Mikefeelworst: Need help. I am so scared.

Mikefeelworst

Mikefeelworst

Hi everyone, I am Mike. I just joined here. I am 18 years old. I got diagnosed depression and anxiety one year ago. And I spent one year on Pristiq. When I get better, my doctor decreased it to 25mg, I remember that I spent two months on it. Then I came off it. The nightmare is begin. At the first few days I started insomnia, don't want to eat, those symptoms are not terrible. After that I starting to become a zombie.Everyday is getting worse. Emotion numb, mind blank,. So I know that I have to take it again. 

So I starting again on last month 1st and added zoloft on 28th until now. 

Now, I am still emotion numb and my brain is very bad. Few days ago I just met my doctor, I told him I 'lost emotion experience' he don't believe me. He said those symptoms is impossible to happen on me. My family don't believe me too they think that I really want to sick wtf. They think I am just depression , anxiety and think too much.

I think that I have

got schizophrenia negative after withdrawal. I am so scare now. My mind is blank and I scare that I will develop Intellectual disability. And I am worry that I can't take care myself in the future. I don't know is that the side effect or something. Anyone experienced exactly the same thing like me? I don't want my life end in here.

Edited by Gridley

Pristiq:  2019 April 1st 50mg at morning till now. 

Rivotril:  2019 April 1st 0.25 mg till now at night ; 2020 April 28th added 0.0625mg twice a day 

Zoloft:  2019 April 28th 25mg; increased the dose to 50mg at 2020 May 5th till now (night) 

Lorazepam:  2019 April 28th dose 1.25mg ; decrease to 0.625mg at 2020 May 20th till now (night) 

Currently taking: 50 mg Pristiq (morning), 50 mg Zoloft (night), 0.0625 mg Rivitrol twice a day, and 0.625 mg lorazepam (night)

Reduced 50mg zoloft to 25mg at 2020 May 31st

Reduced 0.625mg lorazepam at June 3 rd

Can I back to normal? 

Rivotril:  2019 April 1st 0.25 mg till now at night ; 2020 April 28th added 0.0625mg twice a day 

Zoloft:  2019 April 28th 25mg; increased the dose to 50mg at 2020 May 5th till now (night) 

Lorazepam:  2019 April 28th dose 1.25mg ; decrease to 0.625mg at 2020 May 20th till now (night) 

Currently taking: 50 mg Pristiq (morning), 50 mg Zoloft (night), 0.0625 mg Rivitrol twice a day, and 0.625 mg lorazepam (night)

And rivotril since 1st

• ChessieCat changed the title to Mikefeelworst: Help! I am so scare.
  • Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, Mikefeelworst.

You are experiencing antidepressant withdrawal symptoms from coming off the Pristiq very fast.  What dose Pristiq were you taking before the doctor decreased it to 25mg?  Did you stop the 25mg cold turkey (just stopped taking it) or did you taper?  If you tapered, how fast?  

What you are experiencing is real and very common when people stop taking an antidepressant too fast.  Doctors do not believe withdrawal exists.  Emotional numbness and depersonalization are a very common withdrawal symptoms.  Doctors frequently misdiagnose withdrawal as mental illness and try to treat it with more drugs, then more drugs.

I'm sorry your family doesn't believe you.  So that you have a better idea of what you're experiencing here is some information on withdrawal.

What is withdrawal syndrome.

Daily Checklist of Antidepressant Withdrawal Symptoms (PDF) 

When we take psychiatric medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.  

These explain the healing process really well:

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery

Brain Remodelling 

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

Please be careful with the rivotril. You can become physically dependent on benzodiazepines like rivotril after 2 to 4 weeks of regular use and also with intermittent use.  Once you are dependent you no longer receive any benefit from the drug and are taking it only to stave off withdrawal.

Yes, you will heal.  Unfortunately, we can't predict how long it will take.  We don't recommend taking more drugs to deal with withdrawal.  We recommend letting the body heal itself from the effects of these drugs.

This is your Introduction topic, where you can ask questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

12 hours ago, Mikefeelworst said:

Can I back to normal? 

I was also very affraid if I went scizofrenic in withdrawal. I’ve got same kind of symptoms what scizofrenic have. But it’s just not gonna happen. I’ve got none of those symptoms before and I think you neither. But it’s very scary. 

Mid july 2019 started Escitalopram 

First week 2,5mg, second week 5mg, then 10mg for few days, then back to 5mg

Mid september 2019 quit cold turkey Escitalopram

1. february 2020 started Ketipinor for sleep issues and anxiety

mid march 2020 stopped Ketipinor

Taking some Diazepams (Diapam 5mg) for panic attacks and withdrawal. Not taken for months.

Esomeprazol 40mg/day for gastroesophageal reflux disease

Tapering that out 25% / week (done)

On 5/22/2020 at 9:44 PM, Gridley said:

You are experiencing antidepressant withdrawal symptoms from coming off the Pristiq very fast.  What dose Pristiq were you taking before the doctor decreased it to 25mg?  Did you stop the 25mg cold turkey (just stopped taking it) or did you taper?  If you tapered, how fast?  

What you are experiencing is real and very common when people stop taking an antidepressant too fast.  Doctors do not believe withdrawal exists.  Emotional numbness and depersonalization are a very common withdrawal symptoms.  Doctors frequently misdiagnose withdrawal as mental illness and try to treat it with more drugs, then more drugs.

I'm sorry your family doesn't believe you.  So that you have a better idea of what you're experiencing here is some information on withdrawal.

When we take psychiatric medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.  

Brain Remodelling 

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Please be careful with the rivotril. You can become physically dependent on benzodiazepines like rivotril after 2 to 4 weeks of regular use and also with intermittent use.  Once you are dependent you no longer receive any benefit from the drug and are taking it only to stave off withdrawal.

Yes, you will heal.  Unfortunately, we can't predict how long it will take.  We don't recommend taking more drugs to deal with withdrawal.  We recommend letting the body heal itself from the effects of these drugs.

This is your Introduction topic, where you can ask questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Thanks for your reply. sorry I said wrong. Pristiq is 12.5mg(1/4).Before this dose is 25mg (half). I had on 12.5mg (1/4) for around two months. My doctor told me the dose is already safe. But I still have withdrawal symptoms.... Now I am taking Pristiq(50mg) back eight weeks at morning . Added zoloft 50mg at night for four weeks. Rivotril 1mg at night for eight weeks. Since last month 28th He told me to eat rivotril at morning twice a day, the dose is 1/8 twice a day. Still feeling like detach to the world. I hope I can get well faster.... I go to gym everyday. It disturbing my training.

It is so horrible. After came off it until now. I seem to be cannot experiencing anything. I don't have feelings about my memory......I know how fast can I recover it base on my brain. I am 18 years old. I need to go for work. I am so scare that I will develop Intellectual disability. 😭

On 5/22/2020 at 9:44 PM, Gridley said:

Brain Remodelling 

I will meet him next month 27th,If I still have depersonalization, I won't tell him. But what should I talk with him... 

• Moderator Emeritus
19 minutes ago, Mikefeelworst said:

But what should I talk with him... 

The doctor keeps adding drugs and increasing dosages, and that's outside our scope.  We're here to help members taper off their drugs and deal with withdrawal.  Do you want to taper off the drugs or would you prefer to stay on them?  That's really your decision.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Suffering depersonalization after Pristiq withdrawal

I had been on Pristiq for a year I came off my last dose 12.5mg(1/4) pristiq.My doctor told me it was safe.Because I took it for two months. But I still starting develop depersonalization. Two weeks later, I know that I need to take it again. I called my doctor and he told me starting again from 50mg pristiq.I already took them for eight weeks. And my doctor added zoloft from 25mg to 50 mg around one week since last month 28th. My mind is blank and emotion is numb. Don't care about anything.I am just 18 years old. Now I Living like a zombie. Even I go to the gym every day. I don't know how many time it need to take to recover. Doctor don't believe me. Even my family. They think that I am thinking too much... I am really scare that I will develop Intellectual disability. I can't take care myself in the future. I need to pretend that I am fine front of them. I don't know How much time I have left. I am ready for develop to Intellectual disability. 

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

20 minutes ago, Gridley said:

The doctor keeps adding drugs and increasing dosages, and that's outside our scope.  We're here to help members taper off their drugs and deal with withdrawal.  Do you want to taper off the drugs or would you prefer to stay on them?  That's really your decision.

Now, if I stay. I don't know the problem can it be solve. But if I tapper them off now. I scare that it will horror than before? He just gave me three meds. Pristiq, zoloft and rivotril. I am really scare that I will develop Intellectual disability. If I tapping them off. My family will reproach me don't listen to the doctor.......I don't know if I stay. It will become more worse or recover from depersonalization... 

• ChessieCat changed the title to Mikefeelworst: Need help. I am so scared.
  • Moderator Emeritus

I've moved your post to your Introduction topic.  This keeps all your information in one place.

I've asked the other mods for their assistance.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

I don't want to live like this anymore. My brain is messed up. I don't know is that the med's side effect.I seem to be lost my soul. Now I am regret that I am back on them, my doctor increasing the dosages back to one year ago. I am so scare that I will develop Intellectual disability. I am just 18 years old. I think I shouldn't take them again. I make a wrong decision. But depersonalization and brain messed up still here even I took them back. No one believes me and listen me. So I come here. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Please don't make any changes until the other mods have responded.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm in Australia.  Most of the other moderators are in the USA so there is a difference in the time when they are here.

So that they have the information, please post and tell us what drugs and the dose you are currently taking and when you started taking them.  We also need to know what drugs you used to take.

For each drug you can write them in a list like this:

Drug name:  date started, dose; date of dose change, dose; date of dose change, dose

If you can provide this information now it will be ready for them when they log in.  Thank you.

I ate (pristiq,zoloft, lorazepam and rivotril) one year ago. Zoloft,rivotril and lorazepam only used at the first of the treatment. I don't remember the time and how long I took them.I think they don't relate to my current condition. I stopped my pristiq 12.5mg 1/4 on March 18th.I had been on it around two months before I stopped. But I still getting worse after came off it. I become a zombie. And my brain can't use. I think that I am suffering depersonalization. I feel weird after came off it. So I called my doctor on April 1st. Then I starting my treatment again. The following is my current meds information since April 1st.

Pristiq :  date started at 2020 April 1st 50mg at morning till now. 

Rivotril :  date started at 2020 April 1st 0.25 mg till now at night ; 2020 April 28th added 0.0625mg twice a day at morning till now

Zoloft :  date started at 2020 April 28th 25mg; increased the dose to 50mg at 2020 May 5th till now(night) 

Lorazepam :  date started 2020 May 28th dose 1.25mg ; decrease to 0.625mg at 2020 May 20th till now(night) 

• Mentor

Hello, M. I’m not a moderator, just someone who was on Pristiq for a bit. When I saw your dr prescribed BOTH Pristiq and Zoloft together, I cringed. That is very dangerous. I plugged your info into the drug interaction checker on drugs.com, and here are the results. No wonder you are feeling poorly.

Note there is a MAJOR interaction between Pristiq and Zoloft, and additional interactions between the remainder of your meds.

https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=2796-12488,2057-1348,703-0,1488-0

1988-1996  Various AD’s, all classifications.  1996-2019  Effexor XR 37.5mg to 150mg. Jan 2017 onward, 37.5 mg.

2019  Apr 11 - July 24: Trials of Latuda then Rexulti. CT'd off per dr.  Jul 24: CT Effexor (per dr)  Sep 9-19: Viibryd, CT (per dr).  Sep 23-27: Trintellix. CT (per dr).  Sep 28 - Oct 24:  Prozac 10mg.  Oct 24:  Stop Prozac, began Pristiq 25mg->50->25mg.

2020  Feb 1: CT Pristiq. Feb 1: Reinstated Effexor XR (10 large beads) gradually increasing to 22 beads (15L+7M) or 9.072mgai on Mar, 2020.

2021  Started Jan w 21 beads (13L+8M) or 8.47mgai ended Dec: 17 beads (7L+9M+1S) or 6.19mgai. Severe COVID + TIA.

2022  Ended yr w 14 beads (3L+5M+5S+1XS) or 4.5mgai. Major jaw injury during year + family tragedy.

2023  Jan: 13 beads (2L+5M+5S+1XS) or 4.2mgai; Feb: 12 beads (2L+4M+5S+1XS) or 3.9mgai; Mar: 11 beads (2L+4M+4S+1XS) or 3.6mgai, Apr: 10 beads (2L+3M+4S+1XS) or 3.3mgai; Jun: 9 beads (2L+3M+3S+1XS) or 3mgai,

Current: July, 2023: Effexor XR -  9 beads (2L+3M+3S+1XS) or 2.7 mgai

Other current meds: Ambien 10mg 3.935mg , clonazepam .125mg .107mg, omeprazoleSynthroid, Premarin.  Supplements: D3, C, probiotic, K2-MK7, Mg Glycinate

• Moderator Emeritus

@FindRest  Thank you for doing the drug interaction check.

6 hours ago, Mikefeelworst said:

Rivotril :  date started at 2020 April 1st 0.25 mg till now at night ; 2020 April 28th added 0.0625mg twice a day at morning till now

Zoloft :  date started at 2020 April 28th 25mg; increased the dose to 50mg at 2020 May 5th till now(night) 

Lorazepam :  date started 2020 May 28th dose 1.25mg ; decrease to 0.625mg at 2020 May 20th till now(night) 

Are you currently taking all four of these drugs (Pristiq, Rivotril, Zoloft and Lorazepam)?

• Administrator

Welcome, Mike.

Your doctor should not prescribe Pristiq with Zoloft. As you've been taking 50mg Zoloft only since May 5, if I were you, I'd cut it down to 25mg right away. Please let us know how you're doing.

The other drugs are also unnecessary. I would not see this doctor again.

When you have withdrawal from Pristiq, you can reduce it by taking a little of Pristiq's sibling, Effexor XR, which comes in capsules filled with little beads. A potential plan is: Gradually go off the Zoloft, reduce Pristiq to 25mg, gradually go off Pristiq, substitute low dose Effexor XR, stabilize, taper off by counting beads.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Welcome, Mike.

Your doctor should not prescribe Pristiq with Zoloft. As you've been taking 50mg Zoloft only since May 5, if I were you, I'd cut it down to 25mg right away. Please let us know how you're doing.

The other drugs are also unnecessary. I would not see this doctor again.

When you have withdrawal from Pristiq, you can reduce it by taking a little of Pristiq's sibling, Effexor XR, which comes in capsules filled with little beads. A potential plan is: Gradually go off the Zoloft, reduce Pristiq to 25mg, gradually go off Pristiq, substitute low dose Effexor XR, stabilize, taper off by counting beads.

I think my brain is messed up.I agree with you the other drugs are unnecessary. Lorazepam and rivotril also can make my brain worse.The doctor told me to stop lorazepam on June 2nd. I am really scare I will develop Intellectual disability. You said that zoloft and pristiq should not prescribe together. I google it, They may cause serotonin syndrome. I think my brain is messed up it is because of those two meds. Zoloft at night and pristiq at morning. Is it safe?... I think I am not relapse.... This doctor think that I am thinking too much. My family believe him....

• Administrator

Change only one drug at a time. I would cut Zoloft down to 25mg right away. Please let us know how you're doing.

Is the lorazepam helping? When did you start lorazepam? How often have you been taking it? This does not appear to be correct for lorazepam:

10 hours ago, Mikefeelworst said:

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

9 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Change only one drug at a time. I would cut Zoloft down to 25mg right away. Please let us know how you're doing.

Is the lorazepam helping? When did you start lorazepam? How often have you been taking it? This does not appear to be correct for lorazepam:

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this

Lorazepam :  date started 2020 May 28th dose 1.25mg ; decrease to 0.625mg at 2020 May 20th.It help me to sleep well. Taking before sleep. I have took it 31 days. 

I just feel mind blank now hope I will not develop Intellectual disability 

I don't know am II experiencing serotonin syndrome. My brain can't use and think. I am so scare I will develop Intellectual disability. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Mike,

I can understand that you are feeling scared and worried at this time.  You are also feeling unwell because of the drug cocktail that the doctor has put you on.

When things like this happen to us, it can be very hard to know who to listen to and what to do.

Altostrata, who suggested that you immediately reduce your Zoloft dose down to 25mg, is the owner of this website.  The site was started back in 2011.  She has a lot of experience helping people to reduce and/or get off their psychiatric drug/s.

Here is the link to her story.  In Post #1 there is a link to a video she made which I suggest watch.  It will give you some background about the person who is making the suggestion to reduce your drug:  about-altostrata-withdrawal-syndrome-since-2004

Edited by ChessieCat

• Administrator

Mike, you must have started lorazepam in April. Today is May 28.

You are feeling the effect of the bunch of drugs you're taking. This should decrease as you decrease the dosage.

What is your daily drug schedule, with dosages?

59 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Hi Mike,

I can understand that you are feeling scared and worried at this time.  You are also feeling unwell because of the drug cocktail that the doctor has put you on.

When things like this happen to us, it can be very hard to know who to listen to and what to do.

Altostrata, who suggested that you immediately reduce your Zoloft dose down to 25mg, is the owner of this website.  The site was started back in 2011.  She has a lot of experience helping people to reduce and/or get off their psychiatric drug/s.

Here is the link to her story.  In Post #1 there is a link to a video she made which I suggest watch.  It will give you some background about the person who is making the suggestion to reduce your drug:  about-altostrata-withdrawal-syndrome-since-2004

I feel hard to live. Those meds makes me not feel like myself. Is it Common? My family don't believe me so I give up to talk  with them. I am quite front of them. They think I am get better..... Apart from this, You know what is happening in my place. Finding job is hard..... 

29 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

You are feeling the effect of the bunch of drugs you're taking. This should decrease as you decrease the dosage.

Wrong said, I started lorazepam at April 28th,And decreased at May 20th. Doctor told me to stop at June 2nd

• Moderator Emeritus
11 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Mike, we are trying to help you.  Please answer Alto's question about your drugs.

Please list the time you take each drug and the dose you take at that time.

Thank you.

Edited by ChessieCat

33 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Pristiq :  Morning 50mg

Rivotril :  1/8 mg twice a day every six hours, half of it before sleep

Zoloft :  50mg before sleep 

Lorazepam :  1/4 before sleep

Someone here, I feel very bad, I don't want to be intellectual disability. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Once you start to reduce the amount of drugs you are taking you will start to feel a bit better.  However, it is going to take a little while before that happens.

It is important that you don't reduce the drugs too quickly because it can make things worse.

If you reduce the Zoloft to 25mg like Alto has suggested then in a few days you might not feel as bad as you do now.

It is going to take time and you will need to be patient.  There is no magic cure.  It has to be done slowly so that your brain can adapt to not getting as much of the drugs.

1 hour ago, ChessieCat said:

Once you start to reduce the amount of drugs you are taking you will start to feel a bit better.  However, it is going to take a little while before that happens.

It is important that you don't reduce the drugs too quickly because it can make things worse.

If you reduce the Zoloft to 25mg like Alto has suggested then in a few days you might not feel as bad as you do now.

It is going to take time and you will need to be patient.  There is no magic cure.  It has to be done slowly so that your brain can adapt to not getting as much of the drugs.

I think my doctor is doing wrong. I came off my pristiq two weeks. Why the hell he add more meds and pristiq back to 50....Now I am lost emotion reaction. Someone same as me here? It is a common side effect? Because my doctor don't believe me... 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Mikefeelworst said:

Someone here, I feel very bad, I don't want to be intellectual disability. 

Mike, you're repeating this comment again and again, but there's no truth to it. You're having a lot of side effects of your current drugs. This is not an intellectual disability. 

Please learn to "change the channel" when these thoughts come up:

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

People do heal from this. Please see:

Success stories: Recovery from withdrawal

3 hours ago, Mikefeelworst said:

Pristiq :  Morning 50mg

Rivotril :  1/8 mg twice a day every six hours, half of it before sleep

Zoloft :  50mg before sleep 

Lorazepam :  1/4 before sleep

How many milligrams is 1/4 lorazepam? What size are your lorazepam tablets? 

What size are your Rivotril tablets? 

2.5mg lorazepam

4 minutes ago, Shep said:

Mike, you're repeating this comment again and again, but there's no truth to it. You're having a lot of side effects of your current drugs. This is not an intellectual disability. 

Please learn to "change the channel" when these thoughts come up:

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

People do heal from this. Please see:

Success stories: Recovery from withdrawal

How many milligrams is 1/4 lorazepam? What size are your lorazepam tablets? 

What size are your Rivotril tablets? 

2.5mg size lorazepam

0.5mg size Rivotril

• Moderator Emeritus
1 minute ago, Mikefeelworst said:

2.5mg size lorazepam

0.5mg size Rivotril

Thanks, Mike.

I've created a signature for you. Please see the items beneath your posts and let me know if this is correct. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Shep has posted her success story.  She's now drug free after 30 years of neuroleptics, benzos, z-drugs, so-called "anti"-depressants, and amphetamines.

This is the link to her success story:  Shep's Success: "Leaving Plato's Cave"