Altostrata

PSSD Post-SSRI sexual dysfunction

Zeipii

It is a crime they are allowed in any case. Benefits mostly placebo and risks very large even if the worst only hit a small proportion. We are thousands maybe millions with destroyed lives. 

Zeipii
1 minute ago, Zeipii said:

It is a crime they are allowed in any case. Benefits mostly placebo and risks very large even if the worst only hit a small proportion. We are thousands maybe millions with destroyed lives. 

and unfortunately there are not really more than a handful of trustworthy success stories out of these thousands of people in the forums. This is a fact, not any excess negativity. 

Gavalar09

I’m genuinely at a loss as to what to do.

cant sue doctors for not warning me of the effects, even then you’re told the effects wear off after discontinuation (which they don’t) in only 25 and I can’t have a relationship due to this. 

How ow am I suppose to live my life? 

Gavalar09

MOD NOTE:  New topic merged with existing topic

Hi all, 

Just interested in anyone that’s suffering from PSSD really? 

Wanted to start this up as a support network for all those effected to discuss our symptoms and help one another through such a daunting and lonely experience. 

I myself have been impotent ever since taking an SSRI for a week, and it’s made relationships practically impossible! 

Id never suffered this before taking the drugs, yet doctors have not believed me at all...

Edited by ChessieCat
mod note

Zeipii

Do you have loss of feelings /anhedonia too? Or genital /skin numbness? Anhedonia makes things even worse because nothing feels good and you are basically stuck in a hell on earth by definition. 

Gavalar09

I wouldn’t say anhedonia but definitely have genital numbness, pretty much just feels like a piece of rubber.

This is basically the worst thing imaginable.

Zeipii

The whole psychiatry and pharma industry are simply full of dangerous lies, and in my opinion the 'meds' are poisons, that really ruin peoples lives. Even the worst conditions can be healed with time without meds. This is what the pdocs do not admit, neither do they admit things like pssd. It is very striking how they use the same phrases to cover their own asses all over the world. One of them being that persistent sexual dysfunction is part of depression. Hell yeah....

Zeipii
2 minutes ago, Gavalar09 said:

I wouldn’t say anhedonia but definitely have genital numbness, pretty much just feels like a piece of rubber.

This is basically the worst thing imaginable.

really sorry that you are one of us too. Can you say again how long now? Any other post ssri symptoms such as insomnia? Any changes or better moments during your symptoms? 

Gavalar09

I’ve been impotent now for 3 years. 

There have been one where I’ve had weak morning wood, and at times have managed to have intercourse but I’ve failed about 4/5 times and February and haven’t been able to get a satisfactory erection in the last 4 months so things have I’m fact gotten worse.

I eat healthy, rarely drink, have had every possible physical test done, I exercise regularly, nothing has made it better. 

I feel id be better off not here to be honest....

Junglechicken

Just have little to no libido, have been like this for years.

Probably situational as well as the SSRI.

"Beam me up Scotty"??

Zeipii

I guess we have all seen this. There are some stories, but unfortunately very few.....

Zeipii

And if you can heal brain damage (which pssd is in one way or the other) by for example doing some yoga as in one of the stories, I really think it has not been pssd from the start. Also reinstating ssris after long suffering from pssd just to taper slowly also seems the craziest thing to do. As some alteration=damage has happened in the brain by these poisons, restarting them will not revert the damage. 

Zeipii

Maybe some people and hopefully all can heal, but having done 14 months of most excessive study from all angles unfortunately tells me that the number of found success stories is clearly less than 1/100. Also more and more I am personallystarting to see pssd and other long term ssri damages a result of genetic expression change in the brain. It means the brain has no more the original genetic homeostasis 'recipe' to return to.  I know the policy here is to keep up the hope, which I also still try my best everyday. In any case I am bedridden for long by all the damage that the antidepressants have done to me. Sexual dysfunction is one of them. For me even much worse is total anhedonia and amotivation, which make living impossible. There is a full right for being analytical and realistic based on a massive amount of information that one can find. We all have a right to form a personal view to this hell. 

Zeipii

It is known that chemicals in general can cause epigenetic changes. Chemicals entering the brain blood barrier (psychoactive chemicals including antidepressants) may cause such changes in people to smaller or larger extent. The result could be for instance muted receptors or changed neurotransmitter generation. The problem being, that this may be permanent because of the wrong expression copied to new cells as well. 

Gavalar09

Completely agree with you Zeipii, how can I be hopeful after being impotent for the last 3 years? I’m afraid to tell my current love interest because like every other girl before has I am afraid she will leave me.

im a sex crazed world I have been left a mess due to this chemically castrating drug! How can I not give up hope when 3 years of my youth have already been stolen from me? 

Zeipii

We can just hope

Gavalar09

What are your symptoms Zepeii and how long have you been suffering? 

Zeipii

regarding pssd: loss of libido, genital numbness, no orgasm, some erection. 14 - 15 mths. All started from drugs that are marketed safe, agomelatine and bupropion. 

Gavalar09

Sorry to hear. How long were you on the drugs for?

When you say some erection, what do you mean? 

Do you get morning wood still? 

Sorry if they’re a bit personal

Zeipii

on the meds only for 3 mths agomelatine and bupropion just 2 weeks. No morning wood erection sometimes with strong stimuli. But genitals almost totally numb. 

Gavalar09

Sorry to hear. 

I hate that this is an actual thing! 

How can it be real! 

1Day

I feel everything that you guys feel.  I have felt incredibly angry these past couple of days.  I am only coming up to 18 months off.  Sometimes I struggle to know how to carry on.

But on a positive note, I have spoken with somebody online who knows of over 30 people that have recovered from PSSD.  And, the majority of those did not come back to post about it online.  I think a key point is to recognise that a) not everybody who has PSSD talks about it online in the first place, and b) many people (and probably most) as they start to get better, don't want to remain on the forum(s) which remind them of the hell they have been through.  I reckon there are loads of people out there that have recovered.

We have to keep going. 

Gavalar09

I understand what you are saying 1day, I really do, but for some of us the damage is permanent. Not seeing any improvements in 3 years is completely disheartening and looking online so many people have had to live with this for 5-10 years+. 

I completely envy those those that have managed to recover because for me, a once normal guy with an high libido, I am completely beaten to this condition.

1Day

Yeah I know your feeling.  I feel desperate too.  But also, I have heard of people who have recovered not seeing any improvement until 4th or 5th year off.  I have also heard of somebody with no improvement until 11th year and then quickly recovered from there.  Also a lot of people on some forums are throwing everything into their body in an attempt to fix PSSD.  We don't know the effects of this.  Also, some people say I have had PSSD for 10 years, but then when you read the story you see they have actually only been off the SSRI for a few years.  I know this is not all the cases, but it is for some.    You can't give up - too many people have recovered to give up.  But I know it is so hard.   

Are you on any medications now, or taking anything at all? 

Gavalar09

Hi 1day, 

I know what you’re saying but after all this time I’m afraid I just don’t have any hope with this.

I haven’t taken anything since May 2015, so just over 3 years now. How can 2 weeks of something cause such a drastic change? 

Zeipii

1day, please let people feel the way they feel. On another note, you maybe do not have anhedonia (?) which actually is the real hell even compared to pssd. If nothing gives you any pleasure any more, you are living in hell by definition. 

Zeipii

1day, it would be great if you could give us all some more detail about these 30 people you mention. Mainly, how did they eventually recover? Just all of a sudden, over time etc.? 

The other point I have made also earlier is that most likely every person recovering after long suffering will make even a short success note, if having been on any forum for long - just to give others hope. Among hundreds we dot see these unfortunately. This is not negativity, but realism. 

1Day

Hi Gavalar09,

I am afraid I don't know.  I think it is a case that some people have very bad reactions to the drug and their nervous system etc. is completley disregulated.

Zeipii, I am not stopping anybody from feeling anything.  And yes I do have anhedonia and I lost a beautiful girlfriend due to my inability to feel emotion.  So I know what it is like - everyday.  All I am saying is there are people out there who felt how we felt at 1 year, 3 years, 5 years off etc. and who went on to recover.  All I am saying is, there is genuine hope.  So don't give up.  You can give up if you want to.  All I am saying is I think there is enough hope to keep going.   

1Day

Join the Facebook Group.  I think he is on there. 

1Day

Most of then took at least 2 years.  I don't know the longest.  I only had short message with him.  But I think Spruce has had longer chat with him.

Zeipii

The question is: did they just quickly recover after those 2 years or gradually over that time. I have asked also before that it would be great to get most accurate aninymoys case information. So if Spruce has it, please publish it. That kind if information has real value, not just guessworking how the cases went. 

Zeipii

There are a lot of sufferers that never even come to the forums. Most likely they have the same very small probability to recover. Also, there are a lot of people that never came back to the forums for years even if they never recovered. This has been proven eg. in this forum by a query made by one of our co-suffering members. 

Gavalar09

There are 1000’s of us going through this and looking at forums not a lot of us who experience this for several years recover fully if at all. 

I know for me, there are days where I just barely manage and erection, but for the past 4 months, I’ve failed many times to get an erection and don’t have any morning wood. SSRIs definitely castrated me 

ChessieCat
6 hours ago, Zeipii said:

on the meds only for 3 mths agomelatine and bupropion just 2 weeks

Hi Zeipii, please complete your drug signature so that members will be able to see your drug history at a glance.

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature