Frustrated: Feeling disheartened

Frustrated

Of course I care deeply about you, Frustrated. You're my little buddy.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frustrated

• luv2knit

• Pugknows

• Wildflower0214

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a God send Pug. The Lord has put you in my path and I thank him for it. I truly hope you get healing soon.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

I wish that more than anything for all of us. Months 4 and 5 were pure torture. Am praying month 6 will be my month. I think this month will be yours too. It might not have started out great, but that doesn't mean it won't end great. Love you oodles.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

The mental stuff is so much worse than the physical, isn't it? It's all anxiety. Pure and simple. Look at the symptoms for what they are: Temporary.

The mental stuff is far worse than the physical. I will try to remember that this too will pass but it is sooooooooo hard when I feel so tortured. This anxiety crap truly sucks. I find it hard to look at my doctor now because I am so angry. I have no respect for the medical profession any more. They are doing harm so they are going against the very credo they swore to. First DO NOT HARM!

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

This is just me, but usually when I have a paradoxical reaction to something, it takes a few days for it to build up to the point I KNOW something is definitely wrong. Usually 2-5 days. I think I'm starting to recognize it sooner now--more like a day or two. If that is what's happening with me now, though--I didn't put it together for 3 days--possibly because I had all my typical symptoms BESIDES the headache. Without that, I didn't make the connection

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Hmmmmm Luv maybe the percocet set me off then. I started this mental rollercoaster a few days after the percocet. Can it cause a whole week of horror from one pill? Unless it is the perk and the mag. Ugh. I will switch the mag back and stop the perk and see. How long before things improve if it is a reaction? Thanks for helping me guys.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Yeah, I don't know about the Percocet--and especially just one. I do know it's very strong. Whenever I've had a reaction, it's been something I'm taking once or twice a day. My symptoms usually go back to "normal" within about 3 days. That's just me, though.

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Percocet is oxycodone versus what I took which was hydrocodone. The difference between the two opiates is that hydro leaves your body through your urine and doesn't touch your organs. Oxycodone, on the other hand, gets in your organs and slowly leeches out. This would account for how you are feeling poorly after one pill a few days/wks later.

If you need a rescue pill for pain in the future, ask for Flexiril. It is skeletal and does not cross the CNS.

Ok Luv I will switch the mag back to glycinate because I am taking the other one twice a day.

Thx Pug I will remember that.

Pray this makes a difference. If it does I will never take that supplement again.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Back to the basics we go, Frustrated. I think we're on the right track.

Well I took the mag glycinate last night.  My stomach was crampy but it was like that previously when taking this mag.  This morning I actually made it to Walmart and back which is good.  Not feeling great but not feeling worse either.  I will keep taking this magnesium and see if my symptoms are relieved.   Intrusive thoughts and doom still sticking around but I made it to Walmart so I am able to work through it today.  Man I pray this works.  I need my brain back.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Good for you, Frustrated. If you're stomach feels crampy, chew on a couple antacid tablets. I chew Gasicon antacids. I also take Tagamet.

Natural Calm might be easier on your stomach than magnesium tablets. It's a powder you make into a drink and sip throughout the day. Available on Amazon.

Good idea Pug I will look into that.  You likely absorb more drinking it in small amounts throughout the day as well.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

And it's easier on the tummy.

Just ordered natural calm on Amazon Pug. It will be here next week and I will give it a go.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Very good, Frustrated. Please I need your prayers badly right now.

Absolutely Pug. I am always praying for you.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Well I am a couple of days back on the glycinate>  I came off the jigsaw mag on Friday.  I think that although I am still having the intrusive thoughts they are not as constant.  I am having blocks of time without obssessing over them.  So I think going off the jigsaw mag might be helping.  I will be trying the original Natural Calm when it arrives and will be spacing out 350 mg in three doses during the day.  I am praying with time my mental ninjas will disappear completely.  Too much to ask for?  Maybe but one can hope.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Excellent, ((((Frustrated)))). Hugging you close and praying for you. Pug

I hope it for you.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Muscle pain soooooo bad in legs! Four days off the jigsaw and I am dying again. But the jigsaw makes me ramp up and gives me anxiety and intrusive thoughts. This is the universe's sick joke. This vitamin will take your pain aways but it will make you anxious and mental. I just want to cry!

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Hugs to you, ((((Frustrated)))). My regular magnesium chelated came today. Think I'm going to take 400mg tonight. The anxiety and akathisia today has been really bad after not taking mag last night. Where does this anxiety come out of nowhere?

I took a Lactium. Didn't calm me at all.

Have you tried Doctor's Best chelated mag, Frustrated? I have ulcers and have to be really careful. It doesn't bother my stomach.

No I haven't Pug. I am taking glycinate right now. 200mg morning and night. But it doesn't seem to help. I don't know why the jigsaw helped but it ramped me up. Maybe the time release is the magical trick. I think the active folate was the issue because I take b12 already. I will try the natural calm first and see of it helps.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Hope you find something that helps soon, Frustrated. ((Hugs))

Thanks Luv, me too.  still waiting for natural calm to come.  Took a jigsaw last night to see if it would ramp me back up and so far I am ok.  Weird.  Hope we all find relief soon before we go insane from constant suffering.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Yes, me too. My sanity is questionable right now.

Yes, me too. My sanity is questionable right now.

Ya mine too.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Frustrated, how are you? Are you a bit better?  I think you are also in a very hard situation.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

I am hanging in Martina.  Still waiting for my magnesium to come and so I have been taking some of the magnesium I still have here.  Hopefully it doesn't cause an issue because it is different kinds.  Cannot go with no magnesium at all.  Still having leg pain and muscle twitches.  The intrusive thoughts have been less but I am not sure if it was the percocet that set me off or the jigsaw magnesium.  I have been taking one jigsaw in the morning the last 2 days to see if the thoughts come back.  So far I am a bit tense and jittery but my thoughts have been fairly ok.  So the jigsaw I think may be ramping me up.  How have you been?  I hope you are coping ok.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

I am still living, something more positive I can not say about that. But it is good.that the thoughts lessened by you.

symptoms OCD

Well I have taken one jigsaw every morning for the last few days and I have noticed that my leg pain has once again decreased but my intrusive thoughts and anxiety have increased. Clearly something in the supplement is ramping my mental symptoms and something is helping my physical pain. It has magnesium malate, malic acid, active folate and b6, b12, and a small amount of vit c. What is helping and what is hurting? I am thinking of buying malic acid and taking it with the natural calm when it decides to show up. If the malic acid doesn't cause a similar decrease in pain then I am not sure. Maybe get magnesium malate. How frustrating. Finally find something to decrease my pain and it is causing disturbing mental symptoms. So done with the crap!

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)