SelmaLady: How do I do this?

SelmaLady

(((Selma)) just wanted to say hello xx and hope your alright. Sorry cannot read much.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

(((L&L))  Thank you for your post.  I surely do understand not being able to read much.  Maybe that's ok --- then we don't read things that might frighten us??  Sure hoping and praying that you'll see some lifting of the worst of these symptoms.

(((Selma)) just wanted to say hello xx and hope your alright. Sorry cannot read much.

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

Hard going these past couple of days.  Don't know if its from the Doxepin misstep (forgot to take my evening dose three days ago---didn't take til the next morning!) or if its just the same old waxing and waning.  Had another pretty big jump in visual space loss today.  Always makes everything else so much worse and and brings on SI, a need to get out of my brain.  I feel so claustrophobic.   And the DP is so bad too and the loss of normal brain thots.   The feeling that I am being buried alive in my own brain is horrific.   But some things are still holding:  no akathisia/PGAD or sobbing.  Sleep is pretty good tho did wake up a lot last night.  I had some normal thot/feeling associative free thinking before I got up this morning.  First time  that I can remember having that in a very long time.  Because I messed up with the Doxepin , I'm going to wait until the end of the month to resume taper.  Every time I get ready to start it again, something always seems to go wrong.  I so want OFF drugs!! 

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

Hi Selma

I missed (I think) a dose of my Flupentixol too, yesterday. Not sure if I took it, I guess I didn't because I had symptoms today. So stupid of me.... Now I blame myself and think that I will be sent back to hell because of this mistake. Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone and this sort of thing happens. I bought a pill organizer so I don't mess up again. Hope everything settles down for you soon. 

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

(((Selma))) So sorry you've had an increase in symptoms today... And sorry I'm just now seeing this.

Prayers

XOXO

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Selma, you are always in my thoughts and prayers, even though I'm too sick to write.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Hi Selma

I missed (I think) a dose of my Flupentixol too, yesterday. Not sure if I took it, I guess I didn't because I had symptoms today. So stupid of me.... Now I blame myself and think that I will be sent back to hell because of this mistake. Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone and this sort of thing happens. I bought a pill organizer so I don't mess up again. Hope everything settles down for you soon. 

I have been reading your thread and am so sorry that you may have left off a dose.  We just slam ourselves when we make these very human errors, don't we?  I have all kinds of alarms and other visual prompts so that I won't forget and still, I forgot.   So I just have to keep going on and know that in time, things will even out again.  We'll be ok. We'll find our way out of this, Blue.   

(((Selma))) So sorry you've had an increase in symptoms today... And sorry I'm just now seeing this.

Prayers

XOXO

Selma, you are always in my thoughts and prayers, even though I'm too sick to write.

Love you.   Praying for both of you always.   ( So grateful to see this post from you Pug as I haven't seen any for a couple of days.)

I know no one can relate to what I'm experiencing, but I just have to get it out.  My perception has taken a huge leap so that there is much less space between me and the world.  My brain has always adjusted to the ever shrinking visual perception but I don't know how it can continue to "reinterpret" for me.  I am so claustrophobic, terrified of such a weird brain dysfunction and fighting once again with SI thoughts and feelings.  How can anyone live in this?  I want to scream again that I cannot do this.  I know it solves nothing to do that.  My only hope is that once I can reduce the a/d's, that this will find a way back but I surely do not believe that today. 

So sorry selma..I cannot imagine xxxx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

(((SL))) I am praying so hard for your vision issues!

Haven't experienced this, but hardly a day goes by that I don't find myself saying, "I can't do this anymore!"

Love you!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

((((SL)))) God please help this sweet lady. She's scared and losing hope. Please step in and restore her vision. God, we are all suffering so much trying to get off these horrible medications that we didn't know were hurting us. Please take mercy on us, Lord.

We have been ignorant, but ignorance is not a sin. We were guilty of trusting doctors. Lord, trust is a virtue. Please, God, we are in so much pain and full of fear. We need you now. We need to feel your presence so we can keep fighting to hold on to our sanity while we walk through hell.

God, we just need a sign from you that you're here with us and that we will heal. Please, God, please.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Amen.

(((SL))) I so hope your day has gotten somewhat better. If nothing else, I pray you at least experience an increased sense of peace.

XOXO

So sorry selma..I cannot imagine xxxx

Thank you so much Love.  I know that you are suffering too.   We will get through this in time.  xoxo

(((Selma))) Still praying. Pug

Luv,   I know that you understand what it is to feel as though you cannot go through one more moment much less one more day.   I am so grateful for your prayers for my vision--I need to know that that is being lifted to God.   And thank you for prayers for peace.  We so need that above all, don't we?  I do feel that God is here with me and walking with me and has prepared my way through this.  I just don't want to go this way.  Oh God, if it be possible...  I think we all pray for that.  I have been praying for you and keeping you constantly in my thots ---  Sometimes the pray is just, "please God'.  Love you.

((((SL)))) God please help this sweet lady. She's scared and losing hope. Please step in and restore her vision. God, we are all suffering so much trying to get off these horrible medications that we didn't know were hurting us. Please take mercy on us, Lord.

We have been ignorant, but ignorance is not a sin. We were guilty of trusting doctors. Lord, trust is a virtue. Please, God, we are in so much pain and full of fear. We need you now. We need to feel your presence so we can keep fighting to hold on to our sanity while we walk through hell.

God, we just need a sign from you that you're here with us and that we will heal. Please, God, please.

Oh Pug.  So grateful for this prayer. Such a real and moving plea!  And thank you so much for your continued prayers.  You have mine too.

I have prayed for a sign of healing many, many times.  Sometimes it has been answered by my having a brief moment of clarity.  I do know that He is here with us, with every single breath we take.  But I need so desperately to know that this is not my life in the future.  I know you do too---we need His reassurance because His reassurance would make it a fact.  Still, I think that our brains are not capable of accepting a reality different from the one we have now---we are hard wired to believe that whatever state in which we find our mind, that must be permanent.  At least, that's that way the dysregulated brain thinks for sure.  It surely takes a humungous leap of faith to believe that we can come out of this chaos intact.   But the brain is always changing, always seeking balance--He created it that way.   We have to cling to that and to the knowledge that everyone----everyone---- gets better!   That would include us.  And try not to listen to that voice that constantly whispers to us, "everyone but YOU."   Not true.  Not true.

God bless you, Selma. (Crying). I'm scared and have no fight left. I'm going to give in to the WD. Just wait and pray. Your words to me were beautiful. I will read them over and over again.

Jesus, please help us. Even if just a little bit to keep our spirits up and hope alive inside us.

Amen Lord.

Hope you're hanging in there, SL. Still praying for your vision issues, brain chaos, and above all PEACE!

XOXO

Grateful for your prayers, Luv.  Hard, hard day again but I've had worse.  I just had hoped that I wouldn't get this bad of cognitive/emotional garbage again too.  The visual is awful enough.  I've been praying hard and continually for you too. 

Peace is hard to come by, huh?  I know that we aren't to look for the peace that is transitory, peace that is based on human conditions.  But we're to look for GOD'S peace which can transcend all.  I always want to be in control of peace so that I can have it on my terms.  Not working...

Yes, God's peace--that is what we need. Hopefully that will sustain you until things improve. Sorry you're having another bad day. Still praying for improvements!! XOXO

((Selma)) thank you so much for posting on my thread and I'm sorry that your in a a bad place. Xxx

(((Selma))) Hoping you're seeing some small bit of improvement. Still praying hard!!

Love you

((Luv))  Thank you for prayers.  Not doing well.  Space shrinkage was so extreme this time that now it is nearly impossible to look at things w/o wanting to run.  Nowhere to run --- but to God.  Heartbroken that this has happened.  I know we all are.  God grant mercy to us. 

((((Selma)))) My heart breaks for you, sweet lady. I am suffering too, but I keep my eye on you and all my friends on this forum and pray daily that God will lighten our loads. I know you're scared. Me too. No end in sight is awful and frightening. God's love will trump all this pain. He is protecting us right now, even though it doesn't feel like it. God will heal us soon.

((Selma))) xxxx

(((Selma))). No words... just prayers :(

(((Luv)))  (((Pug))) 

Well, another thing added to the mess:  My pharmacy apparently is contracted with a new distributor for my Clonidine:  new manufacturer and new tablet:  this one is white oval and the other one was orange round.  I did check on line to make sure that the new pill is in fact, Clonidine and it is.  But starting this afternoon I have vertigo and my blood pressure went way up.  I took the old type tonight (have 30 left of those) and Gary's going to call the mail order pharmacy to see if they can send the old manufacturer's Clonidine, but I doubt that's going to happen.  So I'm wondering if we could call the local pharmacy here and ask if they can order the old Clonidine---I'd have to pay $$$ but it's not an expensive med.  I'm still trying to recover from the missed Doxepin and its so hard to know if this is just the ongoing to reaction to that.  I am oh so tired of this.  So tired of trying to figure out what if anything, is causing increasing symptoms.   Scary scary stuff.

Oh no! I so hope you will be able to get the old Clonidine one way or another. It takes so little to throw us off right now. Praying you will be able to get this taken care of ASAP.

XOXO

((Selma))) xxxx

Thank you Love.  I am so grateful for your understanding and hugs!  I know that you understand the horrible feelings of losing yourself in your own brain.  We will get through this and someday be able to be glad that we pushed through.  Love to you.

So grateful as always, for your prayers, Luv.  I know what pain you are in today too and you know that you have my prayers too. 

The vertigo is some better this morning but I have light akathisia and mind racing.  I read on a thread here yesterday that the vertigo is from the Zoloft's effect on the vestibular system.  I 've always been prone to having vertigo even long before I took the Zoloft.  But this experience is different, worse in that it also includes the boaty feeling-- I got up last night to go to the bathroom and found myself lurching about as though I were on a rocking boat.  Could hardly get to the bathroom door.  I've heard this described but couldn't quite grasp how that would would feel....no I do.   Not fun. 

But above all its the space shrinkage that terrifies me and causes me SI.  I don't see how anyone could survive this abnormality nor when or if this will right itself. I have to just believe that God is going on ahead of me and making a way to get through this.  "And when I send my sheep out, I go before them" .   We can get through if we know we are being taken care of by the loving Shepherd.  Oh Lord, keep us in Your care.

Thank you Selma.

I'm sorry I know I asked you before but I'm not sure if you saw my response..can you see a neurologist about the space shrinkage?

Xx

Yes, Lord, please keep us in Your care.

I have had that type of vertigo--even before withdrawal. I also had it in the first couple of months of withdrawal, before any other symptoms showed up. I hope this goes completely away for you soon. Praying the akathisia is short-lived, and of course, I am always praying for your vision issues.

Hoping overall today is a better day.

XOXO