LoveandLight: sertraline withdrawal

LoveandLight

I've only moved from this couch for maybe a few hrs today? Wth? Apathy and andhenoia is ridiculously bad.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

I'm where you are-it's hell.. xo

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Which bit DS?

And wth is this fever with the depression..it feel like everything is on fire.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Love, if you have to be on the "couch", that's ok. Don't feel guilty. Think of it as being  "healing".  I have had many "couch" days, through all of this and if that's what it takes, that's  fine.  I think if that's what your body needs, then go with it.  I'm just getting over the flu, on top of everything else and it's been  sooo tiring. I gave in & didn't push myself, and I think if you can do that , it's actually better in the long run.   Take care of yourself. Hugs,  Ali.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

I had awful depression yesterday,felt kinda feverish also,then it suddenly lifted as I was getting dinner ready(sometimes it seems like moving around can help?) slept well and woke up still feeling pretty good.( fingers crossed).

hang in there,it will get better. xoxo

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Glad you feel good DS, I can't remember when I could say I felt good...wow that was a really really awful wave..one of the worst it turned into..pacing and hand-wringing, severely depressed and the lot, burning and suicidal.. easing up now Thank God!

glad it's easing up, L&L xo

Thank you..

As I have mentioned, my life circumstances are total crap..in this moment, I don't see a future. I cannot see any good life circumstances happening, like being able to hold down a job or be social and I feel hopeless and despair, as I cannot get well enough to change the situation, but I think this is still neuro emotions..when I feel ok (few and far between), I'm not that bothered about my life circumstances, just so flipping happy to have respite..but then it all starts again..round and round in circles.

I hear you, I feel like crap too. I wish this WD could just magically disappear. 

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

Yep..I know. Don't think you'll take so long to stabilise as me Blu..I was stupid and was adjusting my dose for ages..

I know.it's maddening but you're young and have plenty of time to have afulfilling and happy life.don't give up,maybe things will get better when you're able to start tapering off.have you ever felt stabilized since re-instating?why did you updose to 21.5?do you think you've changed doses too often? I think you need to hold longer maybe than what youhave been.what do you think?

As I have mentioned, my life circumstances are total crap..in this moment, I don't see a future. I cannot see any good life circumstances happening, like being able to hold down a job or be social and I feel hopeless and despair, as I cannot get well enough to change the situation, but I think this is still neuro emotions..when I feel ok (few and far between), I'm not that bothered about my life circumstances, just so flipping happy to have respite..but then it all starts again..round and round in circles.

I understand how you feel LoveAndLight! I've been there in the past for circumstances not related to antidepressants. My future looked (objectively, not just subjectively) so dark, I thought I would never in 1000 years do anything positive with my life. And wham, 7 years later everything was mostly sunshine. 

I think retrospectively, it was this awful time that made me fight twice as hard as other people. Now I know that, no matter how desperate a situation looks, be it subjectively induced by neuro emotions or even objectively, we will always struggle our way out. Believe me, in 5 years you'll have the most beautiful life and you'll appreciate it so much because you know how different it can be. 

Feb 2015 Took venlafaxine for 5 days only... experienced withdrawal that made me completely non-functional

Mar 2015 took under 1mg of Sertraline for 10 days in an attempt to combat Venlafaxine withdrawal. Got adverse reactions. 

After stopping Sertraline, withdrawal got much worse. New, horrific symptoms. 

June 2015 Still non-functional but slowly getting better. Still brain zaps, migraines, sweating, heart racing, depression, crying spells

September 2015: 24/7 brain zaps, twitches in the face, no concentration, bad memory, language skills deteriorating. 

Profile feed: http://goo.gl/3g2GRn

Sign this petition for a blackbox warning on Prozac in Ireland:

https://www.change.org/p/leo-varadakar-hpra-the-lack-of-a-blackbox-warning-on-prozac-in-ireland-and-its-use-by-the-hse-in-under-18-s?recruiter=63289046&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_for_starters_page&utm_term=des-lg-no_src-no_msg

Thanks guys..

Omg just in torture..I moved out of parents..they are moving also at the end of the week..moving triggered severe derealisation, depersonalisation, terror, depression, racing mind constantly, cortisol, extreme panic but in the worst of it.

My poor parents I was meant to be working for them this week now I'm putting more of a burden on them..I'm terrified to be alone so I'm hanging out at their house during the day being totally useless and having panic attacks..

Just cannot calm down at all..bit it defo just withdrawal symptoms although I use the word 'just' lightly.

Torture!

And insomnia and awful thoughts images...urgh

Love, It's too much  !  Just breathe.  Try & be calm, and don't think too much.  Just be. Don't worry about your parents, and all that. They're fine.  Look after yourself. That's the most important thing.  I think you're getting "ramped up" over other people, including your parents, which is causing a "wave". I understand, as I've been there too.  Just try and "dis-connect" from the emotional turmoil.  Control your thoughts.    Hugs,  Ali.   xx

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

so sorry,Love,hang on-wish I could help somehow ((((L&L))))

suffering badly,too :(

Thank you, I cannot read much..being triggered in an awful wave..it has somewhat settled by got up this morning after being awake since 2.30am..like on fire..awful toxic feeling in me and depersonalisation so bad I felt I was turned inside out..nothing made sense..didn't know where I was if my body was standing up or sitting down..i have never experienced it this bad and frightening before -normal for WD? Horror and dread all day

Thank you laura and everyone will reply when I can. Thinking of you all on here xx

The already feeling of isolation and no job, friends is just awful in this..in better moments I can see this situation when I'm well can improve but in waves..wow it feels awful and totally hopeless.

(((L&L)))  So sorry that you're having to experience this.  Its like nothing else----I'm in the same place today with the DP---Just hate it when I have these dissociative feelings--totally ungrounded, huh?  Awful.  You have had some good days and you will again and I know that you know that.  Hold on to that hope.  xoxoxo

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

Thanks Selma..moving really set me off yes totally ungrounded.. Xx

• Moderator Emeritus

LoveandLight:

I'm sorry.  I don't really have anything original to say, because everyone here has already done such a good job.  Please hang in there.

*I'm not a doctor and don't give medical advice, just personal experience
**Off all meds since Nov. 2014. Mentally & emotionally recovered; physically not
-Dual cold turkeys off TCA & Ativan in Oct 2014. Prescribed from 2011-2014

-All meds were Rxed off-label for an autoimmune illness.  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but I did not find out until AFTER meds caused damage.  All med tapers/cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline May 2012 - Dec 2013. Cold turkey off nortrip & cold switched to desipramine

-Desipramine Jan 2014 - Oct. 29, 2014 (rapid taper/cold turkey)

-Lorazepam 1 mg per night during 2011
-Lorazepam 1 mg per month in 2012 (or less)

-Lorazepam on & off, Dec 2013 through Aug 2014. Didn't exceed 3x a week

-Lorazepam again in Oct. 2014 to help get off of desipramine. Last dose lzpam was 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Immediate paradoxical reactions to benzos after stopping TCAs 

-First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs too stupid to figure it out. On desipramine, muscle tremors & rigidity worsened

-Two weeks after I got off all meds, I developed full-blown TD.  Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7: hair falling out; no vision improvement; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8: back to acute, incl. Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9: tardive dystonia worse, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat
-Month 13: Back to acute, brain zaps back, developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs now damaged
-7 years off: Huge improvements, incl. improved dystonia

((((Love))))

Putting my arm around you and hugging you close.

You'll get further away from the initial shock of the move each day, then things will settle down again.

Love Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Thanks all lot better that wave was absolutely torturous.

How do you deal with the trauma of this..I'm really shaken up..feeling better but really shaken.

Interesting what you say, Laura..I think if I could be at peace i would be so grateful. I have a lot of catching up to do though the last 8 years have been at a standstill.. In my better moments I do feel excited to think what I could do..study, travel, work, projects and relationships when I'm better. I did think I wanted to go into some sort of support work - housing support (after all I have first hand experience of homelessness through this drug mess) or even mental health but I think after this I want to be as far away from this twisted system as possible. Maybe campaign or raise awareness but I don't think I could see people suffering like this and relive the trauma of it.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Love.

Sorry you were put through the wringer the past few days.  The stress of a move and all the attendant things is surely enough to blow a fragile CNS through the roof! It's really hard when you have things you HAVE to do when all you really feel up to doing is curling up in a ball and licking your wounds.  Hopefully, you are pulling out of this and you will have a period of improvement.

Thoughts are with you during this stressful period,

Hang in there,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Hi Love, I'm with you in the waves. Horrible last couple of days, just torture. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better now. 

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

Hi Love, my thoughts are with you.  You're so strong. You will make it through.    Many hugs. 

So I'm embaressed to be posting this and I probably should be also.

I sincerely apologise for not heeding the advice on this site, it wasn't my intention to waste anyone's time.

So I should have heeded the advice in March to stay at my dose of 12.5mg but after reacting to liquid sertraline, and hardly having any windows and still on the drug..I updosed again and gain then found it was too much and went through months of panic trying to find the right dose to stabilise on. I stayed at 21.5mg for a month then went to 19mg where with stress I hit severe derealisation so back to 21.5mg..nearly every day horrible..racing thoughts, heavy heavy anhendonia, rage and this week the suffering immense that I was so suicidal..I really feared for my life..like an impulse..

I thought of changing gradually to prozac as the thought of feeling terrible on this drug, not stabilising and still having to taper and having hellish waves did not want..but such was my state of mind of sat and feeling that this is going to kill me anyway that I just took a 20mg prozac..have taken for three days..more burning pains, better mentally (although frightened at what I've done to myself) but insomnia..I remember I felt this clear headed and insomnia back in oct before I crashed,,

So I'm really afraid now of adverse reaction to prozac and the sertraline withdrawals..

Any advice..this time I will be heeding it.

Again, apologies for not following the original advice. I was trying to speed things up but well that has not worked..

I was panicking that I want stabilising quicker and becoming functional but I've achieved the opposite by constantly reacting to symptoms with dose change.

so sorry you're in this desperate situation,Ican understand you just wanting to get relief from this hell.

we're only human after all,we make mistakes.

hopefully you'll get this straightened out and get back on track.

hang in there. XOXO

L&L,

Drop the Prozac, IMHO. You were doing better. Reread your previous posts.

Love, Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Hi pug, I seem mentally better with the prozac but yeah only been three days and very scared of adverse reaction..took it at the time as didn't think things could be worse..I'm unsure..

I'm not even sure if I was to go back on sertraline what dose I would go to..I've been panicking for about a few months going up and down inbetween 30mg and 21mg trying to find the right dose. I know that I'd like to never again experience the hell of sat but I also know that things could get much worse..

Yep..it's total crap on the drug but I'm horrified at tapering for years feeling this bad.

Thanks guys.

I can't believe what a mess I've made..

Dropped 20mg of sert for 20mg of prozac on sat but then wonder if I should try and stick it out..

Your wave was situational due to your moving event. If you are going to do a crossover, ask one of the mods to help. Please don't just add another drug.

Polydrugging will make things more difficult for you eventually from all the threads I've read. Stick with one drug or the other, okay?

Love, Pug

Could one of the mods have a look please? Wonder to take the prozac tomorow..don't want to risk adverse reaction..as well as sert withdrawal..

Thank you so much. I do appreciate it and I will take heed.