SelmaLady: How do I do this?

SelmaLady

As far as I could tell, I did fine with the ice cream cake. It's tricky to know, though.

I'm do sorry about your brain chaos. Still praying for that, as well as the vision issues. That's great that you haven't had any more brain shrinkage. I will certainly pray that continues!

Yes, I certainly understand about worrying something else will go wrong! Praying you get sleep, and have a better day tomorrow!

XOXO

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

(((Luv)))

Very worried.   Have been having all the symptoms of upreg this morning:  Nose twitching, inability to think through much of anything, feelings of complete dissociation from myself, deep anxiety, pacing, mind racing, etc.  WHY???  I haven't changed anything that I know of.  I know about windows and waves but how can that be when I'm still taking the same meds at the same level??  Just brain instability?  How I wish this would settle down so that I can start the taper.  6 months since the horrid reaction to the LT transfer ---  Its so horrid to be tossed back into a place where I cannot connect with anything or anyone and especially not myself.  I had just told my sister that she could come for a visit....I'm not seeing how that's going to happen any time soon now.  So, so tired of this... (Aren't we ALL!!!)

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

Selma, I'll be praying that things settle down for you. Withdrawal is so tricky. 

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

(((Selma))) So sorry. None of this makes sense. I will definitely be praying for a return to some degree of normalcy. I know you're wanting to get on with your taper and visit with your sister.

XOXO

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

so sorry for this setback :(

you're in my thoughts & prayers

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Thank you all for your words of comfort here.  Especially since I know that you are all going through really hard times too.  Blessings to you!

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

Back to feeling like I can't do this.  Don't know why its gotten this bad again---almost as bad as in December of last year when I messed up with my Doxepin.  I'm wondering if its because of the delayed dose last month.  Very very intense and unbearable again.  Akathisia again tho not really bad yet.  Back to clinging onto God just to get through each moment.  So frightened to be here again...

(((Selma))) I'm so sorry. I was so hoping things were going better for you. I am the same way right now--feeling like I just can't do this. Just praying and taking it minute by minute. Don't know what else we can do :(

Keeping you in my prayers.

Love you.

((Luv))) Love you too.  

I know that our brains have a monumental task and that millions of connections have to re-balance and reconstruct.  I do get that.  And I do understand that any lifting of symptoms at this point is going to be temporary.  But its so depressing to have what seemed like a new "baseline" slip away and be back to symptoms that you even forgot you had!  Which is a good thing.  Best not to remember.  And its encouraging to see that things are "fluid" and that systems can get closer to "normal".   But geezzz, after having felt at least a little sane, to be dumped back into a brain of utter disconnect and intrusive thots is debilitating if I let it be. 

I'm trying to do normal things as best I can with this set back, even adding a couple of things like loading the dishwasher and fixing my own meals (my husband has been doing that for me).  But each day it seems to get harder to do.  Still, sitting and "watching" my brain immersed in chaotic thinking and feeling becomes quickly terrifying.  Pacing the front porch is the activity of choice when I am at my worst and I'm nearly back there again.  I just can't seem to negotiate with my brain to let me have the gains I have made---back it slides into the abyss.  It once again feels as tho I'm am trying to climb a steep mountain with nothing to grasp onto---just a smooth slick surface...

Things have gotten better before, they will be better again Selma. You just hang on, second by second, to see brighter days. They will come. I'm praying hard for all of us. 

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.

I agree with BB. Things have gotten better before, and they will again. (I know you know this.) I so get what you are saying, though. It's so disheartening to feel like we've lost all gains and are sliding back into the hole. I've been feeling that way too the last couple of weeks. I too have been trying to do more "normal" stuff--partly trying to distract. Even though it's not much (in my case), perhaps it is too much--I don't know.

Praying hard that this setback is short-lived, and you will start to see some improvement soon.

XOXO

So sorry I am not able to read all your story,my brain....just a few posts...Sending love and prayers and much peace

Huggs and blessings

Faith

Please have patience and read : a great Mental Health Care System indeed/Never been hospitalized prior to starting meds

-Not sure all is accurate:2005 Diag. with major depression and anxiety after second birth

-switched AD,getting worse (maybe:Celexa, Effexor, Wellbutrin-diagnosed with bp

-Zyprexa, stopped it fast, got hosp.,Seroquel incr. at 300mg, wors. depr, akathisia bad,

-changed dr.,dropped Seroquel 300mg to 100mg !!!-

-new dr.got me off Seroquel in 1 mth at home!!Lamictal to help...getting worse,was also taking Clonazepam

-severe muscle twiches, dp/dr,neck and shoulder muscles tight straight like cement, psychotic, bedridden for 1yr

-Got put on Zoloft in the hosp.,and 3 mg of Clonazepam, "Stabilized" some after some months, 5-6,

-Came off Zoloft by dropping some weekly, not knowing better!debilitating symptoms, got back on, tried to reduce Clonazepam after research.Prof. Ashton; hosp., asked dr. to follow Dr Ashton, he dropped 3 mg Clon. in One day!put on much less Valium...hysterical,pain,rage,couldn t breathe,akathisia etc etc

-Zoloft up to 200mg!, hyperv. muscles tight like cement...my dr., on vacation!!Other dr red.zoloft, gave me Remeron

Current meds:Buspirone 20mg,Tegretol200mg,Trazadone 50 mg,Clonaz. 3mg,Escital.15mg,Propran.20mg,Bupropr.150mg,Baclofen30mg,Gabapentin200mg, taken 4 times/day in various comb

Thanks so very very much for your encouragements BB, Luv and Faith.  I do know that this will swing the other way at some point but as you all know so well, it sure doesn't feel like it now. 

I'm holding onto sanity by my fingertips and feeling that I'm going to lose my grip soon.  I keep telling myself that it does no good to stay in a constant state of hyper alert but who can relax in this chaos?  These past few days have been really hard, really scary as I've lost the sense of reality again and other symptoms have shown up again tho not as bad as before.   But in over a year, I surely haven't gained much ground and the space shrinkage still marches on.  I went 12 days with no change and then have had more shrinkage x2 within the last 4 days.  Sobbing always comes with it and don't know if its a chemical process or truly my own grief over having lost all control over my brain. Back to thinking that I cannot do this.  And really, I don't WANT to do this.  I have to project myself into the future with the hope that this will at some point correct itself.  But why would it?  I guess because the brain knows that this is not where it should be??  I could do a ton of "what if's" but that would only lead me further into irresolvable terror.   What will be, will be.

Things have gotten better before, they will be better again Selma. You just hang on, second by second, to see brighter days. They will come. I'm praying hard for all of us. 

BB,  I read your posts on others' threads and they ALWAYS give me hope and keep me going.  I know that you will overcome this too and will be able to reclaim your life and a better one for having seen how strong you really are.  You are a truly lovely person, BB.  YOU shine through always.

I agree with BB. Things have gotten better before, and they will again. (I know you know this.) I so get what you are saying, though. It's so disheartening to feel like we've lost all gains and are sliding back into the hole. I've been feeling that way too the last couple of weeks. I too have been trying to do more "normal" stuff--partly trying to distract. Even though it's not much (in my case), perhaps it is too much--I don't know.

Praying hard that this setback is short-lived, and you will start to see some improvement soon.

XOXO

Thank you so much for your continuing prayers and encouragements, Luv.  I agree that doing "normal" things at least distracts and perhaps helps us to see that we can still function on some level which can mute at least some of the horrible feelings of helplessness that this thing brings.  It IS hard to know where the line is that helps from hurts.  But I just can't seem to sit and wait.  I've done that waaaaaay too much in my recoveries.  (Like I'm the one calling the shots, huh? LOL)

So sorry I am not able to read all your story,my brain....just a few posts...Sending love and prayers and much peace

Huggs and blessings

Faith

What a sweet and kind post and I know you are suffering intensely.  I am praying that you will have the wisdom and ability to get yourself free of the drugs that were given to you.  I know that once you can allow your system to be free of them , that you will be able to recover from what has been done to you.  xoxox

((((Selma)))) My heart goes out to you. You are Love. You are Compassion. You are Grace. You are God's Child. He's holding you right now. You are in His arms. He's got you. You will not fall.

This is all part of the healing process. The worse you feel, the more you're mending. God is in your brain. He's embedded in your every atom. He's healing you right now. Believe it. I do.

God is busy working on you. One day very soon your suffering will begin to lift. Day by day. Moment by moment. Breathe deeply. You're okay, Selma. You are loved by many people, just as you give love to others. God is smiling right now and He is healing you.

I love you. Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Continued love, thoughts, and PRAYERS. These will see us through--especially the prayers. It can be so difficult to just trust God, but I believe that is our only hope in times like this!

XOXO

In my thoughts and prayers, I hope today is better for you. I want to thank you for your support. ❤️

Spring of 1998 place on birth control pills for irregular bleeding, high testosterone and one ovarian cyst, stayed on until April 2004, told to take hormone holiday, conceived first son 4 months later-VERY BIG SUPRISE, was told wouldn't be able to have childern or would need reproductive doctor to help. Got pregnant again 2006 with second son easily, then was on/off birthcontrol again until October 2011, concieved 3rd son in October 2011(tried many times to get pregant again when 2nd child was close to 2yrs, hormone problems started again after 2nd child, along with thyroid enlargement.

Spring of 2001 celexa 10 mgs-rx'd by pcp for complaints of chronic fatigue, irritability and weight gain, stayed on until June 2005, switched to Lexapro 20mgs for PPD, stayed on Lexapro 6-7 months, couldn't afford to see psyh dr. and Lexapro, saw PCP switched back to 20mgs celexa in 2007, remained on until November 2011, was c/t off due to 3rd pregnancy, baby had umbilical cord defect, seemed ok during pregnancy, except for crying jags here and there. Our miracle baby was born July 20th 2012, healthy except with reflux. One month later the anxiety,restlessness,horrible crying, insomnia and the deepest depression ever. That started the psyh drug nightmare-benzo's,antidepressants, sleeping pills, mood stablizers. Nothing help made me worse, doctors just kept changing the meds frequently. 4 mental health hospitalizations, rapid detox off benzos Jan 2013, horrible withdrawal and still suffering withdrawal symptoms NO ONE BELIEVES ME, I feel like ive been on one consistant drug withdrawal for the past 2 years

January 2014 slow titrate up of lexapro to 20 mgs-horrible side effects!!, was just rapidly taper by current pysh off to pursade me to try an MAOI-no way!!! Was told should consider ECT

Love and prayers to all of you.  I'm so grateful for yours and for your posts.  I read and reread every one.  This thing is such an isolating experience just by the nature of it.   We surely do need each other's care and prayers to get through each day.   And I know how hard it is to post when you're feeling as though you can barely take another breath much less type something coherent.  (((Hugs))) and love to you.

Strange days.  My brain feels as though there is some sort of a whirling storm that blows thoughts and feelings around and no way to attach myself to them.  Empty and without substance is how it feels.  I am trying to revisit some of my favorite old movies and it is as though I am watching them from someone else's brain, someone else's identity.  I don't know if I should try to fight against it, try to hold onto to whatever shred of reality I have or just go with it and live as someone else entirely.  If I let go and let it be I'm afraid I will never get back.  It is terrifying to think I can't get back to me.  The solid comfort I have is that GOD Himself who created me, who holds my life, my soul in His care will never forget who I am and is keeping me safe within Himself in Christ Jesus.  

My husband had a bad leg injury from turning his back on his tractor---his leg has third degree burns and a very deep hole along with wide spread vivid brusing and swelling of his lower leg.  It's gruesome, he finally went to Urgent Care today and had to have some involved treatment on it.  He came home with some burn med and of course the rx for and a/b (Keflex).  Scared me to even see that a/b in the house --  it's been 19 months since I took the penicillin and sent my brain into agony.   I am terrified that I will get some kind of infection that will require an a/b---no way can I take one.  So hard to live in such fragility.  And always, always the "what if....."  Don't dare ever ever go there...

(((Selma))) I have especially been praying for your brain chaos (for lack of a better word), and will continue that. Will also pray that God will give you the wisdom to know if there is any action you can/should take. I am so sorry you are going through this.

Praying for your husband's speedy recovery from his injury. I know how you feel about the antibiotics. Please be aware that Keflex is considered to be a relatively safe one (even for floxies)--barring allergy, of course.

Love you.

Huggs and blessings

Faith

What a sweet and kind post and I know you are suffering intensely.  I am praying that you will have the wisdom and ability to get yourself free of the drugs that were given to you.  I know that once you can allow your system to be free of them , that you will be able to recover from what has been done to you.  xoxox[/

Love you.

Faith

Please have patience and read : a great Mental Health Care System indeed/Never been hospitalized prior to starting meds

-Not sure all is accurate:2005 Diag. with major depression and anxiety after second birth

-Zyprexa, stopped it fast, got hosp.,Seroquel incr. at 300mg, wors. depr, akathisia bad,

-new dr.got me off Seroquel in 1 mth at home!!Lamictal to help...getting worse,was also taking Clonazepam

-severe muscle twiches, dp/dr,neck and shoulder muscles tight straight like cement, psychotic, bedridden for 1yr

-Got put on Zoloft in the hosp.,and 3 mg of Clonazepam, "Stabilized" some after some months, 5-6,

-Came off Zoloft by dropping some weekly, not knowing better!debilitating symptoms, got back on, tried to reduce Clonazepam after research.Prof. Ashton; hosp., asked dr. to follow Dr Ashton, he dropped 3 mg Clon. in One day!put on much less Valium...hysterical,pain,rage,couldn t breathe,akathisia etc etc

-Zoloft up to 200mg!, hyperv. muscles tight like cement...my dr., on vacation!!Other dr red.zoloft, gave me Remeron

Current meds:Buspirone 20mg,Tegretol200mg,Trazadone 50 mg,Clonaz. 3mg,Escital.15mg,Propran.20mg,Bupropr.150mg,Baclofen30mg,Gabapentin200mg, taken 4 times/day in various comb

Prayers for your husband. Can't say or do more...sorry

Blessings and may God Heal our brains and bodies.

((SL))) thank you got your support.

Love and hugs to you x

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Blessings to you Luv, Faith, Love.  Support now is so so needed.

Huge space shrinkage today.  I don't know how to keep going except to trust that God has a way and a purpose.  I feel like such an oddity.  My oldest daughter called last night and said that after all her research she can't find ANYONE who has experienced the space shrinkage.  Terrified me.  Despair.  Fighting SI again as I don't have the courage to live in this unreal brain.  Not blindness but a distortion .  And it increases continually.  I know I write this over and over but I don't know what else to do.  God keep me.  God keep all of us. 

Yes, God help us all. Praying. Xo

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

(((SL))) Praying so hard--for all of us.

Still worse.  I don't know how to get through this.  How to live like this.  Dissociative feelings as intense as has been months ago.  Unable to focus.  Space perception even worse--my garden looks like a small space when in fact it is nearly an acre.  I went to the nursery in town yesterday and it looked like a dream with nothing but flatness--nearly one dimensional.  I couldn't focus my eyes.  And the colors were so intense and blurred as though it was as though I were looking at a water color--no depth and smeared and without lines.  And tunnel vision.  And disorientation.  Inhuman.  Want to hide somewhere.  All that I am seems to be melting. 

Keep doing what you're doing Selma - hanging on. It has to get better for you at some point. My guess is that the weird space perception and visual disturbances have something to do with your DP and DR, but it's just a guess. Whatever it is, it has to get better. You just hang on. 

(((Selma))) I'm so sorry. This has to get better. Seems we're both slipping back, and I'm praying hard this gets better soon! I know it's hard. Please hang in there.

XOXO

Hi Selmalady, I'm so sorry you're not feeling like yourself. I, too, have had space perception distortions and you're right...they are unnerving. But they do go away. Your eyes will readjust as you continue to heal.

If you want to hide somewhere then do just that, be gentle with yourself.

It sounds like you're getting out which is good so just keep going. You will get better. ((((((((Hugs))))))))

Do you wear sunglasses when you go out? They might help.

2001-04 Polypharmacy to include Paxil,Celexa, Risperdal, Seroquel, Depakote, Ambien, Geodon, Valium, Ativan, Haldol

03/04-11/04 Abilify

11/04-05/07 CT Abilify Non symptomatic

6/07 took Valium, began to experience altered reality and physical symptoms of withdrawal from Valium.

07/08. Abilify 2 mg, 12/08 Abilify 1 mg, 03/09 Abilify 0 mg, 03/08-06/11Altered reality but fully functional

10/12 hospitalized, Invega Depot, 2 shots discontinued, severe insomnia

6/14-10/14 flexeril, discontinued, developed insomnia; 10/14 10 mg Doxepin I week, no help with insomnia; 10/14 Remeron for two days, paradoxical reaction

Present Risperdal 1mg, clonazepam 2 mg, Restoril 15 mg. Went from .5 to 1 to 1.5 to 2mg of clonazepam in 2014. Also in 2014, tapered from 2 mg risperdal to 1.5 (fairly slowly but still too fast) and had to up dose back to 2 mg. Got liquid risperdal and started from 2 mg again.

Hang in there Selma!!!! I'm so so sorry. Please just keep hanging on. I am praying. Xoxo

Love and peace to you.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Love to all of you !  I am so so grateful for your posts.   I am really on a roller coaster right now with things getting very bad and then at times, some less.  I can't come up with the words to tell you how kind and caring your all are.  The Lord bless you for your unselfish caring.  xoxoxo

And you too, Selma. You are incredibly kind. I hope things improve soon for you xxx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

(((Selma))). Love you! Continuing to pray! That's all I know to do!

XOXO

Keep doing what you're doing Selma - hanging on. It has to get better for you at some point. My guess is that the weird space perception and visual disturbances have something to do with your DP and DR, but it's just a guess. Whatever it is, it has to get better. You just hang on. 

Thank you bb for your insight into what is probably the source of my brain dysfunction.  I totally agree with you that it is from the imbalance in that area of my brain that causes the DP/DR as that has been out of normal functioning for many years.   It was calming to me to have you say that you think that too.  Its so much more frightening to not know what is going on than to at least have some grasp of the mechanism of the brain.

I know that you have been going through a horrific time and I have wanted to post to your thread but have been so out of it that I couldn't.  Please do know that I am always reading your posts and praying that you have some lifting of the worst of this.  I do completely believe that you can heal from this given time and a slow taper.  Keep going ..  xoxo