LoveandLight: sertraline withdrawal

LoveandLight

Thank Ada..feeling really stupid about the whole darn thing! But thank you..

My sinuses feel weird, feel allergic..maybe getting paranoid, I do not know but think my chest/ throat feels tight..will monitor.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Thanks Ada hug x

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

My head is minced could it be anything to do with opening the capsules and taking the powder that has anything to do with these symptoms..can't focus enough to try and find out..whole head is numb

do not worry loveandlight, sooner or later everything will be ok. I give you a lot of hugs.

raul

history:

2004-2009: paroxetine 20 mg.

may 2009 to december 2009: mirtazapine 30 mg

january 2010-july 2010: prozac 20 mg

september 2010-december 2011: escitalpram 10 mg and march 2012 to december 2012: escitalopram 15 mg

march 2013-16 june 2014: venlafaxine 75 mg: cold turkey

6th september 2014 escitalopram 10 mg tapering it in 1 mg /month until june 2015: tapering made in 6 months but have no respected 10% result: w/d symptoms  

20 july 2015 reinstated 5 mg escitalopram and decided when stable to taper only 10%/month. I also take Mg, fish oil, vit C, E and multivitaminic with minerals,. Increase to 6 mg escitalopram on 14th august. Increase to 7 mg on 23th august, with 1 mg klonopin to help sleep. Updose to 10 mg on 28th august ( because of horrible depression and suicidal), and pray i made a good choice.

Thanks Raul but you will get electric shocked from me if you do that

So it says here do not break open extended release capsule http://www.rxlist.com/prozac-drug/patient-how-to-take.htm

I have capsules but it does not say extended release..

Don't beat yourself up. You are very brave. The weird feeling in your sinuses, throat and chest could be a reaction to pollen. Are there a lot of flowers blooming where you are? It could also be your body getting used to the Prozac. Whatever it is I just know it will pass soon.

I thing when we make changes, sometimes we look at every little thing that happens to us. That's normal not paranoid.

2001-04 Polypharmacy to include Paxil,Celexa, Risperdal, Seroquel, Depakote, Ambien, Geodon, Valium, Ativan, Haldol

03/04-11/04 Abilify

11/04-05/07 CT Abilify Non symptomatic

6/07 took Valium, began to experience altered reality and physical symptoms of withdrawal from Valium.

07/08. Abilify 2 mg, 12/08 Abilify 1 mg, 03/09 Abilify 0 mg, 03/08-06/11Altered reality but fully functional

10/12 hospitalized, Invega Depot, 2 shots discontinued, severe insomnia

6/14-10/14 flexeril, discontinued, developed insomnia; 10/14 10 mg Doxepin I week, no help with insomnia; 10/14 Remeron for two days, paradoxical reaction

Present Risperdal 1mg, clonazepam 2 mg, Restoril 15 mg. Went from .5 to 1 to 1.5 to 2mg of clonazepam in 2014. Also in 2014, tapered from 2 mg risperdal to 1.5 (fairly slowly but still too fast) and had to up dose back to 2 mg. Got liquid risperdal and started from 2 mg again.

Nope I don't tend to get allergies like that anymore but I feel allergic to everything http://www.ismp.org/tools/donotcrush.pdf. So I think it might be my problem - under prozac and fluoxetine "enteric coated"

Don't have any liquid for tomorow - I can request some though and there is no tablets I can get a hold of. What to take tomorow?

Sorry alto I did see your suggestion about 15mg but saw your comment too late..

• Administrator

Why do you think 15alto?

Slept sat, sun night after taking fluoxetine, now no sleep..3 nights. I take my dose in the morning.

Because it sounds like 20mg fluoxetine is too stimulating for you.

Instructions on how to titrate your dose (take small amounts): Tips for tapering off Prozac (fluoxetine)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Started to feel quite good last night apart from the itching. Managed to sleep on and off and woke up with no symptoms.

• Moderator Emeritus

WOO-HOO , most promising L&L.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

Lol thanks but just to put a spanner in the works the itchiness has come back lol

Waking with no symptoms is good, Love. Itch or no itch.  LOL.  :)  What dose are you on, now ?

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Lol Ali. Yeah or just waking up having slept is a start ;) I'm on 10mg prozac..

How are you? :) xx

That's great !   Is it Midday there?  9.10 pm here. Just getting ready for a full night of " no  sleep".  " Torturous" !!    I'm very up & down.  I can't keep up with myself. LOL. :unsure:  Have a good "rest of the day".  Hugs,  Ali .

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Lol Ali you make me laugh..

Sorry about the insomnia..but you never know. Do you stay in bed or get up. The 3 nights in a row that could not sleep I stayed in bed most of it..I thought I got no sleep but someone told me there is different stages of sleep..so even although you think you might have gotten no sleep or just 5 minutes it cOuld be different than it seems,,will dig out the thing bout stages of sleep.

Although obviously if you don't stay in bed or as I was up on the computer and the phone all night then I can safely say, no I didn't sleep lol!

X

Yes Ali..midday here..

Having a support worker around to help. I arranged this when I was really really unwell but I'm able to manage now for the moment. What a difference a week makes.

No , No, I couldn't stay in bed.  I usually "hop" on here, or watch some movies. I'm a movie "buff".  If I stayed in bed , I'd die of boredom.  Also the symptoms would "overwhelm" me.   I try to stay calm, and not let it "freak" me out.  Patience, is the key.

Very good Ali starting to get some enjoyment back,.looking forward to a good movie..

Yayy Love !!  That's such a good sign.  What  sort (genre) do you like ?  Let's think of some good , uplifting movies for you.

Yeah Love and Light! I'm happy you're feeling better. The whole tone of your posts has changed and this is good, this is very good. You don't sound panicked anymore. I hope you continue to stabilize and feel better and better. Also happy to hear you are sleeping; I'm sure that's a relief after 3 nights of no sleep.

Be well my friend and be gentle with yourself. Enjoy your movie!

2001-04 Polypharmacy to include Paxil,Celexa, Risperdal, Seroquel, Depakote, Ambien, Geodon, Valium, Ativan, Haldol

03/04-11/04 Abilify

11/04-05/07 CT Abilify Non symptomatic

6/07 took Valium, began to experience altered reality and physical symptoms of withdrawal from Valium.

07/08. Abilify 2 mg, 12/08 Abilify 1 mg, 03/09 Abilify 0 mg, 03/08-06/11Altered reality but fully functional

10/12 hospitalized, Invega Depot, 2 shots discontinued, severe insomnia

6/14-10/14 flexeril, discontinued, developed insomnia; 10/14 10 mg Doxepin I week, no help with insomnia; 10/14 Remeron for two days, paradoxical reaction

Present Risperdal 1mg, clonazepam 2 mg, Restoril 15 mg. Went from .5 to 1 to 1.5 to 2mg of clonazepam in 2014. Also in 2014, tapered from 2 mg risperdal to 1.5 (fairly slowly but still too fast) and had to up dose back to 2 mg. Got liquid risperdal and started from 2 mg again.

Thanks. Horrible anxiety today, hot, head fizzing, trying to tell myself it will pass and distraction as much as possible..

• Administrator

Did you reduce to 15mg Prozac?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

No, I read what you wrote about reducing after I had done it..had been on 10mg since 5/8. Went up to 15mg today and no plans to change for a few weeks and reassess..woke up with anxiety..

• Administrator

I apologize, I thought you were still on 20mg. I would give 10mg more time if I were you, at least a week before you evaluate what it's doing.

Ooh just changed sig,.I went up to 15mg today :(

So back down to 10mg tomorow?

• Administrator

When did you take the 15mg? How are you feeling now?

I took 15mg this morning..

Woke up with anxiety, still anxious 'hot, strange feeling in my head'. Although I did have this a few years ago In acute sertraline withdrawal. But not much when attempting this latest sert. Withdrawal.

• Administrator

How many hours since you took it? How are you feeling now?

7.5 hours ago. I'm very anxious and hot feeling but I woke up like that too.

• Administrator

I would go back to 10mg and give that a week to see what it does.

Ok thank you.

A lot of muscle pain in thighs..I think muscle pain anyway but feels quite sharp..I had this in sert WD but not as bad as now..

• Administrator

Do you do a lot of sitting?

Chiropractic, acupuncture, physical therapy, massage might help. Have you tried Epsom salts baths?

I have done a lot of sitting the past few weeks but feeling bit better so..walk, yoga..

Don't have a bath for Epsom salts but may get magnesium spray.

Chiropractor..I have one almost next door so this may be good.

Thanks!