Frustrated: Feeling disheartened

Frustrated

Sorry to hear about your daughter...and your continuing array of lousy symptoms. Stress really adds to the mix. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your visit with your family though...how are things going with the naturopath?

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frustrated

• luv2knit

• Pugknows

• Wildflower0214

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about your daughter, Frustrated. Health issues with my daughter have been keeping me stressed out as well. Hope you can get everything resolved soon.

XOXO

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Haven't been around much lately.  Been busy with my daughter and her headaches and trying to deal with my own issues.  She is suppose to have an MRI in the next 10 days or so.  Fingers crossed.  They are suppose to be rushing it but who only knows.  Funny though, she has tried naproxen and advil and the tylenol migraine worked best.  Wouldn't have thought that tylenol and caffeine would have done a better job than an anti inflammatory but there you have it.

I am still having my own issues with the leg pain and swallowing and most recently dizziness and  stomach pain again( chest pain but I think it is my stomach).  Likely from worry.  I have been off all of my Paxil for weeks now though.  The taper from my reinstatement has been done for a bit now.  It was only 0.1mg but maybe it makes a difference.

Hope everyone is coping ok.  Thinking of you all.

School starts again tomorrow, then my quiet days will be back.  YAY!

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Hi frustrated,h hope all goes well for your daughter. I still get weak legs and painful area above knees, i can only hope this goes away permanently one day. Nice to see you are torally off now. Let the healing begin/ continue.

Paxil start September 2003 due to Fluoroquinolone adverse reaction that I wish doc. knew what it was. 10mg. most of the time with a few short runs of 20mg. FAST tapered 3 times and finally hit poop out or a reaction to nsaid's in Nov.2013. Started a 10% taper Jan. 2014 and have been ok until Sept 14 and went through a short hell. Now plodding through and looking for the light with unrelenting insomnia and pain, fog, loss of interests....<p>12/20/14 - .8mg.

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

1/15/15 - .42 mg. better sleep now, hope it continues...

2/11-15 - .25 mg. doing really good!! 2 weeks feel 85% of old me!

3/17/15 .14 mg. Knee pain bad!

4/07/15 .05 mg. this is so small now that I am estimating and just licking it off palm small as a "." 

4/13/15 NOTHING !!!! Took my last little micro dose on 4/12/15. 

I didn't realize that you were completely off !!  That's so good that you are beginning a time of real healing.  I'm so sorry that your daughter is having such pain and will be praying for both you.  How is your son doing with his taper?  You are such a wonderful mom both for taking such good care of your kids and for setting the example of persevering through really tough times .  Blessing to you and your family, Frustrated. xoxoxo

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

Frustrated, I have been keeping both you and your daughter in my prayers. Will continue to do that. Like Selma, I also didn't realize you had completed your taper. That's awesome news. So happy for you that you have that behind you.

XOXO

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

My son is doing ok so far with his taper. I have been taking him down very slowly.

I am more concerned with my daughter's headaches and my diziness this week. Neither wants to pass.

Thanks for the well wishes.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Haven't been on in a long while.  Still having stomach issues and nausea but scope revealed nothing.  ER found polyps on my gallbladder but no stones.  Now I have to see a surgeon because apparently polyps can become cancer,  even though they don'y think that is causing my nausea and pain.  Ugh! My blood pressure is always high as well but my doc doesn't feel that I have high blood pressure.  He thinks it is just high due to anxiety and pain, so he is doing a 24 hour test to monitor my blood pressure.  It takes like 75 readings in 24 hours.  My daughter has had a month long headache and has been back and forth to ER and doctor and has recently had an MRI.    I also continue to suffer my normal aches and pains like my leg pain and chest pain etc...  Also back and forth to dentist with my son who seems to have numerous cavities.  

AS you can see my life has been eventful.  I really think I have improved in the last 14 months but I continue to have issues popping up all over the place.  Total bummer.  I don';t know what is what anymore.  It is all jumbled together.  I don't know if my withdrawals are gone and it is medical issues or if it continues to be Paxil related.  All I know is I never had all these issues all over the place until I came off the Paxil.  The last year has been a nightmare.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Hi Frustrated,

I am sorry to hear that there are still so many difficult issues in your life going on. SSRI withdrawal is difficult enough. I hope also your daughter will get better as soon as possible.

I wish you all the best!

KR, PB

- Paroxetine since more than 10years

- 20mg for the first five year, then 10mg since

- Several attempts to withdraw cold turkey following doctor's advise

- Last attempt in spring 2015 to reduce 10 -> 5 -> 2.5 -> 0mg within 2 months -> Extreme wd problems

- Reinstated with 10mg then down to 5mg again

04/01 5mg (tingling and muscle problems)

07/20 5mg (less problems)

08/20 4.95mg (muscle tightness, no more tingling sensations)

12/28 3.27mg (muscle tightness, numb feeling in feet and hands, light tingling sensations

Just checking in, Frustrated. Hope you are doing well, and getting some answers for your daughter!

Prayers.

XOXO

Hello Frustrated, how are you? Ist it already better with your symptoms? No more intrusive thoughts? I was thinking about you, I hope you are ok.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

Checking in to see how things are going.

Spring of 1998 place on birth control pills for irregular bleeding, high testosterone and one ovarian cyst, stayed on until April 2004, told to take hormone holiday, conceived first son 4 months later-VERY BIG SUPRISE, was told wouldn't be able to have childern or would need reproductive doctor to help. Got pregnant again 2006 with second son easily, then was on/off birthcontrol again until October 2011, concieved 3rd son in October 2011(tried many times to get pregant again when 2nd child was close to 2yrs, hormone problems started again after 2nd child, along with thyroid enlargement.

Spring of 2001 celexa 10 mgs-rx'd by pcp for complaints of chronic fatigue, irritability and weight gain, stayed on until June 2005, switched to Lexapro 20mgs for PPD, stayed on Lexapro 6-7 months, couldn't afford to see psyh dr. and Lexapro, saw PCP switched back to 20mgs celexa in 2007, remained on until November 2011, was c/t off due to 3rd pregnancy, baby had umbilical cord defect, seemed ok during pregnancy, except for crying jags here and there. Our miracle baby was born July 20th 2012, healthy except with reflux. One month later the anxiety,restlessness,horrible crying, insomnia and the deepest depression ever. That started the psyh drug nightmare-benzo's,antidepressants, sleeping pills, mood stablizers. Nothing help made me worse, doctors just kept changing the meds frequently. 4 mental health hospitalizations, rapid detox off benzos Jan 2013, horrible withdrawal and still suffering withdrawal symptoms NO ONE BELIEVES ME, I feel like ive been on one consistant drug withdrawal for the past 2 years

January 2014 slow titrate up of lexapro to 20 mgs-horrible side effects!!, was just rapidly taper by current pysh off to pursade me to try an MAOI-no way!!! Was told should consider ECT

Thanks Papa bear, Luv, Skylar, and Martina for checking in.  Martina it is nice to hear from you.  My intrusive thoughts come here and there and quickly go away again.  Not even close to what it was last year.  I still have aches and pains as well but I am surviving.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

My daughter's MRI is back and it is normal.  Very relieved about that.  I suppose she may just have to live with these headaches and try to manage them, which sucks but at least there isn't anything dangerous going on in her head. Thank you to all who have kept her in their thoughts.  Much appreciated.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Hello Frustrated, thanks for your words on my thread. I am happy that the bad thoughts are already less by you.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

That is great to hear. I am glad that the MRI was normal - maybe now the headaches will subside.

- Paroxetine since more than 10years

- 20mg for the first five year, then 10mg since

- Several attempts to withdraw cold turkey following doctor's advise

- Last attempt in spring 2015 to reduce 10 -> 5 -> 2.5 -> 0mg within 2 months -> Extreme wd problems

- Reinstated with 10mg then down to 5mg again

04/01 5mg (tingling and muscle problems)

07/20 5mg (less problems)

08/20 4.95mg (muscle tightness, no more tingling sensations)

12/28 3.27mg (muscle tightness, numb feeling in feet and hands, light tingling sensations

Thinking of you, F. 

That must be a relief, for you & your daughter.  About the MRI.

Sounds "lame", but have you tried " gluten - free".  I have heard of people suffering years of " everyday" migraines, who turned around with " no gluten".   Just a thought. Maybe , you've already explored this.  .

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• 3 weeks later...

Well I haven't been on in awhile because really my life is just the same. Still having issues with pain and muscle twitching in my legs. Still have dizzy spells here and there. Still have heart flutters and chest pain here and there and trouble breathing. Some days are better than others. I see the surgeon tomorrow about my gallbladder polyps. Don't know if they will test to see if the gallbladder is actually functioning properly or if it is causing some of my pain and nausea. They may just deal with the polyps. My repeat scope is at the end of the month but I suspect that they will not find anything once again. Hope everyone is coping and seeing some improvements no matter how small.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

So good to hear from you, Frustrated. I had been wondering about you. Praying your appointment with the surgeon goes well.

How is your daughter doing? Better, I hope.

XOXO

Hi Luv! My daughter is doing ok. Her headaches come and go but they are manageable now and not constant. Thanks for the well wishes.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

• 2 weeks later...

Frustrated, wanted to check and see how your appointment with the surgeon went. Have not been on much. Nothing really to say here! Guess that's getting old for all of us!

XOXO

Thanks Luv for caring enough to check in.  I was recently sent for a HIda scan of my gallbladder and see the surgeon again on the 27th.  I suspect even if my gallbladder is functioning he will want to remove it because of the cholesterol buildup.  They will want me to come off the aspirin though and I started taking it after a previous blood clot so the idea of stopping it terrifies me beyond reason.  I don't want to cause a clot trying to prepare for surgery and end up with more issues.  UGH!  Also have another scope on the 26th.  

My little one  is just getting over scarlet fever and my son is still having weird abdominal pain.  They gave him an ultrasound but haven't found a cause.  Figures.

Very busy drama filled month unfortunately.  Add that to my normal leg issues etc and I am definitely tired of it all.  Hope you are well Luv.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Oh Frustrated!  So hard to read about all you have been going through.  My youngest had Scarlett Fever too when she was just 7 and I was super sick with Valium w/d.  I know how scary that can be.  Will be praying for your son as well.  We can hope and pray that your gall bladder ills will turn out to not need surgery.   I surely do respect your strength in getting you and your family through these health crises.   xoxo

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

Frustrated, sorry for your troubles. I hope you will not have to have surgery because than maybe they will give you again anti pain med.

symptoms OCD

Frustrated,

We all care. Such a lot going on.  I can understand, that you're tired of it all !

So sorry.   I hope it all goes well.

Hugs,  Ali.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

So sorry you are having so many issues. Praying you don't have to have surgery, but if you do, I believe the most recent thinking I have read is that aspirin therapy is not really that effective, so perhaps that will not be such a risk(?)

Isn't it Seroquel you are tapering your son off of? I know you are going really slowly and doing everything right, but a while back, I read a post on another withdrawal group about a specific symptom associated with Seroquel tapering/withdrawal, and meant to make note of it so I could pass it along to you, but I have forgotten. I'm thinking it was abdominal issues, though. Praying he feels better soon, and that things can get back to "normal" all the way around.

XOXO

Thanks for all the support guys. I truly appreciate it.

Luv I am not sure if the aspirin is truly helpful but I have been doing it for over a decade now and I am afraid to make changes that may upset the balance. Even psychological belief that it is helping is a very strong thing. Yes it is Seroquel Sam is on. He is on about 31 mg now from 50. It could be his pills. I will be stopping at 25 and leaving him there. Hopefully he levels out.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Perhaps taper the aspirin (?). Don't know that it would matter, but might make you feel better about it.

XOXO

Just checking in with you, Frustrated. Hope you're hanging in there, and that things have settled down some.

XOXO

Thanks for checking in on me Luv. Gallbladder surgery is on November 25th. Apparently even though it is functioning I have polyps and a segmentation that is bothering him. Never heard of having a build up that sections your gallbladder in two sections but apparently I have it. Figures. Now I have to come off the aspirin five days before and I am terrified of that. The surgeon says he will give me a shot of heparin during the operation so I don't develop a clot while my body is paralized but what about the five days before? Ugh! So scared of getting a clot while off the aspirin even if it is mostly in my head. I hate this. Dont care about the operation as much as the changes to my meds.

Still having leg pain and muscle issues. That hasn't changed. Intrusive thoughts are sporatic now and anxiety is as well. Nausea remains and chest and back pain although I am hoping the surgery resolves some of that.

Sam still struggles with his taper and we re still going very slowly. His stomach aches remain and he misses alot of school. Sleep disturbances as well.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

When it rains, it pours! So sorry you're having to have surgery :( Will be praying for your surgery, and for your peace of mind. Hopefully this will resolve some issues.

Praying that Sam will stabilize, and some of his issues will resolve as well.

XOXO

Frustrated, I hope that with your operation everything will go well.

symptoms OCD

Will be thinking of you frustrated....hope all goes well..and that this will ultimately relieve some of the problems you've been having.

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone. Just thought I would provide a quick update. I have been suffering alot of digestive issues since having my gallbladder removed. The nausea and chest pain remain. The surgeon has dismissed me despite the stomach pain and nausea so I guess I am expected to live with it. I am a year and nine months off Paxil now. My leg pain still comes and goes so maybe it is related to something other than withdrawal. Who knows. I do not suffer any more intrusive thoughts. I am glad for that. I soldier on. Hope you are all well.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

So good to see your post here.  I have been thinking about you ~~  I'm sorry that you are continuing to have digestive issues.  But it's good if your leg pains are better at times, at least.  Hope that you family is doing well.  How is your son's taper coming along?  Good news that the intrusive thots are gone too.  Blessings to you.

So good to hear from you, Frustrated. Have been thinking about you and continuing to pray for you. Sorry about your digestive issues, but so glad your intrusive thoughts are gone!! Hope your son is doing well also.

XOXO