The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Healing

Mario80 im so sorry your going through this. Please keep hanging on. There are so many success stories, and that is what helps me. Other things that helps me is taking walks, there is a accupuncture protocol for withdraw that helps. I also have a supplement from pure encapulations called cortisol calm. It keeps your cortisol levels down. I also do talk therapy. I also have seen a chiropractor that does kenisology on me and that helps too. Keep fighting friend. Fight for those windows. There are alot of resources out there.

2012 july started prozac (i cant remember dosage)

2013 october tappered off prozac so i could switch to valafexine.

Nov 2013 started valafexine 37.5 day

Dec 2013 went up to 150 mg a day of valafexine (2-75s)

2020-started trazadone 1 50 mg

March 2022 - started tapper valafexine. I would take a 75 mg and cut 1/4 off of the second 75 mg tablet.

July 2023- completely off valafexine 

Oct 5th 2023 started 2 25s a day of valafexine Oct 9th went up to 100mg of valafexine a day

Oct 14 went down to 37.5 of valafexine.

Oct 21 started mirtazapine 15 mg and 2- 5 mg buspar

Oct 23 stopped valafexine

Oct 28 stopped buspar

i have big pain in my body somthing as arthritis pain.My life every day is in big pain.I am scared for my life.i am totaly destroyed dont know if my body can live on this way.Any advice 🙁?

i was 8 years 30 mg mitrazpine.2 years taper 30/15/7.5/3.75.and 2 years 4 months off.

i feel very bad.Big anexity and tired.I have big pain in body and pain in muscle.

i am in depression and have adhedonia.

Have thingling in teeth and fingers.

i every day live i  pain.

i have no emotion.

I say if your that scared maybe you should see you doctor? Sounds pretty awful, im so sorry. The things i mentioned before helped my body pain as well. 

March 2022 - started tapper valafexine. I would take a 75 mg and cut 1/4 off of the second 75 mg tablet.

Oct 5th 2023 started 2 25s a day of valafexine Oct 9th went up to 100mg of valafexine a day

Oct 28 stopped buspar

Anyone crashed from antibiotics? I was having a mini window at the beginning of December after months of stagnating recovery, but due to an aggressive foot infection I had to take different antibiotics via pills (augmentin and azhytromycin) and once via injection at the ER (ceftriaxone)..

This crashed me a lot, I feel like at the beginning of my withdrawal, like 10 months of progress deleted, I feel so hopeless...

June 2022: 100mg fluvoxamine, 2-3mg lorazepam

July 2022: 100mg fluvoxamine, 3-4mg lorazepam

Then cross-tapered lorazepam with pregabalin (up to 225mg) - mostly rebound anxiety and insomnia as withdrawals, but no severe symptoms.

October 2022: 100mg fluvoxamine, 225 mg pregabalin, 0mg lorazepam

Started tapering pregabalin to 0mg, completed in around a month without withdrawals.

End of December 2022: Started fluvoxamine tapering: 1/8 reduction every 1-2 weeks. No severe withdrawals except fatigue.

After stabilizing at 25mg for 2 weeks, started having huge improvements in anhedonia, mood and emotional numbness.

Then went from 25mg to 12.5 and after a week to 0.

Last dose of fluvoxamine: 6 March 2023 - following days irritability, stress. 5 Days after last dose got anhedonia and emotional numbness again, apathy and fatigue.

From what we understand about our nervous systems and how chemicals are produced in the brain, it begins in our gut. Therefore, when something like an antibiotic is introduced it kills not only the bad bacteria but also the good. 

Odds are it can be 100% related. Even if it's not, it's common for the brain to just have found another part to heal. It will pass.  You've got this. 

I am not a medical professional - my advice is only based on my experience.

2016 - Lexapro 10mg, Klonapin as needed .5mg - Later Lexapro bumped to 20mg
2020 - (March) Lexapro cold Turkey attempt, reinstated 1 month Later along with Prozac. Tried Buspar, Zoloft and a couple other drugs that were added and removed within a 2 month period 2021 -  (Feb) 15mg -Taper off Lexapro 5mg per psychiatrist suggestion.

2021 -  (Feb) 10mg

2021 - (March) back to 20mg
2022 - Attempt Taper off Lexapro 2mg every 4 weeks (March 18mg, April 16mg, May 14mg, June 12mg, July 10mg, August 10mg hold, September 8mg,  October 8mg to 10mg, Nov 8mg, Dec 6mg, Jan 4mg)

2023 - January 4mg up to 5mg 

2023 - 10 percent brass monkey taper.

August 2023 COMPLETELY off medication.

April 2024 Currently in protracted antidepressant  withdrawal

Supplements: omega-3, magnesium glycinate

I’m now in my 7th month off a slow long taper of Mirtazepine.  My windows and waves pattern has only gotten rose as each month has passed.   This month in particular has been horrible and I haven’t had any windows…is this normal, to get worse before better?

- Prescribed Xanax for 2 weeks after knee surgery in 2016 (reaction to anesthesia)

- cold turkeyed Xanax and was in hospital then bedridden

-  Found Ashton Manuel and crossed over to 15 mg’s Valium

- Tapering off Valium with pills and compound 2016-2018

-  Prescribed Remeron nightly in July 2017 for nausea, loss of appetite, weight loss and mood (1.875 mg’s)

-  Finished Valium taper July 2018

- on mirt from 2017-2021 slowly tapering

- got down to .25 and got very ill, updosed to .50 mgs

-slowly tapered and finished July 2023

-As of January 2024 in acute withdrawals and sleep is the worst!

I am doing slow tapering. I have a full time job and can't expect to get relaxations because I am in WD.

From what I have seen in success stories, it appears that people aren't able to attend to their professional needs while in withdrawal (at least for a couple of years). Can someone point me to some success stories where people have been able to come off completely while maintaining their full time jobs.

member21's drug history  Started on Prodep (fluoxetine) 20mg in mid 1998.  Increased to 40mg + lithium 1000mg. Within few days got Mainac. Later doses of Lithium + venlafaxine upto 2001. in 2001 put on Sodium valporate 1000mg + 3 x 37.5 venlafax. Tried CT quit a few times upto 2015. Each time back on Enc. chrono. + Venlafax - 75 to 112.5mg .

In 2018 switched Doctor - switched me from Venlafax to Paroxetine 25mg (perhaps to sell what she had). Had to return to my old doctor. Stayed on paroxetine till sep 19 (tapering it down to 12.5mg). Doctor CT stopped it due to mania (I had on my own reduced my stabalizer from 300mg to 200mg). After trying a trycyclic and 3-4 milder SSRIs and having a crash (and absence from work) in Jan 20 again put on Venlafax 112.5mg. Again started tapering by end of 2020.

upto Jun 21- encorate chrono 500 + Venlafaxine 37.5. July 21 enc. chro. red to 400mg. Aug21- enc chrono - 300mg. Sep 21 - enc. chrono -200(no change in venlafax. 37.5). 10Jan 22 - Encorate Chrono 200mg (held constant), venlafaxine 37.5 reduced to 3/4 tab, feb22 tried to reduce to 1/2 tab but had to inc to 3/4 within 2 days. 22Apr22 - 1/2 tab, 15may- back to 1/2+1/8. 5aug switched to capsule form (23.43mg), 29Aug- 22.5mg, 27Oct22-23.43 31oct22 25.31mg, 25Nov22-27.2mg, 20Jul23 -3.5%(26.25mg), 01Aug-3.5%(25.31mg), 15Aug23 -3.7%(24.375mg)

08Feb24- s.valproate 160mg, venlafax 24.4mg

21Mar24-valproate 152mg, 11Apr-144mg, 21Apr- 140mg

Omega 3 - from walnuts, flax seed. Vitamin B12 - 1500mcg/week

• Administrator

@member21 I maintained a full time job throughout WD and I CT quit everything. It is extremely possible if you want it to be. It was extremely hard, but I didnt have a choice. Had to keep providing for my family. What worked for me was honesty with my boss. I explained to him what I was going through and that it could take a long time to heal. I asked for patience and understanding and they were there for me. Best of luck!

2010-2011 - Tramadol - Can't remember dosage

2011 - CT Quit Tramadol

2011-2019 - St Johns Wart - Started out at 3 Pills a day (300 MG) and increased to 6 per day over the years

August 2019 - CT Quit St Johns (Told by Hospital Dr to Stop Taking due to increased BP)

September 2019 - Citalopram 10mg - Approx 2 weeks - CT Quit

September 2019 - October 2019 - Clonazepam .5mg - Approx 3 weeks - CT Quit

Drug Free Since October 5th 2019

• 3 weeks later...

Question for all you pro taperers and withdrawal symptoms people… I have had withdrawal symptoms for the past 4 weeks when I dropped from 10 to 7.5 mg. (This was before I discovered this site and the 10% rule) I started keto last Tuesday 1/23 and I felt good all week until Friday when I left around 3:00 to make a four hour drive to my aunts cabin I was by myself on the drive and it was one of the worst drives of my life. I felt anxious most of the drive, I had really bad shakes/shivering, brain fog, weakness, etc. but I didn’t really feel anxious per say. I got down to my aunts cabin and I started tiling her shower and I felt fine most of the weekend. I stayed in keto until Saturday 1/27 afternoon when I left. As soon as I left, I started shaking bad again and felt like I was going crazy. The drive four hours home was the most miserable four hours of my life. I stopped an hour in at a rest stop and almost went to the hospital. I was “freaking out” but I didn’t really feel anxious. I ran a couple laps around the rest stop and I felt better. On the first lap in, I stopped and puked. I then drive another hour and felt bad the whole time and stopped and got gas and a Gatorade and then I felt good for the rest of the trip. Today is Sunday 1/28 and I still am not on keto. I’ve felt better today but I’ve still had two periods of these “anxious” spells. One lasted for 15 minutes and the other about 3 plus hours. Neither one was as bad as what I experience on the way home yesterday. No shaking, just felt like I was in a big adrenaline rush. 

I am curious to all of you out there…. Is this just an anxious spell triggered by being far away from home or just another withdrawal wave? It doesn’t seem like anxiety… but since I’m on lower meds it could be.

it’s now 3:30 AM on January 29th and I am wide awake. I have intermittent shivering spells, sometimes pretty bad, dry clammy mouth, stiff muscles in my throat and neck area, can’t sleep, night sweats, loss of appetite, confused mental state, etc. I can’t get any relief. Even deep breathing will not help…

Any help would be appreciated. 

Started Zoloft 07/2021 - adverse reaction. Stopped taking it three days in. Started taking 10 mg of Lexapro around 09/2021. Stayed at 10 mg for a couple months. Upped to 20mg around 01/2022. Everything was great on 20mg. No complaints.  Started tapering off 09/2023. 15mg at first. Went down to 12.5mg on 09/19/2023. Went down to 10mg 10/24/2023. Went down to 7.5mg 12/05/2023. Updosed to 10mg on 1/30/2024 due to anxiety coming back. 2/23/2024 upped to 15mg due to anxiety still being around. 3/1/2024 Upped to 20mg to stabilize.  

Hey @BenD7123

Sorry about all that mate, what you're experiencing is normal, not saying that being far from home can't be a trigger for some anxiousness, but I had the same thing while I was going through withdrawal and the more I followed a keto diet, the better I felt, but when I strayed from it, I started to get the withdrawal symptoms again. 

Now, that only lasted a season, later on in my taper process that changed and it was no longer keto that helped but just a heathly diet, the brain seems to know what it needs and some things help at some points and then it switches. 

When I was in the worst of it as it seems you are experiencing now. The best thing for me was to treat it like you would treat inflamation. Water water and more water. Nothing that irritated that in regards to food. Move minimally, unless your body tells you differently. Good luck. You got this. 

2020 - (March) Lexapro cold Turkey attempt, reinstated 1 month Later along with Prozac. Tried Buspar, Zoloft and a couple other drugs that were added and removed within a 2 month period 2021 -  (Feb) 15mg -Taper off Lexapro 5mg per psychiatrist suggestion.

2021 -  (Feb) 10mg

2022 - Attempt Taper off Lexapro 2mg every 4 weeks (March 18mg, April 16mg, May 14mg, June 12mg, July 10mg, August 10mg hold, September 8mg,  October 8mg to 10mg, Nov 8mg, Dec 6mg, Jan 4mg)

Im so sorry your going through this. To me it sounds like to much at once. It does sound like a reaction to down dosing so you might need to go a bit slower. You might have to go back up on your dose and then come back down at a slower pace. I know when i was in acute withdraw it was terrifing because it was so intense, i had alot of those same reactions as well. Also, you might want to consider holding off on keto untill you regulate better, it just might be to much on your body at once.  When i got to the point where i completely stopped my meds i was ok for a couple of weeks abd then the withdraw hit fast and hard. My symptoms were alot like yours for weeks. I got to the point where i needed some relief, so my doc put me back on a small dose and then weened back off again. She did give me anti nausea meds and stronger sleep meds to help me through. For my waves i found accupuncture helps. There is a withdraw protocol. She also hits spots for anxiety and insomnia as well. I also take a supplement called cortisol calm from pure encapsulations. I take it in the am and pm when cortisol is at its highest. Hopefully some of this helps. My heart really goes out to you, i know how bad this sucks but it will get better. Keep reserching this site and reaching out. Your not alone

Oct 28 stopped buspar

• Mentor
6 hours ago, BenD7123 said:

I started keto last Tuesday

Hi @BenD7123!  I'm so sorry you're dealing with all this.  I just want to share my experience with trying to do the keto diet in withdrawal.  Every time I would go into ketosis it would trigger acute mania, anxiety, and insomnia.  I actually had to abandon the diet altogether and add back in some carbs due to the horrible reaction it gave me.  For some people in withdrawal, keto can be a lifesaver but unfortunately for others it can make WD symptoms worse.  I hope this gives you a little bit of insight to help you pinpoint where your issues could possibly be coming from.  I hope you get some relief and feel better soon!

Warmly,

Catina ❤️

Disclaimer:  This is not professional medical advice but is based on personal experience only.

1994 - 2017:  Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Seroquel, Buspar, Lorazepam, Xanax, Ambien

2005-present:  Trazodone 50 mg 

2017:  Effexor XR 37.5 >> 75 mg 

2020 (March):  Began 10% monthly taper of Effexor XR (got down to 12 mg)

2021 (September):  Completely crashed.  Went back up to 37.5 mg but in doing so I kindled myself

2024:  1/1:  35.6 mg (-6 beads)  |  2/1:  33.8 mg (-11 beads)  |  3/1:  32.1 mg (-16 beads)  |   4/1:  (-18 beads)

Reasons for starting psych meds:  PMDD/Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Other medications:  Levothyroxine 75 mcg

Supplements:  Dr. Berg's Electrolyte Powder on occasion   

Hi @Catina7, thanks for the reply! When you experienced what sounds like I am experiencing, how long did it take for the symptoms to fade? Before I started keto, it seemed my withdrawal symptoms were coming to an end, but then on my fourth day of keto it hit me.... I have been off keto a day and a half now and it feels like I am slowly getting better.  

Started Zoloft 07/2021 - adverse reaction. Stopped taking it three days in. Started taking 10 mg of Lexapro around 09/2021. Stayed at 10 mg for a couple months. Upped to 20mg around 01/2022. Everything was great on 20mg. No complaints.  Started tapering off 09/2023. 15mg at first. Went down to 12.5mg on 09/19/2023. Went down to 10mg 10/24/2023. Went down to 7.5mg 12/05/2023. Updosed to 10mg on 1/30/2024 due to anxiety coming back. 2/23/2024 upped to 15mg due to anxiety still being around. 3/1/2024 Upped to 20mg to stabilize.  

• Mentor
2 minutes ago, BenD7123 said:

how long did it take for the symptoms to fade?

It would take a few days for me to feel better.  If you've been off the keto and are slowly getting better then it was probably the ketosis that was causing your issues.  Hang in there!

Disclaimer:  This is not professional medical advice but is based on personal experience only.

1994 - 2017:  Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Seroquel, Buspar, Lorazepam, Xanax, Ambien

2021 (September):  Completely crashed.  Went back up to 37.5 mg but in doing so I kindled myself

2024:  1/1:  35.6 mg (-6 beads)  |  2/1:  33.8 mg (-11 beads)  |  3/1:  32.1 mg (-16 beads)  |   4/1:  (-18 beads)

That is good news @Catina7 .... the keto could have done it then.  I am going to see my psychiatrist at 4:30 later today.  Only thing I am worried about is him upping my dose back to 10mg instead of staying on 7.5mg since I have been on 7.5mg for two months.  

I started keto Tuesday 1/23 and I immediately started to feel a lot better and had tons of energy.  That lasted until Friday 1/25 around 4:00 when I was on my way down to southern Virginia on a 4 hour drive.  I wonder if those first 3 or 4 days were me manic since I felt so good? I couldn't stop shaking the entire time I was driving and felt like I was going crazy and was not myself.  When I got to my aunts cabin and I started to lay the shower tile, I felt better, but not myself.  As soon as I left her cabin Saturday 1/26 at 3:00, the shaking and crazy psychological symptoms came back the entire way home pretty much.  I stopped at a rest area an hour in on the drive and tried to run a couple laps around the rest area, as running seems to always keep me calm and relaxed, and about 1 or 2 minutes into the run, I stopped and puked.  After that I ran some more and started feeling better and got back in the car.  That only last for 20 or so minutes.  Like I said, it was a miserable drive! 

I am really hoping that this reaction and list of symptoms is from Keto.  Before I started tapering the meds, I did keto for a month or so about a year ago and it worked great, but maybe not this time....

During this whole thing I have just been laying in bed all day with my eyes closed trying to sleep.  If I get up or go do anything, my symptoms seem to get worse. 

Thanks for the reply!

• Mentor
29 minutes ago, BenD7123 said:

I am really hoping that this reaction and list of symptoms is from Keto

I can't say for 100% sure, but it's definitely a possibility.  Keto does something to the mitochondria and it can give you lots of energy.  Unfortunately, for some of us that translates to anxiety.  I did keto too before I began tapering and did really well with it.  I just can't do it now unfortunately, and I'm really bummed b/c it really kept my weight down and cleared my skin up.  Oh well, I'd rather be able to function and feel halfway decent.  

The only way to know for sure is once you feel better you can try going into ketosis again.  If it causes you horrible symptoms again, then you'll 100% know it was from the keto.

@Catina7 After this whole crazy ordeal, I don't think I am going to try Keto again lol.  I just ate 2/3 of a chicken sandwich and about 3/4 of a large fry from chick-fil-a and I am starting to feel a lot better.  We shall see how long that lasts.

• Mentor
3 hours ago, BenD7123 said:

@Catina7 After this whole crazy ordeal, I don't think I am going to try Keto again lol.  I just ate 2/3 of a chicken sandwich and about 3/4 of a large fry from chick-fil-a and I am starting to feel a lot better.  We shall see how long that lasts.

I understand, believe me!  Just play it by ear and see how you feel by having some carbs.  

@Catina7 I have been back to a "normal" diet for today and I do feel better.  My doc wants me to dose back up to 10mg to stabilize.  Hope this works!

@Jakeblack14 I am updosing to 10mg according to the doctor.  Once I get back to being stabilized, I am going to try keto again... unless you think I should go ahead and try keto again now? The doc thinks what I went through the past few days was the anxiety coming back, not anything to do with keto.... which makes sense since the whole reason I got on lexapro three years ago is because I was afraid to travel far from home.

Im so glad you got a little break. Every body is different. Give your body what it needs

Oct 28 stopped buspar

• Mentor
12 hours ago, BenD7123 said:

The doc thinks what I went through the past few days was the anxiety coming back, not anything to do with keto

He may be right or he may not be right.  Just remember, doctors in general do not understand anything about tapering correctly or withdrawal effects from these drugs.  As I mentioned before, the only way to know for sure is to try the keto again if and when you stabilize.  If you have another bad reaction then it was definitely the diet.  I hope all goes well!  -Catina ❤️

15 hours ago, BenD7123 said:

@Jakeblack14 I am updosing to 10mg according to the doctor.  
The doc thinks what I went through the past few days was the anxiety coming back, not anything to do with keto.... which makes sense since the whole reason I got on lexapro three years ago is because I was afraid to travel far from home.

Do the mods also think up dosing is required?

Its widely discussed on the forum that the doctors don’t believe in withdrawal, and call it return of illness.

member21's drug history  Started on Prodep (fluoxetine) 20mg in mid 1998.  Increased to 40mg + lithium 1000mg. Within few days got Mainac. Later doses of Lithium + venlafaxine upto 2001. in 2001 put on Sodium valporate 1000mg + 3 x 37.5 venlafax. Tried CT quit a few times upto 2015. Each time back on Enc. chrono. + Venlafax - 75 to 112.5mg .

In 2018 switched Doctor - switched me from Venlafax to Paroxetine 25mg (perhaps to sell what she had). Had to return to my old doctor. Stayed on paroxetine till sep 19 (tapering it down to 12.5mg). Doctor CT stopped it due to mania (I had on my own reduced my stabalizer from 300mg to 200mg). After trying a trycyclic and 3-4 milder SSRIs and having a crash (and absence from work) in Jan 20 again put on Venlafax 112.5mg. Again started tapering by end of 2020.

upto Jun 21- encorate chrono 500 + Venlafaxine 37.5. July 21 enc. chro. red to 400mg. Aug21- enc chrono - 300mg. Sep 21 - enc. chrono -200(no change in venlafax. 37.5). 10Jan 22 - Encorate Chrono 200mg (held constant), venlafaxine 37.5 reduced to 3/4 tab, feb22 tried to reduce to 1/2 tab but had to inc to 3/4 within 2 days. 22Apr22 - 1/2 tab, 15may- back to 1/2+1/8. 5aug switched to capsule form (23.43mg), 29Aug- 22.5mg, 27Oct22-23.43 31oct22 25.31mg, 25Nov22-27.2mg, 20Jul23 -3.5%(26.25mg), 01Aug-3.5%(25.31mg), 15Aug23 -3.7%(24.375mg)

22 hours ago, BenD7123 said:

@Jakeblack14 I am updosing to 10mg according to the doctor.  Once I get back to being stabilized, I am going to try keto again... unless you think I should go ahead and try keto again now? The doc thinks what I went through the past few days was the anxiety coming back, not anything to do with keto.... which makes sense since the whole reason I got on lexapro three years ago is because I was afraid to travel far from home.

Do what's best for your body. Are you doing Keto just because it was beneficial in withdrawal at the time, or are you doing it outside of withdrawal for other health reasons? 

I am not a betting man, but if I were I would say updosing to 10mg will remediate most of your symptoms fairly quickly and keto will be arbitrary. 

2021 -  (Feb) 10mg

@Jakeblack14 Jake, I am on my second day of 10mg lexapro after updosing from 7.5mg.  I feel a decent amount better, still some anxiousness but better compared to over the weekend.  I am also sleeping better, but I still have some bad brain fog and a little bit of tightness in my head, but I would say in another week, I will be back to normal. Just gotta let my body get used to the higher dose and stabilize! 

As far as Keto goes, I just did it because it is supposed to be very good for mental health and I need to lose the weight that lexapro caused me to put on. I will restart keto soon I think...

@BenD7123,

Awesome, good luck. I would sit there for a while before deciding to taper again. When you do, brass Monkey Taper seems to be the most accepted and helpful we have found. 

Tips for Tapering Lexapro

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/406-tips-for-tapering-off-escitalopram-lexapro

Brassmonkey Slide Method of Micro Tapering

How Psychiatric Drugs Remodel Your Brain

About Reinstating and Stabilizing to Reduce Withdrawal Symptoms

2021 -  (Feb) 10mg

@Jakeblack14 I am going to hold at 10mg for a couple months and then see what happens.  My psychiatrist wants me to stay at 10mg for a year and then we can start to taper off again but I am not sure about all of that...

Since you have been off the lexapro, do you notice much of a difference? I have no complaints about being on it other than the weight gain... I feel great. 

@Catina7 Thanks for the kind words! I know my psychiatrist knows a whole lot of nothing about tapering and that whole process... I am starting to stabilize at 10mg and just have some pressure in my head, brain fog, and a small amount of anxiety left, but other than that I am feeling fine.  Going to hold at 10mg for a couple months and then maybe start tapering again!

• Mentor
1 hour ago, BenD7123 said:

@Catina7 Thanks for the kind words! I know my psychiatrist knows a whole lot of nothing about tapering and that whole process... I am starting to stabilize at 10mg and just have some pressure in my head, brain fog, and a small amount of anxiety left, but other than that I am feeling fine.  Going to hold at 10mg for a couple months and then maybe start tapering again!

Of course!  I'm happy that you're stabilizing...yay!  Slow and steady wins the race.  

Hi all… I just wanted to ask for some advice or help and see what everyone else’s experience with updosing is on here. I am on my 5th day since I upped from 7.5mg to 10mg. I feel overall better and am sleeping better but I still get anxiety sometimes where I get sweaty, confusion/brain fog, feel anxious, loss of appetite, weakness in my legs, etc. My question is does this usually go away the longer I’m on 10mg since I upped my dose? I don’t want to go on any higher dose than 10mg if I don’t have to… any help or tips would be appreciated! I’m so glad I joined this group of awesome, knowledgeable people! 

It takes time for your body to balance and catch up, and until it does you will still have withdraw symptoms. 

Oct 28 stopped buspar

Has anyone on here experienced breathing issues while coming off effexor iam currently having severe breathing problems they seem to be caused by histamine and have only started since coming off effexor any advice would be appreciated 

I was previously on lexapro 10 mg from August 2011 to November 22 the Effexor 75 mg from November 22 to currently 

I am having similar experience.

For a few months I had been feeling that my breathing is restricted/constricted. Sometimes used to feel restless while lying for sleep.

But in the past one month or so the breathing has deteriorated a lot more. Feel lack of breathing while talking. In general feel shortness of breath during some activities.

Sometimes (perhaps once a day) gasp for air with an oral noise.

Makes me wonder if it is withdrawal which would resolve with time, or something like asthma which shall get worse.

A couple of days ago I noticed that I was having such noisy gasps during sleep also.

I posted the above a few days ago in my thread. Am withdrawing from Venlafaxine. 
Request guidance.

8 hours ago, paulk23 said:

Has anyone on here experienced breathing issues while coming off effexor iam currently having severe breathing problems they seem to be caused by histamine and have only started since coming off effexor any advice would be appreciated 

@paulk23

Please see a doctor to diagnose this. Breathing issues are serious and regardless of the source need to be treated urgently. 

Omw

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

2 hours ago, member21 said:

I am having similar experience.

For a few months I had been feeling that my breathing is restricted/constricted. Sometimes used to feel restless while lying for sleep.

But in the past one month or so the breathing has deteriorated a lot more. Feel lack of breathing while talking. In general feel shortness of breath during some activities.

Sometimes (perhaps once a day) gasp for air with an oral noise.

Makes me wonder if it is withdrawal which would resolve with time, or something like asthma which shall get worse.

A couple of days ago I noticed that I was having such noisy gasps during sleep also.

I posted the above a few days ago in my thread. Am withdrawing from Venlafaxine. 
Request guidance.

Please see a doctor urgently. Breathing issues are serious and we are neither equipped to diagnose them or treat them. 

OMW

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

But if they are only withdrawal that may fade with time.

one already has a lot of Doctor visits due to depression, and other complaints 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy