SelmaLady: How do I do this?

SelmaLady

Hi Selma, hope you're holding on and coping OK. Thinking of you.

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

((((Selma)))) You are really struggling and I am praying hard that you get some relief soon.

You will heal 100%. Baylissa Fredrick has counseled over 6,000 people and not one person has not recovered. Ian, who has run the Tranquilizer Project in Britain has counseled over 8,000 people over the past 20 years and not one person has not healed. EVERYBODY HEALS 100%.

Our friend and healer is time, pure and simple. It doesn't matter the supplements you take, the food you eat, the beverages you drink, what you rub on yourself, whether or not you exercise or sleep lousy... it's just time, sweet lady.

It is what it is till it isn't anymore. We aren't in this forever. You will continue to reduce your doses of the drugs. You will then land quietly and smoothly and move forward in your new beautiful life.

A life with a brand spanking new brain and revitalized neuropathways. Like a beautiful automobile with that fresh car smell.

You will get to the other side of this journey, Selma. Everybody heals 100%!!!!!! There are lots of recovery organizations that report thousands of fully healed stories. Nobody gets left behind. Nobody.

I know it seems like you won't recover because this healing takes so long, unlike a broken bone. But you will heal eventually 100% and God has you in His strong arms. He is carrying you where He wants you to be. Let go and have faith in the Father who created you. He knows you're uncomfortable. He won't let you suffer much longer. Just keep doing what you're doing, have faith in your loving husband and have faith in God.

Love you, Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

(((Pug)))   Thank you for your wonderful encouragements.  Its so good to know that people can heal 100%. 

I unfortunately, never completely healed from my c/t w/d from just 5mg of Valium in 1981.  I don't know of anyone else just like me for sure.  I do know of others who are still not 100% many years out but none that has had an intense a reaction as I did to a c/t w/d from just Valium.  I did take it every day for 7 years and before that I had taken some prescription "diet" pills (amphetamine with tranquillizer--who knew!!). 

I don't know if that precluded my inability to heal completely.  I DID heal to about 90% of what I experienced in the beginning and I DID lead a completely normal, highly functioning and happy life.  My brain just could not come completely out of some DR/DP (24/7) and memory deficits (short term).  But it just became who I was and I never thot about it---honest.  I also did stay on the Zoloft all these years but I don't think that's what caused it.  As I said, I do know of at least one more person who retained DR but her life too is completely normal.  The DR was such that everything looked "flat" with little depth tho nothing like it is now----I perceived the world at a normal distance.  The DP is such that I can't feel myself as "in" my body, I have had to look to see what I am wearing at times!  But when I got hit with the horrific up regulation, I got so much worse and I could see that I was really far more into reality than I had realized!  It does hurt me tho that I am one of minute amount of people who do not fully recover however manageable the left overs are.  So I have no idea how much of this will resolve, Pug.  Only God does and I have to leave that with him.  

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

SL, I'm so sorry you're in that place of not believing you have the capacity to heal 100%. I go in and out of that place too.

But if we can heal to 90%, who's to say that's not good enough to have a normal enjoyable life? Everyone has ups and downs, feeling unwell at times. It doesn't mean it's not normal, or there's something wrong with our brains.

After enduring what you so bravely have, you will feel 100% someday because it will be a far cry from this present misery.

Love you....Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Your words are beautiful and very encouraging Pug :) You're a beautiful soul, God bless your heart

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

YES!!   We DO ALL go on to heal to a place where we are happy to be alive, to have come through hell alive and able to lead 100% normal lives!  That I totally believe, Pug.  I do believe that I can get much much better than I am now.   And I have to let myself live each day as I am with the hope of a healing still ahead.  I think that is realistic and is achievable.  And you are right in that I will feel 100% better than I do now.  Love you Pug, you are able to uplift in a way that gives hope and joy and certainty that everything is going be alright.  God bless you with all that you hope for too.

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

(((Pug))) Thank you for your wonderful encouragements. Its so good to know that people can heal 100%.

I unfortunately, never completely healed from my c/t w/d from just 5mg of Valium in 1981. I don't know of anyone else just like me for sure. I do know of others who are still not 100% many years out but none that has had an intense a reaction as I did to a c/t w/d from just Valium. I did take it every day for 7 years and before that I had taken some prescription "diet" pills (amphetamine with tranquillizer--who knew!!).

I don't know if that precluded my inability to heal completely. I DID heal to about 90% of what I experienced in the beginning and I DID lead a completely normal, highly functioning and happy life. My brain just could not come completely out of some DR/DP (24/7) and memory deficits (short term). But it just became who I was and I never thot about it---honest. I also did stay on the Zoloft all these years but I don't think that's what caused it. As I said, I do know of at least one more person who retained DR but her life too is completely normal. The DR was such that everything looked "flat" with little depth tho nothing like it is now----I perceived the world at a normal distance. The DP is such that I can't feel myself as "in" my body, I have had to look to see what I am wearing at times! But when I got hit with the horrific up regulation, I got so much worse and I could see that I was really far more into reality than I had realized! It does hurt me tho that I am one of minute amount of people who do not fully recover however manageable the left overs are. So I have no idea how much of this will resolve, Pug. Only God does and I have to leave that with him.

Just a question, so the low level DR just stayed around unaltered for 20 + years?

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Yes, it has been with me for 34 years.  But in the beginning it was much deeper and I also had lost all feelings and the ability to think or remember anything or form images in my mind or know where I was or who I was.  And that went on for 4 years at that level until it finally began lifting and I continued to get better every year.  It just never "clicked" back in.   But it really never kept me from enjoying my life. 

Well, that is a bit of a downer. :( but, I know you say it didn't keep you from fully living an enjoyable life, which is key. I just pray we all get to lead functional and enjoyable lives, whatever that looks like.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

I'm always worried about sharing about my left overs because I am truly a rarity and even with my "glitches" I was very happy---honestly.  That's why this horrible upheaval is so hard to accept---I never thot I would be so severe every again.  But I have recovered before and I have to believe that I will again...

(((Pug)))   Thank you for your wonderful encouragements.  Its so good to know that people can heal 100%. 

I unfortunately, never completely healed from my c/t w/d from just 5mg of Valium in 1981.  I don't know of anyone else just like me for sure.  I do know of others who are still not 100% many years out but none that has had an intense a reaction as I did to a c/t w/d from just Valium.  I did take it every day for 7 years and before that I had taken some prescription "diet" pills (amphetamine with tranquillizer--who knew!!). 

I don't know if that precluded my inability to heal completely.  I DID heal to about 90% of what I experienced in the beginning and I DID lead a completely normal, highly functioning and happy life.  My brain just could not come completely out of some DR/DP (24/7) and memory deficits (short term).  But it just became who I was and I never thot about it---honest.  I also did stay on the Zoloft all these years but I don't think that's what caused it.  As I said, I do know of at least one more person who retained DR but her life too is completely normal.  The DR was such that everything looked "flat" with little depth tho nothing like it is now----I perceived the world at a normal distance.  The DP is such that I can't feel myself as "in" my body, I have had to look to see what I am wearing at times!  But when I got hit with the horrific up regulation, I got so much worse and I could see that I was really far more into reality than I had realized!  It does hurt me tho that I am one of minute amount of people who do not fully recover however manageable the left overs are.  So I have no idea how much of this will resolve, Pug.  Only God does and I have to leave that with him.  

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't heal completely.  This sort of anecdote does confirm my suspicion that not everyone heals 100% from psych meds.  On the other hand it also confirms my suspicion that 100% of people will heal enough to get on with their lives and live well enough.  100% recovery isn't necessary to live a good life.  I would guess that it's somewhere around 75 or 80% recovery that's required to fit in well and get about the daily routines and not think too much about the side effects.

Thanks for sharing your story with us here, and good luck with your continued taper.

I'm always worried about sharing about my left overs because I am truly a rarity and even with my "glitches" I was very happy---honestly. That's why this horrible upheaval is so hard to accept---I never thot I would be so severe every again. But I have recovered before and I have to believe that I will again...

Don't be concerned about sharing your experience. Thank you for doing so. Xoxo

Selma, you may live an 85% symptom free life, but you will be 100% happy. That's all any of us really want.

Love you, Pug

(((WF)))  As always, you are so kind and understanding.  I just don't want you to compare your recovery with mine:  we are very different.   I did NOT taper the Valium in '81 at all.  But when I had to come off of Valium again in 2003-2005 (stupidly didn't know that Xanax was the same as Valium -- switched to Valium for the taper), I did really good with a very slow taper--went back to my "baseline" within 18mths!  Tapering makes such a difference in the amount of time it can take to see a good recovery.   You'll be able to taper as slowly as you need to go...

Pug,  I LOVE what you said :  so so so hopeful -- you have such a gift of comfort and encouragement.  Thank you!

Hard, hard day with brain in chaos and feeling so weird and disembodied.  My son will be here for dinner.  Praying once again that I can pull it off...  My youngest daughter is also supposed to call soon.  So frightening to talk on the phone when in this loss of reality.   So hard----I miss my family so much but don't want to have to interact like this.  I'll just have to push thru as best I can.  Maybe next year I'll be able to communicate ---

(((WF))) As always, you are so kind and understanding. I just don't want you to compare your recovery with mine: we are very different. I did NOT taper the Valium in '81 at all. But when I had to come off of Valium again in 2003-2005 (stupidly didn't know that Xanax was the same as Valium -- switched to Valium for the taper), I did really good with a very slow taper--went back to my "baseline" within 18mths! Tapering makes such a difference in the amount of time it can take to see a good recovery. You'll be able to taper as slowly as you need to go...

Pug, I LOVE what you said : so so so hopeful -- you have such a gift of comfort and encouragement. Thank you!

Well, unfortunately...I did not taper Effexor. So Im dealing with a CT from that and now having to taper a benzo. So....who knows how I will end up. There's no telling. I just have to keep at long enough to find out.

There's no reason to believe that you won't have a complete recovery.   You will be able to buffer your CNS by slowly reducing the Ativan and I believe that will really help your system to stabilize.   We all have to hope for the very best outcome.  But we will ALL get better over time.   I am praying for you as always, WF, as does my husband.  Love to you.

Selma, love you too! Prayers for you always. I hope you get through the visits with you children alright and that all of the brain chaos calms down soon. Hugs xo

Thanks for the encouragement and for sharing your experiences. So blessed to have you, we all are so fortunate to not be alone in this.

(((Selma))) Sorry you are having such a rough time. Continuing to pray for your brain chaos and vision issues. Hope your visit with your son and phone call with your daughter went well. Sorry I have not been on as much.

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

I did ok on Saturday night---felt much better in evening and daughter never called...later emailed me that she had some problems at home.  

I increased my taper of the Doxepin by .01ml pulled from 75ml.  Am now pulling .07ml.  My husband says that I have a ways to go before I will even have tapered to 1mg.  I'm hoping to to taper at .01ml every 4 days until I get to what equals at least 1 mg and hopefully even 2mg.  Then I want to go back to the Zoloft and taper to 24mg. total from 25mg.  I'm ok to go really slow but I just have to feel that I am moving forward!

These past few days have been really hard with brain "chaos" and some light akathisia.  But I have been sleeping well and no other signs of general up regulation so I think I'm safe with the taper so far.  I do think that the tetanus shot bumped me a little but hopefully this will settle soon.  I can barely think or talk when I am at my worst during the day---

Sort of "good news and bad news", huh. I am glad that you are able to move forward with your taper. I am sorry you are having issues with the brain chaos and a return of akathisia. Praying this settles for you soon. I have been praying really hard about the tetanus shot, and hopefully you are out of the woods with that now.

Continuing to pray for you as you continue your taper! You will get there!

XOXO

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

SelmaLady it sounds like you are, in fact, moving forward. I hope the chaos and akathesia ease up, but it's good to hear you're sleeping well. So important. I also hope your funhouse vision is improving

Stick to your plan and I'm sure you'll be having big, bright, long windows in no time. xoxo and blessings to you.

2001-04 Polypharmacy to include Paxil,Celexa, Risperdal, Seroquel, Depakote, Ambien, Geodon, Valium, Ativan, Haldol

03/04-11/04 Abilify

11/04-05/07 CT Abilify Non symptomatic

6/07 took Valium, began to experience altered reality and physical symptoms of withdrawal from Valium.

07/08. Abilify 2 mg, 12/08 Abilify 1 mg, 03/09 Abilify 0 mg, 03/08-06/11Altered reality but fully functional

10/12 hospitalized, Invega Depot, 2 shots discontinued, severe insomnia

6/14-10/14 flexeril, discontinued, developed insomnia; 10/14 10 mg Doxepin I week, no help with insomnia; 10/14 Remeron for two days, paradoxical reaction

Present Risperdal 1mg, clonazepam 2 mg, Restoril 15 mg. Went from .5 to 1 to 1.5 to 2mg of clonazepam in 2014. Also in 2014, tapered from 2 mg risperdal to 1.5 (fairly slowly but still too fast) and had to up dose back to 2 mg. Got liquid risperdal and started from 2 mg again.

Blessings to you, Luv and Adagioo.  I know that both of you are in a hard place right now and just getting through one moment at a time.    How I wish we could fast forward this time of suffering.  

I don't know if the tetanus shot affected me or if its just a wave of its own, but I have been really struggling for the past few days, maybe even a couple of weeks.  I had been doing so much better but now things are so so so hard to get through.  Back to symptoms that had left.  I guess they really didn't leave, did they?  Just waiting to mow me down again... 

I still want to take the miniscule cut today of another .01ml because I don't think it really affects much at this point and I need to be moving towards getting the Doxepin anyway, out of my system.  I think that this taper is not as upsetting to the system as the miniscule reductions of Zoloft.  But who knows?   I feel that same as so many---just wanting to throw the whole mess in the trash...

I just reread Rhi's explanantion of what happens when you start and stop psyche drugs.  The extremely complicated functioning of a brain trying to keep itself in balance, trying to keep the system running according to the "blueprint" given it.  Poor brain...

(((Selma))) So sorry you are still having a rough time. I feel sure it is at least partly the tetanus shot. I know the docs claim these are harmless, but this is not entirely so. At the very least, they contain mercury, aluminum, and formaldehyde. My daughter stepped on a rusty nail back in September. After much deliberation, we (she) decided to go ahead and risk the shot, since she has many animals, and there would be the possibility of contamination with animal feces (apparently the main thing that contributes to the risk of tetanus). After the shot, she almost immediately got a headache, and experienced an increase in her neurological symptoms. Interestingly enough--a WEEK later, the clinic called to tell her the shot had been expired, and asked her to come in for another shot. She declined. There is no expiration date on the mercury, aluminum and formaldehyde! Besides, by that time, the deadline had passed for the shot to be useful to prevent tetanus for that particular wound! I didn't want to mention this to you until you could see what was going to happen. By the time I saw your post, you had already gotten the shot, and I didn't want to freak you out, so I prayed instead. I feel sure by now that the worst is probably over, if your increase in symptoms is indeed due to the shot. I will continue to keep you in my prayers, as always!!

XOXO

Selma, I'm so sorry you are back to having symptoms you thought were gone. I Know the feeling and it is so discouraging!!!! I agree with Luv. I think it's the tetnus shot. There is a member here, imac... Who had a tetnus shot while she was in maybe her second or third year of recovery, and it set her back for a bit. But, again I didn't want to deter you because I wasn't certain it would hurt you and also by the time I saw the post, I think you had already made up your mind.

I'm really really sorry you feel so bad. I pray this bump ends soon. I know how frustrating all of this is for you and I wish I could make it stop. Prayers as always. Love you. Xoxox

Thank you so much sweet ladies for your prayers and your concern for me.  And I am glad that you withheld the info for awhile. 

I have been expecting some kind of reaction because I am so over-the-top sensitive to any chemical.  So even tho I've had some uptick, it's less than I was afraid it would be!  Still, husband wants to wait another couple of days or so before taking the teeny cut in the Doxepin. 

Luv, how awful for your daughter to have had a reaction and then be told that the serum had expired!!  When I went in to have my shot, the doc said that they had just gotten in a new batch that morning.  

I do feel that I had to do it as I am out on the property every day and we have LOTS of rusty metal around.  And I don't have a good sense of where I am in space and have fallen a couple of times!  Good thing is that I apparently don't have osteoporosis because I came down HARD.  Its only a matter of time before I do have some sort of questionable exposure.  We also have outdoor cats and even tho they are quite loving and careful with their claws, given enough provocation, they could cause some damage too.  They are BIG cats and came to us as feral.  I don't always trust cats not to claw or even bite.  Now I don't have to worry about it.  So I'm grateful for that.

(((Selma))) I am glad you were able to get your shot and appear to have had a minimal reaction. Yes, my daughter literally CRIED when they called and told her that the serum had expired. The first thing out of my husband's mouth was that there was no expiration date on the aluminum, mercury, and formaldehyde. I hadn't thought about that, but I'm sure he is right. It had been a frustrating visit anyway. This was a walk-in clinic we had never been to, and the doctor was probably in his 80's, and clearly didn't know anything about tetanus or the shots. When we told them she was "allergic" to FQ's, they somehow got it down as formaldehyde, so how very interesting that they gave her a shot that is known to have formaldehyde in it, and didn't even question. I was in month 2 of my withdrawal, and didn't hardly even know where (or who) I was!!!

Praying you have a good evening, and that your symptoms lift soon!!

XOXO

Thank you so much sweet ladies for your prayers and your concern for me. And I am glad that you withheld the info for awhile.

I have been expecting some kind of reaction because I am so over-the-top sensitive to any chemical. So even tho I've had some uptick, it's less than I was afraid it would be! Still, husband wants to wait another couple of days or so before taking the teeny cut in the Doxepin.

Luv, how awful for your daughter to have had a reaction and then be told that the serum had expired!! When I went in to have my shot, the doc said that they had just gotten in a new batch that morning.

I do feel that I had to do it as I am out on the property every day and we have LOTS of rusty metal around. And I don't have a good sense of where I am in space and have fallen a couple of times! Good thing is that I apparently don't have osteoporosis because I came down HARD. Its only a matter of time before I do have some sort of questionable exposure. We also have outdoor cats and even tho they are quite loving and careful with their claws, given enough provocation, they could cause some damage too. They are BIG cats and came to us as feral. I don't always trust cats not to claw or even bite. Now I don't have to worry about it. So I'm grateful for that.

Well, I'm happy it caused just a bump and not anything worse. Yes, I didn't want to deter or frighten you, so I just kept quiet. I figured there was a chance nothing would happen and that the anxiety of worrying over it could cause a wave in and of itself. So, the benefit of not saying anything seemed to outweigh the risk.

I hope your system continues to settle down and you find some improvement over the next few days.

Exactly my thought, WF. I did not want to cause a problem that might not exist otherwise!

Exactly my thought, WF. I did not want to cause a problem that might not exist otherwise!

I think we made the right decision. :) no sense worrying over things that may not even happen!

Very very bad this morning.  Feeling completely lost in my own brain.  Thinking that maybe the tetanus shot has finally caught up.  Back to minute by minute.  But still no akathisia and that is my marker.  Need prayers for sure.  Love you guys.

(((Selma))) Praying!!

so sorry,Selma (((((((hugs)))))))

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Praying. Xo

Praying for you, Selma. You'll get past this tetanus reaction. Hang on! Glad the akathisia is still MIA. My akathisia has been replaced by insomnia. Love it, love it, love it all!!!!

Love, Pug

Still praying, Selma! Hang in there!

XOXO