Frustrated: Feeling disheartened

Frustrated

So glad you were able to make it! Congrats to you and your daughter!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frustrated

• luv2knit

• Pugknows

• Wildflower0214

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx Ali and Luv. I am very proud of her. I have decided to share some positive things in my life instead of always the horrible negative things that plague me every day. Thanks for being supportive. I do have some things to be thankful for.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

nice to see some happy news!

congrats

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Thx Dire. Appreciated. Figured I would add something happy as a change of pace.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Haven't updated my symptoms lately so hear it goes.  Beginning to notice alot of tension and pain in my neck and shoulders this week.  Also dizzy spells and weakness in my arms and legs.  Hands keep going numb on me too.  Weird crap all week.  My legs have been less sore although never pain free.  I have noticed on this candida diet (although I do eat fruit) that I am seeing new symptoms like sore throat and glands and cramping so maybe it is actually doing something.  Still have the bladder issues that come and go in severity, and the intrusive thoughts that come and go, although less often lately.  Tingling and burning all over my body remains and comes and goes.  Nausea and anxiety and chest pressure comes and goes in spells.  I also get the low blood sugar symptoms even though I do not have low blood sugar like the jitters and shakes and anxiety etc...  My blood sugars have actually been going down on this new diet so that is one good thing.  6.9 this morning which is wonderful for me.  I do believe that I am better than I was 6 months ago but I am nowhere near where I though I would be approaching the year mark.  Continue to be very frustrated and down about my slow progress which is why I am trying new diets and continuing with supplements in case there are other things contributing to my issues.

Hope and pray and wish for healing for all of us!

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Really burning badly today in legs and feet and arms and neck. Not sure what brought it on. Driving me nuts. Hands keep going numb too. Ugh! JUST STOP!

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Sorry, Frustrated. The numbness/going to sleep goes along with the burning for me. It went away at one point, but returned over a month ago. Even my ears burn :(

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

I have never noticed whether the numbness comes with the burning Luv, but it may. Either way it sucks. I wake up at night and I have to shake my hands because they are numb and tingling. On top of that my neck is right stiff and sore and that is driving me nuts.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

I have a certain degree of numbness residual from my TM, but this is much worse. Some times it is just numbness, and sometimes literally going to sleep, and for me, with the deficits I already have, it can cause difficulty walking for me. Most of the time, it is not that severe. I also have back pain, and sometimes neck pain, but I think these are two separate issues for me. Again, this is something that had returned, after pretty much going away at one point.

I can't tell one issue from another anymore honestly. I had fibro issues before but I was highly functioning. The muscle issues and numbness etc now is far far worse than anything I suffered previously as well. I don't function now and I am stressed and paranoid about my symptoms now which I never had before.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Yeah, I definitely understand. It pretty much went away for me before, and I'm sure it will again. I'm sure it will for you too! Hang in there, Frustrated. Unfortunately, it looks like we have to go through this to get to the other side.

Wow don't know what is up with me but my chest is tight and my breathing is off and my heart is pounding and I am right nauseous. Been going on all afternoon. Started a one a day multi five days ago. Could that be it or would it have set me off right away? Too scary! Stop please!

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Not sure--but multi-vitamins contain so many different things. If you're sensitive at all, that could definitely do it. It often takes a few days (2-3 at least) for me. Hope this passes, and you figure it out!

Thanks for answering Luv. You are so nice to me. Perhaps I will can the multi and see if It eases. Ugh! I bought the multi because my diet is always low in iron and zinc and I don't want a deficiency. Maybe I can buy them seperately.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

If in question, and you tend to be sensitive, separate is best. Then you know which thing you reacted to at least. Unlike most people, I love liver, and try to eat it at least once a week (for iron).

For zinc--lean beef, poultry, dairy, and nuts are good sources. (Ok--I had to look that one up... Lol)

I enter my food into cronometer every day and it gives you a breakdown of vitamins and minerals and fats and carbs and protein and omega 6 and 3. I always come in at about 30 percent iron and 45 percent zinc. Maybe I will buy them seperately and see if it makes a difference.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

So frustrating when you can't even take a multi. What is the matter with me? If you recall I had an issue with the jigsaw supplement as well and had to stop taking it. Is my body going to be like this forever now?

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

I hope not--cause I am sensitive to EVERYTHING!

Lol seems I as well Luv.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Well I went off my diet the other day and said screw it and ate whatever I wanted and yesterday was HORRIBLE.  I was in so much pain I could hardly move my arms and legs and I have pain in my stomach and nausea.  I think it seems clear that what I am eating is definitely affecting me to some extent.  Not sure if it is sensitivity related or candida related but it is a fact all the same.  I think gluten and dairy( with the exception of kefir or yogourt) will have to be removed indefinitely as well as most sugars(except fruit).Ugh.  Why can't I just be normal?

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Ugh indeed :( At least now you know, though.

Food has made me sick as a dog! One bite can start a wave that lasts for weeks!

So sorry you are stuck with this. I think it improves with time. I pray it does. Xo

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Thanks WF. Me too. I have been very stressed with a sick mom and money issues lately as well so I am sure that stress isn't helping either. It has caused me to eat terribbly the last week or so which is how I have come to notice the change is affecting me. I will tighten the diet back up and see if things settle down.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

I pray it improves for you!! Xo

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

I hope being back on the diet helps. I guess falling off gave you some information at least.

I've thrown caution to the wind lately when it comes to my diet too. I'm sick of eating in such a restricted way. My body is rewarding me with hives. I guess that's better than pain, though annoying.

I just came from the chiropractor. She gave me a recipe that dancers she's treated use for pain. In the bathtub, put:

1 cup epsom salts

1 cup hydrogen peroxide

1 cup baking soda

She recommended trying ice for the back pain. Ugh...the idea of ice on my back is not that appealing. But heat doesn't seem to help..and if inflammation is part of the cause, heat can sometimes increase it. I'll reluctantly try it.

Hang in there. How are things going with your blood sugar?

I wanted to mention that anytime my blood sugar overall has declined, I tend to get more shaky and other symptoms...also, I'm very influenced by how fast it drops..sometimes more than the amount. When I was first diagnosed, my A1C was around 11%. No one told me I should take time to bring it down to normal. In 3 months, I brought it down to the 6% region..and I felt like total crap. Adjusting to new blood sugar levels isn't easy..and probably even more so in wd.

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

I get shaky too when my blood sugars are lower. Lately they have been up in the 8s because of my diet but I will get it together again. With mom being in and out of the hospital all month I have been worrying myself into an early grave and eating like crap.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Well tomorrow is the last day of June which means that I am officially at the year off Paxil mark. How do I feel you ask? Like sh!? I decided today that I could not take the bladder issue and burning anymore so I tried a tiny amount of premarin on the area thinking if it was low estrogen it would eventually help. Well it helped within an hour to my amazement BUT Within an hour I also had leg pain beyond withstandable. Can a pea sized amount of estrogen cream really cause such horrid pain or is it just coinsidental? My legs were not bad all morning until an hour after that cream. Wtf? I cannot win. Guess I need to find another answer to the burning and bladder issue. SO ONE YEAR OFF AND FEELING AS CRAPPY AS EVER! Yay me!

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

((((Frustrated)))) Congratulations on your year off Paxil. That's wonderful, even though you don't feel like you want to feel just yet. I thought you were still tapering, which proves that my mind is definitely not what it used to be. Pompoms flying in the air for your anniversary! Love, Pug.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

I reinstated 1 mg in December. I am on 0.2 mg now. I have went off 20 mg of Paxil a year ago. I count it as a year off because I have been off 20 mg for a year now. The 1 mg was to alleviate symptoms but didnt work.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Oh, Okay. Pompoms still flying for your year off 20mg of Paxil. You are going to be good as gold in no time. I know it doesn't seem like it, but pretty soon the issues will start peeling off, one by one. We will all make it someday, sweetheart, in spite of how we feel today. I'm happy to keep you company on this road trip through hell.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Glad for your company Pug. Oh how I've missed you!

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Thanks, Darlin'. I've been keeping up with you every day, watching over you, praying for you. I've just been too sick to post anything but doom and gloom and nobody needs to hear about my boo hoos. If my loving thoughts and prayers can help pull us out of this, then we'll be healed very soon.

Haha noone wants to hear my doom and gloom either but I AM WHINING ABOUT IT ANYWAY! My doctor doesn't care to help me and my kids don't know how to help me so guess this is my only outlet.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

We all love you dearly and you are not whining. Whining is something people do when life is not so great at the moment.

Life right now is torture and if the only thing you do is whine a little, you're a hero and a brave warrior in my eyes.

Haha noone wants to hear my doom and gloom either but I AM WHINING ABOUT IT ANYWAY! My doctor doesn't care to help me and my kids don't know how to help me so guess this is my only outlet.

If it helps you to vent, then that's all that matters!

I'm afraid there's nothing I can suggest to help your situation... but I see that it's your one year mark. And you are still here! Which means you haven't been defeated. Keep on grindin', you'll get through it. :)

Effexor XR:

July 2008: 150mg | June 24 2015: 145mg | July 28 2015: 130.5mg | Sept 4 2015: 117mg | Nov 10 2015: 105mg

Jan 24 2016: 94.5mg | Feb 28 2016: 85mg | Mar 27 2016: 76.5mg | Apr 28 2016: 69mg | Aug 14 2016: 62mg

Jan 19 2017: 56mg | Feb 21 2017: 50mg | Mar 30 2017: 36mg | Apr 2 2017: 45mg | Sep 1 2019: 27.5mg

April 9 2020: 25.2mg | Oct 30 2021: 16.9mg | Apr 1 2023: 15.2mg | May 1 2023: 13.7mg | May 31 2023: 12.3mg

July 1 2023: 11.1mg | Aug 1st 2023: 10mg | Sep 25 2023: 9mg | Oct 25 2023: 8.1mg

Vitamins & Supplements:

MegaFood Women's Postnatal Vitamin | Metagenix D3 5000 IU | Floradix Liquid Iron