☼ manymoretodays: off many years of many medications

manymoretodays

Love to you and to Betsy Ross cat,  ❤️ @manymoretodays

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

March 2016 used MDMA triggered setback

April 2016 Citalopram 10mg October 2016 cut to 5mg, May 2017 cut to 2.5mg

May 2018 used MDMA triggered setback

June 2018 Citalopram 2.5mg up to 10mg, then back to 5mg

July/ August 2018 7.5mg, then 10mg

June 2019 updosed to 20mg Citalopram

August 2019 cold switch to Venlafaxine 75mg XR

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

so sorry for the loss of your dear Betsy Ross cat, @manymoretodays 😢

big hugs 💔

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks again.  You guys are very sweet and good to me! 

......and I thought 2020 was going to be a great year.........ooftah.  Was I ever wrong. 

Just the same, I am going to write my Success Story..... even though.......I am not quite ready for "prime time" and don't always feel like a success, I shall do it!  Maybe.

"prime time" is just slang for the main television times of usage, and the shows on during those hours......my slang and humor.

B)❤️

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

I am finding it very interesting, as to how cats' are seeming to show up everywhere.  There was mewing outside the window at home.   And........I was ever so fortunate to get away briefly, for a wonderful adventure, a bit south of here.  Stray cats outside my window there again!

I am so thankful for the time, the era really, with Betsey Ross cat.  Her spirit lives on in this home.

I ventured out to see a local chiropractor last week too.  I'd been having more severe upper back and neck pain.  And did share my history with medications with him, withdrawal, and what I know now, around my own healing, from so many years of all sorts of classes of the psychotropics.  He seemed open.  And did say that he agreed with the use of magnesium.  I do have a little bit of irritable heart, had my GP do a ECG a few visits back.  And have some occasional PVC's.  The DO, chiropractor felt like the magnesium could help with those, and any other irritable instabilities, of our systems.   I did also learn previously, that many of us do have occasional PVC'S, from drugs or not.

Upper back and neck pain slightly better.  I've got some things I can do at home now, or elsewhere too........to loosen up.  Some range of motion exercises and stretches, which I'm sure will help.  And I'll continue with this chiropractor for a little bit.

Anyway, I'm feeling refreshed.  Quite.  Got lot's of hiking in, some extraordinary nature viewing and being, some swims, good food, and family love, and all that in.  I met up with my sister and BIL.  And then had some time alone, when they headed off.  So glad that they are able to go stay separately,  while checking in on Mum, visiting with her this month!  And I'm doing great with this sibling........kind of ironic of me........lol......but glad about this.  🤗

All scheduled for my crown too.  And Yikes, my usual dentist had retired!  I wish him well, and will miss his care greatly.

Oh......Wayne Dyer has been helpful lately.  I've been reading and then listening to some of his work via audio.  "The Shift" was the latest audio that was great for my drive time.  Of a spiritual nature and further human development.

And so, feeling, doing well is really nice.

And back around later to dig in around here.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

manymoretodays

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Ahhh, relief.  Dentist appointment went fine.  No numbing, or pain at all.  Partial crown.

And grabbed a good one from the library today too:  Gratitude, by Oliver Sacks.  Short musings, written while he was still alive, and battling Cancer.  And oh, I know that there are some other Oliver Sacks fans here.  He was a psych clinician, professional.  And just, oh so good.

Working through The Gifts of Imperfection too.  Brene' Brown.

And all is well enough here.  Thankful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Just replying to meself here, and copying over my present signature prior to consolidation. 

Final permanent porcelain crown, in the morning and sigh of relief.  Not going to let them, dentists touch me again this year, other than for a cleaning.

Still good.  Family passing through town, and nice visits and eats.  All continues well enough.

Slept through the lunar eclipse, full moon, early Monday morning.  I guess that's a good thing, yet, I like seeing the natural things in action.

Beginning to feel like Christmas Holiday time of year, and thinking it may be a nice season this year.  I am sure hoping for snow again, some more precipitation.  It's only up real high right now.   Only guessing, but thinking we'll be into frigid temperatures in just another few weeks around here.  And I don't mind the cold.  The birds are active, the deer still remain in hiding(from hunters).  They can't hunt in city limits anyway....but they just come round after dark.......they know.  Front bushes thriving for awhile.......B)

I've got tremendous gratitude and feeling good.  Just good, good enough, strong enough, smart enough, and all that.  My caution sign remains though, to stick with what I've got going now, and not add too much more.  Doing limits when needed.  And excited to start the Yoga teacher certification in January.  We did some Kundalini on Monday.  I've got a lot to learn.  I do.  And that's exciting to me.

And okay my present signature:

Started with psycho meds circa 1988 I think 27 or 28 total.

AD's, antpsychotics, antiseizure mood stabilizers. Lithium, lamictal ,benzos, and stimulants. Some med. for narcolepsy once(Provigil,) Gabapentin........probably more.  Ask me?......I probably was on it.  Haphazard W/D's by Dr. recommend or uneducated self.

10/2014- off Lexapro--had been on highest dose 10 mg. then 5 mg. for a couple of years, went from 5 mg. to 3 mg. liquid and then CT in hospital(voluntary).  I got out of the hospital on a combination of low dose adderal salts x1/day and trileptal 150mg. x2/day.

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!

3/21/2016---I did some unwise updosing of trileptal/oxcarbazepine with some stressful stuff......doubled the above dose x2 during this last wave but began liquifying again and on approximately 68mg. starting today.  11/12//2016 24 mg. oxcarbazepine  12/9/2016 off oxcarbazepine/trileptal!!!! :) optimistic  2016 December 9- completely off all medications!!!!!

Omega3's,EPA +DHA= 1800 mg/day. Magnesium complex, orally, diluted in a liter of H2O(that I can shake up.....it usually dissolves more completely as the water gets down to room temperature) and/or Epsom salt baths prn.   Vit. C, D3, and E.  B12, melatonin tapered to 1mg., and bioidentical hormones sublingually.  Trace mineral drops.  L-lysine.  L-methylfolate=400 mcg plus daily spinach. Totally ready for a good long window to hit soon and getting better strings of full days and partial days along the way.  Definite improvement overall since I first arrived on the SA survivor ship.  Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider. manymoretodays

Sheesh ka bobbam......looking on from my droid, it was huge!  And so, will condense, how we tell everyone to do anyway.

L, P, H, and G,

manymoretodays

Edited by manymoretodays
holiday time, strong enough, removed excess white space

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Doing my signature consolidation here.  Again.   So.....bear with my endless copied signature posts. B)❤️

A little update at the end.

AD's, antipsychotics, anti-seizure/ mood stabilizers. Lithium, Lamictal ,benzos, and stimulants. Provigil, Gabapentin.

Haphazard W/D's by Dr. recommend or uneducated self.

10/2014- off Lexapro--had been on highest dose 10 mg. then 5 mg. for a couple of years, went from 5 mg. to 3 mg. liquid and then CT in hospital(voluntary).  I got out of the hospital on a combination of low dose adderal salts x1/day and trileptal 150mg. x2/day.

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!

3/21/2016---I did some unwise updosing of trileptal/oxcarbazepine with some stressful stuff......doubled the above dose x2 during this last wave but began liquifying again and on approximately 68mg. starting today.  11/12//2016 24 mg. oxcarbazepine  12/9/2016 off oxcarbazepine/trileptal!!!! :) optimistic  2016 December 9- completely off all medications!!!!!

Supplements-Omega3's, Magnesium complex, orally, and/or Epsom salt baths prn.   Vit. C, D3, and E.  B12, melatonin 1mg., and bioidentical hormones.Trace mineral drops.  L-lysine.  L-methylfolate=400 mcg plus daily spinach.  Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016. 

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider. manymoretodays

I think I will briefly summarize, then link this post up for my signature.

As I am no longer tapering, seeing the details, at a glance, is no longer necessary

In the words of the Grateful Dead, or maybe the late Jerry Garcia, "what a long strange trip it's been"

Yet, I am looking fondly, at all my past medications, and experiences, at this point in time.  What a journey, and the adventure continues.  I mean yes, things could have been so much different, and possibly better for all concerned in my life......Sun(son) especially.  I sure suffered during a good part of his elementary and HS years, and was not always the best Mom.  That smarts.  ALOT.  Anyway.....we're all good now.

Not making light of my struggle either.  I am just glad I persevered. 

Hoping to be up on the mountain tomorrow, on ski's........Brrrrr, yet, hoping for that awesome powder, light, forgiving, and just plain fun!

And once again......feeling very thankful.  Thanks everybody here, and who was here when I arrived. 

(I am still a little weird, in a good way though, hugs)

manymoretodays

Edited by manymoretodays
start post greeting added

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Manymoredays,

Thank you for popping over to my thread. How are you doing? How was your skiing?

Sending hugs🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• Moderator Emeritus

((((((Carmie))))))

Those are your hugs back.

I am doing great Carmie.  And am going to just keep on doing so.  I mean there are some of the normal ups and downs to life, and health, but.........I'm good.

Funny story when I last skied......LOL......and you usually like my humor. 

So.....I like music when I ski.  You know the ear buds and some music.  Well.....since the google play went to youtube I've had problems.  And then my android seems to freeze when it's cold(and when it's hot) as well. 

Well droid was working, but moving my music to youtube wasn't quite as streamlined as I had believed it to be.  I could not find my favorites.

And ads kept coming on.  But I had to laugh when this segment called "pantercize" kept haunting me and playing.  It was weird.

Thank goodness for the Rolling Stones, some upbeat, and moving music came through. 

Skiing was great.  Next time I'll kiss the mountain and the snow!

So good to see you back, and hope you can stay.  Do 20 gratitudes!  Lol.  I usually pen those off pretty quickly now, and it does help keep me sane. 

Life is good.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Just an update.  All is well.

I do, however, need to get back to the dentist tomorrow.  Just a couple small cavities.  Kind of sick of this though.  I had no problems whatsoever for decades in this regard, and now...... well.  They say it's just old bones or older bones.  And I've added some K2 to my supplement regimen, based on my chiropractors recommend.  Who does do acupressure, which helps with the neck and upper back pain.

I still think it's mainly posture and am trying to work my computer situation into less at the desk, and more standing.  He says it may be arthritis.  And honestly, it's manageable, and improving, the neck and upper back as long as I remain active.

The usual on the old car.  Seymour Subaru.

Mum hit 93!!!!!

Sun(son) doing well.  Did I say I'm more worried about his entering the priesthood now, than any drug or alcohol use??  And woah, how things can shift.

Skiing.  My Yoga teacher training/certification starts next week.  Virtual, and so it became affordable.

Some peer stuff locally.  I mean I can't not do that.

A few more opportunities to share my experiences, briefly.....and so that can be scary, and make me feel a bit vulnerable.......but also very empowering and strengthening.

I don't know guys.....and gals.......I just need to take a day, a few hours and put together a success story.

Somewhere around the December holidays I released that well.....1. it had been 4 years since I tapered and came off the oxcarbazepine, and 2. I really felt almost full circle, and back to me, albeit not really the me of 30 years ago, of course not.

It was more recognizing some parts of me, that were so familiar, yet so gone for a long time. 

Let's see, what else is pressing news for my hopefully last update on this Introduction of mine?

and sometimes I tear up a little, thinking about it all.......with that joy of survival.  Always growing though, learning, and apparently still healing from some stuff.  With pangs of grief from time to time.  Just pangs. 

Oh....this was pressing.  I haven't gotten a new kitten, or gone to dog yet.  Heck, I'm still cleaning up cat hair.  Miss ole Betsey Ross cat though.  But I have been keeping the bird feeder filled out back, and that's been fun.  They all sing for me now.  And I do have my favorites.  They are also getting plump.  The birds.  They are lovely.  Teaching me how to fly maybe.....oooh well, in my dreams.

Best.  Best of the best to you all.  And......thank you.

manymoretodays

• Mentor
On 2/17/2021 at 1:21 AM, manymoretodays said:

It was more recognizing some parts of me, that were so familiar, yet so gone for a long time. 

How I can understand this, MMT! Thank you for sharing your last post!!

I can't wait to read your success story! What a great satisfaction for you!😘

July 2015: the 20mg citalopram for great stress begins

After two years I start tapering (slow but without medical advice) and I guess wrongly. First up to 10 mg, then 5 mg and 2 mg (liquid solution) and skips

January 2020 (I don't remember exactly the day): off citalopram (last dose 2mg).

June 2020: adrenal crash. The beginning of Hell on Earth

Current supplement:

- saffron pill (20 mg) + vit. E, omega 3 (EPA + DHA) 2g, magnesium bisglycinate 300 mg, iron , vitamin D3 (2500ui) +K7 (50 ui), vitamin C (1g) + quercitin (25 mg), theanine (as necessary).

Try meditating / mindfulness, walking every day, CBT/ACT, massage.

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" ("And so we went out to see the stars again")

(Dante Alighieri, Divine Comedy , Inferno, XXXIV, 139)

• 5 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Eh, no success story from me forthcoming right now.  I'm just not up to doing much right now.

I'm in mourning.  Loss of Muma May 29th, and of course, experiencing all kinds of emotional and somatic difficulties. 

And now computer is on the funky doodle.  Could be my messy desk, and in general, mind right now.

Thinking about you all and rooting for you as well.

Back to it here, when I am back to it.  Still surviving, and courageously so, going forward without psychiatry.

Thanks.  And apologies if I have not gotten back to, more than a few.

manymoretodays

• Moderator Emeritus

(((❤)))

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

So sorry for your loss,mmt... thinking of you ❤️

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 7/20/2021 at 1:37 PM, manymoretodays said:

I'm in mourning.  Loss of Muma May 29th, and of course, experiencing all kinds of emotional and somatic difficulties. 

My thoughts and prayers are with you in this challenging time.  You will eventually come out of this even stronger and wiser than before.   

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

@manymoretodays

I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am for the loss of your mom. I know you were close to her.

Thoughts and prayers to you😊🙏🏻❤️

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• Mentor

Thinking of you and praying for you.  Our Moms are so special as I know yours was.  It leaves such a big hole in your heart.  Grieving affects every part of us.  Please take care of yourself.

1. .025 Xanax 3 x daily  Start date 10-13-2013 through 8-13-2014.  Started tapering 6-2014 to 8-2014.  Some small discomfort. 25 mg Zoloft - Start date 5-1-2014.  50mg. 6-2014.  through 7-14-2014 .  Started tapering  7-14-2014, stopped tapering 10-2014.  I did 1/4 of the dose a month.  small discomfort.  These next 3 were prescribed when I made some seriously bad choices with my thyroid medication.  Was in ER twice for possible heart attack.  INTENSE anxiety, panic, fear.   Lost 30 pounds in 2 weeks.  Thyroid levels bounced to extremes for 8 months. Dr. prescribed Zoloft 50mg  9-2105.  After 2 doses had a bad reaction passed out in my bedroom. Also prescribed Xanax .025  at the same time. 3 times daily, 4 if needed.  Was only on it about 2 weeks.  Was not working.  Trip ER they gave me an Ativan IV and it worked and lasted.  switched to Ativan. 9-24-2016. 1.5 mg Ativan - .5 mg  three x daily -start date 9/24/16.  Attempted taper start 12-16-2016. Was shaving Pills and alternating tapering AM, PM and midday dose weekly.  Buspar .5mg  -2.5mg. am and 2. 5mg. pm start date 9-26-2016 .  Lexapro .10mg  start date  - 10-26-2016. Found SA and began 10/14/2017 tapering .001 by weight of pill  every 4 days Held longer if there were was WD.    Was very sensitive to Ativan. 3-15-2018 Off midday dose - 7-16-2018 Off PM dose - OFF ATIVAN! 11-17-2018 10 mg. Lexapro. PM - 5 mg start date 10/11/2016 increased to 10 mg 2/2/17. 1-1-2019 Began tapering Lexapro.  .001 gm every 4 days.  Held longer if there was WD.  Last doses some I held a month.  OFF LEXAPRO! 2-21 2021 5 mg. Buspar  divided into two, 2.5 mg doses AM and PM- Start date 9/26/2016 Cold turkey on Dr. direction, AM and Pm  doses.  Reinstated  9-22-16. Began Buspar taper 1-29-23, .001 mg by weight of pills.  N.P. Desiccated Thyroid.  1-2023 Labs okay but not where I feel best. 60 mg. daily now but adding 15 mg. more  twice weekly for a few months then check.  Bioidentical hormones. Bi-est/Prog cream, 1/4 tsp.  1 time daily

My intro: Moonpie:. Need help and supporting tapering off of Ativan

My benzo thread: Moonpie: Need help Ativan weight tapering

Hey mmt.  Sorry to hear about your Mum.  Hope your friends are looking after you with food and comfort and such.

I am not a health professional - your actions are your own.  

Please do not seek tapering support via private message - "Any reason to hold is a good one"

My taper visualised as a graph   |   My intro thread

Backdrop:  2003 10mg olanzapine | 2004 2-3mg risperidone | end 2014 3wks aripiprazole

2015: olanzapine  10 -> 7½ -> 6⅔ -> 5mg  by crude pill cutter

2018:  Mar 5.00mg -> water titrated taper -> Aug2.5mg tablet and hold

Jan 2019 2.50mg water titration -> Jan 2020 1.214  -> Jan 2021 0.44 -> 2 Oct 0.205 ->3 Oct ZERO🥂

Jun 2023 💉150mg paliperidone "loading" depot shot, 100mg 1wk after Jul 100mg Aug-Dec 75mg/4wks

Jul 2023 2.50mg aripiprazole/day attempt to lower prolactin^

Jan-Feb 2024 cross taper off shots to 1mg risperidone

Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country did to you"  -- KMFDM

• 3 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Update, and seriously guys......hoping that it is my last one here, on my Introduction.  I am ready.  To compile my own Success Story.  Tis time.

Oh my gosh, moving into acceptance for awhile anyway, post my loss of Muma.

I've got some unhelpful coping skills, well honed through the years, that get me through.  I mean I tend toward isolation, and disconnection with all that I love, and so am seeking to change that.

I've also had a bit of that PTS surface, after my Mum passed, some early childhood wounds that do seem to rear up, at times.

I finally hit pay dirt, or just kept hope alive and got started with some more intensive therapy, with this young dude psychologist.  Oh, so helpful.  And, I think when autumn, or fall hit here.........I was ready, more than ready to seek further changes within.  And I still talk with, work with my lovely awesome LCSW, that has been with me for a long time now. 

The intensive is just that I stay present now, and bear some of the discomforts of baring my soul every now and again.  And it is.....so......very.......freeing.  Healing.

My gosh I was suffering some pretty severe neck pain, and upper back, with headaches galore.  They seem to be dissipating.  And I am still wary of medical work ups of any kind.......but getting closer to being able to approach GP's for their take, or opinion.

Beyond dysphoric, at times........oh so much better now, so, so much better.  Fears, oh and fears......of everything and everybody too.  Like I say, healing.......and thankful for the simple kindnesses that come my way when, or that did when I was so struggling for awhile.  I could name them all, but they are too many.......humans, and other.

I'll confess.  Books are often my friends.  Anne Lamott has a new one out.  It's great.  Some of the grief books.....oh my, so understanding.  Currently reading, finally, Johann Hari's Lost Connections.

Fiction as well.

Yoga- did you all know that sometimes Yoga doesn't involve all the movement?  Interesting.  Posture.  Just good posture and position can really help a ton too, I have discovered.

Getting into movement more now, and walk/runs, and many Epsom salt baths.  I always get my greens in, even when my appetite is nil.

Music, playing it, listening to it.  The music even died for a bit.  It's back though, and I found myself dancing to a song on the radio a few days ago too!  That's when I knew that I was getting back on my feet again.

Even crawling is a form of moving in the right direction, of healing at times.

And so, still healing from my iatrogenic injuries from psychiatric treatment.  Most of what I consider my WD is passed.  So hopeful, ever so hopeful.  And getting back on my horse, or getting my passions back, and looking forward to my work.......still a bit undefined, but getting there as far as finding it.  And working hard in the meantime, with others, for others.........although I don't get paid........it's good work.  And I don't know why exactly......that I have been so fortunate.......but I'm grateful.......that I did not go completely broke, or lose my home, or all my relationships, or even my own life.

Happy Thanksgiving and good eats to all,  I am going to stop there ^.

And best, Love, peace, healing, and growth,

manymoretodays

Oh Lordy, I almost forgot to mention.  And this is big.  I. Am. A. Ex. Smoker.  I quit!!!!

Already I am seeing, feeling the health benefits from that.  Long time coming, and honest, so far, not so bad, or horrible.  I did taper as much as I could.  And am still using patches.  My son/SUN is doing well too.  All grown up.  Good, good, nice young man too.

Edited by manymoretodays
spelling, more, always more......

Hi mamymoretodays. It was good for me to read these most recent words of yours.

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. 47 different drugs. Over 57 thousand pills. Tapered off final cocktail February 1st, 2013- September 9th, 2019. For Hashimotos I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. BP meds. For supplements I take B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/25/2021 at 7:38 AM, manymoretodays said:

Yoga- did you all know that sometimes Yoga doesn't involve all the movement?  Interesting.  Posture.  Just good posture and position can really help a ton too, I have discovered.

Lol.  And doh, poses or Asana's.  One would not guess that I study Yoga now, would they?

Oh.....my brain gets tired sometimes......in a normal limit way I think, I pray, I hope.

I had meant to say, if I recollect correctly, or wanted to add, that sometimes reading some of the Yoga masters works IS also doing Yoga I learned.

Hi and hugs Marsha. ♥️

Love, peace, healing, and growth

Edited by manymoretodays

Restorative yoga is my fave.  Three or four gentle asanas with props for comfort and deep meditation.

If hatha yoga does what weed can do but with a clear head, those classes seemed to provide access to subtle stuff I would usually associate with psychedelics.

The yin yoga class I've had access to lately is way closer to hatha than restorative, but I had a great sweat last class which I felt was my body expelling post taper muck, and the workout does me good.

But for really calming the nervous system like we all benefit from, I miss that deep restorative class.

Please do not seek tapering support via private message - "Any reason to hold is a good one"

Backdrop:  2003 10mg olanzapine | 2004 2-3mg risperidone | end 2014 3wks aripiprazole

Jan 2019 2.50mg water titration -> Jan 2020 1.214  -> Jan 2021 0.44 -> 2 Oct 0.205 ->3 Oct ZERO🥂

Jun 2023 💉150mg paliperidone "loading" depot shot, 100mg 1wk after Jul 100mg Aug-Dec 75mg/4wks

Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country did to you"  -- KMFDM

On 11/26/2021 at 1:38 AM, manymoretodays said:

I finally hit pay dirt, or just kept hope alive and got started with some more intensive therapy, with this young dude psychologist.  Oh, so helpful.  And, I think when autumn, or fall hit here.........I was ready, more than ready to seek further changes within.  And I still talk with, work with my lovely awesome LCSW, that has been with me for a long time now. 

The intensive is just that I stay present now, and bear some of the discomforts of baring my soul every now and again.  And it is.....so......very.......freeing.  Healing.

That is so good to read mmt.

I feel this kind of somatic work is the key.  Good on you :)

• Moderator Emeritus
15 hours ago, hayduke said:

Restorative yoga is my fave.  Three or four gentle asanas with props for comfort and deep meditation.

If hatha yoga does what weed can do but with a clear head, those classes seemed to provide access to subtle stuff I would usually associate with psychedelics.

The yin yoga class I've had access to lately is way closer to hatha than restorative, but I had a great sweat last class which I felt was my body expelling post taper muck, and the workout does me good.

But for really calming the nervous system like we all benefit from, I miss that deep restorative class.

Thanks hayduke.

You have a good grip on the styles and types of Yoga!

I am very much a novice.

I always used to like the more active type, with good music going........and now.......am benefiting from a much more mindful approach.

And then this new psychologist.  Wow......what a great listener.  And then took his own time, I mean off the clock, in the beginning, to reflect back to me, what he heard AND understood.  He's just a few years older than my son/SUN too.  Somehow, this makes me stay more open, and curious, and into a child's mind of my own of sorts.  Really helpful.  Felt motivated enough to do a suggested writing exercise he gave me too, and it was so helpful......so freeing.

Here's to health, in all dimensions,

Good to be back, as I like to say......I mean I feel back- into my own body again.  The eagle has landed, or something like that......lol.....back from Mars.  :blink::ph34r:B)

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

• Moderator Emeritus

"I feel back into my own body again" : what an amazing update @manymoretodays, thank you for sharing !

Happy to read you, wishing you many L, P, H and G ☀️

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

It's December 16th!!!

I'm happy, and sure glad I have gone the distance now........5 years out from my last drug/medication.

More of a breakdown on this whole process for me.....soon, very soon.

I got very busy of late, and have not had time to sit down and type out my Success Story. 

Life is a gift, and maybe tomorrow........to type it out.......might be Sunday though before I get a chance to.

Who knows???  One has to eat and sleep, and spread joy this time of year, or this one does.

Okay, and thank yous as always. 

Happy happy holidays all, and best,

Love, peace, joy, and growth,

manymoretodays.......and oh my, it just keeps getting better......all the time!!

B)🤗♥️👩‍🏫💜👩‍🌾

@manymoretodays wow what a story. Awesome to read this thread and see how far you’ve come. I’m in the middle of a cold turkey lexapro withdrawal and things are a bit dark and scary at times so seeing this really helps. God bless 🙏🏻❤️

2017:

Jan-Mar: Lexapro 20 mg. Wellbutrin XR (2 days) Lamotrigine 150 mg. CT all due to sexual side effects. 
2020-2021:

Lexapro 20 mg, Jan of 2020 until CT in Apr of 2021. 

June: Buspirone 10 mg. Wellbutrin XL (4 days) 

July: Lamotrigine 25-100 mg. Buspirone 10 mg. 
August: Lamotrigine 100 mg. 6 treatments of IM Ketamine, 25-40 ml. 
September-Current: Lamotrigine 50 mg. 

• 4 months later...

@manymoretodays

Thank you so much for your work on SA! It is truly amazing the generosity and kindness with which you provide support to this community. 

I am also writing to thank you for starting the "Meaning through poetry" topic. For a while now I'd been thinking of starting such a thread, and I am delighted to have found yours! It has already brought me such joy and pleasure today, and I'm sure it will continue to do so moving forward. 

Last but not least, thank you for sharing your story with such candor, humility, and warmth. I feel I gain strength from reading about your journey. You have traveled so far and gone through so much. I am inspired by your courage and tenacity. Congratulations to you on all your hard work! 

Gratitude, admiration, respect, 

A. 

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

August 2021 - 2mg melatonin   August 1, 2022 - 1mg melatonin   March 31, 2023 - 0mg melatonin

2024 supplements update: electrolyte blend in water sipped throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil blend w/ morning meal (incl. vit. A+D+E); calcium; vitamin C+zinc

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

• 4 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi @Arieland you are so kind and sweet.  Thank you.  And my best to you.

Do I go into hermit mode every now and again?  Ahhh......yes.  And so a little update here. 

Once again......feeling enough like a "success" story to get it done.........soooo, don't humor me much here so I get to it.  It's only been 5 years and 9 months since I took my final dose of Trileptal.  I get into overthinking too much, and underplaying the fact that I came off and stayed off many years of many many drugs prescribed.  Tapered my last one.  And..... I get all judgy with myself about what that "success" should look like.  Enough self!  Anyway......I always feel like I should report a great new job and new family or something.......and then I come to accept that woah Nellie, I have been successful at getting off years of the stooopid medications/drugs and getting out from psychiatry and all that labeling.  Woohoo!  Yay!  And I'm doing pretty darn well.

Nice sweat lodge/Inipi today and I am still smelling sage and sweetgrass.  It had been quite awhile, and oh so needed. 

We....the sibs and I......are into the final stretch with Muma's estate liquidation.  Getting her last place sold and some items divided.  And oh.......over a year since she passed.......and I had no idea......I really didn't, that it would affect me so very much.  I'm an orphan......I mean kind of an older orphan......just the same.  It is easier as time continues, like it does.

I don't know......I guess my "trauma" work is going well, or working through some of what I needed to.  Especially around getting to that point of not so easily.......internally, getting thrown by any reminder type stuff.  I can relate to a kind of PTS response.  And just want to say......it does get better, easier.  And I've had help.  Sort of, kind of, ........oh totally whole heartedly doing ACT(Acceptance Commitment Therapy)

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/6646-dr-rob-pursseys-tips-about-acceptance-and-commitment-therapy-act/

now with a professional.  And thankful, that there is always something else to try.  Lord, I've been through so many modalities of things that help........and then there is always one more to try..  Unbelievable.  I feel like I am shifting nicely with the season now.......with new eyes, ears, and heart and spirit.......after a wobbly bit of several months.  Challenging.  That's all.  Not horrid.  I got tools......I got practices.....I've got friends. 

On friends, I am really having to adjust and accept where others are at in their own journeys.

So many......oh so many on the drugs/medications........and all I can do is share, when appropriate, my own experience.  Make some suggests......along the lines of don't CT, and check with your pharmacist, and drugs.com on interactions.  And if you need me, call me.......if you ever do become disillusioned like I did.

I do struggle with that though......that my way IS NOT everyone's way

Excited.....as this year it's official, I do get the senior ski pass!!!!!!  And have purchased it already.  Where as before I just got a good discount on the days the friendly, fun senior ski group got together.  Oh......and it extends to the Nordic ski-ing area too.  So I might do a bit more cross country ski-ing this year too.

son/Sun thrives and we work at our relationship......seems to be progressing nicely.  He's very cool and I am very proud of my son.....now a man.  My baby in my heart however.

Sphinxy cat, my latest........is perfect.  And big.  13.4 lbs.  She loves her eating and I love her.

Okay......that's me update.

mmt

Getting after the house and hopefully putting the yard to bed for winter soon.  I no longer feel such a push to downsize, move, get everything just perfect......but am getting after some much needed general chores, and getting that whole routine in shape again.  More self discipline?  Stick with it ness?  I don't know much, and that grace of knowing sometimes that I don't is helpful.....truly.

And thank you.  I realize I am not the most gracious person on the planet outwardly, and strive to do better in that regard.  THANK YOU.  Each and every one of you.....seriously, many thanks.  This all was not exactly how I envisioned it all going at the start, or my arrival here.  Yet, it's been good.  And no, I could have never done it alone.  Thank you.  Blessings to all.

Edited by manymoretodays
more!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Fond farewell to my Introduction topic.

I've written my Success Story and it is below:

manymoretodays-blue-skies-ahead-clear-sailing

And so..will....close.....up this one.

Thank you.

• manymoretodays locked this topic