smketdie: strange brain feelings all the time need help

smketdie

@Altostrata  ı really cant live with this head feeling. I cant. What would you suggest ? Trying reinstatement or do what doç says and take amitriptyline? I font have the power 

(14 years old)2014-2015 {Prozac,ritalin and concerta} 

2015-2016 {Prozac changed to Zoloft 100 mg kept taking ritalin and concerta occasionaly}

2017-2018 {CTed Zoloft began taking a lot of concerta(72mg sometimes 144mg a day) and ritalin}

2018-sept of 2018 {CT'ed concerta and ritalin.Started Zoloft 50 mg 

sept of 2018-sept 2019 {CT'ed Zoloft. 3 months later after 3 weed usages(my first times) hell started.}

sept 2019- {reinstate 25 mg Zoloft huge derealization and neck numbness and had an attack at night went to ER.Used ativan couple times. Week later cipralex (Lexapro) 12,5 given .Had huge brain shakes and restlessness.Ativan used.No drugs being used  right now.}

Supplements: Nothing

• Administrator
On 12/9/2019 at 1:07 PM, smketdie said:

The feeling of electric bombs exploding is not passing.

What does this mean?

How's your sleep? What is your sleep schedule?

Have you had any alcohol lately?

Did you say you had amitriptyline?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

@Altostrata

İnside.my brain and neck there iş always a feeling of electric that sometimes explodes like a shock bomb my head gets weird. İt did not get better. I cant kee0 up with this . 

My sleep is bad although sometimes I can sleep İt has been worse. Doing exercises make it worse . I have occasional tinnitus.I feel my neck sensitized in a electric way constantly 

I didnt have any alcohol lately and I didnt take amitriptyline either. I really value your opinions and experience so I have been waiting for answer. İt is really unbearable in a physical way. Back of my head and neck right now hurts and shocks me. I get thinking involuntarily with thst my head rushes

Can I reinstate prozac or try something ?

I really dont want to use drugs and I waited but this was too much .

2015-2016 {Prozac changed to Zoloft 100 mg kept taking ritalin and concerta occasionaly}

2017-2018 {CTed Zoloft began taking a lot of concerta(72mg sometimes 144mg a day) and ritalin}

sept of 2018-sept 2019 {CT'ed Zoloft. 3 months later after 3 weed usages(my first times) hell started.}

sept 2019- {reinstate 25 mg Zoloft huge derealization and neck numbness and had an attack at night went to ER.Used ativan couple times. Week later cipralex (Lexapro) 12,5 given .Had huge brain shakes and restlessness.Ativan used.No drugs being used  right now.}

• Administrator

I don't know what to suggest. With all your drug changes, it looks like you are hypersensitive. I have no idea how you might react to any drug.

What happens when you take Ativan?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

@Altostrata

Ativan made my symptoms go away  I used it 5 times because of the attacks I got. Even magnesium makes those head feelings worse.  You are right İam really  hypersensitive. 

Edited by smketdie
Wrong saying

• Administrator

I hate to suggest this, but if you have Ativan and it helps, you might take a very small amount, such as a quarter-tablet, every 12 hours for a while. You probably will become dependent on the Ativan and will need to taper off. What dosage are your tablets? Requesting advice from @Shep

• Moderator Emeritus
18 hours ago, Altostrata said:

I hate to suggest this, but if you have Ativan and it helps, you might take a very small amount, such as a quarter-tablet, every 12 hours for a while. You probably will become dependent on the Ativan and will need to taper off. What dosage are your tablets? Requesting advice from @Shep

@smketdie Adding in Ativan with your history of alcohol use can be very risky, as alcohol affects the same GABA receptors as Ativan (and all benzodiazepines). 

On December 12, you wrote that you hadn't had any alcohol lately. When was the last time you had alcohol? 

On October 14, you wrote you were sleeping 8 - 9 hours a night. But on November 4, you reported you had insomnia. Can you think of anything that happened that caused your insomnia between October 14 and November 4? 

On 12/13/2019 at 3:26 AM, smketdie said:

@Altostrata

Ativan made my symptoms go away  I used it 5 times because of the attacks I got. Even magnesium makes those head feelings worse.  You are right İam really  hypersensitive. 

Please post the dates that you used Ativan. 

Please note that benzodiazepine dependency can happen in as little as 2 - 4 weeks, so you may want to compare the pros and cons to using this drug and the need for a taper in the future. 

Hello @Shep thank you so much for your answer.

I do not drink that much. I was more into it(in thoughts) just because it made me forget the persistence. The last time I drank was 29 November.

I dont think I have insomnia. İt is just my harsh head symptoms an involuntarily weird thinking. This involuntarily scary imagining and  thinking is the main thing that makes ne unable to sleep. I have no idea what changed it was awful back then too but sleep wasnt a concern.  My sugar cravings made me eat a lot of sugary things it is that maybe oh and I used chorella ? I really dont know.

I cant recall the spesific dates on using Ativan but I can say it was somewhere between half of september and october.  I used it 5 times as I mentioned.

Mysymptoms are worse in the evening. İt is like there are huge electric waves(bomb inside head) coming with tinnitus( left ear) and  my neck makes weird voices also when I rotate it(left) I get huge Vertigo and my vision takes time to stabilize.

What would you suggest to me as someone who had experience with benzos? İam concerned about benzo withdrawal too. Will it make it worse in the long run? İs seeing no improvement until now normal ? 

Really thanks again for reading it means a lot. Iam grateful.

• Moderator Emeritus
18 hours ago, smketdie said:

I dont think I have insomnia. İt is just my harsh head symptoms an involuntarily weird thinking. This involuntarily scary imagining and  thinking is the main thing that makes ne unable to sleep.

It sounds like you're having scary thoughts / visuals and too much thinking and this is causing you distress when you try to sleep. Is this correct? Have you found any guided sleep meditations on YouTube in your native language? That can be very helpful to listen to at night before bed.

My sugar cravings made me eat a lot of sugary things it is that maybe oh and I used chorella ? I really dont know.

Yes, sugar and chlorella could both cause problems.  It can take awhile for the mind/body to sort this out. 

Have you stopped eating sugar and taking chorella? Chorella has vitamin B12, which many people in withdrawal find stimulating and can cause upticks in anxiety and insomnia. 

The last time I drank was 29 November.

That's just a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad you stopped, but this is another substance that can take awhile for the nervous system to calm down from.

I cant recall the spesific dates on using Ativan but I can say it was somewhere between half of september and october.  I used it 5 times as I mentioned.

If possible, I would not take anymore. 5 times is not enough to develop a dependency. 

What would you suggest to me as someone who had experience with benzos? İam concerned about benzo withdrawal too. Will it make it worse in the long run? İs seeing no improvement until now normal ? 

Yes, benzos can be very difficult to taper for many people. You may want to stop completely or just us during an emergency. Please note that even periodic use can cause dependency, as well as rebound anxiety in between doses. So you may have more problems than help with it. 

It may help to know that having symptoms without improvement for several months is very, very common. Please see:

Are We There Yet? How Long is Withdrawal Going to Take?

I would avoid alcohol, weed, junk food, caffeine, sugar, supplements except for the recommended fish oil and magnesium (but only if you can tolerate them), and let your nervous system rest. Looking over your drug and alcohol history, you've taxed your nervous system a lot. I really think you'll feel better by not trying to fix this and letting time by your healer. 

You may find some ideas for non-drug coping help here:

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Are you able to take Epsom salt baths? That can be very calming to the nervous system. Please note Epsom salts are a form of magnesium, so you may want to start out with 1/2 cup of salts to see how you tolerate it. 

An Epsom salt bath, a guided meditation or listening to soft music, some quiet activities such as working a jigsaw puzzle can calm the mind down prior to sleep and quiet those anxious thoughts. 

Please post your thoughts about using these non-drug techniques as opposed to taking Ativan. 

@Shep

İt is involuntarily happening. I am sure it is not anxiety. İt feels like a physical feeling that I cannot control. My mind stays at that state. 

I did stop chorella but I didnt stop sugar. I just crave it so much all the time for the feeling. I will never use alcohol and will stay away from it.

Only problem here is  I have harsh brain symptoms. I do have other things like depression feeling unmotivated but they are so little next to that problem. My head feels so weird, so bad .That shaking that feelings in my Neck drive me crazy . Huge pain, huge electric and shakiness and this being all the time is main concern(repeating but I have to just so I feel my expression is correct).I really dont have anxiety. Mind peace or listening to meditation does not help because they are all physical.  I cant tolerate magnesium it makes me feel worse. I tried OMEGA 3 they .didnt help unfortunately . I will try Epsom salt baths.

Do I have no choice other than waiting because pain adds on ? 

How can I understand if this iş something chronic or not ?(I know they sound obsessive but every one is different this can be possible ) 

Describing the feeling is so hard and no one believes they neglect me  so I have to act normally. I have biochem exam and I cant work just because of this cursed feeling.

I was stupid when I was a child. I hate that I could even touch those drugs under no control and whining doesnt change anything sadly.

I was thinking mailing some doctors or visiting some in my country but going doctor to doctor makes no sense I guess. Alto said how reinstating will act is uncertain. Trying  little dose will do no help right?

Thanks for reading.  Hope you have a good day 

• Moderator Emeritus
15 hours ago, smketdie said:

I was stupid when I was a child.

You weren't stupid when you were a child. What is stupid is a system that allows doctors to drug children. 

15 hours ago, smketdie said:

Alto said how reinstating will act is uncertain. Trying  little dose will do no help right?

You've had so many drug changes, it's unclear if reinstating will help or not. 

When you reinstated Zoloft in September 2019, it was at 25 mg, which likely was too high a dose. 

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

If you do reinstate, you may want to start at 5 mg or less. 

Tips for tapering off Zoloft (sertraline)

@Shep hello

ıam in agony.

You suggested against benzo what was the reason ? Do you have experience about antihistamines(atarax) maybe using them.is fine?

• Moderator Emeritus
14 hours ago, smketdie said:

You suggested against benzo what was the reason ?

As I noted earlier in your thread: 

On 12/14/2019 at 8:47 AM, Shep said:

Please note that benzodiazepine dependency can happen in as little as 2 - 4 weeks, so you may want to compare the pros and cons to using this drug and the need for a taper in the future. 

Benzos cause dependency just like antidepressants, so you'll have to weigh the benefits of using the drug against the possibility of developing dependency and withdrawal symptoms that are very similar to antidepressant withdrawal. 

14 hours ago, smketdie said:

Do you have experience about antihistamines(atarax) maybe using them.is fine?

Please see:

Antihistamines for withdrawal insomnia (diphenhydramine, doxylamine, hydroxyzine)

As Alto writes in the opening post in that thread: The problem with is diphenhydramine is its beneficial sleep effect can wear off and it can go paradoxical -- it will keep you awake instead. So use it sparingly if you can.

If you're having insomnia, there are some great tips here:

Tips to help sleep: so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

• 4 weeks later...

Hello anybody online can you please give ne advice ? Should I take atarax now my head is shaking in a high stake I reel like million ants crawling in My brain and squeezing it. I am also getting  huge derealization  help ? İf I take it will it make my symptons worse 

• Moderator Emeritus

smketdie, I think you missed my last post where this question is answered. 

On 12/23/2019 at 7:38 AM, Shep said:

Please see:

Antihistamines for withdrawal insomnia (diphenhydramine, doxylamine, hydroxyzine)

As Alto writes in the opening post in that thread: The problem with is diphenhydramine is its beneficial sleep effect can wear off and it can go paradoxical -- it will keep you awake instead. So use it sparingly if you can.

If you're having insomnia, there are some great tips here:

Tips to help sleep: so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

@Shep Yes thanks a lot. I also bought Epsom salts but I can use them only in shower unfortunately. I dont have  bathtub. I tried magnesium glycinate again I am thinking maybe  that caused  attack. Now I still have huge derealization my hands arms feel like as they dont belong to me. ı felt like my first days again so it was really really bad. I used atarax yesterday. İt made me sleep.

• Moderator Emeritus
28 minutes ago, smketdie said:

bathtub

An epsom salt footbath is also effective.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

I will definitely give it a try, thanks for passing by @Gridley

I Hope every one is doing well.Today my sensations felt so weird. My head is still contracted and my arms,face feel like they dont belong to me. Touching overstimulates me. I have huge derealization. My head is hurting right now. I have been finding outslowly that İam  sensitive to supplements a ton.Magnesium made me crazy. I will try  not to give up. 

• Moderator Emeritus

How much magnesium did you take?

Some people find that putting a small amount of magnesium in water and slowly sipping on it throughout the day causes fewer side effects than taking it all at one time. 

@Shep  I shredded it Altough Ive never tried what you said. Pieces I took were pretty little. Iam really scared to try again . I feel like my hands arent mine for 2 days after that bad affect. Touching my face scratching my head feels so weird. Can a neck bulging cause these ? I went to doctor and Mrıs found out.that I have minor disk bulging. Also I have been going go the gym for a long time. İt now effects me bad. I am losing everything.

Any idea how going to gym will effect in long term ? Should I keep going despite overstimulation? 

• Mentor
2 hours ago, smketdie said:

Any idea how going to gym will effect in long term ? Should I keep going despite overstimulation? 

I have been going to the gym for 2 months now and it may flare up the symptoms abit.... but I will take that over how much better I feel the following day from it. 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

• Moderator Emeritus
20 hours ago, smketdie said:

It varies from person to person. Some people are able to exercise and some aren't. Please see:

Exercise ... Do more, do less, do nothing? What worked for you?

Taking a walk every day can be helpful if more strenuous exercise is difficult. 

18 hours ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

I have been going to the gym for 2 months now and it may flare up the symptoms abit.... but I will take that over how much better I feel the following day from it. 

I’ve been “trying” to keep go the gym going during massive deterioration of my CT symptoms. I can just about jog (4mph😀) for twenty minutes and then I run out of gas. It might be benefitting my cardio vascular system a tiny bit, but doing zilch for doom cloud.

Cymbalta 2007

Lyrica 2010

Venlafaxine 2010-2018

Amitriptyline October 2018-2019. (25, 50, 75, 100, 75, 50, 25)

CT 10 Sept 2019

Reinstate amitriptyline 5 mg 29 Oct 2019

Reinstate amitriptyline 2.5mg 19 Nov 2019

CT 24  Nov 2019

Vitamin D 16 Dec and Promethazine 25mg 16 Dec (one month only)

• Mentor
14 hours ago, Snorky said:

I’ve been “trying” to keep go the gym going during massive deterioration of my CT symptoms. I can just about jog (4mph😀) for twenty minutes and then I run out of gas. It might be benefitting my cardio vascular system a tiny bit, but doing zilch for doom cloud.

It will get better. I also find it helps distract me from WD symptoms as well. 

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed! 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

3 hours ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

It will get better. I also find it helps distract me from WD symptoms as well. 

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed! 

Hi C

Wish I could believe that. Problem is psychological symptoms are deteriorating v fast. 24/7 negative thoughts and zero interest or motivation in anything. 

Thanks

Cymbalta 2007

Lyrica 2010

Venlafaxine 2010-2018

CT 10 Sept 2019

CT 24  Nov 2019

• Mentor
On 1/24/2020 at 1:23 AM, Snorky said:

Hi C

Wish I could believe that. Problem is psychological symptoms are deteriorating v fast. 24/7 negative thoughts and zero interest or motivation in anything. 

Thanks

Yes, I used to have those feelings for months. Now they come and go and are getting further spaced out. It does get better. 

7 minutes ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

Yes, I used to have those feelings for months. Now they come and go and are getting further spaced out. It does get better. 

Thank you for your interest and support. I sincerely hope so. 

Cymbalta 2007

Lyrica 2010

Venlafaxine 2010-2018

CT 10 Sept 2019

CT 24  Nov 2019

On 1/22/2020 at 9:16 PM, Cocopuffz17 said:

Thanks I triad it bu it seems I just cant tolarate anythig. 

• Mentor
10 minutes ago, smketdie said:

Thanks I triad it bu it seems I just cant tolarate anythig. 

I know how you feel. It will get better. I was unable to do 1 push up at the worst times in withdrawal. Now i am able to do personal bests! 

@Shep my hands feeling like that are not mine has not passed but it has improved. My mind seems to have vivid nightmares in a half wake state. It was like hallucinating I saw myself in my real position and then saw a cat jumping on me. I realizedthere isnt any cat and then came huge fear with huge tingling I could not move and I could not  scream. I tried to scream thinking I was dying. I forced myself and edit my body falling in real slow motion.  I woke up now and I have lot of   paranoia with my normaldaily tinnitus.

• Moderator Emeritus
9 hours ago, smketdie said:

Shep my hands feeling like that are not mine has not passed but it has improved.

Improvements are a great sign of healing, smketdie. It does come in windows and waves, but seeing overall improvements is always a good sign.

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

9 hours ago, smketdie said:

My mind seems to have vivid nightmares in a half wake state. It was like hallucinating I saw myself in my real position and then saw a cat jumping on me. I realizedthere isnt any cat and then came huge fear with huge tingling I could not move and I could not  scream. I tried to scream thinking I was dying. I forced myself and edit my body falling in real slow motion.  I woke up now and I have lot of   paranoia with my normaldaily tinnitus.

It's not uncommon during withdrawal to have odd visuals. Try not to attach your thoughts to them. Simply notice them, tell yourself, "oh, another strange imagine. It will pass." 

And then find a distraction to take your mind off it. Do you like video games? Reading? Listening to music? Or simply take a walk, if you feel up to it. 

For more ideas, please see:

"Change the channel" -- dealing with cognitive symptoms

Dealing With Emotional Spirals

@Shep hey shep do you think fish oil can cause this? Because I have taken it the day sleep paralysis occured and felt bad. Alcso thanks for looking tomagnesium sensitivity thread. 

My head is not improvingand I hate it. It is hard to bear stable feelings about this situation., my mind keeps telling me to take benzo and forget. Iam now pretty scared to supplement. Do you think should I experiment more ? Like cutting magnesium to much  smaller pieces or tak8ng fish oil? Magnesium gave me a head bomb and coming with that huge derealization ( my hands not like mine  stilllasting)

• Moderator Emeritus

Some people are sensitive even to magnesium and fish oil. If you think this is the case, you could reduce the dose and see if there are any improvements. 

İt gets worse as the day goes.  Iam in such bad situation at nights. Perceiving senses feels so weird physical feeling of depersonaljzation kills me. İt is like my symptoms are reaching peak. This iş New to me