Frustrated: Feeling disheartened

Frustrated

Went to the naturopath yesterday. She faxed my doctor's office to get copies of every bloodtest scan and culture for the last 2 years. She will go through all of it and fill in the blanks with the necessary tests. My doctor has only ever tested my thyroid level and she is worried about hashimotos with my degree of symptoms and hair loss. She also put me on curcumin for inflamation and pain although I haven't started that yet. This is going to be expensive but I hope it will get me answers. If I have other things happening over and above the withdrawals that can be treated it may help me feel more human.

My doctor is not going to be thrilled when he gets a fax asking for all my tests haha. About time someone went through all this mess and made some sense of it.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frustrated

• luv2knit

• Pugknows

• Wildflower0214

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear that Frustrated. I hope the naturopath helps. I also have curcumin at home - I read it's excellent for depression and inflammation. 

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

It sounds like the naturopath is thorough. Definitely crossing my fingers that she will find ways to help you. I think sometimes finally being heard and seen in itself can be a very good beginning. I'll be very interested to hear how curcumin works for you. I know a lot of people swear by it.

Will your doctor have a bruised ego, because another professional is actually interested and willing to make some effort to help you? Can't say I feel the least bit sorry for him...

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

I hope the curcumin does some good Blu. Thanks for stopping by.

Free, the doctor will think the whole thing is ridiculous and there goes the crazy patient again trying to find a problem where there is none. He just thinks I am crazy and it is all idiopathic.

Like I said to the naturopath "a fine tuned car does not break down". There is clearly something wrong with all my symptoms and my near baldness. I know some is WD related but not all of it. I just don't know what the issue is. Fibro just means you don't know what the issue is so you give it a title. My fibro has to be a defficiency or toxicity or thyroid or other illness.

I pray the naturopath finds the truth.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

I hope the curcumin does some good Blu. Thanks for stopping by.

Free, the doctor will think the whole thing is ridiculous and there goes the crazy patient again trying to find a problem where there is none. He just thinks I am crazy and it is all idiopathic.

Like I said to the naturopath "a fine tuned car does not break down". There is clearly something wrong with all my symptoms and my near baldness. I know some is WD related but not all of it. I just don't know what the issue is. Fibro just means you don't know what the issue is so you give it a title. My fibro has to be a defficiency or toxicity or thyroid or other illness.

I pray the naturopath finds the truth.

Forgive my language but F*** the doctor!

I look forward to hearing what the naturopath finds. That was definitely a step in the right direction!

Effexor XR:

July 2008: 150mg | June 24 2015: 145mg | July 28 2015: 130.5mg | Sept 4 2015: 117mg | Nov 10 2015: 105mg

Jan 24 2016: 94.5mg | Feb 28 2016: 85mg | Mar 27 2016: 76.5mg | Apr 28 2016: 69mg | Aug 14 2016: 62mg

Jan 19 2017: 56mg | Feb 21 2017: 50mg | Mar 30 2017: 36mg | Apr 2 2017: 45mg | Sep 1 2019: 27.5mg

April 9 2020: 25.2mg | Oct 30 2021: 16.9mg | Apr 1 2023: 15.2mg | May 1 2023: 13.7mg | May 31 2023: 12.3mg

July 1 2023: 11.1mg | Aug 1st 2023: 10mg | Sep 25 2023: 9mg | Oct 25 2023: 8.1mg

Vitamins & Supplements:

MegaFood Women's Postnatal Vitamin | Metagenix D3 5000 IU | Floradix Liquid Iron

I agree frustrated. Fibro, like depression, is often just a way to blame everything on something...without doing any investigation into what underlies the symptoms you're having. My old doc always looked at me sideways when I tried to talk about the benefits I'd experienced from qi gong or meditation. From his point of view, meds are the one and only answer. I have to say I agree with buggedout on the doctor. I won't even say forgive my language for thinking exactly the same thing.

It sounds like you found a very committed naturopath. Definitely hoping for you to find good answers and solutions..and sooner, rather than later.

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

Thanks for stopping by Buggedout and Free. I do have very negative feelings toward my doctor but I am terrified to change. I don't understand why my naturopath made a connection between my symptoms and possible Hashimotos yet my doctor has never tested more than my tsh levels. Surely if she knows you can have normal tsh and still have Hashimotos the doctor does. Why has he never tested my antibodies or free t3 and t4?

If I have Hashimotos and my doctor has left me suffering all these years I will be beside myself angry. My withdrawals may have looked alot different without all this extra crap going on. He probably put me on ADs for anxiety when I had thyroid issues all along. Ugh!

I don't see the naturopath again until Aug 20 th then I will have to pay for testing because it isn't through the doctor. This could take a long time to decipher and I am so fed up.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

I'm not sure how things are in Ontario, but here, the medical system will only pay for TSH testing...unless you meet other criteria for further testing. I probably have Hashimotos as well, since my mom did and it makes it more likely. I never felt my thyroid was adequately treated, because the levels docs consider acceptable is questioned by many. They are willing to treat you with a whack of AD, but fail to treat enough for thyroid.

I can imagine you'd be very angry to find out this or some other deficiency is really the source of your issues. These days, doctors (at least here) don't really think for themselves..they just follow the guidelines and refuse to look outside the box. They also seem to consider you a problem for not accepting their pat (and often wrong) answers. I ended up AD in the first place, because of having undiagnosed sleep apnea. You can bet I have some choice thoughts for the doc who refused to investigate that aspect. It also sucks when we have to pay for testing that is actually needed..and often, it happens for those who can least afford it.

Current Medications:

Mary Oliver

I am not sure if we are covered for more than TSH testing but I do know that if it is requested by a naturopath it has to be paid out of pocket. So I had to pay to speak to her then wait for my copies of previous testing to be faxed to her then pay to see her again then pay for additional testing then pay to see her about the results then likely pay her for treatment. I am on disability with three kids so I have no clue how I am paying for all this but I need answers and doctors are dummer than door knobs. I agree that those least likely to be able to afford these things are the ones who most need it.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

So pleased you are getting things checked out Frustrated. Hopefully the naturopath will discover something that can be treated and make your life much easier.

xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

Thanks Flowers for stopping by with well wishes. I pray she finds a reason for some of my issues and can treat them. I don't know what healthy is anymore. Between the withdrawals and this underlying issue I am always WAY less than my best.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

I'm sorry you're in this boat. I've struggled financially most of my life..it makes everything so much more difficult. You need help, but can't afford to pay for it. The "help" (and I use that term very loosely, since most of it is the opposite of help) that's available for free, you don't want. Ugh.

I just looked up the guidelines here for thyroid testing here. If you have elevated TSH, you are supposed to be followed up with free T4 test. That never happened for me, nor for my wife, nor for probably most people. So, doctors don't even follow the guidelines and just do whatever they want. If they have any intelligence, they sure aren't using it...which means, you end up paying to see someone else who can actually help you. Or, you end up on drugs you never needed in the first place.

Current Medications:

Mary Oliver

Glad the naturopath is checking things out! They put me on Synthroid and Zoloft at the same time 20 years ago. My doc had been testing Free T3 and T4, but did not this time. I wonder if it is because my insurance will not pay (?). I'm still just so angry, though, at my former doctor for being such an idiot!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

I would love to know why we are all having the same issues with clueless doctors. Who is training these people to be doctors that they are all so inept. The naturopaths seem to know far more about the human body than doctors do. They should be covered by OHIP and people who want to see normal doctors can pay lol. Maybe than people wouldn't continue to suffer needlessly. When I mentioned the issues coming off Paxil and how it is taking some time for my receptors to repair themselves and my brain to rewire itself, my naturopath nodded and agreed! WHAT! They ate more valuable than they are given credit for.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

I don't have a lot of experience with naturopaths in general--just the one I work with. Every single time I see him, he's reading up on something different or he's just come back from some conference or training. One of the main differences between him and the doctor, is that he's interested in my overall health. He wants to know how I'm doing on all fronts, not just physical. He recognizes the connection between body/mind/spirit and works from that. He listens, and does not immediately jump to the quick fix. We make decisions on treatment together. He's open to hearing my experience and what I'm discovering. He's humble. The doctor I've seen bears no resemblance to any of the above. So, who would I prefer to see?

I think there's a lot sorely lacking in medical schools. Pharma has way too much influence there too. Medicine has lost any semblance of humanity, for the most part. There are always a few exceptions to that. But what I saw through my wife's cancer treatment was shocking. I think our medical system in Canada is profoundly sick...and the patients are on the losing end of that sickness. Sorry for hijacking your thread for my rant....

Current Medications:

Mary Oliver

Haha it's all good. You are absolutely right Free.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

I would love to know why we are all having the same issues with clueless doctors. Who is training these people to be doctors that they are all so inept. The naturopaths seem to know far more about the human body than doctors do. They should be covered by OHIP and people who want to see normal doctors can pay lol. Maybe than people wouldn't continue to suffer needlessly. When I mentioned the issues coming off Paxil and how it is taking some time for my receptors to repair themselves and my brain to rewire itself, my naturopath nodded and agreed! WHAT! They ate more valuable than they are given credit for.

I agree!!! And I hope you find some answers!

My thoughts about doctors....that field draws a certain personality. The pompousness and inability to empathize are only trumped by the level of pridefullness they tend to posses.

They think they are God! They can't be corrected. They have barely a shred of humility and are so terrified by vulnerability that to admit they are wrong would be excruciating. They also tend to be so unbelievably controlling, that just the thought of actually taking anyone else's advice will drive them over the edge. They also don't listen. They act like they are, but they aren't. They are actually just waiting for you to stop and take a breath so they can tell you what they think.... Which of course is the only thing that really matters. Narcissim is an understatement.

Obviously, there are exceptions to all of this. Unfortunately, they are few and far between.

Rant over. lol

Love you! Xo prayers!

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

WF I could not agree with you more.  I have a father who was a police officer and has the same attitude.  He has calmed in his old age but not by much.  I have to go in to the doctor's office this week because I have a growth under my left breast that is really hurting now.  I had a mammogram last year and all was well so I don't know what the growth is but I need to know if I can do anything about it even if it isn't cancer because it is bothering me.  I will try to see the nurse instead because I don't want to deal with that man anymore.

You shouldn't dread going to the doctor.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Well here is the latest bit of crap that I am dealing with. Not withdrawal related but still stressful. About a year ago I had a mammogram and ultrasound because I have a mass under my left breast that causes pain. They both came back benign lymph nodes. Well the lump is still there and still causing me pain a year later. Not sure if it has grown but it certainly hasn't gone away over the past year and it still hurts. The nurse practitioner of course is gone until next week and I am NOT seeing the doctor, so I am going to see her next Tuesday. I really wish I could just deal with WD issues without all this extra crap. I realize this has nothing to do with WD just like my possible Hashimotos but it is ALL stressing me out and that ramps up all my WD crap. Ugh I wish I could just be normal.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Yes, one thing after another. I would not be too sure the thyroid issue is not withdrawal related, though. I think it has certainly thrown my thyroid levels for a loop!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Who only knows Luv. At this point I do not discount any possibility.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Bless you, Frustrated. You are suffering and I am praying you get the lymph node and thyroid issues resolved. Please keep fighting and looking for answers. You may find them under a rock where your sh*t a** doctor lives.

Love, Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Oh Pug I just love ya! I hope I get answers too.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Hi Frustrated,

I am sorry for what you have to go through at the moment. I hope everything will be resolved soon!

Just a thought with regard to one of your posts above, but the last time I quit Paroxetine too fast I lost a lot of my hair and it hasn't regrown yet so maybe this is really somehow related.

Anyway I think you are one of the bravest here so I am pretty sure you will also cope with the current issues although you surely haven't deserved any of it.

Cheers,

PB

- Paroxetine since more than 10years

- 20mg for the first five year, then 10mg since

- Several attempts to withdraw cold turkey following doctor's advise

- Last attempt in spring 2015 to reduce 10 -> 5 -> 2.5 -> 0mg within 2 months -> Extreme wd problems

- Reinstated with 10mg then down to 5mg again

04/01 5mg (tingling and muscle problems)

07/20 5mg (less problems)

08/20 4.95mg (muscle tightness, no more tingling sensations)

12/28 3.27mg (muscle tightness, numb feeling in feet and hands, light tingling sensations

Well I had some easing of my legs symptoms the last few days which was a miracle but it is BACK TO BEING BAD again. Left foot and leg is burning bad and foot feels numb and prickly. Ugh! I was so praying it would stay at a lower level for good. Rose coloured glases are off now. Trouble swallowing today as well and back bothering me. Want to crawl out of my skin. So fatigued and face is burning and I randomly got this huge hive behind my leg that is itching like mad. Only one hive. Weird!

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Frustrated, I have Hashimotos. It's not that difficult to diagnose, it shows in blood tests. You need to get your antibodies checked if you think you might have this. I wish you much luck and success with trying to sort out this health madness. I hope your new doctor is not an idiot and helps you feel better. 

Sorry you're feeling bad at the moment, I will be praying for peace, healing and relief

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.

Well I had some easing of my legs symptoms the last few days which was a miracle but it is BACK TO BEING BAD again. Left foot and leg is burning bad and foot feels numb and prickly. Ugh! I was so praying it would stay at a lower level for good. Rose coloured glases are off now. Trouble swallowing today as well and back bothering me. Want to crawl out of my skin. So fatigued and face is burning and I randomly got this huge hive behind my leg that is itching like mad. Only one hive. Weird!

Are you taking any new supplements?

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

I am not taking any new supplements yet WF. The ND wants to put me on turmeric I believe but I haven't picked it up yet.

Blu, my tsh is normal but alot of my symptoms fit with thyroid so she feels it may be Hashimotos. I see the ND again on the 20 th to go over all my past bloodwork for my idiot doctor then she said she will fill in the blanks.! I assume I will get the antibodies test then. I have to pay for the testing so I will do that test first and push the others up to when I can afford them. If she is right it will validate alot for me and maybe she can help ease some of my sufffering.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

If your TSH is normal they probably won't treat the Hashimotos. There's no treatment for it, it's an autoimmune disorder. At least regular doctors don't, at least here in Bulgaria. They might give you Selen supplement, sometimes it helps lower the antibodies.  My hormones have always been normal, only my antibodies have been out of whack. They never prescribed any treatment for me. I also have a lot of symptoms that point to a thyroid problem, but I just live with it I guess. The endocrinologist said they will treat me when the hormones get imbalanced. 

Happy Birthday Frustrated,

I wish you all the best for the future and a beautiful day without suffering.

KR,PB

- Paroxetine since more than 10years

- 20mg for the first five year, then 10mg since

- Several attempts to withdraw cold turkey following doctor's advise

- Last attempt in spring 2015 to reduce 10 -> 5 -> 2.5 -> 0mg within 2 months -> Extreme wd problems

- Reinstated with 10mg then down to 5mg again

04/01 5mg (tingling and muscle problems)

07/20 5mg (less problems)

08/20 4.95mg (muscle tightness, no more tingling sensations)

12/28 3.27mg (muscle tightness, numb feeling in feet and hands, light tingling sensations

Thanks Papa bear you are sweet. No luck on the not suffering front but I appreciate the good wishes.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Happy Birthday, F.  :)    I hope the next year is a happier one , for you.  All the best.  Hugs.  xxx

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Happy Birthday Frus.   I hope that this year will be easier for you and you'll see some better times.   You are wonderful mother and grandma --- they are so blessed to have you. 

xoxoxo

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

Happy Birthday dear. I wish you all the best in this new year of your life. Most of all - health, peace and serenity. 

Happy Birthday from me,also.

if you're anything like my daughter ( her b-day was today) you're tough as hell & a fighter!

you'll make it through all this cr*p. hang in there. xo

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

You are all so sweet and thoughtful. I have gotten more happy birthdays on here then I did in my real life. I am so grateful and I love you all for taking the time to say happy birthday. Bless you all!

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)