Gth27: mirtazapine withdrawal

Gth27

Hello everyone i’m a 26 years old male.

End of 2017 the doctor give me mirtazapine because I was sleeping very bad for over a year. She said it wasn’t addictive and if I dont like it I can stop anytime.

I never had depression or anxiety in my life the only thing was the lack of sleep. I started it in december 2017 at 15mgs in the evening. The first day I take it I got some kind of panic attack I couldnt think, everthing feels strange and my hands were tingling. I went back and asked if it was the medicine but she thinks it was just a panic attack because of the lack of sleep. I stop taking it for a couple of days. Then I started it again because the doctor assured it wasnt the medicine.

When I started again the only thing I noticed when I took them are some kind of brain zaps and restless legs. But that did go away after a few weeks. Everything went good after that for 4 months,I sleep during that 4 months the only side effects i noticed were that I eat a lot and sometimes I got the tingling in my hand and feet. After the 4 months I became very scared because I was just sitting at home and out of nowhere I getting very scared and noticed that what I now know getting intrusive thoughts. I never had them in my live.

Then I started googling and find out I wasnt the only one who has problems with this drug. I was so scared that I decided to quit the drugs so I went to the doctor again. This was around March 2018. She tould me to take 7,5mg for 3 weeks and after that 3,75mg for 3 weeks and then quit. When I jumped to 7,5 mg I felt great for a few weeks then I go to the 3,75mg and felt terrible I couldnt function at all I was very tired and even watching television became to much. I couldnt eat,sleep and noticed I get tinnitus and my ears got very sensitive to sounds. I hold it for a couple of weeks but then I cant take it anymore so I went back to 7,5mg and felt relief after three days. That worked for a couple of weeks but after that I noticed the intrusive thoughts are back and they would get worse. After that I googled the whole day and became obsessed about the withdrawal. I hold at the 7,5mg for a couple of months because I was to scared to decrease. Sometimes I felt good but most of the time I felt realy bad and scared that I never get better. In July of this year I decided to taper because the symptoms get very bad again.

I went to the doctor and asked for the liquid mirtazapine and she agreed. At the moment I am doing a four month taper, every 2 weeks I am going to drop 1mg and at the moment Im at 4,5mg.

I know it is way too fast but I never stabilize on a dose and Im already sick all the time.

At this moment my symptoms are:

Racing thoughts

Tinnitus

Nausea cant eat much losing weight.

Obsessive about withdrawing

Some kind of brain zaps/tension in head.

Muscle twitching

I get some sleep I think 4 or 5 hours but some days i dont sleep at all.

I follow some topics here about mirtazapine for a while and I know it is a very bad drug.

Edited by manymoretodays
just spacing for ease of reading

December 2017- start 15mg mirtazapine

March 2018 - reduce from 15 to 7,5mg then after 2 weeks reduce tot 3,75mg

April 2018- going back to 7,5mg

July 2018-tapered 1mg off every 2 weeks.

September 2018- 4,5mg 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Gth27: mirtazapine withdrawal
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Gth,

And welcome.

This page now acts as your Introduction topic,  it's your introduction to the group. It also acts as a journal, so we can all follow and respond to your progress. Members may respond to your topic and give you support and encouragement.  Questions specific to your situation generally should go here as well. 

We recommend a harm reduction method of W/D(withdrawal, withdrawing) from antidepressants(AD's).

Why taper by 10% of my dosage*

We advocate for a harm reduction approach to getting off these medications.  The 10% reduction is based on each previous dose, rather than the starting dose.   Often, the CT(cold turkey) approach is way too fast.  As are large decreases in dosages.

When we take medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug. When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.  

Also with the changes in medications, up and down.......often havoc results on an already sensitized nervous system.

Dr Glenmullen's withdrawal symptom checklist

You may find many of your symptoms ^ included here

Please put your withdrawal history into a signature

this is really important, as it allows us to see your situation at a glance.  Just follow the instructions in that link.  The signature is the portion that you can see below others posts, unless viewing from a phone device.  You can still, however, do a signature from a phone device.

I'll include our Tips for tapering off mirtazapine here as well. 

The only 2 supplements that we recommend are:

Omega 3, fatty acids( fish oil)

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker

It's best to just start one new thing at a time however,  start low, then keep records as to what you are adding or changing.

All for now.  Work on the signature and let us know how we may best help.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Hi Gth27!

I took Remeron 3.75 for one day and felt horrible the next day so I didn't take it the next day. The next day, Sunday, I felt strange, like my hands felt numb and tickly inside my skin. Drove me nuts! I noticed that I've been waking up with racing thoughts/anxiety attacks every morning since stopping Remeron. I was on Nardil before and the withdrawals were pretty bad. I took Remeron 20 something days after the washout to make sure there were no  interactions. My anxiety wasn't even that high before starting Remeron. Now I feel depressed and anxious all the time. The numbness/tickling sensations appear after I wake up in the morning! Drove me crazy. I also started on Celexa, my old med, and I feel the strange tickling sensations underneath my skin. It comes and goes. I know Nardil messed me up, but taking Remeron for 1 day messed me up even more.

I didn't continue with Remeron cuz 3.75 made me a non-functional zombie. Not only that but the reviews online terrified the heck out of me.

I'm sorry you're going through withdrawals. I have racing thoughts as well. I didn't have insomnia before but now I do! I was able to sleep 7-9 hours per day, but now im sleeping 4-5 hours per night! I also have nausea too; I didn't get this on the Nardil withdrawal. You are not alone. Im experiencing most of the symptoms you described. Take care, friend!

Edited by Altostrata
removed mod note

DX: Panic and GAD

Past Rx:

Paxil, Zoloft, Lexapro, Prozac, Luvox, Celexa, Cymbalta, Nardil, Buspar, Effexor XR, Remeron, Seroquel, Gabapentin

Stuff I take now: Ativan .5mg prn; Lyrica 25 mg prn, Celexa 5mg

Hi pixarfan03

I know its a strange drug. I cant function at all at the moment. I only took it for sleep and my doctor said if I dont like it I can stop it  anytime. Insomnia is worse the last 2  nights. 

Good luck with your symptoms

September 2018- 4,5mg 

Gth,

My situation is similar. I slept for two hours last night. Woke up with a panic attack and was too scared to sleep. I cannot believe ur doctor gave this to u. My pdoc suggested it so I willingly too it. Sigh... I hope ur better. Make sure u tire the heck out of urself by walking or running. Exhaust yourself. See if that helps.

Ttyl,

Anna

DX: Panic and GAD

Past Rx:

Paxil, Zoloft, Lexapro, Prozac, Luvox, Celexa, Cymbalta, Nardil, Buspar, Effexor XR, Remeron, Seroquel, Gabapentin

Stuff I take now: Ativan .5mg prn; Lyrica 25 mg prn, Celexa 5mg

Hi Ght,

I am also a mirtazapine victim. If you want, you can see my story here https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15896-wanttosurvive-tianeptine/

Don't worry, you are in the right place, just follow recommendations.

Take care,

6 months treatment of prozac in 1996 (do not remember any withdrawal symptom)

May 2017- July 2017 Mirtazapine 7,5 mg. Quit cold turkey (as told by the doctor)

May 2017- August 2017 Tianeptine 12,5 mg 3x1. Quit cold turkey because of adverse reactions

October 2017- Suicidal. Had to start Mirtazapine

17 December 2017 LAST DOSE   

NO DRUG AFTER 17 DECEMBER 2017.

IN THE 3. YEAR OF WD I WAS THINKING I HAD RECOVERED 75%. BUT IN THE 4. YEAR AFTER A DENTAL IMPLANT SURGERY EVERYHING HAS CHANGED. 

BELIEVE OR NOT, I AM EXPERIENCING A SECOND WD, WHICH IS INDUCED BY A SURGERY. DATE OF SURGERY WAS 10 DECEMBER 2021. 

Hello wanttosurvive

I have read your story. You were on mirtazapine for only 2 months? Its a nasty drug. Im still on 4,5mg and I got withdrawals already. Cant imagine what it does when I stop. Are you a little better now? 

September 2018- 4,5mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Gth,

Have you gotten a chance to read through some of the links yet?

And thank you for doing your signature for us. 

At this point I think you should consider at least just HOLDING. 

The 10 % taper is based on 10% of each previous dose.  So.......for example 10% of 7.5 mg would be .75 mg.

So.......your first taper would have been just down to 6.75 mg.

And then back in March 2018 you cut your dose in half, or reduced 50% 2 times.

And I'm not trying to make you feel guilty.........you didn't know, and unfortunately your Dr. didn't know either.  Which is unfortunate as Mirtazapine has a known discontinuation syndrome.

On 9/19/2018 at 4:48 AM, Gth27 said:

I went to the doctor and asked for the liquid mirtazapine and she agreed. At the moment I am doing a four month taper, every 2 weeks I am going to drop 1mg and at the moment Im at 4,5mg.

I know it is way too fast but I never stabilize on a dose and Im already sick all the time.

What is the concentration of your liquid mirtazapine? 

And the manufacturer, if it's on the label?

When I started again the only thing I noticed when I took them are some kind of brain zaps and restless legs. But that did go away after a few weeks. Everything went good after that for 4 months,I sleep during that 4 months the only side effects i noticed were that I eat a lot and sometimes I got the tingling in my hand and feet. After the 4 months I became very scared because I was just sitting at home and out of nowhere I getting very scared and noticed that what I now know getting intrusive thoughts. I never had them in my live.

And then here ^ you do state that the medication seemed to help with sleep but then side effects started.

At this moment my symptoms are:

Racing thoughts

Tinnitus

Nausea cant eat much losing weight.

Obsessive about withdrawing

Some kind of brain zaps/tension in head.

Muscle twitching 

I get some sleep I think 4 or 5 hours but some days i dont sleep at all.

It does sound like you are having W/D symptoms

I've got one more link for you to look at as well.

About reinstating and stabilizing

According to medical knowledge, reinstatement is the only way to alleviate withdrawal symptoms.   Definitely read the first post in that link and see what you think.  We would not be recommending that you jump all the way back up to 7.5 mg, perhaps just a 0.5 -1 mg increase in your dose might help.

Do have a look at some of our nondrug coping  in the Symptoms and self care forum here on site.

Consider trying some fish oil or magnesium.  The fish oil seems to help with the brain zaps and certainly nervous system stabilization.  The magnesium is usually fairly calming.  The first couple of posts in the magnesium and fish oil links, have the bulk of the information that you may need on those.  Those links are at the end of my welcoming post to you.

Eat.......even if you are not hungry.  Just go for it. 

You'll get better.  Much patience required Gth, once thrown into W/D.........

Let me know what you think.......if you'd like to try an updose. 

Keep us updated in any case for now.  Okay.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
removed excess white space

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

14 hours ago, Gth27 said:

Hello wanttosurvive

I have read your story. You were on mirtazapine for only 2 months? Its a nasty drug. Im still on 4,5mg and I got withdrawals already. Cant imagine what it does when I stop. Are you a little better now? 

Hi Ght,

In May 2017 the doctor prescribed me two drugs; mirtazapine and tianeptine. I had taken mirta for 2 months and quitted CT, which was the doctor's recommendation. After 1 month while I was only on tianeptine (the acute wd of mirta was only 3 weeks and it was over), I used clarithromycine for sinus infection. This time the real story began. I got new and uncontrollable symptoms (severe anxiety, agitation, nausea, palpitations, insomnia-1 or 2 hours of sleep-, etc.) this time I quitted tianeptine CT by myself (I was on tianeptine for 3 months). After 2,5 months of CT of tianeptine, I got suicidal and had to start mirta again. Between October and December 2017 I used mirta. My last dose of mirta was in 17 December 2017.

The fact that while on drugs you have adverse reactions, this means you are sensitized. You should carefully taper and quit the drug. But do not be panicked. Moderators are so knowledgable and they will help you. 

Also be sure about that everyone is different. This means the story of one person's do not fit other's one. I am off drugs for over 9 months and still have terrible symptoms. But you are young, I think you will recover much much more quickly. Do not worry. 

Take care, 

6 months treatment of prozac in 1996 (do not remember any withdrawal symptom)

May 2017- July 2017 Mirtazapine 7,5 mg. Quit cold turkey (as told by the doctor)

May 2017- August 2017 Tianeptine 12,5 mg 3x1. Quit cold turkey because of adverse reactions

October 2017- Suicidal. Had to start Mirtazapine

17 December 2017 LAST DOSE   

NO DRUG AFTER 17 DECEMBER 2017.

IN THE 3. YEAR OF WD I WAS THINKING I HAD RECOVERED 75%. BUT IN THE 4. YEAR AFTER A DENTAL IMPLANT SURGERY EVERYHING HAS CHANGED. 

BELIEVE OR NOT, I AM EXPERIENCING A SECOND WD, WHICH IS INDUCED BY A SURGERY. DATE OF SURGERY WAS 10 DECEMBER 2021. 

5 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

What is the concentration of your liquid mirtazapine? 

And the manufacturer, if it's on the label?

It is mirtazapine 1 Mg/ml I dont know the manufacturer.

The last time I went up I stayed at 7,5mg for a few months and it didnt work. 

The worst symptoms is the racing thougths and the insomnia. So i dont know what to do. 

September 2018- 4,5mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

HI Gth27

Same like you i took Mirtazapine for only two months and then i needed 1.5 years to go off it. Now i am feeling a lot better and almost normal in everything. Do not worry if you read my story in the forum it is terrible but with a happy ending so far. Try to be slow in your tapper and be gentle to yourselfe. On the bad days do not overdo yourself. It is temporary and concentrate on your good days. They are a clear indicator that you are healing. 

I will send you a private message with some more details though for the situation buddy. You will be fine after some time. Just stick the course and do not panic.

All the best
Santino

2015 -  2016 Xanax only rescue doses of 0.125 mg 1-2 times per month
 March 2016 0.125Mg * 2 Xanax for 10 days.

20 March 2016 0.25 Mg * 2 Xanax for one week. 1 April 2016 Tranxene 5 mg and Fevarin but bad reaction for 5 days.4 April 2016 25 Mg Amitryptiline + 6 MG bromazepam at night

Started tapering Bromazepam 6 days later reached up to 3 MG in 10 days and withdrawal. Pdoc asked to go 6 MG again.

10 of May started Remeron 15 MG and started tapering Bromazepam again.

SINCE 09/06/2016 BENZO FREE - Started Tapering Remeron 04/07/2016

04/Jul/16 12.8 Mg, 11/Aug/16 12 Mg, 20/Aug/16 11Mg, 3/Sept/16 10Mg, 11/Sept/16 9 Mg, 30/Sept/16 8.1 Mg, 14/Oct/16 7.25 Mg, 17/Nov/16 6.7, 23/Nov/16 6.5, 2/Dec/16 6.25, 9/Dec/16 6Mg, 25/Dec/16 5.7Mg, 4/Jan/17 5.4Mg, 20/Jan/17 5.2Mg, 07/Feb/17 5 Mg, 15/Feb/17 4.8Mg, 27/Feb/17 4.5Mg, 15/Mar/17 4.2Mg, 23/Mar/17 4Mg, 1/Apr/17 3.7Mg, 14/Apr/17 3.4Mg, 27/Apr/17 3.1Mg, 06/May/17 2.8Mg, 22/May/17 2.6Mg, 31/May/17 2.3Mg 09/Jun/17 2Mg, 20/Jun/17 1.7Mg, 29/Jun/17 1.4Mg, 11/Jul/17 1.2Mg, 20/Jul/17 1Mg, 31/Jul/17 0.8Mg, 11/Aug/17 0.6Mg, 23/Aug/17 0.5Mg, 05/Sept/17 0.4Mg, 13/Sept/17 0.3Mg. 22/Sept/17 0.2Mg, 03/Oct/17 0.15Mg, 10/Oct/17 0.1Mg, 23/Oct/17 0.05Mg, 22/Nov/17 0.025Mg, 06/DECEMBER/2017 MIRT FREEE.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Gth,

When did you do your last taper down to 4.5 mg of mirtazapine? 

Your 1 mg drops every 2 weeks may have been a bit too frequent.  I calculated down though and you really haven't done too bad.......it's just the 2 week intervals that may have been too frequent.    It's hard to say Gth, but as you are having symptoms now, you might definitely consider HOLDING before another taper, until you feel some W/D stability(more about this below).  And then taper again......... either just decreasing by 10% of your current dose or less.  Some members do well with microtapers, also  known as the brassmonkey slide method.    And will do just a 2.5% taper, each week, for 4 weeks, and then hold for 2 weeks.  Then recalculate 10% off the present dose and start that cycle again.

10%  of your present 4.5 mg dose is .45 mg.

So 4.5 mg - .45 mg = 4.05 mg   

On 9/25/2018 at 2:47 AM, Gth27 said:

It is mirtazapine 1 Mg/ml I dont know the manufacturer.

The last time I went up I stayed at 7,5mg for a few months and it didnt work. 

The worst symptoms is the racing thougths and the insomnia. So i dont know what to do. 

Thanks for answering the questions.

Are there any patterns to your W/D symptoms.  Do symptoms generally let up before you do a decrease?  More links......oh boy!

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Stability.....what that refers to in W/D

How has the sleep been the last couple of nights?

Tips to help sleep- so many of us have that awful W/D insomnia

Great ideas and more links in the first post ^

If you do decide to updose, I think it might be reasonable to just go with a really small updose.    Since you have the liquid you might consider just 0.25 mg of an updose.  For a total dose of 4.75 mg.  Then you'd need to be patient for at least 4 days.  If symptoms suddenly got worse you would just go back to your 4.5 mg, present dose.   If they stayed the same and then got better in the next week or so.......then you could just HOLD for the 4-6 weeks again.......or longer........and then resume a slow, organized taper again.

If symptoms were no better, but no worse after a week......you could try another .25 mg updose. 

That would be my cautious approach suggestion.

I know.  It is a tough decision Gth.  So......think it through.  Personally........I kind of wish I could have updosed, with my Lexapro .......it might have made my recovery/healing a lot smoother.  But I don't really know for sure.  I'm on the other side of it all now,  for the most part.......so happy about that.

Let us know what you decide.  Thanks for the update too!

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

• 5 months later...

Hello im three months off mirtazapine and since then im experiencing a lot of eye floaters, visual snow, afterimages and some other things. Since last week im also experiencing hyperacusis. Some sounds really hurts my ears. Are there more people who got this and did it get any better over time? 

September 2018- 4,5mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Anyone?

September 2018- 4,5mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

I suggest you post in the topics which I gave the links to.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Im almost 4 months off mirtazapine and getting scared now. I have al the symptoms that some other mirtazapine victims have. I read muddles her story many times and I got the same symptoms.  Strange pressure in my head, lost of feelings and interest in things. Dont feel like myself anymore. Also got a lot of floaters and visual snow. Dont know what to do anymore.

September 2018- 4,5mg 

• Administrator

Did you ever hold while tapering mirtazapine or did you continue to taper too fast?

You have post-acute withdrawal syndrome. How's your sleep?

A lot of people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see
https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

5 hours ago, Gth27 said:

Im almost 4 months off mirtazapine and getting scared now. I have al the symptoms that some other mirtazapine victims have. I read muddles her story many times and I got the same symptoms.  Strange pressure in my head, lost of feelings and interest in things. Dont feel like myself anymore. Also got a lot of floaters and visual snow. Dont know what to do anymore.

Hi Gth27,

You came off Mirt too fast.  It might take a while for the symptoms to settle down. 

Don't panic,  just take each day as it comes. 

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

The symptoms get very bad this week after almost 4 months. How is that possible?

September 2018- 4,5mg 

10 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Did you ever hold while tapering mirtazapine or did you continue to taper too fast?

You have post-acute withdrawal syndrome. How's your sleep?

A lot of people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see
https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

Try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

The first time I was off it I went back on 7,5mg for a few months but I never stabilized.My sleep is very bad and when I do sleep im really exhausted when I wake up. And since my last taper I get visual snow and floaters so I got realy scared. I tapered off in 4 months. Im off almost 4 months now. But what scared me the most is that a lot of people who came off mirt are gone now or in really bad shape. I have read Tgirl,tramond,kata balint and muddles and they story are so similar to mine. I would like to get in contact with muddles maybe se got some advice for me. Cant eat and I got realy strange fatigue like im awake and sleep at the same time. My memory is very bad and ive lost interest in things I used to like. Its like im another person.

September 2018- 4,5mg 

Gth

Please be assured this is all very normal for PAWS.

Im 10month out and in a wave. You have to try and surf the waves.

Take a look at Acceptance on the board.

Tc 

Leo

May 2016 - Aug 2016 - Prozac 20mg

March 2017 - June 2017 - Sertraline 100mg. Horrific withdrawal 5 m onths.

July 2017 - Aug 2017 - Mirtazapine 15mg. Horrific.

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

Thank you for replying but it keeps getting worse I havent got any window. Since I stopped I lost all of my emotions and feel like I become stupid. I got 2 little children and I cant do nothing with them because Im so nauseaus and I got some strange fatigue like I cant get up or get motivated. It feels really strange. I used to play a lot with them. I read a lot of stories and I feel like the people who got the symptoms of lost of emotions and memories dont get better.

September 2018- 4,5mg 

August 2017 - December 2017 Fluoxetine 10mg for 2 weeks ghen Escitalopram 20mg for 12 weeks. Never felt normal since this. Or baseline.

March 2018 - June 2018 - Escitalopram 5mg for 12 weeks. Stopped and here i am full of symptoms i never had.

Please listen.

You are scaring yourself. 

You are looking backwards..... what was i like? What did i used to do?

MOVE FORWARD...... You are were you are now. It gets better however VERY slowly.

Your symptoms are normal. When i stopped my medication i could not remember what i did 2 minutes before.

Come on.... i know its awful but accept and surf.....

Your guna be ok with time.

Please watch and let it absorb. 

I know what you mean but its very hard for me I lost my job already. And I never saw anybody who cold turkeyd mirtazapine and got better with the same symptoms. If you read muddles her story you know what I mean. Got the same symptoms. And I think mirtazapine is very dangerous its 1 in a kind AD. Thank you for you help that video is a very good succes story.

September 2018- 4,5mg 

Your compairing yourself.

Big mistake.

Just to highlight.... 

Muddles was on 15mg for 4 years.

She also remains on the drug.

2 differences straight away.

Did you also get strange pressure on top of your head?

September 2018- 4,5mg 

Yes. Felt like it would explode. All came in windows and waves.

Month 0- 2 i was ok. 

Month 2- 7 i was in hell.

7- 10. Window and waves. Mainly waves. Today i am struggling alot. Head pressure been 1.

He also got the same symptoms and never came back so I cant ask him how he is doing

September 2018- 4,5mg 

• Administrator

You have withdrawal syndrome. Many people here have it, from all kinds of drugs. People recover, but it can be slow and frustrating.

Please read manymoretoday's posts and the links she gave you. If you do not choose to try a bit of mirtazapine, you'll have to cope with your symptoms while you slowly recover. We don't have any instant solutions for you, I'm sorry.

Also read

Are We There Yet? How Long is Withdrawal Going to Take?

"Is it always going to be like this?"

The importance of recognizing you're feeling good

Withdrawal dialogues & encouragement

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Is it possible to reinstate after 4 months? I dont know what to do because last time I went back I didnt stabilize. But I was better then I was now. When I look back the first time when I take the mirtazapine I saw flashes of light when I closed my eyes and I would get brainzaps. Thats not normal I think.

September 2018- 4,5mg 

I cant feel some fingers on my left hand. They are tingling all the time. Is that normal in withdrawal?

September 2018- 4,5mg 

Hi.

I had no sensation in my left arm from month 5- 6. I also had a burning feeling almost like my blood was hot. 

It went away. There is nothing easy about waiting all this out. But it has to be done.