SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Brainobrain2: Help surviving after ad escitalopram

Brainobrain2

Hi, as first I am no 6 months off of escitalopram. But must say it is very hard. I was on it for 4 years until January 2020 when I was on 10mg for about 1 year. Suddenly became extrasistoles and decided to increase with the Dr to 5mg.but it was not good. I filled worst mentally as on 10,but gone until may 2020 and dropped to 2,5mg for an week, when gone off. I couldn't hold it with extrasistoles. Since then have no medical taken, not even diasepam. Today, almost 7 months off of escitalopram I would say heart rate is normal(60,65),blood pressure 120/80 most of time, but my body is burning. Inside tremor, not visible. Changing the weather maks me very filing like I am dying. So is there any suggestions hiw to get over this period. Hiw long will this going. I mean it must be some point where everything will stop. 

My problem was gen anxiety. No depression. Only panic attacks. 

Thanks

Edited by manymoretodays
name added to title, moved from Success stories
  • manymoretodays changed the title to Brainobrain2: Help surviving after ad escitalopram
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hello Brainobrain2, 

and welcome to SA.

This site is run entirely by volunteer Administrators and Moderators, all have been through or going through withdrawal.

There are no commercial interests or influences  involved .

I am sorry you are having such a rough time.

On 1/7/2021 at 8:09 PM, Brainobrain2 said:

Today, almost 7 months off of escitalopram I would say heart rate is normal(60,65),blood pressure 120/80 most of time

I'm glad to read that you've seen these improvments.

but my body is burning. Inside tremor, not visible.

These are common Witdrawal symptoms : it may takes time but things does get better.

This might help you to understand what is happening 

When we take psychiatric medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.  

These explain the healing process really well :

Hiw long will this going. I mean it must be some point where everything will stop. 

Yes people tend to get better and to heal, you might find comfort in our Success Stories

success-stories-recovery-from-withdrawal

This thread might also help you understand the healing process

are-we-there-yet-how-long-is-withdrawal-going-to-take

So is there any suggestions hiw to get over this period.

SA only recommands two supplements to help the CNS in his healing functions : if you do give it a try, please try one at a time and at a low dose to see how it affects you.

magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker

king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil

--> I know we are asking you a lot while unwell, but to help us give you the most accurate advice we can, and to see all your drug history at a glance, could you please create a signature ?

Please include drugs, doses, dates, discontinuations, reinstatements. Also include supplements.

Again, welcome.

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Administrator

Welcome, @Brainobrain2

It sounds like you have protracted withdrawal from going off escitalopram, which is known to cause cardiac issues.

On 1/7/2021 at 11:09 AM, Brainobrain2 said:

Today, almost 7 months off of escitalopram I would say heart rate is normal(60,65),blood pressure 120/80 most of time, but my body is burning. Inside tremor, not visible.

How have your symptoms changed over the last 7 months?

Many people find fish oil and magnesium supplements helpful, see
https://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/36-king-of-supplements-omega-3-fatty-acids-fish-oil/
https://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15483-magnesium-natures-calcium-channel-blocker/

You might try a little bit of one at a time to see how it affects you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 3 weeks later...

Titled:  6 months off escitalopram

Well hier am I, 6 months off of lexapro. I survived until now. One think I am not sure is, after 6 months I am (in waves dayli,) still have some how depressed feeling. Thoughs are not clear, changing the weather makes me lots priblems(fear, dizziness unusual which brings the anxiety i higher level). But what I fear is I never been like this. In my full power panic attacks had good mood. Now my mood is terrible. Can this led me in depression (been yesterday at Dr, he sad no signs of it.) which is true, have no problems with standing up mornings, no prob at work. But the mood is big problem. And that's all happening  just about new year time(so after 3,4 months after going off). Lost interest on lot of things, especially photography which was my best hobby. Now I haven't taken the camera for 6 months. The first 3,4 months had those brain zips, crying, no ideas,my body was burning especially after 5 pm every day. Now it's seem like that burning is gone, but the mood is biggest problem. I don't know if I can make it. The heat is good, 62,65,70 rate, blood pressure 120/80, so there is no relapse. Have no attacks any more. Have particularly fear of going again on the drug, fear of life about my kids (16 and 13).i always was worrior. Now. Is it possible an feeling that started 4,5 months after going off. 

I don't know, until next time. 

Edited by manymoretodays
merged, title added

Hi there, just wanted to ask when off of lexapro for 6 months, is it normal to steel have anx, fear of memory's from all bad stuff happens in past, fear of going again on ad, which brings slightly tha anx. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Brainobrain2, and welcome, @Brainobrain2

I found a couple of your posts and then moved them back here, to your main Introduction topic.  And this is a good place for you to post any questions too.  Right here in your Introduction topic.  This way your information is all together in one place, and it helps keep things in context.

And then:  Please summarize your withdrawal history in your signature

Just go to ^ link, and it explains about this, what we like to see, and then there is a link there that will take you to where to do your signature

And don't forget to hit the Save button when you are done.

9 hours ago, Brainobrain2 said:

One think I am not sure is, after 6 months I am (in waves dayli,) still have some how depressed feeling. Thoughs are not clear, changing the weather makes me lots priblems(fear, dizziness unusual which brings the anxiety i higher level). But what I fear is I never been like this. In my full power panic attacks had good mood. Now my mood is terrible. Can this led me in depression (been yesterday at Dr, he sad no signs of it.) which is true, have no problems with standing up mornings, no prob at work. But the mood is big problem. And that's all happening  just about new year time(so after 3,4 months after going off). Lost interest on lot of things, especially photography which was my best hobby. Now I haven't taken the camera for 6 months. The first 3,4 months had those brain zips, crying, no ideas,my body was burning especially after 5 pm every day. Now it's seem like that burning is gone, but the mood is biggest problem. I don't know if I can make it. The heat is good, 62,65,70 rate, blood pressure 120/80, so there is no relapse. Have no attacks any more. Have particularly fear of going again on the drug, fear of life about my kids (16 and 13).i always was worrior. Now. Is it possible an feeling that started 4,5 months after going off. 

2 hours ago, Brainobrain2 said:

is it normal to steel have anx, fear of memory's from all bad stuff happens in past, fear of going again on ad, which brings slightly tha anx. 

And oh Brainobrain, yes, it is or can be pretty normal in WD(withdrawal) to feel all these things.  On the positive, it sounds like you are doing really well......with going to work, no dizziness, etc.

We often call the mood stuff:  Neuroemotions

And yes, they can be extreme, yet not really reflective of what your normal state will be, once recovered or healed a bit more from the drug(s).

And so glad your heart is doing well.

And a couple other topics you might relate to:

Apathy, Anhedonia......

Health anxiety, hypochondria, and obsession with symptoms

this one ^, may speak to the worry thoughts that you mention

And then we do advocate a lot for non-drug coping here.  So many things you can do, to help:

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

there is a whole indexed list in the first post ^, or various practices or things you might try

And best, Brainobrain2.  Do please take a look at the signature link, up above, and give that a try too.  That way we have an idea of your history, wherever you post on the site.  The signature is the section that you'll see under other members posts.

Thank you.  And Best.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

manymoretodays(mmt)

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am now 6 months off of lexapro. What I have seen in the last 25 days is I got insomnia, my hearth goes up to 80,85 in the mornings and maybe last all day. If I sit down goes to 75.sleeping goes to 55-60.i list 6 kg in thus period. Still have body Tremors, have some strange smell which makes me panic. Have clear mind, mood is still problem. I am so afraid of going back to ssri. Can somebody tell something about those things. And maybe what to exercise as a plan, what kind of exercise. 

Edited by Gridley
  • Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, Brainobrain2.

To give members the best information, we ask them to summarize their medication history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly.  Please be sure sure include your original dose of Lexapro, how fast you stopped it (did you taper it it or stop cold turkey?) and how soon did you notice symptoms. Use this link:

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

We recommend tapering no faster than 10% of your current dose every four weeks.  Going faster puts you at risk of withdrawal symptoms.  Withdrawal symptoms will vary from person to person and sometimes they can be delayed. Body tremors, insomnia, smell issues and mood issues are typical in antidepressant withdrawal.  Heart and heart rate issues are also common in withdrawal.  

Irregular heartbeats, palpitations, tachycardia, bradycardia ...

We aren't doctors and can't diagnose your heart issues.  If you are concerned, you should consult a doctor.

Regarding going back on an SSRI, we are a site for going off psychiatric drugs and are here to provide you with information.  The decision of whether to go back on an SSRI would have to be your own.

So that you have a better understanding of withdrawal and the healing process, here are some helpful links. 

When we take psychiatric medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.  

These explain the healing process really well.

Regarding exercise, we recommend gentle exercise, as strenuous exercise can put extra stress on an already sensitized system.  A 30-minute walk in nature (if possible) would be good.  We recommend avoiding caffeine, alcohol and foods with monosodium glutamate (MSG), which is contained in many processed foods.  Sugar can be very activating (stimulating) and is best avoided as much as possible.  You will heal but unfortunately it's not possible to predict how long it will take.  Withdrawal symptoms at 6 months are common. The brain has a remarkable ability to heal itself, known as neroplasticity, and you will recover from the Lexapro.  As far as a general plan, I'd recommend you take good care of your health and be gentle with yourself.

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems. Get supplements that ae single ingredient (not mixed with other types of supplements).

This is your Introduction topic, where you can complete your drug signature, questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Gridley changed the title to Brainobrain2: 6 months off of lexapro
  • Mentor

How long were you on it?

- Escitalopram 10mg from ages 15 - 21

- Severe crash after 4 month taper to 0

- Reinstated, stabilized, slowly tapering.

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it." - Hellen Keller

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

@Brainobrain2 

We are in a very similar situation. I stopped Lexapro in August 2020 too. I was on it for 3 yrs. 

My physical symptoms are mostly gone, still dealing with the anxiety.

Welcome to SA.

p.s. We are neighbours👋🏻

July 19th 2017—July 2018: 10 mg Escitalopram

August 2018— June 2020: 5 mg Escitalopram

Tapering started: June 2020—1st of August. Lowest dose was 5 mg (5 mg every second day for a couple of weeks, then 5 mg twice a week for a couple of weeks, and lastly 5 mg once a week until I stopped)

Drug free: August 1st, 2020

Supplements: Magnesium citrate 2x200 mg and Omega3 – 2x1000 mg.

what kind of physical symptoms did you have until now.i have now anx.sweating nights,insomnia,cant sleep.maybe cup of hours of night.have fear to go again on antidepressants. 

@Brainobrain2

You can read about my journey and symptoms here

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/23475-kingfisher86-i-think-i-tapered-off-lexapro-too-fast-almost-9-weeks-ago/

But I had typical withdrawal symptoms: nausea, brain zaps, adrenaline spikes in the mornings, uncomfortable vibrations through the whole body, feeling of being electrocuted, restlessness, headache, anhedonia, body aches, insomnia...

6 months off is big accomplishment. Did you notice even little improvements during that time?

I went off Lexapro very fast, in two months time, so that made things harder for me.

How long did it take for you to go off Lexapro?

Moderator Gridley gave you some great links to read, if you didn’t already.

The more I learned about healing proccess, the easier got for me to deal with painful symptoms.

How is your diet? Great that you have interest in exercising👌🏼

Tapering started: June 2020—1st of August. Lowest dose was 5 mg (5 mg every second day for a couple of weeks, then 5 mg twice a week for a couple of weeks, and lastly 5 mg once a week until I stopped)

12 hours ago, Kingfisher86 said:

@Brainobrain2

You can read about my journey and symptoms here

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/23475-kingfisher86-i-think-i-tapered-off-lexapro-too-fast-almost-9-weeks-ago/

But I had typical withdrawal symptoms: nausea, brain zaps, adrenaline spikes in the mornings, uncomfortable vibrations through the whole body, feeling of being electrocuted, restlessness, headache, anhedonia, body aches, insomnia...

6 months off is big accomplishment. Did you notice even little improvements during that time?

I went off Lexapro very fast, in two months time, so that made things harder for me.

How long did it take for you to go off Lexapro?

Moderator Gridley gave you some great links to read, if you didn’t already.

The more I learned about healing proccess, the easier got for me to deal with painful symptoms.

How is your diet? Great that you have interest in exercising👌🏼

HI, I am from Skopje, as info. OK I went down from 10 to 5mg in February 2020 and stayed until mid of July. Then went 2,5 for 12 days and that was it. In the beginning was fine, but I must say all your symptoms, I had them little later. Brain zips was fine and gone very fast. Anhedonia, brain fog, depresed was in end of December begging January. Went very fast, maybe 15 days. And then baaaam. Insomnia last 20 days, sweating during the night, adrenalin all day, I lost 6 kg in those 20 days. I do have apetit, eat everything. Blood test is OK. But I can't sleep. I have clear mind, mood up, down. But the only thing is losing kg, why I don't know, and insomnia. If I put them on the side, then will be better. A, and shaking body, strange sensations by weather changes. 

Hi Skoplje!

You did go pretty fast. You went from 10mg to 5mg in one month. Luckly you holded for a few month at 5mg. I did the same jump from 10-5 mg but I holded 5 mg for two years. I was lazy to get of Lexapro. I did not know the concequences.

Then jump from 5-2.5 mg in 12 days. These jumps are the reasons why we feel withdrawal symptoms☹️ Brain and nervous system did not have time to adjust working without drugs.

And on the side did you know that Lexapro is a very strong (potent) drug even though it is “just” 5 mg. I did know this and was very surprised.

If you search this site for insomnia, you will find some tips and suggestions to help you deal with it.

Some of the symptoms I mentioned went away pretty fast for me. I can see it is the same with you. This is how it was with me:

Physical Symptoms that went away first: brain zaps, adrenaline/cortisol spikes in the mornings, feeling of being electrocuted, restlessness, insomnia (2-4 hrs if sleep)

Physical Symptoms that went away second: bad nausea, uncomfortable vibrations through the whole body, headache, anhedonia, body aches, insomnia (6 hrs of sleep like a clockwork)...

Physical Symptoms I still have frombtime to time: nausea,  body aches, some vibrations of the body...

Anxiety and depression improved a lot. But anxiety is something I struggle with.

Seems like we reveresed. Symptoms I had in the beginning you have now. 
I sleep very well now, hope you will too soon.

Because we are all so different, it is hard to predict how long this recovery is going to take. But it is happening!☀️Looking back 6 months I had some major improvements. Symptoms I had because I quit Lexapro are far worse  than the ones I had before I took the drug. 

27 minutes ago, Kingfisher86 said:

Hi Skoplje!

You did go pretty fast. You went from 10mg to 5mg in one month. Luckly you holded for a few month at 5mg. I did the same jump from 10-5 mg but I holded 5 mg for two years. I was lazy to get of Lexapro. I did not know the concequences.

Then jump from 5-2.5 mg in 12 days. These jumps are the reasons why we feel withdrawal symptoms☹️ Brain and nervous system did not have time to adjust working without drugs.

And on the side did you know that Lexapro is a very strong (potent) drug even though it is “just” 5 mg. I did know this and was very surprised.

If you search this site for insomnia, you will find some tips and suggestions to help you deal with it.

Some of the symptoms I mentioned went away pretty fast for me. I can see it is the same with you. This is how it was with me:

Physical Symptoms that went away first: brain zaps, adrenaline/cortisol spikes in the mornings, feeling of being electrocuted, restlessness, insomnia (2-4 hrs if sleep)

Physical Symptoms that went away second: bad nausea, uncomfortable vibrations through the whole body, headache, anhedonia, body aches, insomnia (6 hrs of sleep like a clockwork)...

Physical Symptoms I still have frombtime to time: nausea,  body aches, some vibrations of the body...

Anxiety and depression improved a lot. But anxiety is something I struggle with.

Seems like we reveresed. Symptoms I had in the beginning you have now. 
I sleep very well now, hope you will too soon.

Because we are all so different, it is hard to predict how long this recovery is going to take. But it is happening!☀️Looking back 6 months I had some major improvements. Symptoms I had because I quit Lexapro are far worse  than the ones I had before I took the drug. 

Look now. I now have all your symptoms you had written at your post, adrenalin, restlessness, insomnia vibrations I the whole body. But the insomnia and restlessness are problem. Do you lost kg in time when you had insomnia and restlessness 

Yeah, 6 months in, now you have symptoms I had in the beginning. Encouraging thing is my symptoms passed.

I lost around 5 kg from nausea! I did not feel hungry and sometimes I couldn’t eat.

During that time I could only eat lentils (sočivo). I made my self eat tiny meals.  

19 minutes ago, Kingfisher86 said:

Yeah, 6 months in, now you have symptoms I had in the beginning. Encouraging thing is my symptoms passed.

I lost around 5 kg from nausea! I did not feel hungry and sometimes I couldn’t eat.

During that time I could only eat lentils (sočivo). I made my self eat tiny meals.  

That's the problem. In the last 20 days I lost 5,6 kg during insomnia, and restlessness. That's something which make me nervous, bring my anx up. No end man. I don't know what to do. 

Edited by Brainobrain2
Correction of kg

If you had some kgs to lose before, it shouldn’t be so alarming but if you are a lean person like myself then losing 5 kg is a big deal. Made me look sicker. More important, body needs fuel to function.

I can only tell you what helped me.

If I couldn’t eat, I would make myself eat a little bit. Even few bites. I would do this throughout the day. 

Sometimes nutritious shakes would help if I did not feel like chewing.

It is very “normal” for withdrawal to have these issues. So don’t feel alone or like this should be a reason to be more anxious. It is not pleasant but people have overcame it.

Edited by Kingfisher86
Spelling errors

• Moderator Emeritus

Please create your drug signature so that your drug history can be seen at a glance whenever you post.  It also makes it easier for members to see what drugs you are on and/or have taken in the past when you post outside of your Introduction topic.  Thank you.

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

(Mod note:  merged Introduction topics)

Hi Brainobrain2,  This is your main Introduction topic, started on the 7th of January. 

We like to keep members to just one "Introduction topic" as it keeps all of your information in one, place, and saves us repeating ourselves, if something has been already addressed here.

Thankyou.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

OK, hier are the things. Since month ago have insomnia, lost weight prob 8 kg, heart rate is gon up to 85 all day, after 18 pm, starts to fall to 65,in sleep is 55.lots of sweat when driving cycle home. Mood problems, fear of going again on antidepressants, fear of why I am loosing such kg. Maybe is my regular weight which I forgot how looked 4 years ago. Body shacking, maybe not like 4 months ago. 

Mornings have those cortisone shock, suddenly rapid heart up to 95-100,.

So have no idea what's going on. Crazy thing. What botheres me is if I go to Dr psyho, what to say him. Have no panic attack, all lab tests are OK, have no special high anx except those about losing kg in about 40 days togeder with insomnia. 

Crazy. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Please do not create any more new Introduction topics.  Manymoretodays has already merged another new introduction topic with your original one.

Only 1 introduction topic per member which keeps your history in one place and means you do not have to repeat yourself.  It is the best place to ask questions about your own situation and where you can journal your progress and post updates.

Please also, as requested, create your drug signature.  This will allow staff and members to see your drug history at a glance:

Instructions:  Withdrawal History Signature

This is your introduction topic:

brainobrain2-help-surviving-after-ad-escitalopram

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Administrator

Please put updates and questions about your symptoms in this topic.

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.