Frustrated: Feeling disheartened

Frustrated

Yes Dire Leos are suppose to be tough cookies. Maybe that will work in my favor. Hope your daughter has a good birthday.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frustrated

• luv2knit

• Pugknows

• Wildflower0214

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Birthday, Frustrated. I put it on my thread, but in case you didn't see it!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Happy Birthday Frustrated. I hope this year brings you some healing and relief.

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

Happy Birthday, sweetheart. Just think, next birthday you will be healed, healthy and happy!! Blessings to look forward to.

Love, Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Happy Birthday. I pray that next birthday is better than this one, but I hope you can enjoy your day today, even just a little bit. Xoxoxox :)

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Thanks guys. I love you all. My sister (who lives an hour and a half out of town)showed up at my door and surprised me. I love her so much and it made my day to see her and her husband and my neice and nephew. So grateful she thought of me. My bday was good because of her and all of you.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Well I have been having alot more issues with my swallowing this week.  I am even gagging and choking on my own saliva.  Scary and frustrating.  I convinced the nurse practitioner to send me for a thyroid ultrasound.  Can't stop clearing my throat either.  This has been plaguing me all year and seems to be getting worse so it isn't a simple virus.  I swear I have Hashimotos or something and it isn't being picked up because my TSH is not out of the normal range yet, so they won't do a full thyroid panel.  UGH!  Also losing alot more hair.  Going to have to get a wig soon because it is beyond noticeable now and I don't want people to look at me like I am sick and maybe on some kind of chemo or something.  Add this to all my regular aches and pains and I am pretty miserable.  I wish they would just figure out what my underlying issue is so I could separate it from my withdrawals because I don't know up from down anymore.  Guess I am paying the naturopath to figure it out.  Was so hoping not to have to pay out of pocket because I really cannot afford it.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

So sorry you're having these issues, Frustrated. Praying you can get it resolved.

XOXO

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Thanks Luv.  Prayers are always good.

Major chest pain and problems breathing yesterday and today.  When will it end?  I have never been more sick and disabled this last year than I have my entire life.  I feel like I am going to die at any moment.  Just drop dead on the floor.  I see the cardiologist tomorrow.  Thank God!

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

((Frustrated)))

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Here is hoping that you get some relief soon, your health improves, and a window opens up for you.

20+ years of Zoloft 50-100 mg CT 03/2014 for 5 months
Back on Prozac 20 mg for 4 months CT since 11/2014
Found this forum the last day of 2014
The secret is to keep going!  Time will heal.

So sorry that you're having all these issues, F.

Maybe , these tests will shed some light, and then you will know what you're dealing with . It might just be plain old "withdrawal", as it can cause these symptoms, but at least you will have a better idea of exactly what is going on.

Good luck with it all,   Ali.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Hi,

I am sorry that you are suffering like this, too and I hope that your tests will show you where the underlying problem might be if it isn't wd.

All the best,

PB

- Paroxetine since more than 10years

- 20mg for the first five year, then 10mg since

- Several attempts to withdraw cold turkey following doctor's advise

- Last attempt in spring 2015 to reduce 10 -> 5 -> 2.5 -> 0mg within 2 months -> Extreme wd problems

- Reinstated with 10mg then down to 5mg again

04/01 5mg (tingling and muscle problems)

07/20 5mg (less problems)

08/20 4.95mg (muscle tightness, no more tingling sensations)

12/28 3.27mg (muscle tightness, numb feeling in feet and hands, light tingling sensations

I'm very much hoping too, that you get some clarity on what's underlying all these debilitating symptoms. How did things go with the cardiologist? Thinking of you and sending some wishes for healing.

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

Cardiologist went well Free.  Thanks.  He doesn't believe there is anything going on with  my heart.  I have been choking on my food and was sent into ER today for an emergency scope.  That was fun.  They found inflamation and eosiniphils and did biopsies but I am not sure for what.    It would seem allergy related if they found eosiniphils but I am not sure.  Hurts to swallow and feels like there is always something stuck in my throat.  It sucks.  So they want me back on the tecta now and I need to see the gastro doc next week.

I also noticed at the hospital the last 2 days that my temps have been in the 97's.  97.5 yesterday and 97.3 today.  Classic thyroid.  I wish these docs would get there heads out of their butts.  But The gastro doc was nice to me and the ER doc phoned me from his home this morning to arrange an emergency scope so those 2 are awesome in my books.  About time I met a descent doctor.  Was beginning to think they didn't exist.

Thanks Love, Pug, Ali, and Papa bear, and Luv for posting.  I appreciate it alot.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Frustrated, those temps are also classic withdrawal. As you may remember, they actually lowered my thyroid meds at the beginning of July. My temp has been in the 97° range since I have been in withdrawal. This happens in autonomic dysfunction, which is what withdrawal causes.

Glad you're getting to see some decent doctors. Hopefully you'll get some answers soon.

XOXO

Hi Frustrated

Just stopping by to wish you well and to send love and hugs. I hope you're coping OK and soon have your medical situation sorted out. Best wishes, be well my friend

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

Hi Frustrated,

I'm relieved to hear you had a couple of half decent docs. I understand about thinking there are none of those left...at least there are a few. It's good they are following up with investigations too. So many give up with the first test and think it's all in your head.

I had a really interesting conversation with my vet yesterday about western medicine. She believes it's all on the verge of collapse and that this would be the best possible thing. I told her I think my cats have the best doc and wish I could have one half as good as she is. Her care trumps any doctor I've seen in my life.

Anyway...really praying you can get to the bottom of things and start seeing some improvement. I know it's really scary having such an array of serious symptoms and not knowing what's causing them. Take care.

Current Medications:

Mary Oliver

Thanks Luv, Blu and Free for stopping by. I really appreciate it. You are right Luv the temps could be WD related. It is hard to tell these days what is what.

The swallowing problems continue and I find it terribly hard to eat anything. The gastro's office was suppose to call and give me an appointment to follow up next week and of course I haven't heard so I will call Monday. I want to know what the biopsies found. It may be eosinophillic esophagitus which isn't good.

The naturopath has all my files from the doctors so I will be in to see her on Thursday. I am sure she will suggest finding out what is causing the eosinophils in my esophagus. Chances point to allergies.

Just one more torture to add to my hell.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

It's always hard to sort out what might be causing what. You wonder, where did it all start? I've been doing some reading about the vagus nerve and it's effects on multiple organs in the body...along with how PTSD influences that. Like you, I had a number of issues well before I went on AD in the first place. No one ever figured out the source of any of them...all I got was the "depressed" diagnosis thrown at me, even though I don't believe that was the root cause.

Did you have any degree of PTSD before? They are learning more about how that can underlie a lot of the autoimmune problems...

I've gone through times of having trouble swallowing too..and it still happens once in awhile. A few times I had the sense of something being stuck in my throat as well. It's hard not to be worried about these things.

Current Medications:

Mary Oliver

Wow, I don't know if this is the same but for two months I have the worst nasty sticky post nasal drip in my throat and chest causing all kinds of respiratory problems. I can't stop clearing throat and coughing certain times of day especially when breathing heavy or talking. My temp has been in the low 97 range since about 6 months now. I wonder if withdrawal causes respiratory issues in some.

Paxil start September 2003 due to Fluoroquinolone adverse reaction that I wish doc. knew what it was. 10mg. most of the time with a few short runs of 20mg. FAST tapered 3 times and finally hit poop out or a reaction to nsaid's in Nov.2013. Started a 10% taper Jan. 2014 and have been ok until Sept 14 and went through a short hell. Now plodding through and looking for the light with unrelenting insomnia and pain, fog, loss of interests....<p>12/20/14 - .8mg.

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

1/15/15 - .42 mg. better sleep now, hope it continues...

2/11-15 - .25 mg. doing really good!! 2 weeks feel 85% of old me!

3/17/15 .14 mg. Knee pain bad!

4/07/15 .05 mg. this is so small now that I am estimating and just licking it off palm small as a "." 

4/13/15 NOTHING !!!! Took my last little micro dose on 4/12/15. 

Yes DLB and Free I have heard of a few individuals on here that have had swallowing issue as well as mucous issues. Maybe WD does play a part somehow. In my case inflamation has been found as well. I am not sure if that applies to WD but the increase in allergic reaction certainly does and that creates inflamation. It is a vicious cycle. Perhaps I always had the sensitivites and WD made them worse which is creating eosiniphils to attack the esophagus.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Frustrated, first I wanted to wish you a happy belated birthday. I'm so sorry to hear of the problems your having. It was thought my middle son had eosinophilic esophagitis, he had an upper endoscopy with biopsy and he was fine, he does have allergies, eczema and asthma. It's so hard to tease out what's w/d and what's a medical issue and if something medical comes up how do we treat it due to being sensitive to everything. I don't know about you but I react to any med or supplement. I hope you find some answers and can get some relief. Thank you again for your kind words and support. Please keep all of us posted.

Spring of 1998 place on birth control pills for irregular bleeding, high testosterone and one ovarian cyst, stayed on until April 2004, told to take hormone holiday, conceived first son 4 months later-VERY BIG SUPRISE, was told wouldn't be able to have childern or would need reproductive doctor to help. Got pregnant again 2006 with second son easily, then was on/off birthcontrol again until October 2011, concieved 3rd son in October 2011(tried many times to get pregant again when 2nd child was close to 2yrs, hormone problems started again after 2nd child, along with thyroid enlargement.

Spring of 2001 celexa 10 mgs-rx'd by pcp for complaints of chronic fatigue, irritability and weight gain, stayed on until June 2005, switched to Lexapro 20mgs for PPD, stayed on Lexapro 6-7 months, couldn't afford to see psyh dr. and Lexapro, saw PCP switched back to 20mgs celexa in 2007, remained on until November 2011, was c/t off due to 3rd pregnancy, baby had umbilical cord defect, seemed ok during pregnancy, except for crying jags here and there. Our miracle baby was born July 20th 2012, healthy except with reflux. One month later the anxiety,restlessness,horrible crying, insomnia and the deepest depression ever. That started the psyh drug nightmare-benzo's,antidepressants, sleeping pills, mood stablizers. Nothing help made me worse, doctors just kept changing the meds frequently. 4 mental health hospitalizations, rapid detox off benzos Jan 2013, horrible withdrawal and still suffering withdrawal symptoms NO ONE BELIEVES ME, I feel like ive been on one consistant drug withdrawal for the past 2 years

January 2014 slow titrate up of lexapro to 20 mgs-horrible side effects!!, was just rapidly taper by current pysh off to pursade me to try an MAOI-no way!!! Was told should consider ECT

Hi Frustrated, sorry I haven't been around much to post on your thread and also other's. I'm sorry you're still having problems and you're having trouble with your swallowing. I wish you keep healing. You are all in my prayers. 

-Effexor 150 mgs (2001-2009). Severe withdrawal symptoms during and after tapering for 6 months.  

-Pristiq 50 mg (2009-2012) Tapered over a year. Worst year of my life. 

-Prozac 20 mg (2012) Tapered over 6 moths to ease withdrawal. Still had severe WD symptoms. 

- (2012-2014) Doctor tried more than 20 medications for depression and WD, leaving me hypersensitive, and in protracted withdrawal. 

- Most debilitating symptoms during protracted withdrawal have been deep depression, anxiety, brain zaps, fatigue, akathisia, twitching, headaches and terrible PMS. 

-January 2015: Started Lamictal 12.5 mg, increased to 25 mg.- Bad reaction when updosed to 50 mg. Stopped. 

-February 2015: Doctor tried new antidepressant Brintellix - Horrible reaction. Discontinued completely. Severe AKATHISIA started.

-March 2015:  Started TMS therapy (Transcranial magnetic stimulation) for severe depression. Didn't work. 

-July 23-August 12: Had 10 ECT sessions which took away my protracted withdrawal symptoms including: akathisia, brain zaps, muscle twitches, fatigue and depression. Stopped medications. 

-September 2015: Experiencing bouts of depression again and muscle twitching. 

-March 2016: Started 20 mg Nortryptiline for depression. It helped. 

-August 2016: Slowly tapering Nortryptiline. 

Well I have been off dairy and gluten and my swallowing is a tad bit better but not resolved.  The gastro doc didn't see anything serious but wants to redo the scope in October to be sure.  Also sending me for a gastric emptying test on the 31st in case there is an issue with nerve damage from the diabetes.  UGH!   My other WD issues come and go now so I guess that would be windows and waves.  Sometimes my legs kill me and cramp and other days they are not so bad.  Same with the nausea and headaches and sleep issues and intrusive thoughts and fatigue and shortness of breath etc............

Healing thoughts and hugs to all!

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Hi F, Sorry to hear of your troubles.  Your doc wants to "redo the scope to be sure " !!!! That rings  "alarm bells  " for me !  I would run & not look back !

However, that's just me . Just be careful & good luck !

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Wow, that's a lot of information you have gotten thrown at you. I'm sorry all of this is so hard. I'm glad that your scope came back ok. I am still praying for all of us. Just keep going, that's all you can do. It's all any of us can do. Someday, this will all be a faint memory.

XOXO

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

((((Frustrated))))

It looks like you're making some headway! I pray you just keep resolving these issues until poof! They're all gone!

Well, maybe not poof! Maybe s-p-u-t-t-e-r, c-o-u-g-h, g-a-s-p, ahhhhhhhh.

Love you, Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Thinking of you frustrated (((((((hugs))))))). Really hope you can find some resolution to things.

I was worried about the nerve damage and possible gastroperisis because of diabetes too. Since seeing the acupuncturist, it has improved, at least for the moment.

You are braver than me, in going for tests. I'm more like Ali...where the mention of a test sends me running. But I can understand how potentially having some answers would ease the worry about what might be going on. I hope you get some answers that also provide solutions.

Current Medications:

Mary Oliver

Thank you everyone for stopping by.  I appreciate it and I feel less alone when people care enough to comment.  I spoke too soon about the leg cramps because my legs started acting up last night and are still bugging me today.  Free I am worried about nerve damage and hope the gastric emptying comes back normal.  Being able to swallow food and water is a life giving thing and to lose that would be dire and tragic and beyond scary.  Not to mention needing an air passage.  YIkes!  Dad arrives on Thursday for his visit.  It will be a very long 2 days but I will be so glad to see him.  My sister and her kids and her husband are coming as well so it will be hectic and lovely at the same time. This is a love hate thing for sure.

Also it was family dentist day today and no one has cavities.  Thank God for that!

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Hi Frustrated,

I agree with freespirit - you seem to be very brave with regard to all those tests. I am always very anxious when it comes to medical procedures whether they are uncomfortable or not.

So I hope everything will be sorted out soon.

Enjoy your family's visit.

Best regards,

PB

- Paroxetine since more than 10years

- 20mg for the first five year, then 10mg since

- Several attempts to withdraw cold turkey following doctor's advise

- Last attempt in spring 2015 to reduce 10 -> 5 -> 2.5 -> 0mg within 2 months -> Extreme wd problems

- Reinstated with 10mg then down to 5mg again

04/01 5mg (tingling and muscle problems)

07/20 5mg (less problems)

08/20 4.95mg (muscle tightness, no more tingling sensations)

12/28 3.27mg (muscle tightness, numb feeling in feet and hands, light tingling sensations

Hi Frustrated,

I hope you get to the bottom of this & get it sorted .  I hope you get answers.

I've got this picture in my head of Free & me running in the "other direction ". !!!   LOL ! :unsure:

Good luck .

Ali.  :)

Hope you are feeling better, Frustrated. Underneath all the leg pain and gastro issues you are still healing. All these symptoms will eventually start melting away, one by one. Count on it and don't be scared. You will be fine. Good luck with your family get together. I'm having one tomorrow too. My birthday is on the 31st. We are celebrating early.

Oh Pug I do hope you have a wonderful birthday and enjoy your family.

My visit with my dad and my sister went quite well. My body held up and I enjoyed the time spent with my family. My kids, my sister and her husband and kids, my dad and his wife, my brother inlaw's parents and my daughter's boyfriend were all there at the beach today and we had a good day. Yesterday my kids and I spent the day with my dad.

Thank you God for allowing me to enjoy my family because I won't see dad again for at least another year.

Monday we are back to medical tests and appointments.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Glad your visit with your family went well, Frustrated. Hope you get through the medical tests, and are able to get more answers!

XOXO

Haven't been on alot lately.  My 17 year old daughter has had a 24/7 headache for a month now and it is starting to affect her vision  and stuff.  Been to the hospital a few times but they are not doing anything.  Going to the family doc today.  She has kept me pretty occupied.   She is on MRI list but who only knows when that will happen.  

My thyroid ultrasound was normal but my past ferritin levels have been really low.  Just had them redone.  Not sure what the result is yet.  Still feel crappy.  Getting heart flutters and nausea and leg pain and cramps etc...Mind you I am stressed about my daughter right now too.  Hope everyone Has an ok day.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)