post lol thanks for asking though. And you?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi  Joannad ,  if you feel worse since your last cut , would you consider bumping it up?

If you want to change your screen name , just message Alto directly.

Sorry it's so awful ,     Fresh

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Thanks Fresh..I'm not sure bumping it up..I had 5 days good two weeks ago and that was after my last 5% cut in jan, so it feels like this is right..haven't barely had an ok day in many yrs (get the violins out ha), but I've just messed myself up with different brand tabs and/or the liquid sert..and maybe the supplements and that coffee also.

Thanks for posting. Hope your well.

Thinking of you. ((Hugs))

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

((((Jo)))) sending you hugs for a good day today.

((((Jo)))) sending you hugs for a good day today.

Same from here ((((Jo))))

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

See above post lol thanks for asking though. And you?

I feel strange. So often hope I will wake up from this "night-mare"...

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

((((Jo)))) I see a pattern with all of us. Exhaustion, despair, worse, and now we're going to improve this month.

Thanks you two..I'm going to wait a week on this dose of liquid sertraline and then maybe updose very slowly..see if it will relieve something, not high just a little..I think..oh I don't know really what to do but I think I may try this and try and stabilise at a slightly higher dose..

((((Jo)))) do what you have to do to survive this. But always ask yourself the question: Do I feel desperate enough to updose? I don't know anything about reinstating or updosing. I'm not on anything for 4 months. If you feel in your gut that you want to try an updose, you can always go back down if it doesn't work. Throwing hugs and love your way.

Thanks pug xx

Thinking of you x

The only way out is through.

Aug 2013 - Augmentin leading to akathisia

Sept-Nov 2013 - Citalopram 20mg, severe reaction, off at 5mg. Valium 4mg, prn

Oct 2013 - 5 zopiclone tablets, 7.5mg

End Nov 2013-end Feb 2014, Seroquel, top dose 150mg, off at 25mg

End Nov 2013-early march 2014, Zoloft 100mg top dose, off at 25mg

End Dec-2013-early April 2014, lorazepam 1mg prn

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - 1mg lorazepam, last ever

29 June 2014 - med free

So my plan is: wait on the liquid for a week, unless the muscle pain, de realisation is getting worse and then I will change over to dissolvable tablets. Then go up 10% wait 1-2 weeks see how things are and slowly go up until I'm seeing better stability.

excellent plan Jo!

Your cog fog is lifting. lol

Lol :P don't think so