apace41: tapering Zoloft / sertraline

apace41

Would that be a MTHFR mistake gene at play?

Personally i think 1mg : 1ml solutions should be made freely available and govt. paid for from all pharmacies.

Hope this blip on the tapering trajectory is a small     non-existent one.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Hate to hear that!! I'm sure your license won't be "revoked" ~ just a lil reminder how human we all are ???? this is further practice of "accepting & allowing" those wonderful sensations. Hang in there!!

On Zoloft for 10 years (50 mg) for GAD & panic attacks

Weaned off fall of 2013, terrible set back in Feb '14 back on 100 mg & trazadone to sleep.

Did CT off of Zoloft in May 2014 - bad decision!

Back on 50 mg Zoloft & Xanax as needed (was upped to 75 mg by doctor in Feb 2015)

Started to wean off of Zoloft in April 2015 ~ totally off Zoloft in Oct 2015 and now am on Buspar 11.25 mg to help.

I was on a 50 mg pill & 25 mg pill - I cut the 25 mg pill in half (12.5) and took that with the 50 for 6 weeks - 1st week June 2015

50 mg for another 6 weeks. 25 mg in half and the 50 mg in half (37.5), 25 mg mid Sept for about 2 weeks.,1/2 of the 25 mg last week of Sept/1st week of Oct then off.

Update** 9 mg Zoloft reinstated early Nov 15, along with 1.5 mg Buspar daily. On .50 of Buspar & 9 mg of Zoloft. Oct '16 - off of Buspar, Nov '16 - down to 7.5 mg Zoloft. March'17 - 4 mg Zoloft. July'17 - 2 mg, Sept 1 mg. Oct'17 - off! Done!

I also take magnesium, L theanine, Gaba Calm, L Glutamine, Vit B complex(for methyl issues), Liver & Gall bladder support, Zinc, Whole Food Vit C & Fish Oil. DARE & the bible are the tools I use to help navigate this  process.

• Moderator Emeritus

Would that be a MTHFR mistake gene at play?

Personally i think 1mg : 1ml solutions should be made freely available and govt. paid for from all pharmacies.

Hope this blip on the tapering trajectory is a small     non-existent one.

I suppose, nz, one might say it was a motherf----r of a mistake! 

It's definitely hit me some -- last night was challenging going to sleep and my anxiety is definitely ramped up. Hoping that it settles back by weekend.

The self-flagellation is perhaps the hardest part.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

• Moderator Emeritus

Hate to hear that!! I'm sure your license won't be "revoked" ~ just a lil reminder how human we all are this is further practice of "accepting & allowing" those wonderful sensations. Hang in there!!

Thanks, B.

Appreciate you and your thoughts.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Andy, hey man.

Thanks so much for stopping by my thread, reading the update, and scribing such a kind response. I appreciate your words about my writing. I was a writing/literature major, so maybe that tuition wasn't money blown after all. :)

It's an interesting thing, trying to get on with life in the aftermath of my own great disaster - even while the intensity still blazes up in pockets here and there. I had been put on the things at such a young age, so much of what I am experiencing now is new to me. Life in general. It is often quite overwhelming. Sometimes in a good way, sometimes not. My emotions, my senses, the way I form ideas and perceive what is around me. If you had asked me pre-withdrawal what love or anger was to me, say in 2009 or 2010, I would have told you I have no idea. Now, in these present days, I am forming ideas of what these things mean. No small task trying to unfold 34 years of this kind of thing, seeing as I am 40 and was put on the drugs when I was about 6 or 7. It is a strange emergence from some sort of muted state - that's what the benzos and mirtazapine did to me. They muted me, they switched me off, and they led me to believe I was damaged goods and only getting worse. Unfortunately it took a catastrophic syndrome like withdrawal to knock me out of that cycle, but here I am spit out, nearly completely on the other side. Every day is still a challenge, but my trajectory is toward the better. And all the terrain I've covered in it fuels my need to see this thing through.

I enjoy reading what you write to others, and I have great respect for your suffering, how you metabolize it, and how you ultimately put it to use.

You haven't updated your own thread here in awhile, so consider this here post an overdue "bump."

Hang in there pal,

Dave

1996 - .5mg Ativan as needed, 7.5mg Remeron daily2008 - .5mg Xanax, Ativan discontinued, Remeron continued2012 - .5mg Xanax, .25mg Ativan 3x daily, Remeron continued2/2012 - Jumped from Remeron, continued .5mg Xanax .25mg Ativan 3x daily4/2012 - Began rapid taper of .5mg Xanax .25mg Ativan 3x daily6/2012 - Jumped from Xanax and Ativan, voluntary hospitalization followed7/2012 - 2nd voluntary hospitalization, reinstated Remeron, bumped to 30mg, also given risperidone.8/2012 - discontinued risperidone, tried gabapentin, dicontinued gabapentin, Remeron 30mg continued10/2012 to current - tapered Remeron 10% every 4 to 6 weeks (sometimes more time) using liquid compound12/2014 - 2mg Remeron 1/16/2015 - 1.9mg Remeron 8/1/2015 -1.6mg Remeron - 03/1/2016 - 1.5mg Remeron - 1/2/2017 1.3mg - 5/7/2017 1.2mg - 5/13/2017 - syringe size change - 6/8/2017 - 1.1mg - 7/10/2017 - 1mg - 9/1/2017 - 0.9mg - 10/22/2017 - 0.8mg - 11/22/2017 - 0.7mg - 2/2/2018 - 0.6mg - 3/13/2018 - new compound pharmacy - 5/20/2018 - 0.5mg - 8/31/2018 - 0.4mg - 11/16/2018 - 0.3mg - 12/24/2018 - 0.2mg - 4/1/2019 - 0.1mg - 5/1/2019 - .05mg - 0mg achieved 2019-06-15. 🤞

• Moderator Emeritus

Dave,

Thanks for the return visit, pal. Yeah, I haven't been posting here or as much on the board generally as I'd like. I wish I could say I'm too busy living life or some other words of inspiration, but, to be honest, I've been floundering a little of late. Did a long hold at 25mg from October to February. Started a cut and then realized I had forgotten the 2:1 ratio of the liquid and actually had done a small updose! Tapered the updose back down and then made my cut. I felt generally the same to a little worse during the hold and through the up and down. In the past week or so, however, I've been hit with very bad anxiety and middle of the night awakenings. It's been a real rough ride. Not sure of the trigger other than a personal stress event and the fact that "it happens" in withdrawal. Anxiety is down a little today but I feel completely washed out and completely out of it. Hoping for better tomorrow and moving forward. Have had some really negative thinking the past few days and that's rough.

I was totally inspired by your thread, Dave. Between what you've been through, where you've made it, and the manner in which you express it, the thread is "must reading" for all.

This whole process is so surreal it's easy to lose yourself in the minute-to-minute struggle of keeping your head above the waterline. I've found myself taking on water from time to time and needed to bail so I've kept some distance.

Thanks for checking in.

Andy

• Moderator Emeritus

So, it's 4:15 in the am and I've been up since 3. It's been a rough ride lately. Thoughts would be appreciated.

Those who follow or have read my story will recall, I got down to 25mg at the end of September and decided to do a long hold. I held through the end of January and still wasn't feeling great. By mid-February I decided it was time to start cutting again to see if that would help. Somehow I forgot the liquid sertraline was 2:1 strength so while I thought I was cutting I was actually increasing! A week in I realized my error and corrected back to the 25mg I was at. Did that for a week and then cut to 22.5mg (10%). Started feeling even more symptomatic and backed off from 22.5 to 23.5. Been there ever since and still not feeling very good. Have been having some bad breakthrough anxiety (which I never had before) in the form of middle of night awakening, panic attacks, etc. Trying to figure out the next best step.

Stay where I am and ride it out

Go back up to 25mg and do another several month hold

Continue reducing if I stabilize

Thanks in advance,

Andy

• Moderator Emeritus

Oopsy! So you updosed for 1 week from mid-February. What dose did you take for that week? Was it double?

If you've only been back on the 25mg for 5 weeks , I'd keep holding , and do daily sessions of CES.

:)

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

No, it was only from 25mg to 32.5mg. After that week went back to 25mg for a week. Then went to 22.5mg for 4 days and to 23.5mg from there for the past 2 weeks. So, stay here or go back to 25mg are the real options in my mind.

Thanks, Fresh.

Andy

Hi Andy

I know you are a Brogan fan so just wanted to mention the great interview posted in the media section by Alua.

I see you have now joined the elite 3-4am club... welcome.

Seriously though i am so sorry to read things haven't stabilized for you yet.

I'll let you make the big call.

Just wanted to let you know someone at the bottom of the world is thinking of you.

Stay strong.

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, NZ. Much appreciated.

I'm a subscriber to Sean Croxton's podcast so I heard that interview -- twice.

It's great.

Only good thing about middle of night awakening is more chance to read her book.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Best,

Andy

• Moderator Emeritus

Hmmm , the 3 - 4am club?

Does this mean that nz and apace are not sleeping together?

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, Fresh.

That's what friends are for?

LOL.

Andy

Oh Andy ~ I hate to hear that you're struggling. Sounds like you've got some adrenal fatigue crap going on with the 3 am wake up calls. What really ended the early waking for me were 2 melatonin & 4 kavinace capsules (along with magnesium) before bed. Hang in there & hope this evens out for you very soon!

On Zoloft for 10 years (50 mg) for GAD & panic attacks

Weaned off fall of 2013, terrible set back in Feb '14 back on 100 mg & trazadone to sleep.

Did CT off of Zoloft in May 2014 - bad decision!

Back on 50 mg Zoloft & Xanax as needed (was upped to 75 mg by doctor in Feb 2015)

Started to wean off of Zoloft in April 2015 ~ totally off Zoloft in Oct 2015 and now am on Buspar 11.25 mg to help.

I was on a 50 mg pill & 25 mg pill - I cut the 25 mg pill in half (12.5) and took that with the 50 for 6 weeks - 1st week June 2015

50 mg for another 6 weeks. 25 mg in half and the 50 mg in half (37.5), 25 mg mid Sept for about 2 weeks.,1/2 of the 25 mg last week of Sept/1st week of Oct then off.

Update** 9 mg Zoloft reinstated early Nov 15, along with 1.5 mg Buspar daily. On .50 of Buspar & 9 mg of Zoloft. Oct '16 - off of Buspar, Nov '16 - down to 7.5 mg Zoloft. March'17 - 4 mg Zoloft. July'17 - 2 mg, Sept 1 mg. Oct'17 - off! Done!

I also take magnesium, L theanine, Gaba Calm, L Glutamine, Vit B complex(for methyl issues), Liver & Gall bladder support, Zinc, Whole Food Vit C & Fish Oil. DARE & the bible are the tools I use to help navigate this  process.

PapaBear, Apace41,

I'm pretty new to the forum, but have been reading some of your posts and they've helped me feel better! Hope you're both doing well and just want to say hi!

On zoloft since 2000 for OCD/anxiety. Tapered off from 150mg to 100, 50, 25 over Dec/Jan 2015. After month n half off, began depression. Being terrified, as I never had depression before, after a few days, went back to 50mg, then five days later to 100mg. Now stable. I will stop this medication, with time and perseverance...my current taper level and timing are as follows, which includes No other Rx's, No alcohol, NEVER any illicit drugs:

84mg from October 2016

82mg from February 2017

79mg from April 2017

77mg from June 2017

75mg from July 2017

"Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Today is a Gift." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"Forces beyond your control can take away everything you possess except one thing, your freedom to choose how you will respond to the situation." - Viktor Frankl

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm pretty new to the forum, but have been reading some of your posts and they've helped me feel better!

Thanks for stopping by to say that, Hopeinahpwr. Very nice of you.

I've been in a bit of a struggle of late to be honest, but I'm hoping to settle down soon and will be holding for a little while to let my CNS rest.

Best,

Andy

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh Andy ~ I hate to hear that you're struggling. Sounds like you've got some adrenal fatigue crap going on with the 3 am wake up calls. What really ended the early waking for me were 2 melatonin & 4 kavinace capsules (along with magnesium) before bed. Hang in there & hope this evens out for you very soon!

Thanks for your kind wishes, Bromor. I have been trying some different relaxants at bedtime so we will how that goes. Kavinace looks like a good option if this keeps up. Hoping it won't.

I appreciate your visiting.

Best,

Andy

• Moderator Emeritus

So, it's 4:15 in the am and I've been up since 3. It's been a rough ride lately. Thoughts would be appreciated.

Those who follow or have read my story will recall, I got down to 25mg at the end of September and decided to do a long hold. I held through the end of January and still wasn't feeling great. By mid-February I decided it was time to start cutting again to see if that would help. Somehow I forgot the liquid sertraline was 2:1 strength so while I thought I was cutting I was actually increasing! A week in I realized my error and corrected back to the 25mg I was at. Did that for a week and then cut to 22.5mg (10%). Started feeling even more symptomatic and backed off from 22.5 to 23.5. Been there ever since and still not feeling very good. Have been having some bad breakthrough anxiety (which I never had before) in the form of middle of night awakening, panic attacks, etc. Trying to figure out the next best step.

Stay where I am and ride it out

Go back up to 25mg and do another several month hold

Continue reducing if I stabilize

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Brief update to the foregoing:

Based on input from several confirming my own intuition I increased back up to 25mg and plan to do a lengthy hold.  I fear that I have underappreciated the impact of my situation whether because I was honestly thinking it wasn't that big a deal or because I was in a little bit of denial (I suspect the latter, but it's not really that significant).

In increased my dose last weekend and added the following to the mix:

Started acupuncture again last Friday and had sessions Tuesday and will have another today

Have increased the number of cups of chamomile tea that I'm drinking a day

Added vitamin C 2x daily

Tinkering with melatonin and other sleep-time aids

Results have been mixed.

Last Friday night into Saturday -- slept pretty well

Last Saturday into Sunday -- slept pretty well

Sunday into Monday -- slept like a rock -- alarm woke me which never happens -- but felt very tired and sluggish all day

Each of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights this week I woke in the middle of the night (different times) and could not return to sleep.

So, I'm not entirely sure what is happening and why.  My best guess is that my body is trying to restabilize at 25mg but that has been confounded by the fact that I had the several jumps up and down (as noted above) and further by the fact that going back up meant going from a pill/liquid mx to a pill only which I think is probably further destabilizing.  I am going to sit here, try to be good to myself, and hope like crazy to get back to a good sleep pattern.

Back to my comment regarding my history and my system being sensitive and me not fully appreciating it.

I was of the view that by doing a slow taper over 2 years off the benzo that I effectively negated the effects of withdrawal.  As I read more and more stories, especially for someone like me who was on the med for 20+ years, a slow taper may minimize the damage but it is not reasonable to think that I "escaped" all withdrawal by doing that.  Thus, my system was undoubtedly sensitive when I completed.  The proper course of action would have been to wait a minimum of 6 months and probably more before I started to taper the Zoloft. 

I did not know about A/D withdrawal until I came here, however, and that was after I was well along.  On the benzo sites they tend to make it sound like benzos are so much harder to taper than ADs and I believed that rhetoric.  So, I started my taper of Zoloft less than a month after my benzo taper was complete.  And, because I thought it would be easier, I dropped 25% in my first cut waited a month, dropped another 17%, waited another month and dropped another 20% putting me at 50mg.  While someone who had not been on the med as long and who had not tapered a benzo might not have been affected by that process, I believe that set the wheels in motion for me to be highly sensitive going forward. 

So, here I am now, thinking that my hold from October to February was not enough to allow my system to catch up and that a further hold is in order.  I am fully and completely subscribing to Rhi's advice on The Slowness of Slow Tapers (http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2364-the-slowness-of-slow-tapers/).

Any thoughts or reactions very much welcome.

Best,

Andy

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Andy and sorry you haven't been so well lately.

You know me, as a firm subscriber to Rhi's going slow and holding theory, I fully support your course of action. I have personally found that holding with as much patience as I could muster would get me out of trouble. I just don't know of any other way (when I mess things up). I'm slowlyyyy recovering after my big crash and now I also have to hold and hold some more...

It might take time but I firmly believe we will get there.

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

• Moderator Emeritus

It might take time but I firmly believe we will get there.

Thanks, Bubble.  I agree.

Of course reading Baylissa at 4 in the morning is not my preferred activity!  :o

Andy

hey Andy you are always one step ahead of me...just requested Baylissa from the library ..they gotta buy it first though.

i think you got it sorted 'going forward.'

Hope 25 is a more stabilizing number for you

regards

nz11

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for your thoughts, NZ.

So far, not yet "sorted out."  I thought the middle of the night awakenings were bad but last night I was not able to fall asleep at all.  It seems to be getting worse not better and I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Very concerned about what is happening.  I can only hope that I will stabilize soon and get back to a normal pattern.

Best,

Andy

• Moderator Emeritus

Night two of not being able to sleep at all.  Every time I start to nod off I get a cortisol surge and fear races through my chest and into my throat and I'm back awake with my thoughts racing.  Not sure what to do.  Trying all the usual things like breathing, binaural beats, chamomile tea.  Tried GABA, added a valerian, but nothing seems to be able to get me to actually sleep.

Anyone with any ideas?  I know there are lots of insomnia sufferers.  This just seems to have come up on me out of the blue.

Have people seen experiences of this as a transient symptom where someone gets hit with it for a short while and then the body sorts it out?  I'm just afraid of this settling in for a long stay.

Thanks,

Andy

• Moderator Emeritus

So your sleep is deteriorating then since you went from 23.5mg ( two days ago) to 25mg.

Two nights at 25mg , two nights no sleep at all?

That tells me that bumping up is not helping.

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

Brassmonkey sure has made this look easy hasn't he.

Sorry to read of this difficult time.

Hope it settles soon for you.

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus

So your sleep is deteriorating then since you went from 23.5mg ( two days ago) to 25mg.

Two nights at 25mg , two nights no sleep at all?

That tells me that bumping up is not helping.

Deteriorating suggests there is some, Fresh.  LOL.

It went as follows:

Slept poorly last Tuesday, Wed, Thurs (middle of night awakening) but slept decently last Friday and went to 25mg on Saturday.

Slept well Sat and very well Sun.  Started deteriorating with a middle of night awakening on Tuesday and Wednesday then no sleep Thursday and Friday.

I don't want to go back to 23.5 because I've been jumping around so much due to the various issues (including my mis-measurement).  I would think that this would stabilize over the next few days at 25 since that is where I spent 4+ months prior to the cut a few weeks back.

Do you disagree?

Thanks,

Andy

• Moderator Emeritus

Brassmonkey sure has made this look easy hasn't he.

Sorry to read of this difficult time.

Hope it settles soon for you.

Yup, NZ.

I'm happy for him but very, very envious.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Andy

• Moderator Emeritus

"Last Friday night into Saturday -- slept pretty well

Last Saturday into Sunday -- slept pretty well

Sunday into Monday -- slept like a rock -- alarm woke me which never happens -- but felt very tired and sluggish all day

Each of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights this week I woke in the middle of the night (different times) and could not return to sleep."

At this stage I guess it's 6 of one , half a dozen of the other.

It's a shame that you updosed on Saturday after your first decent / improved night's sleep. Things may have been beginning to settle.

I know the sense of urgency to do something. It's done now , see how things go over the next week. If you continue to be totally nocturnal , I'd go back down if it were me.

I believe another change would be less of an insult to your system than staying on a dose that's making you more toxic.

bw ,

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

It's a shame that you updosed on Saturday after your first decent / improved night's sleep. Things may have been beginning to settle.

Went back and double-checked, Fresh.  Actually did the updose on Friday and had the good night's sleep after the updose.  As I think about it, that was what made me think I had "fixed" the problem and I was back into a good groove.  Had a very decent weekend.  I lost track of it over the past week.

So, the updose seemed to be the solution.  Not sure if something else has hit my CNS and caused these crazy cortisol rushes. I've had some personal stresses.  I suppose they could be enough, but...  certainly new pattern for me.

Thanks again,

Andy

• Administrator

Andy, it takes a few days for your system to fully register an updose. Looks to me like your system liked a little bit more, but found the full 25mg to be too much.

You might try 24.5 and see if that reduces the overstimulation.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

The challenge is that when I do that with Zoloft I go back to part liquid part tablet and when you break the tablet and measure the liquid it's hard to get accurate enough at a .5 increment to be confident. Would you think if I stayed at 25mg that I would likely adjust to that over the next several days? I know it's always hard to be sure but I like the certainty of dose of a single pill. Plus, I'm always concerned about going back and forth liquid to tablet. If I was all liquid it would be a lot easier.

Thanks, Alto.

Andy

• Administrator

You might adjust. Or you might want to break up your 25mg dose and take the second fragment a couple of hours later until you get used to it.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• Moderator Emeritus

Interesting thought. So, take the 25mg and break it. Take 1/2 at 6 when I get ready for work and the other half at, say, 8 when I arrive at the office? Kind of a "do it yourself extended release?"

• Administrator

I'd take the majority early and a lesser amount later. This prevents it from hitting your system all at once.

• Moderator Emeritus

I see. So more like 2/3 up front and 1/3 later?

I felt like 25mg made the most sense because (1) it was the dose I held at from Oct. to end of Feb. and (2) it creates ease and certainty of administration.

If I'm understanding your thought process all I need now is a pill box to transport the second segment to avoid forgetting it altogether.

• Moderator Emeritus

Night 3 of no sleep.

Fresh -- remind me that one can go a long time without sleep. I seem to recall you suffered with that and have posted about it. I know AliG and others are in similar camps. I'm hoping the adjustments discussed on this thread with Alto earlier today help ge me out of this little bind. If not, I'm going to have to find some sleep aid that works on a temporary basis at least to take every so often. I can survive lack of sleep for a while but my employer may not be as patient.

Best,

Andy