Biloelagirl89: reinstated mirtazapine / Remeron

Biloelagirl89

Titled:  Positive Akathisia Stories

I was out on abilify 10mg 5 months ago and developed severe akathisia on the 6th day. I than took mirtazapine to treat the akathisia. I than stopped the mirtazapine once the akathisia stopped. But than developed severe withdrawals and the akathisia came back. I am now experiencing windows and dreamt last night, so hopefully that's a good sign. I'm so scared that when this withdrawals go I'm gonna have lingering akathisa still. Please tell me your success stories of paradoxical akathisia meaning drug induced and withdrawal akathisia whether it's from the same drug or not I don't care, I just want to know if this akathisia is not gonna linger on for ages. So please tell me your positive experiences. Thank you xxx

Edited by manymoretodays
merged Intros, added title

-17th August started abilify 10mg 2020 to 24th of August 2020.

-Stopped abilify 10mg 7 days after taking it, as I developed induced akathisia on day 4.

-21st of August 2020 started self medicating 30mg morning and night mirtazapine to help subside the akathisa. 

- 28th of August 2020 stopped mirtazapine 30 mg morning and night cold Turkey.

-28th of August took       -Clonidine 50 mc morning and night.

-Reinstated Mirtazapine 4th of October 15mg.

-

Hi, 

I am sorry to hear about your suffering. I think it is a good idea for people to define what kind of akathisia they had. I didn’t realize in the begging but after quitting Zoloft (just few weeks on a very low dose) I developed (among other horrific symptoms) a type of akathisia..like inner restlessness triggered by unreasonable inner terror/tremor/fear. I had the need of constantly doing smg to escape from myself and fear. I don’t think it was the classic form of akathisia, but had aspects of it, and it wasn’t my main and most severe symptom but I am happy to tell you that it almost completely subsided after 2&1/2 months OFF the Zoloft poison. It ll go away for u as well. How is your akathisia manifesting? 

Aug. 16-17, 2020, cipralex: went CRAZY! Recovered in 24hrs

Aug.28,2020; 3.5 weeks 25mg sertraline/4.5 weeks taper

Oct. 25: Last dose (4mg)

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

- sleep & appetite are fine

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Bilo, @Biloelagirl89

Just one Introduction topic per member.  So, I moved your recent post here, to your main topic.

Also wondering how you are doing?  Could you update us, right here?

Where are you at with your present drug or drug(s)?  And do go in and update your signature if you need to.  Thank you.

And yes, describe your symptoms that you are worried about.....that is often best.

And then if you want to check to see if a similar post has been made, in The Symptoms and Self Care Forum, or in another forum here, you can do a search from your main browser, off site, type in survivingantidepressants.org and then your topic of interest.  You could say "recovery from akathisia" for your search topic.

You could post a new topic, in the other forums, if you don't find anything.

Our main topic in symptoms and self care:  Akathisia vs restlessness, anxiety, agitation

There is some non-drug coping in the first post there too

11 hours ago, Biloelagirl89 said:

I'm so scared that when this withdrawals go I'm gonna have lingering akathisa still. Please tell me your success stories of paradoxical akathisia meaning drug induced and withdrawal akathisia whether it's from the same drug or not I don't care, I just want to know if this akathisia is not gonna linger on for ages. So please tell me your positive experiences. Thank you xxx

I had some really wild inner agitation for a little while, once pulled off my Lexapro.  I had to pace, clutch pillows, bundle up like a mummy at times, and just breathe.  Sometimes just repeating a calming phrase or reading it over and over helped.......or having someone read a bit to me, from a favorite meditative/spiritual book that I was working on at that time.

It passed.  After an off and on occurrence, mostly at night or early morning......for several months.

Best, and good to see you back.  Oh do go to Finding Meaning(another forum, here, that you can find from the Home Page, or main page) or to Success Stories, and please don't dwell on worst outcomes for yourself now......that never helps, only hinders.  Sending hope, healing, and all that good stuff now.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

I'm still not doing good at all after 5 months. The akathisia is still draining me and I feel like reinstating just to get some relief even though I know this probably wouldnt help. When should I start feeling better? Does akathisia go once the withdrawals subside? Does anyone have tips to help with sleep as I'm really struggling to relax.

-Stopped abilify 10mg 7 days after taking it, as I developed induced akathisia on day 4.

-21st of August 2020 started self medicating 30mg morning and night mirtazapine to help subside the akathisa. 

-

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Biloelagirl89

I have Seen you wrote in my Thread. So i read a little bit In your Thread Not all because i am Not able to do that.

Do you still take 15mg mirtazapin?

From all what i know meanwhile you had a bad reaction From abilify. So your nervous System got shocked. 

It is unlikekly that it Works to Cover this with other drugs in your case mirtazapin.  The system has to heal and settle down by his own 

An on the other side mirtazapin calms in low Dosis, in higher Dose like 15mg it is pushing. So i think it will not help, and you have to reduce slow to feel better 

Maybe Moderators can say more 

I am sorry you have to endure sleep problems and akhathisia these are the worst feeling i can Imagine and i everer Felt in Life 

Greetings 

Arti 

Paroxetin  2003-2018 20mg, 4 Month fast tapper reinstate Jan2019 many updoses to 10mg again fast tapper quit at   1,5mg last last Dose May 2020

Trimipramin April 2019 10mg to 25mg 4 weeks last Dose April 2019

Dominal April 2019 - February 2021 40mg to 60mg fast tapper and ct at 23mg last Dose February 2021

Ativan May 2020 6 times 0,5mg irregular last Dose May 2020  

Diazepam june 10 times 5mg irregular thougt i got depency and decide to take a small Dose every day, july 2020      0,14mg tappering  every few weeks 

16th January 2022  Zero

• Moderator Emeritus

On 1/24/2021 at 1:44 AM, Biloelagirl89 said:

I'm still not doing good at all after 5 months. The akathisia is still draining me and I feel like reinstating just to get some relief even though I know this probably wouldnt help. When should I start feeling better? Does akathisia go once the withdrawals subside? Does anyone have tips to help with sleep as I'm really struggling to relax.

Hi Bgirl,

Aren't you still on the 15 mg of Mirtazapine?

And oh man, so sorry.  When you state akathisia.......what is it like?  Can you describe it?

Is it non-stop all day?  So hoping that you are finding momentary Windows, even within a day.  And I hope you do start to feel some stability very soon.

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

and I like this depiction, as far as what to expect:

Withdrawal normal

and this may help ^, as far as understanding WD normal or WD stability

What do your days look like now, in terms of when you take your medication(s), and how the symptoms occur throughout the day.  Are there patterns that you notice yet, or a sameness to the pattern of symptoms?

Akathisia, vs restlessness, anxiety, agitation

and I did see some weighted blankets at Wallmart for just $15.00, you can also do online ordering, with delivery there too!

Tips to help sleep: so many of us have that awful withdrawal insomnia

And oh Bgirl, sending healing.......and a series of good days to come for you now!

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

How are you doing? Sending love from a fellow sufferer.     

May 2018:  1 dropper liquid marajuana

june 2018. Trazadone ambien 10 mg

july 2018 seroquel 37 mg ambien 2.5mg lex 5

October 2018 taper seroquel added hydroxizine 25 mg

nov ambien taper lex taper 

dec 2018 off of lex off of phenibut

October 2018- added a lot of supplements.  night: 3mg melatonin Passion flower tincture valerian tincture lavender magnesium glycinate liquid gaba herbal blend Theanine 450 mg tryptophan 1.5 grams 

May 2019. Down to the following at night 

4-6 mg hydroxizine. 250 mg tryptophan (1/2 pill).75 mg melatonin pill .75 herbal blend pill magnesium citrate 

Feb 2020:Off all supplements and pills.

On 2/6/2021 at 12:40 PM, Goosie said:

How are you doing? Sending love from a fellow sufferer.     

Not good, withdrawals have subsided but have lingering akathisa. 

-

12 minutes ago, Biloelagirl89 said:

Not good, withdrawals have subsided but have lingering akathisa. 

And u ? ❤

-

I am Struggling.   I’m glad your withdrawal is better though! Is your scathed is just motion or does it come with anxiety?

May 2018:  1 dropper liquid marajuana

june 2018. Trazadone ambien 10 mg

july 2018 seroquel 37 mg ambien 2.5mg lex 5

October 2018 taper seroquel added hydroxizine 25 mg

nov ambien taper lex taper 

dec 2018 off of lex off of phenibut

October 2018- added a lot of supplements.  night: 3mg melatonin Passion flower tincture valerian tincture lavender magnesium glycinate liquid gaba herbal blend Theanine 450 mg tryptophan 1.5 grams 

May 2019. Down to the following at night 

4-6 mg hydroxizine. 250 mg tryptophan (1/2 pill).75 mg melatonin pill .75 herbal blend pill magnesium citrate 

Feb 2020:Off all supplements and pills.

On 2/5/2021 at 10:27 PM, Arti said:

Hello @Biloelagirl89

I have Seen you wrote in my Thread. So i read a little bit In your Thread Not all because i am Not able to do that.

Do you still take 15mg mirtazapin?

From all what i know meanwhile you had a bad reaction From abilify. So your nervous System got shocked. 

It is unlikekly that it Works to Cover this with other drugs in your case mirtazapin.  The system has to heal and settle down by his own 

An on the other side mirtazapin calms in low Dosis, in higher Dose like 15mg it is pushing. So i think it will not help, and you have to reduce slow to feel better 

Maybe Moderators can say more 

I am sorry you have to endure sleep problems and akhathisia these are the worst feeling i can Imagine and i everer Felt in Life 

Greetings 

Arti 

I quit ct not thinking a week would give me withdrawals but they did. I now have tardive akathisa 

-

On 2/11/2021 at 3:32 PM, Goosie said:

I am Struggling.   I’m glad your withdrawal is better though! Is your scathed is just motion or does it come with anxiety?

I'm scared yes and it full blood akathisia 

-

• 5 months later...
  • Administrator

Hello, @Biloelagirl89, how are you doing?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 7 months later...

@Biloelagirl89

Hi! How are you doing now? Is your akathisia better?

June-July -21 Zyprexa 2.5-7.5 mg 

July -21 Mianserin 20 mg four days

July-Aug -21 Valium 30 mg a day, tapred, return of symptoms 

Aug-Oct -21 Oxazepam Tapred from 10 mg x 3 to zero

Dec-Jan -21/22 On and off mirtazapine 15 mg. Kindling reaction?

March 8.-19. - Zopiclone 7.5 mg to combat insomnia 

March 20 - 5 mg valium because of akathisia and panic 

April 3. - 5 mg x 2