mickde1

mickde1: life on hold

Altostrata
On 3/13/2019 at 3:55 PM, mickde1 said:

How are you able to measure say 1 mg to dissolve  from a 20mg capsule to last 4 days in the fridge 

You dissolve the entire contents of the capsule in a proportionate amount of water (such as 20mL), don't worry about wasting it. Next time, you might want to get a prescription for 5mg or 10mg capsules.

Did you take 1mg of a fresh batch last night? Perhaps you would do better with 0.5mg. You can measure the smaller amounts with a 0.5mL or 1mL oral syringe.

Please let us know how you're doing.

Vonnegutjunky

Following 

mickde1

I have continued with .25  of a ml, symptoms have gone down a notch or 2, somehow  i not sure whether i was going through a big wave or withdrawals from the prozac because it had gone off and wasn't working

im gone to get a micro scale to weigh  it up and not waste what i have 

Vonnegutjunky

Just a bit of advice, that many people here will probably give you. 

Your going to get waves, bad ones, that doesn’t mean your dose isn’t working or helping. I made the huge mistake of updosing becuse my reinstatement wasn’t making me feel completely normal. I got akathisia the day after I reinstated. ( to give an example of the hell that is akathisia, Dr. Glenmullen talked about how the Russians, during the Cold War induced akathisia for purposes of torture) i doubled my old dose, so that’s why I got it, I didn’t just updose, I reinstated my full dose and doubled it, I ignored what the mods and alto were telling me to do and listened to my doc. 

so you will get waves, and you will feel just as bad as the beginning, but if you are also feeling better, at all, but still feel the need to increase, just please go so slow and cautiously. It cost me 4 years and a career for not listening. 

Sending good vibes to you and your recovery. 

RandyJames

Hi Mickde1.

I happened across your posts and I wanted to say I'm sorry you have been suffering with this.  I'm sorry I can't be of any help but I thought after reading your intro that Happy2Heal's success story might be inspirational to you if you haven't read it already.

I hope you feel better soon.  

mickde1

Thanks Vonnegutjunky and Randy James for the advice guy's and well wishes  Von, you tend think in those ways  you don't know what to believe the brain is mish mash  i've very apprehensive about  upping the dose. 

I couldn't  get a handle on  what was  happening  whether it was a wave or was it  because the liquid prozac that was 7 weeks old  and had gone off and that i was somehow getting more w/d symptoms  

The wave has subsided  I don't want to jinx myself  but the physical  symptoms  body aches and pains, stomach nausea have quelled somewhat  i  have just come out of days of early morning high anxiety where i refuse to entertain any thoughts and just have to soothe myself in the here and now as best i can, the days would pan out with the negativity  playing  in the background  and low mood  senario  and upper neck like headaches  and tiredness later in the after afternoon  my mind isn't able to cope with the slightest amount  of stress you have to put everything on hold but  feeling  better 

mickde1

Hi all i'm a bit confused about what to do  as you know i have reinstated .25 ml  prozac,  over the last few days  my symptoms have ramped up in bouts , waves of depressions, anxiety and and physical symptoms   i  have a feeling its the reinstatement thats causing it 

but i can't be sure but it feels different  i don't want to be making the wrong decision  

Altostrata

What time of day do you take Prozac? What is your symptom pattern after you take it?

Are you taking 0.25mg or 0.25mL? If mL, what does that translate to in milligrams of drug?

Please keep daily notes of times of day you take your drugs, their dosages, and your symptoms. You can post them in this topic with a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

mickde1

I'm taking it in the morning 7.30 am  i don't get any real effect i don't think until the next early  morning  that usually sets the the way it's going to be eg if i have really bad morning then it doesn't change to much  during the day  if you know what i mean , in amounts i dilute 20mg capsule  with 20 ml of water and take 0.25ml , symptoms are still  happening pretty much in the same way as previous post