Drummerseve: im guessing im going through effexor withdrawal?

drummerseve

I totally relate to how you are feeling.  I too have had daily, sometimes constant, suicidal thoughts -they can be quite vivid sometimes.  I try to separate myself from the thoughts as much as I can by telling myself that it is just a symptom of the brain being in chaos and not me.  I have had this (the suicidal thoughts) before in withdrawal and when I felt better, they disappeared - I keep trying to remember that, that it isn't that I actually want to act on the thoughts, it is just that I want to feel better.  It is so so hard to feel this way in life.  I too am trying to stabilize and it sounds like it can take quite awhile for some to get there.  I hope you find some relief soon.  In the meantime, you are not alone!

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg; 4/20/24: 1.09 mg; 4/27/24: 1.06 mg

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drummerseve

• Skyler

• cymbaltawithdrawal5600

• Ever

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive recently been going through absolute hell. I realized in my sig I forgot to note that weeks after my Effexor taper I dropped my klonopin to 3/4 of 1 mg pill becuz I wanted to start tapering that as well. Im still taking the benzo and have reinstated 5 beads of Effexor to see if it would change anything. its been 4 days and no help. But I also don't take my benzo till late evening. But when I take my benzo at night all the symptoms like the intrusive suicidal thoughts, hopelessness, joyless, depressed, dizzy (plus 50 other symptoms) go away. I looked up a symptom list and have been using info from all of the helpful people on here and it seems like im dealing with benzo problems more than Effexor. I could be completely wwrong here and could be dealing with both who knows. that's why Im posting this. I know a lot of u guys have a ton of knowledge and thought maybe u could make things clearer. should I have not dropped so much of the k? is that enuf to have the symptoms im dealing with. I literally feel so much better 85% of the time I take the benzo. say 45- an hr afterwards. Im know im all over the place here but im trying to put my finger on whats up. Also, I updated my sig. Im really sorry I forgot to put that in. I don't know how I didn't remember to write it down. thanks for listening.

Put on Paxil 20mg for anxiety in 1998. Crapped out fall of 2005. Taken off cold turkey by my Dr.Put on Effexor xr 150mg within a week. Crapped out summer 2012.  Dosage was upped to 225mg.  Symptoms worsened.  Quit smoking and started a slow taper at 10% every 4-5 weeks or so.  At around 25mg started developing ocd like symptoms(intrusive thoughts mainly)Slowed taper down.  Symptoms remain.  Got down to 2mg and quit the Effexor.  I was fine for a few weeks and was hit with a wall of symptoms. (I had started tapering my benzo at this point not knowing I shoulda waited much longer) I then hit with a wall of WD symptoms.  Debilitated.  Reinstated December 30th, 10 beads.  Felt really messed up.  Dropped to 5 beads.  Remaining until stable.

Started Klonopin 1mg once a day during my taper. Summer 2014. (At this time I was at 25mg Effexor) Dropped to .75mg of Klonopin for 3 weeks. Wd symptoms worsened. Klonopin is back to 0.5mg twice daily. Waited for a month and made the mistake of starting a slow taper(what I thought was slow) at 6.25 percent for one week but had insane nightmares. It was too early to try and taper.  I went back to .5mg twice daily but seem to be having interdose wd. Symptoms are Sleep disturbances, depression and weird chest pains. Working my way to .25 mg spread evenly 4 times a day. Gonna stabilize and start a taper after 6 months er so.

We don't usually recommend tapering the benzo while you are tapering the antidepressant. Benzos can sometimes help a bit with sleep and can sort of cushion your AD drop (but not always). You made a 25% drop in the benzo and we only recommend drops of 10% or less. You may be indeed having some symptoms of benzo wd mixed in, you could try adding a bit of that drop back in and then split your K dose so you are taking it 3 or 4 times per day to minimize interdose wd too. Many people do really well with this kind of dosing.

Here is the topic on tapering klonopin for more information.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

I know you feel horrible! I know it's awful. But, there are many many many of us going through similar circumstances. If you read some other people's threads you will feel less alone.

I have had very similar symptoms as you describe, and this started in Feb 2014 and I'm still going through this. Some things have improved, but other symptoms have come up.

Also, Rhi (Rhiannon) has been through a LOT. Maybe read her thread, or just the beginning to see where she started out.

You are not alone. It's hideous, no denying it. But it seems none of us escapes the process. It just manifests differently in all of us.

I'm so sorry you are suffering, really I am.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Im so frustrated. I dread every minute of every day and what makes it worse is that i cant figure out what it is that's affecting me the most. Like i said the symptoms im having(from what ive read)seem to be leaning more towards my K and it hit me the hardest when i dropped down to 3/4. But i also know that the dread, anxiety, suicidal thoughts etc are known to be part of ssri or snri wd. I feel lost cuz i dont know where to start. im gonna go back up to 1 mg and split it 4 times a day along with the 5 beads of effexor im reinstating. Only time will tell i guess.

Put on Paxil 20mg for anxiety in 1998. Crapped out fall of 2005. Taken off cold turkey by my Dr.Put on Effexor xr 150mg within a week. Crapped out summer 2012.  Dosage was upped to 225mg.  Symptoms worsened.  Quit smoking and started a slow taper at 10% every 4-5 weeks or so.  At around 25mg started developing ocd like symptoms(intrusive thoughts mainly)Slowed taper down.  Symptoms remain.  Got down to 2mg and quit the Effexor.  I was fine for a few weeks and was hit with a wall of symptoms. (I had started tapering my benzo at this point not knowing I shoulda waited much longer) I then hit with a wall of WD symptoms.  Debilitated.  Reinstated December 30th, 10 beads.  Felt really messed up.  Dropped to 5 beads.  Remaining until stable.

Started Klonopin 1mg once a day during my taper. Summer 2014. (At this time I was at 25mg Effexor) Dropped to .75mg of Klonopin for 3 weeks. Wd symptoms worsened. Klonopin is back to 0.5mg twice daily. Waited for a month and made the mistake of starting a slow taper(what I thought was slow) at 6.25 percent for one week but had insane nightmares. It was too early to try and taper.  I went back to .5mg twice daily but seem to be having interdose wd. Symptoms are Sleep disturbances, depression and weird chest pains. Working my way to .25 mg spread evenly 4 times a day. Gonna stabilize and start a taper after 6 months er so.

I understand. I'm a rapid taper off of Effexor back in July. I showed up too late to reinstate. I am also dealing with a paradoxical reaction to Ativan, and recently had to make a cut, which is not a great option given the state I'm in. But, all I was left with were bad options.

It's nearly impossible to tease out benzo vs effexor WD in the situation you are in. Sooooooo many symptoms overlap and manifest in each person differently or for different lengths of time.

Reinstatement can take several weeks and even a couple months to even out from what I have seen. There are no quick fixes here. I know you are miserable. I've spent a long time in miserable, I'm familiar. :(

Im sorry.

Hopefully, a mod will chime in, maybe with a suggestion.

Until then, hold on. It won't last forever.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

DE,

I moved your post and its replies from the benzo forum to your topic here. It is more pertinent YOU specifically and not to benzo tapering. It gets too confusing to reply to you in 2 places.

I will tell you this which might make it easier: do not concern yourself with figuring out what is CAUSING your symptoms: benzo vs AD. It just doesn't matter. You need to stabilize on a dose of both and stay there till things start coming around. It is too soon to tell and to be adjusting anything. Pick a dose, stick with it for at least 4 days and re-evaluate. Only stop the dose if you get a recognized allergic or life threatening reaction. The fact that I suggested to you that your 25% reduction might be contributing to your discomfort was just that, a suggestion.

Knowing which is which does not matter all that much at this time. Careful reinstatement and evaluating does.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

I am also on Klonopin.  I would suggest going back to your original dose and taking it the way you were taking it before (all in one dose?) and hopefully both this and the adding back of a little bit of Effexor will eventually help you to stabilize.  

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper (essentially CT); withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin after 4 mos. Several unsuccessful slow tapers of Zoloft; went up and down in dose a lot

-Spring 2013 back on 1 mg Klonopin to counter WD symptoms; switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to 35 mg citalopram
-Two attempts at slow tapering citalopram, always increased dose due to WD; also increased Klonopin to 1.25 mg in 2014, then to 1.5 mg in 2015

-8/17-9/17: After holding one year at 20 mg, feeling withdrawal symptoms due to stress - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg I 2020: 10.89 mg - 7.9 mg I 2021: 7.8 mg - 5.26 mg I 2022: 5.2 mg - 3.36 mg I 2023: 3.3 mg - 1.47 mg 2024: 1/5/24: 1.44 mg; 1/19/24: 1.40 mg; 1/26/24: 1.37 mg; 2/2/24: 1.34 mg; 2/9/24: 1.31 mg; 2/23/24: 1.28 mg; 3/1/24: 1.25 mg; 3/8/24: 1.22 mg; 3/15/24: 1.19 mg; 3/29/24: 1.17 mg; 4/5/24: 1.14 mg; 4/13/24: 1.11 mg; 4/20/24: 1.09 mg; 4/27/24: 1.06 mg

DE,

I moved your post and its replies from the benzo forum to your topic here. It is more pertinent YOU specifically and not to benzo tapering. It gets too confusing to reply to you in 2 places.

I will tell you this which might make it easier: do not concern yourself with figuring out what is CAUSING your symptoms: benzo vs AD. It just doesn't matter. You need to stabilize on a dose of both and stay there till things start coming around. It is too soon to tell and to be adjusting anything. Pick a dose, stick with it for at least 4 days and re-evaluate. Only stop the dose if you get a recognized allergic or life threatening reaction. The fact that I suggested to you that your 25% reduction might be contributing to your discomfort was just that, a suggestion.

Knowing which is which does not matter all that much at this time. Careful reinstatement and evaluating does.

Agreed.

its a hideous process. I know. But, the most important thing right now is stability, picking a dose and sticking to it.

So all in one or 4 separate times a day? **** me...sry im havin a hard time and im confusing u guys cuz im confused myself.

Maybe the others will hold back from posting for a bit so as not to add to your confusion. You could try this: maintain your 5 beads a day dose. Keep your benzo dose at the 3/4 you were taking but take those 3 quarters spaced evenly throughout the day. Leave it that way for at least 4 days and keep track of your symptoms on paper and then post back and we can reevaluate, OK?

More frequent dosing may help. But, if your nervous system is messy at the moment, which it sounds like it is, spreading doses can cause a bit of a bump. And you have already made a lot of changes...Effexor reinstatement...etc.

I vote for taking the K all at once since it seemed to work ok for you that way before, and keeping a journal about symptoms. That way, if you need to split the doses you will know. Some people don't have interdose withdrawal, some do. K is better for not causing this, it's not quite as short acting. No guarantees though.

Keeping a journal of daily symptoms is very very helpful. You will see patterns, and it will help you understand a bit better what is happening, and just the knowlege will make you feel a bit more in control.

This is all my opinion.

Bottom line, you have to pick a direction, and then stick to it.

It's hard, but you can do it.

Sorry to add to your confusion.  I agree with JDM - I would take 1 mg all at once as Klonopin is longer acting and not known to cause as many problems with interdose withdrawal as the shorter acting benzos (this is why people break up their dosing).  Also, as JDM said, taking it this way was not causing you problems before so I would go back to this and concentrate on healing from the Effexor reinstatement.

Maybe the others will hold back from posting for a bit so as not to add to your confusion. You could try this: maintain your 5 beads a day dose. Keep your benzo dose at the 3/4 you were taking but take those 3 quarters spaced evenly throughout the day. Leave it that way for at least 4 days and keep track of your symptoms on paper and then post back and we can reevaluate, OK?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi.. as your symptoms remit when you take 1 mg a day, I recommend going  back to that dose, especially as it has not been all that long... (I was on a benzo taper of 2.5 years, I started on K., and am now benzo free, so I've been around that 'block', and read alot of benzo posts). 

As previously advised, only taper one drug at a time...  I don't speak to ADs, but hold the benzo until those issues are resolved, or you finish the AD taper, then look to the benzo as the AD is more activating for most.  You cannot tell exactly what medication is causing which symptoms as there is considerable overlap.. but the fact your symptoms get substantially better when you reinstate the full dose of K. is indicative you tapered to fast and should go back up.

I would however suggest that you split your 1 mg K. tablet into two doses and take it BID.  The rough split you get is not good enough to taper, but will do for divided doses.  Just an fyi... you will need to make a liquid solution with K. when you do taper, but that is for another time... for now, focus on the Effexor.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Keeping an eye on ya drummer! Wish I could tell you something to help, but no-one escapes what you're going through. And it doesn't matter what's causing what. It's a bummer I know. :(

Put on Prothiaden for severe depression in 1989.  Recovered.   Prescribed Paxil for another bout of depression around 2000.   Have been trying to taper ever since but always crash about 2 months after getting to zero.   Because of the crashes, for years I thought that there was something wrong with me.   Then found that the crashes were simply withdrawal.   Now following a maximum of a 10% reduction every month or so and ready to slow down any time I feel any symptoms whatsoever.  Feeling good:).

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

• Moderator Emeritus

With all due respect to CW... who often gives marvelous advice, she is not correct in this instance.  You need to listen to your body which is telling you to reinstate the full dose.  I have read thousands of benzo posts, and do know of which I speak...

Also, if you go back to 3 quarters of a tablet you will need to start a liquid taper, as there is no way you can cut the tablets evenly enough to discard .25 mgs of K each day..  But not to worry about this now, as your body is telling you need the 1 mg. dose.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Today has been better than yesterday by far. Woke up and took my beads and a quarter of the k. Then took another quarter a few hrs later. Im gonna take two more quarters by the time i go to sleep. Upping back to one mg and gonna fight one battle at a time. Stickin to it and for a few days. Keep u guys updated. Thanks so much for giving me ur time and advice. It means a lot to me.

Im not sure what post its in but i mentioned i used a pill cutter to quarter my pills before i knew a quarter was too much of a drop. Just makin that clear. When im rdy im gonna look into the liquid taper. Thanks guys.

Just keep hanging on to hope .... You'll be ok :)

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Drummer

I'm glad today is better for you. I recommend you record what time you take each dose and try to be consistent with that as well over the next week or so. The key- get stable then plan the next move. Don't rush, just out one foot after the other and keep us posted

Dalsaan

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

• Moderator Emeritus

Im not sure what post its in but i mentioned i used a pill cutter to quarter my pills before i knew a quarter was too much of a drop. Just makin that clear. When im rdy im gonna look into the liquid taper. Thanks guys.

Good idea Drummer.  A pill cutter is not close enough for the kind of accuracy we need.  It's okay if you split the K in two... a little off does not matter so much as you are taking the entire pill in one day.  But when you take a quarter away, and add it to a half for the next day or discard it, you are going to be taking more on one day, less the next etc.  In any event, a liquid taper is needed for accurate dosing, and for taking 10% (or less) cuts from each previous dose with month long holds, but again, this is only when you are ready, and it would seem the Effexor would come before, but first you need to get restabilized.  Tapering is kind of an art... but once you get the drift you should be fine.

Sky, how do u feel now that ur off the benzos? I hope i didnt ask this already.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm good.... I came off so gradually, I had no symptoms.. just coasted off.  Real slow like...  no symptoms when I stopped.  None

So friggin happy for u way to go. I wonder if they have liquid k in Ontario. Ill talk more about it with u later. I noticed switch to diazepam when they taper. Ill talk with my doc.

• Moderator Emeritus

Styler is living testament to the turtle method-going however slow your body wants to avoid a withdrawal reaction to the cuts

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

Im on day 5 of 5 beads and i havent noticed much of a difference. Its day two of splitting my K doses into quarters and i havent found its changed anything just yet. On Tuesday im going to my dr and im gonna get a refill and not touch the pills. Im gonna stay at 1 mg once a day. I really dont know what else to do. Droppin from ten beads to nothing and waiting a few weeks and then reinstating has really fuct me. Im so irritable. Also im noticing im having anxiety at times where id never have anxiety. Like dreading following up on a plan i made. For instance going to the gym or a buddies to watch fights. I dread the time leading up to it. Or going to a store. I get in the car and dread it and have anxiety. When im in the store i start having social anxiety and wanna get out as quick as i can. Wtf is happening to me? Im so angry too. Its crazy. Another thing is if i try to nap i have sleep disturbances where i wake up extremely irritated and angry with a feeling of doom and anxiousness. It also feels like ive slept for 2-3 hrs yet it's maybe 25 mins and the whole time im not really asleep. Completely at a loss and frustrated. I cant live like this. Its a ******* nightmare all day every day.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Drummer, I moved your post above over from the Reinstating topic, because this is your topic for comments and questions about your own situation. That's a general info thread for teaching and information about reinstating and stabilizing.

I'm sorry you're having such crap times. Withdrawal is hell. Unfortunately reinstatement doesn't fix it, it just takes the edge off, and unfortunately we still get these bad ups and downs regardless. 

I know it's not much help, but everything you describe is quite typical for AD withdrawal and benzo withdrawal.

Most folks don't find a big advantage to dividing up Klonopin since it's pretty long-acting. It's not like the short-acting benzos like Ativan and Xanax that have to be taken in multiple doses per day because they clear out of the bloodstream so fast. I think I would take Klonopin no more than twice a day 12 hours apart.

You might try reading through the Symptoms and Self Care section and see if there are any suggestions there that you could try; they're things that have helped other people, or sometimes turned out not to help, stuff that people have tried over the years to help deal with what you're going through.

Again, I'm sorry.  :(

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

I am so sorry you are feeling so badly. Can relate to all you are feeling. I think it sounds good to go back to taking the Klonopin the way you were before - hopefully that will at least ease some of your symptoms since you might have benzo withdrawal on top of the Effexor WD. Hopefully time will help both of us - it is just the meantime that is so very difficult (and that is the understatement of the year).

Thanks Rhi and Relief. A part of me wants to stop the effexor and just go through it and stay on the benzo but i dont know. its only been 5 days at five beads sonindont know if its gonna help or i should just stop and deal with it until it goes away. Thanks for the info on the dosage. It makes sense about the usage. A friend of mine has been taking half a mg three times a day as prescribed on her bottle for a few yrs. Shes never tried to stop and I havent told her wd symptoms. I dont want to scare her.(off topic) just makes me worry a bit. Never again with this ****. I cant wait to start feel better. I think its possible even tho it doesnt seems like ill make it thru another month. This **** is the devil!

I don't know if this will help or not but when I reinstated I was mad at myself a week in because it wasn't working but I persisted and by week 2 it was helping with the mental issues like intrusive thoughts. Hopefully it will start working in another week or so.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Thanks, Grumpy;) i mean frustrated. Ill try to keep my head up.

You are not alone. I've felt like crap for a long long time. You will get better, just a marathon, not a sprint.

Just hold on for the moment you are in, one foot in front of the other.

Ty my friend:)

Keep hangin in drummer. It's normal. Awful, horrible, disgusting and shouldn't happen to anyone, but it is temporary.

Put on Prothiaden for severe depression in 1989.  Recovered.   Prescribed Paxil for another bout of depression around 2000.   Have been trying to taper ever since but always crash about 2 months after getting to zero.   Because of the crashes, for years I thought that there was something wrong with me.   Then found that the crashes were simply withdrawal.   Now following a maximum of a 10% reduction every month or so and ready to slow down any time I feel any symptoms whatsoever.  Feeling good:).

7th Jan 15 - 3.6mg

28th Jan 15 - 3.2mg

Thanks, Ever. Just seeing that i have a msg from u guys makes it a lil bit easier to deal with. I will never give up hope even tho its bleak right now. I cant. I have to beat it. Thank u guys so much for the support. I dont know where id be without it. I hope every one of u guys feels better and reaches ur goals. Seeing or hearing u feel better makes me feel better and also gives me hope. Ur all very important to me-Mike.