Jump to content
manny03

manny03: withdrawal from Trintellix

Recommended Posts

manny03
59 minutes ago, Jules1234 said:

I was on the trintellix a little over a month. It’s worth mentioning that I have a highly sensitive central nervous system. About 10 years ago doctors thought I may have MS bc of the neuropathy and weird sensations I experience, but after extensive testing the conclusion was my CNS is on high alert. I’ll go long stretches when it’s calm too. When I was on the trintellix I immediately experienced a lot of sensations - like someone was grabbing my arm, or buzzing on my ankles or all over neuropathy. A lot of that has subsided since I stopped taking it. 

I do moderately drink alcohol but haven’t since I’ve been so nauseous. When I wake up in the morning I have a brief moment (20 seconds or so) when I feel okay, and then I’m hit with the nausea and anxiety again. 

I’m taking .25 of Ativan almost every day for when the anxiety is unbearable. I know it’s not recommended but I need something to help me through this period. Also fish oil, probiotic and just started magnesium glycinate last night (one capsule). My GI doc suggested I start an acid blocker to see if that helps with the nausea.

im 38/female and petite, so not eating enough takes an immediate toll on my body/weight.

i also two little kids and a full time job and feel like I can hardly function.

Emotionally one of my big hang ups is that I feel worse now than I did a couple weeks ago, though that seems standard of the windows/waves theory.

 

I'm barely 33, healthy man who would run 1.5 to 3 miles five days a week, though now with withdrawls I've cut it to a 1.6 miles though doing uphill runs.

 

I was always an anxious child due to a horrible childhood were I would be teased daily, and that messed me up psychologically. 

 

Though, over the years I developed Anxiety, OCD, and now Depression, and Hypochondria (Health Anxiety) then add IBS for good measure. 

 

All these symptoms came ahead when I graduated from Undergraduate in 2014. 

 

Late 2015, all of these symptoms got really bad that I was given this medication after I tested others that didn't work. For me it worked.  

 

Though, like I wrote above, the medication stopped working, plus I was already considering getting off early this year. From what I learned from this experience, I should had stopped the medication In January, and saved myself the trouble that I went through from June and on. 

 

With me I can't take magnesium capsules, so ingesting it through orange juice helps. 

 

I agree, it seems were going through one of the bad waves.

 

Right now, my symptoms are just lack of coordination, headaches, cognitive/memory issues, and skin spots on my skin. I hope it goes away soon.  

Share this post


Link to post
manny03
7 minutes ago, Leo1983 said:

Hi. U from the UK?

Leo, to make sure she sees it, quote her so it quickly goes to her email. 

Share this post


Link to post
Jules1234

California 

Share this post


Link to post
Leo1983

Ahh ok. I have a telephone line for the UK. Its all for people like us.

Share this post


Link to post
manny03

Just wanted to report back and from what it seems, while my symptoms switch back and forth, though at moment have become less severe.

 

I'm beginning to finally have Windows of a few hours. One to 2 1/2 hours.  From what I see it seems my body has begun to heal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Leo1983

I hit a wave Saturday and its hit me pretty bad. Cognitive ability is shot! Feel like a drunk man. However i have had ok days. Im 12 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
manny03
46 minutes ago, Leo1983 said:

I hit a wave Saturday and its hit me pretty bad. Cognitive ability is shot! Feel like a drunk man. However i have had ok days. Im 12 weeks.

I feel you man. It's being like that for me for the last three weeks. What were your symptoms during this latest wave?

 

In my case, it seems with every wave, in the aftermath, my mind regains its clarity which is weird. 

 

now, looking back if i hadn't Reinstated after i stopped, the waves of physical symptoms (headaches, vision disturbances, stomach/abdominal cramps) would had occurred earlier, though I'd be ok. Now i have to tough it out. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
manny03

Well I just talked to two of my closest peers who've gone through antidepressant withdrawals and were surprised by my symptoms and suggested that I should reinstate then taper. Just made an appointment with a psych. I hope this third time is the charm. 

Share this post


Link to post
manny03

Though, I have to say after the latest wave from the weekend, my lightheadedness has drastically lessened, it's still there though it's now managable, though I'm still dealing with the headaches that aren't as severe as before.

 

Now I'm having second thoughts on reinstating since I could just through my nervous system into another whirlwind and don't want to risk it. What would be advice for those out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
manny03

Just wanted some reassurance...when my ssri poop out, I began to be aggressive towards my parents, emotionally blunted, have anxiety attacks, chest pains, headaches, chills/body temperature changes.

 

I want to know if this is normal when the medication stops working because now I'm fearful that I might have some blood cancer. 

 

I just had body temperature change, or chills, stomach cramps, lethargy, as a wave. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
manymoretodays
On 8/30/2018 at 3:33 PM, Altostrata said:

Welcome, manny.

 

It's possible the skin breakouts could be from withdrawal; we can't address the potential shingles. Reinstating a small amount of Trintellix, such as 0.5mg, might reduce those withdrawal symptoms. This topic explains how to take a small amount of Trintillex Tips for tapering off Trintellix (vortioxetine), previously called Brintellix 

 

You'd take this for some months, then taper off by tiny amounts later. Please let us know how you're doing.

 

Are taking any other drugs?

 

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature

 

Hi manny,

I'm just going to put this ^ here again for you.  As per your PM questions.

Could you also put Trintillex, the name of your last drug in your signature.  I'm seeing dates and symptoms but no medication name.  Also list any other medications used in the last 12-24 months. 

Signature instructions

Use this link ^ to update your signature

 

You can put symptoms in your introduction here.  Symptoms are things like flu-like symptoms, nauseau, agitation, etc.

 

About reinstating and stabilizing

This may help you decide if you'd like to try reinstating.

 

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
highlight on Alto's quote, clarity

Share this post


Link to post
manymoretodays
2 hours ago, manny03 said:

Just wanted some reassurance...when my ssri poop out, I began to be aggressive towards my parents, emotionally blunted, have anxiety attacks, chest pains, headaches, chills/body temperature changes.

 

I want to know if this is normal when the medication stops working because now I'm fearful that I might have some blood cancer. 

 

I just had body temperature change, or chills, stomach cramps, lethargy, as a wave. 

 

 

 

Have you seen this yet, manny?  Dr Glenmullens symptom checklist

 

Yes,  the symptoms you mention here are often W/D symptoms.......including what is called health anxiety........that worrying about illnesses. 

It's important that you manage your symptoms, especially things like aggression the best that you can now.

I think you had mentioned having some blood tests that reassured you on the cancer worries?  It doesn't hurt to check with a doctor for health concerns and reassurance too.

 

Some experience more physical than emotional symptoms, or the opposite.  It does seem that most of us experience symptoms that are both emotional and physical in nature though.

 

We have a section on symptoms and self care, that you might find helpful in coping now.

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

In the first post in the above link, there is a whole index of links to other topics and coping skills.

 

So have a look around there.

 

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
manny03
50 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

 

Have you seen this yet, manny?  Dr Glenmullens symptom checklist

 

Yes,  the symptoms you mention here are often W/D symptoms.......including what is called health anxiety........that worrying about illnesses. 

It's important that you manage your symptoms, especially things like aggression the best that you can now.

I think you had mentioned having some blood tests that reassured you on the cancer worries?  It doesn't hurt to check with a doctor for health concerns and reassurance too.

 

Some experience more physical than emotional symptoms, or the opposite.  It does seem that most of us experience symptoms that are both emotional and physical in nature though.

 

We have a section on symptoms and self care, that you might find helpful in coping now.

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

In the first post in the above link, there is a whole index of links to other topics and coping skills.

 

So have a look around there.

 

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

 

 

 

 

i have check that out. i use that reassurance. Though, sometimes my health anxiety gets the better of me.

 

with the blood work i had an emotional meltsdown in her office. She had to calm me down and told me everything was fine since she had my previous bloodwork for the last two years, also from the psychiatrist who did it last year. She went ahead and ordered the tests which was cmp and cbc with diff. Everything came out normal. 

 

from what it seems I'm having symptoms of my final stoppage since i reinstate a week after I finished my antivirals, and stopped in July 14 and from what I've read it takes three weeks for the medication to flush out from the system which falls around early to mid august, exactly when my symptoms got pretty bad. 

 

 I'll take a look at what you've directed me to. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
manny03

Update: 

 

The symptoms have somewhat waned. 

 

Here's narrative of what's happened since Wednesday

 

Some days I have insomnia, 

 

In the mornings I felt weak, eat breakfast (strawberry sandwich or strawberry oatmeal) drink orange juice fortified with Calcium, Vitamin C, and Magnesium and take a store brand 5 billion probiotic. 

Do weights and or cardio. 

Though, what I find odd is that when I run, the weakness goes away, like if someone shuts it off. (A friend of mines who used to take antidepressants, I told him of this odd symptom, he thinks I might have some of the medication still stuck up in my system if this is occurring) 

I might have some headache that shifts from right to left, front or back or shifts to my abdomen, then stops. 

After the walk,  the head or stomach symptom come and go, though not as intense. Then, I get somewhat sad and weepy. 

When I get back home around the afternoon, I begin to feel weak again or begin to have sensations of a panic attack coming that I need to leave the house. Though, I eat lunch were I barely eat since I feel somewhat nauseaus if I eat a lot, then I leave.

When I'm in the road, the symptoms come and go, though not as bad as a few weeks back, though still the same (headache and or abdominal cramps which have me constipated) or slight lightheaded/lack of coordination or feel that I need to get out of my skin. 

Though, when I'm around people its like nothing is happening. 

In the afternoon I might have some visual disturbances (clear small circular flash) though the visual snow has severely decreased which is good news in my part, though besides that, there are moments that everything seems like I never took the medication, and I'm my old self.

 

This pattern has been occurring since Wednesday. 

 

Some moments I think I have some incurable disease, then others oh I'm ok. 

 

I'm so confused at the moment since everything seems fine, then I get all these symptoms. It has me thinking either I'm having relapsing anxiety/depression though I still have red spots/hives on my arms and torso which clearly indicate that I"m in withdrawal. In a nutshell the days are becoming bearable. 

 

Due to this, I haven't gone back on the medication. I talked to the psychiatrist and told me if I wanted to get back to 2.5mg. Though, seeing my symptoms are bearable, I rather just ride this and let my nervous system amend itself than risk damaging it more than it is at the moment. 

 

I know everyone's experience is different, though do you find my pattern similar to yours. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
manymoretodays
On 9/14/2018 at 7:30 PM, manny03 said:

In a nutshell the days are becoming bearable. 

 

Yay!  I think that is good.

And thank you for putting the Trintellix in your signature.

 

On 9/14/2018 at 7:30 PM, manny03 said:

Due to this, I haven't gone back on the medication. I talked to the psychiatrist and told me if I wanted to get back to 2.5mg. Though, seeing my symptoms are bearable, I rather just ride this and let my nervous system amend itself than risk damaging it more than it is at the moment. 

 

I think if you did decide to "reinstate" a small amount now........you would certainly want to do less than 2.5 mg.  And that sounds like a good plan for now......the just ride this out.

 

Thanks manny03 for the update.

 

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Share this post


Link to post
manny03

Update

 

The symptoms have continued to wane down and it's becoming from bearable to tolerable with symptoms switching back and forth, like if my brain/nervous system is fighting with my gut since this what I'm experiencing now. 

 

Minute headaches that switch to lower abdominal cramps that cause constipation and switch back to headaches. Then, have slight heart palpitations, switch to loss of coordination/feeling on the boat sensations, and switch to chills. It's become a cycle.

 

Though, like I mentioned before it's tolerable though find the chills scary since I had them when my ssri poop out in April though went away when I had my shingles outbreak. Though, after the virus passed away, those symptoms came back. Though, I have to constantly remind myself chills is a symptom from Anxiety, and my Dr did blood work and everything came out fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
manny03

Update

 

The symptoms have calmed down. Especially the coordination issues/being the boat feeling. It's just here and there now. some muscle weakness/tension, I have feelings of wanting to jump out of my skin, temperature changes, or panic attack sensations, headache and abdominal switching has become less frequent and intense. Insomnia is becoming manageable were I'm able to sleep some night for five hours uninterrupted. Hives/red spots are there though now calm down at night.  I don't want to jinx myself it seems either I'm in a window or my nervous system is finally coming back online since it feels like I'm 75-80% back. 

 

Perhaps what's aided my recovery is drinking a half of glass of magnesium fortified orange juice. In addition, drink a turmeric shake in the morning and evening (I put turmeric condiment, pepper, sesame seeds, and honey). 

Share this post


Link to post
manny03

Update

 

well symptoms are the same though only occur every other two to three hours that I'm able to have a productive day. Though, I acknowledge its annoying when a 'mini wave' occurs. Noticed that the symptoms begin just after I wake up, which is a good thing since I've mentioned previously i have the fear that I have a brain tumor, however like my therapist and mother have said brain tumors or ms don't cause stomach aches or diarrhea or red skin spots/hives. 

 

Though, what has me perplexed and it's being mentioned previously on this forum is how the medical community lack acknowledgement regarding the protracted withdrawal symptoms. My therapist was telling me that I couldn't be in withdrawals still since I stopped in July 14. Though, I had to remind him that I had stopped originally on June 16 and went back on it on June 26 however it made my symptoms worse. Me going back and forth rocked my nervous system and perhaps that's why I'm still having issues.

 

Or also it could be that I've recovered though my mind is playing tricks with me and is still triggering these symptoms. previously I had injured my lower back and the injury i had corrects itself within a few weeks, mines lasted four years. After seeing specialists and nothing happened. Still had lower back aches until I quickly caught on that when I didn't socialize or worked, it went away. Came away from yesterday's therapy session with doubts that either it's withdrawals or my mind is at again. 

Share this post


Link to post
manny03

Update

 

Today, I was able to sleep six hours. Which is great. For the first four hours I felt normal again, then I had a 'mini wave' of slight headaches and the feeling on the boat sensation. I feel ok now. Yesterday I had abdominal cramps or lower back pain. Though, that went away. Though, like I've mentioned before, its become tolerable, and I'm able to have a productive day. 

Share this post


Link to post
manny03

Update:

 

Mostly the same except the lower back pain is gone and been able to sleep seven hours of sleep. The symptoms are getting less though get ramped up when I'm around people. the headaches and off balance sensation is still there. Blurred/weird focusing vision occurs once a blue moon on both eyes, though separately on different times. Now, I've had vroom like sensation on my right ear. Then, in other moments, like nothing is happening. Everything is normal. 

 

Also, I'm surprised with lack of responses to my posts. I'll keep posting here for those needing reassurance in the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Cari

Thank you for sharing your story and progress. I wasn't on the same drug, but it seems many have the same wd symptoms hit and miss. It helps to relate to someone elses withdrawal symptoms, it can be comforting to know it is normal and also scary to read what may still come. I can relate to worrying that I have some disease causing all of this, it's hard not to worry, and then try to convince yourself it's just withdrawal and relax. The feeling comes and goes.

 

Glad to hear you are slowly improving and feeling better! Positive info to hear... I think I have a long road to recovery with all my w/d symptoms (dizzy, weakness, off-balance, insomnia, anxiety, tingling and burning sensation, shortness of breath etc.) and have had advice from Drs to start another med because it might help. But if I can get through it I really hope I can just take NOTHING and HEAL ... the anxiety and weakness that showed up is frustrating and scary, being dizzy daily for months has been debilitating. But, Taking it day by day at this point and trying to hang in there. 

 

Hope you continue to improve each day! Hang in there! Sounds like you are doing great! 

Share this post


Link to post
manny03
2 hours ago, Cari said:

Thank you for sharing your story and progress. I wasn't on the same drug, but it seems many have the same wd symptoms hit and miss. It helps to relate to someone elses withdrawal symptoms, it can be comforting to know it is normal and also scary to read what may still come. I can relate to worrying that I have some disease causing all of this, it's hard not to worry, and then try to convince yourself it's just withdrawal and relax. The feeling comes and goes.

 

Glad to hear you are slowly improving and feeling better! Positive info to hear... I think I have a long road to recovery with all my w/d symptoms (dizzy, weakness, off-balance, insomnia, anxiety, tingling and burning sensation, shortness of breath etc.) and have had advice from Drs to start another med because it might help. But if I can get through it I really hope I can just take NOTHING and HEAL ... the anxiety and weakness that showed up is frustrating and scary, being dizzy daily for months has been debilitating. But, Taking it day by day at this point and trying to hang in there. 

 

Hope you continue to improve each day! Hang in there! Sounds like you are doing great! 

Crossing my fingers that I continue improving. 

 

Read your history, good Lord the Dr had you on a rollercoaster. Just hang in there. Though, I'll say do try and take magnesium and fish oil to mitigate the symptoms. Since I'm broke,  I can't get the fish oil. I can't take magnesium capsules since it flares up my ibs,  i drink half of glass of vitamin d fortified orange juice in the morning - I get Tropicana brand. It's helped. 

 

I'll continue to post my progress to give those hope that there's a way out. THough, it's hellish to say the least. 

 

Over the last few days I've developed the shortness of breath though it comes and goes.  also, I've developed akathisia, since I need to be on the constant move, however it comes and goes. Had the burning sensation on my skin though that resolved itself. Though, the headaches, off balance/fatigue, abdominal cramps, anxiety, hyper sex drive, and hives are the stubborn symptoms that haven't resolved themselves, though the intensity has lessened as time goes by. 

 

Note - I don't mind the hyper sex drive. I want to keep that. Lol!

 

Right now I'm having flu like symptoms - runny nose, slight headache, and achy muscles. Hope it's just the withdrawal or the flu not something crazy. 

 

My hope is that I'm well in a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
manny03

Update: 

 

The symptoms are about the same (headaches, vision disturbances, off balance, anxiety/akathesia, abdominal cramps, hives/stress rash) , though I've gained another hour of sleep. So now I sleep between six to seven hours now.

 

Noticed that my headaches mostly occur at night now, before going to bed. 

 

Its being several weeks and wanted to bring up this point, that I've noticed my off balance sensation starts in the morning, though goes away after I eat Breakfast. Though, thinking back its occurred at random times of the day. Though, for a few minutes or seconds.

 

I went to my Primary and Therapist early this week. And when both told me I'm not going through withdrawals, and this was my anxiety, I had a panic attack symptoms (headaches, throat tightening, sudden rush not to stay still)  since I felt lonely due to the reason every symptom I'm having match exactly Dr. Glenmullen's Antidepressant Withdrawal Symptom List.

 

They want me to go back to taking meds. I'm like no. I'm done. The medication made me aggressive towards my mother, antisocial with my grandmother, heart palpitation, I felt I was losing my grip strength or became to fixed on my hand grip. I have a suspicion that my body rejected the medication to such an extreme that it led to my shingles outbreak. 

 

The antisocial and aggression symptoms with the other physical symptoms I've described went away when I stopped the medication. 

 

On 9/17/2018 at 9:06 AM, manymoretodays said:

 

And that sounds like a good plan for now......the just ride this out.

 

Thanks manny03 for the update.

 

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Some moments, I think I have some horrible illness and want my primary to do more tests, though I've had my checks done and everything came out great. Then other moments, I want to reinstate, though I think back and I'm like no way. I'm not going to mess up the progress I've reached.

 

I'm like 63-75% percent back since I'm able to 1.65 mile uphill run, a 2.15mile run that if I wanted to, push myself for 3 miles. With headaches or no headaches.  During these runs, I don't have the off balance sensation which is a mystery to me. Though, it could be the healing process. Hives/Rash do flare up, though, not as much as before.

 

Then, the rest of the time, is like nothing happened hence (63-75%) number, 

 

I'll just keep posting here as my progress comes along.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Cari
13 hours ago, manny03 said:

Update: 

 

The symptoms are about the same (headaches, vision disturbances, off balance, anxiety/akathesia, abdominal cramps, hives/stress rash) , though I've gained another hour of sleep. So now I sleep between six to seven hours now.

 

Noticed that my headaches mostly occur at night now, before going to bed. 

 

Its being several weeks and wanted to bring up this point, that I've noticed my off balance sensation starts in the morning, though goes away after I eat Breakfast. Though, thinking back its occurred at random times of the day. Though, for a few minutes or seconds.

 

I went to my Primary and Therapist early this week. And when both told me I'm not going through withdrawals, and this was my anxiety, I had a panic attack symptoms (headaches, throat tightening, sudden rush not to stay still)  since I felt lonely due to the reason every symptom I'm having match exactly Dr. Glenmullen's Antidepressant Withdrawal Symptom List.

 

They want me to go back to taking meds. I'm like no. I'm done. The medication made me aggressive towards my mother, antisocial with my grandmother, heart palpitation, I felt I was losing my grip strength or became to fixed on my hand grip. I have a suspicion that my body rejected the medication to such an extreme that it led to my shingles outbreak. 

 

The antisocial and aggression symptoms with the other physical symptoms I've described went away when I stopped the medication. 

 

Some moments, I think I have some horrible illness and want my primary to do more tests, though I've had my checks done and everything came out great. Then other moments, I want to reinstate, though I think back and I'm like no way. I'm not going to mess up the progress I've reached.

 

I'm like 63-75% percent back since I'm able to 1.65 mile uphill run, a 2.15mile run that if I wanted to, push myself for 3 miles. With headaches or no headaches.  During these runs, I don't have the off balance sensation which is a mystery to me. Though, it could be the healing process. Hives/Rash do flare up, though, not as much as before.

 

Then, the rest of the time, is like nothing happened hence (63-75%) number, 

 

I'll just keep posting here as my progress comes along.  

 

 

Yes no more meds!! More meds... more problems... more withdrawal... a never ending cycle! 

Hang in there! Sounds like you are doing great!

Share this post


Link to post
manny03

Came across this.

 

https://www.everydayhealth.com/columns/therese-borchard-sanity-break/is-it-withdrawal-or-depression-relapse/

 

And I was surprised that it matched my withdrawal process. From Mid June to July, I had some symptoms though in general I was fine. I thought, well I saved myself from the headaches and other terrible symptoms. 

 

Though a month after the final dose that I took of my 5mg Trintellix (July 14) - Making it August 14, that's when the 'fun' truly started with me, and all the symptoms described on my signature occurred. 

 

So, its seems in my case, I had a delayed withdrawals process. 

Share this post


Link to post
manymoretodays

Thank you manny for the update and thoughts.  Where are you with supplements....Fish oil and/or Magnesium?  

Share this post


Link to post
manny03
52 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Thank you manny for the update and thoughts.  Where are you with supplements....Fish oil and/or Magnesium?  

I can't tolerate taking pill based magnesium since it flares up my ibs. Though, I'm drinking it via Tropicana orange juice which is fortified with calcium, vitamin d, and magnesium. This has greatly helped alleviate the symptoms especially the light headed/lethargic sensation. I'm able to be productive throughout the day. Though if i don't drink it, the lethargy comes back. 

 

i hope this goes away soon since i don't want to be drinking orange 🍊 everyday to keep me 'normal' 

 

i have my suspicions that I'm suffering from PAWS (post acute withdrawal syndrome since i suffer from off balance/coordination issues, lethargy, headaches, visual disturbances, abdominal cramps, or i get bummed out at moments or get the classic anxiety symptoms (tighting throat, breathing issues, or wanting run out of a place). Though, the hives/rash symptoms only show up after stopping the medication which i still have. hence I'm like am I'm still in 'regular' withdrawal or have i entered into PAWS phase. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
manny03

Update:

 

Since Tuesday. I finally had my first three day window. I felt normal for the first time since May. 

 

Though, kinda miss the hypersex drive lol! 

 

Though, Friday evening, slowly but surely the wave came in. Though, it wasn't as bad as before. The hives/stress rash are slowly fading which is a good sign. 

 

Symptoms

Abdominal cramps/Constipation

Slight headache

Burping/nausea sensation. 

Akathisia/off balance sensation. 

 

Though, like always I don't know why I feel anxious in the mornings and after eating my breakfast meal, the feeling goes away. 

 

Besides that, it seems that I'm 70-80% back from what I posted last week. Crossing my fingers this healing process continues. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Cari
12 hours ago, manny03 said:

Update:

 

Since Tuesday. I finally had my first three day window. I felt normal for the first time since May. 

 

Though, kinda miss the hypersex drive lol! 

 

Though, Friday evening, slowly but surely the wave came in. Though, it wasn't as bad as before. The hives/stress rash are slowly fading which is a good sign. 

 

Symptoms

Abdominal cramps/Constipation

Slight headache

Burping/nausea sensation. 

Akathisia/off balance sensation. 

 

Though, like always I don't know why I feel anxious in the mornings and after eating my breakfast meal, the feeling goes away. 

 

Besides that, it seems that I'm 70-80% back from what I posted last week. Crossing my fingers this healing process continues. 

 

Awesome Great news! Hang in there!! Hope you continue to heal quickly! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
manny03
4 minutes ago, Cari said:

Awesome Great news! Hang in there!! Hope you continue to heal quickly! 🙂

Hang in there, Cari. I hope you begin to see some healing pretty soon. 

 

For today, my anxiety and off balance ramped up a bit being around people, and I don't know I had to eat to calm me down. Or had a weird pain around my ankle... Weird. Though, what can you expect from random withdrawal symptoms.

Share this post


Link to post
Cari
47 minutes ago, manny03 said:

Hang in there, Cari. I hope you begin to see some healing pretty soon. 

 

For today, my anxiety and off balance ramped up a bit being around people, and I don't know I had to eat to calm me down. Or had a weird pain around my ankle... Weird. Though, what can you expect from random withdrawal symptoms.

Thank you manny, Ive had a lot of anxiety lately, shortness of breath day and night and insomnia among all my other symptoms. Hasn't been fun.... really wish all this stuff would end. It's exhausting! 

 

Hope the weird pain subsides! Glad you could eat and it helped!

Share this post


Link to post
manny03
6 hours ago, Cari said:

Thank you manny, Ive had a lot of anxiety lately, shortness of breath day and night and insomnia among all my other symptoms. Hasn't been fun.... really wish all this stuff would end. It's exhausting! 

Sadly its true when they say only with time these symptoms will go away. Seems were here for the long run.

 

These medications sadly while the medical community doesn't want to admit to it though, they're another class of drug since coming off of them causes similar symptoms as those coming off from marijuana etc. 

 

My brother who quit using recreational drugs told me it might take to a year for me to be back in homeostasis, and  My uncle whose known people who quit other recreational drugs also mentioned a year to two year time frame. It bummed me out, though at least I have an answer from someone who went through this. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Cari
53 minutes ago, manny03 said:

Sadly its true when they say only with time these symptoms will go away. Seems were here for the long run.

 

These medications sadly while the medical community doesn't want to admit to it though, they're another class of drug since coming off of them causes similar symptoms as those coming off from marijuana etc. 

 

My brother who quit using recreational drugs told me it might take to a year for me to be back in homeostasis, and  My uncle whose known people who quit other recreational drugs also mentioned a year to two year time frame. It bummed me out, though at least I have an answer from someone who went through this. 

 

 

Yaaaa I think many are in it for the long haul. Trying to take it one day at a time and not worry too much, but sometimes it's hard and I feel really overwelmed and burnt out after 5 months. I can only pray my body heals quickly and keeps on improving. It's been a rough road.... hanging on by a thread some days. 

 

Yes sadly only time heals . . . No quick fix for this.

Share this post


Link to post
manny03
9 minutes ago, Cari said:

Yaaaa I think many are in it for the long haul. Trying to take it one day at a time and not worry too much, but sometimes it's hard and I feel really overwelmed and burnt out after 5 months. I can only pray my body heals quickly and keeps on improving. It's been a rough road.... hanging on by a thread some days. 

 

Yes sadly only time heals . . . No quick fix for this.

I agree. The symptoms are overwhelming and scary. For example I have a red spot that came out on my forearm yesterday. I've noticed these spots coming out on random parts of my body ever since I stopped the medication. Though, they go away after a week and half. from what I've read these meds mess with hormones and histamine receptors that could be the reason why I've had rashes, hives, huge teenager pimples lol! Or these random red spots. 

 

I just hope this med didn't cause any permanent damage in the long term. 

Share this post


Link to post
Cari
1 minute ago, manny03 said:

I agree. The symptoms are overwhelming and scary. For example I have a red spot that came out on my forearm yesterday. I've noticed these spots coming out on random parts of my body ever since I stopped the medication. Though, they go away after a week and half. from what I've read these meds mess with hormones and histamine receptors that could be the reason why I've had rashes, hives, huge teenager pimples lol! Or these random red spots. 

 

I just hope this med didn't cause any permanent damage in the long term. 

I had some weird red spots for a while too . . . And also had like a dark red heat rash on my chest yesterday for a few hours but it passed. New things all the time. 

 

Yes... God willing no permanent damage! !  I've been dizzy for 5 months... all the time... just ea day varies in intensity... makes functioning difficult. I can't image a lifetime of this!!

Share this post


Link to post
manny03
2 minutes ago, Cari said:

I had some weird red spots for a while too . . . And also had like a dark red heat rash on my chest yesterday for a few hours but it passed. New things all the time. 

 

Yes... God willing no permanent damage! !  I've been dizzy for 5 months... all the time... just ea day varies in intensity... makes functioning difficult. I can't image a lifetime of this!!

Have you tried taking magnesium or fish oil to mitigate that symptom since I'm My case taking orange juice with calcium, vitamin d, and magnesium have helped cut down my dizzy spells. Now, experience it once every three days though now I only experience that odd anxiety/off balance/run to the hills sensation that goes away after I eat . 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...