Paxil3days: Paxil only 3 days can cause severe withdrawals?

Paxil3days

@Rusty1 that’s great to hear !!! Wishing you more healing!!

2018 - Zoloft for 5 days then CT due to severe nausea , no severe withdrawals and no adverse reaction.

OCT 2020- vitamin D (5000iu) -which I know now is too high dosage and looking back it now I realize it was causing mood issues, which led me to search for ADs.

2021 - Paxil 3 days  (Feb 16,17,18)CT due to severe nausea ( side note day of CT I got my second dose of covid 19 vaccine which could have further destabilized my CNS) then 4 weeks later severe adverse reaction that included every single WD symptom on here.

2021- month out ( April 05, 07)not knowing what was going on went to ER twice and was placed on hydroxyzine and Reglan (anti-nausea) ( which I know now affects serotonin levels also) nothing helped.

Then went to two different psychiatrists one who referred me to GI for the nausea denying Paxil had anything to do with my symptoms, the second one prescribed me Buspirone Klonopin, and Trazadone ( I refused to take neither , thank God) I had feeling it still was the Paxil.

April 30th -CT everything Bc nothing was helping and miraculously found this website SA and saw every symptom I was going through.

Currently no drugs, only fish oil in the evenings. !!! 

2 hours ago, Paxil3days said:

@Rusty1 that’s great to hear !!! Wishing you more healing!!

Thank you and you as well. Sounds like you have made some gains and hope to hear of more to come!

40 yo Male. Started Paxil about 15 years ago. 10 mg (pill weight .125 - .129 g). 5 yrs wanted less side effects, doctor took me off Paxil over couple week period and put me on Wellbutrin. Not good. Went back on Paxil. Relieved my symptoms, but didn't work as well and more side effects. Severe reaction between Paxil and Zomig Summer of 2012. Head was affected during warmer days (cloudiness, confusion, pressure). Began 10% withdrawal 10/24/12.

Withdrawel helped many symptoms, but also added side effects: nausea, dizziness, tiredness. Hyper-anxiety started January 2014.

Went through a 2 year period of de-realization (2016-2018).  Rarely any windows.  
Current dose: 0.00 as of 4/10/21.  Made a lot of progress in my withdrawal symptoms the last 2 years of my taper.  I think doing a liquid taper helped stabilize things on the lower doses.  A lot of my symptoms have reduced significantly.  Hoping for even more improvement now that I am off.
My thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8909-rusty1-paxil-withdrawal-help-and-advice-welcome/#entry150222

I have had what I consider severe Akathesia it has slowly gone down, I been taking 500mg of fish oil as recommended. Should I stop it . Been taking it for about 2 months . My restless has become less but I still have on and off internal leg tremors 

2018 - Zoloft for 5 days then CT due to severe nausea , no severe withdrawals and no adverse reaction.

OCT 2020- vitamin D (5000iu) -which I know now is too high dosage and looking back it now I realize it was causing mood issues, which led me to search for ADs.

2021 - Paxil 3 days  (Feb 16,17,18)CT due to severe nausea ( side note day of CT I got my second dose of covid 19 vaccine which could have further destabilized my CNS) then 4 weeks later severe adverse reaction that included every single WD symptom on here.

2021- month out ( April 05, 07)not knowing what was going on went to ER twice and was placed on hydroxyzine and Reglan (anti-nausea) ( which I know now affects serotonin levels also) nothing helped.

Then went to two different psychiatrists one who referred me to GI for the nausea denying Paxil had anything to do with my symptoms, the second one prescribed me Buspirone Klonopin, and Trazadone ( I refused to take neither , thank God) I had feeling it still was the Paxil.

April 30th -CT everything Bc nothing was helping and miraculously found this website SA and saw every symptom I was going through.

• Administrator

What are the current symptoms that you describe as akathisia?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Current symptoms include: 

-inner leg tremors ( has become on and off during this past two weeks) 

-inner restlessness (that has lessened a lot since the beginning of the adverse reaction ) 

-moderate to mild inner whole body tremors ( seems to have lessen since beginning of adverse reaction) 

-anhedonia (was getting better but this week back on due to arguments) 

-tension headache ( back of head tensions headache, also seems to have lessened since beginning of adverse reaction)

-Si thoughts that come and go with the anhedonia , has again lessened since reaction but still there). 

I am in month 4 since reaction began! 

• Administrator

4 months is not long on the timescale of recovery from withdrawal syndrome.

Fish oil and magnesium may or may not help. If something makes you feel worse, reduce it or stop it.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

@Altostrata I know it’s not long but, yet again I am trying to figure a way to minimize long term. 

My tremors now come and go whereas before they were everyday, 

However in waves some old symptoms feel to come back… what timelines does it look like when it comes back then goes ?

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Paxil3days said:

However in waves some old symptoms feel to come back… what timelines does it look like when it comes back then goes ?

That is typical of waves and windows. Symptoms come and go, mutate, very slowly fade.

This can occur for many months, with very gradually less frequent and less severe waves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

@Paxil3days Im not sure if this will help, but once I realized the healing process was just gonna take as long as it takes, it helped me to come to acceptance! Sadly you cant put a time frame on your healing! Just have to accept you are in it for the long haul and the end result will be you are healed!! I used to count the days :( When I stopped doing that and just let it ride, it got easier!! You are going to be ok!! Trust in that and don't worry about the details!! It will all work out in the end :)

2010-2011 - Tramadol - Can't remember dosage

2011 - CT Quit Tramadol

2011-2019 - St Johns Wart - Started out at 3 Pills a day (300 MG) and increased to 6 per day over the years

August 2019 - CT Quit St Johns (Told by Hospital Dr to Stop Taking due to increased BP)

September 2019 - Citalopram 10mg - Approx 2 weeks - CT Quit

September 2019 - October 2019 - Clonazepam .5mg - Approx 3 weeks - CT Quit

Drug Free Since October 5th 2019

• 8 months later...
On 7/15/2021 at 1:35 AM, Paxil3days said:

Current symptoms include: 

-inner leg tremors ( has become on and off during this past two weeks) 

-inner restlessness (that has lessened a lot since the beginning of the adverse reaction ) 

-moderate to mild inner whole body tremors ( seems to have lessen since beginning of adverse reaction) 

-anhedonia (was getting better but this week back on due to arguments) 

-tension headache ( back of head tensions headache, also seems to have lessened since beginning of adverse reaction)

-Si thoughts that come and go with the anhedonia , has again lessened since reaction but still there). 

I am in month 4 since reaction began! 

Hello! I was curious to see how you are doing after your reaction? I had a immediate adr to 3 doses of lexapro, 2 months in

Immediate adverse reaction 

lexapro 5mg 3x 1/27/22, 1/28/22, 1/30/22 

Buspirone 7mg 1x 1/27/22 

last dose 1/30/2022

7 hours ago, StarShopping87 said:

Hello! I was curious to see how you are doing after your reaction? I had a immediate adr to 3 doses of lexapro, 2 months in

Hey @StarShopping87 I am doing much better than I was 9 months ago. There are still some cycles of waves that do occur when I completely exhaust myself from exercise, work and other events in my life. 

The most constant symptom that remains is the head pressure feeling, although it’s a lot more milder than it was in the beginning but it is something I do notice bc before the pill I never had it. Overall most of the symptoms have gone away. Sometimes randomly I do experience some leg tremors but even that is become more and more mild. Keep going, it will get better I promise it will. This website and the people on her are great . 

Just now, Paxil3days said:

Hey @StarShopping87 I am doing much better than I was 9 months ago. There are still some cycles of waves that do occur when I completely exhaust myself from exercise, work and other events in my life. 

The most constant symptom that remains is the head pressure feeling, although it’s a lot more milder than it was in the beginning but it is something I do notice bc before the pill I never had it. Overall most of the symptoms have gone away. Sometimes randomly I do experience some leg tremors but even that is become more and more mild. Keep going, it will get better I promise it will. This website and the people on her are great . 

Omg that is soooo amazing to hear!! This gives me a lot of hope. My 2 major symptoms right now are insomnia and head pressure. Majority of my panic and anxiety are chemical but it’s nothing like it was a month ago. I have developed anxiety around sleep though and it’s terrible. I’ve been talking to some people on here in our position and this gives me soo much hope for recovery. I feel so alone right now and fear it will never end. 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Buspirone 7mg 1x 1/27/22 

last dose 1/30/2022

2 minutes ago, StarShopping87 said:

Omg that is soooo amazing to hear!! This gives me a lot of hope. My 2 major symptoms right now are insomnia and head pressure. Majority of my panic and anxiety are chemical but it’s nothing like it was a month ago. I have developed anxiety around sleep though and it’s terrible. I’ve been talking to some people on here in our position and this gives me soo much hope for recovery. I feel so alone right now and fear it will never end. 🙏🏻🙏🏻

It will get better @StarShopping87, be patient with yourself, don’t be too hard on yourself, keep going you got this ! 

Just now, Paxil3days said:

It will get better @StarShopping87, be patient with yourself, don’t be too hard on yourself, keep going you got this ! 

When did you start noticing improvements? 

Buspirone 7mg 1x 1/27/22 

last dose 1/30/2022

20 hours ago, StarShopping87 said:

When did you start noticing improvements? 

@StarShopping87 I don’t want to give you an exact answer because every human body heals on it’s own time, but mine I would say I started noticing major improvements around the 7-9 month mark, but again this does not mean your will be this way, hopefully you will recover much sooner, hang in there. 

3 hours ago, Paxil3days said:

@StarShopping87 I don’t want to give you an exact answer because every human body heals on it’s own time, but mine I would say I started noticing major improvements around the 7-9 month mark, but again this does not mean your will be this way, hopefully you will recover much sooner, hang in there. 

Thank you, I understand. We are all different with different stories. Did you by chance have insomnia really bad in the beginning? If so, has your sleeping improved? 

Buspirone 7mg 1x 1/27/22 

last dose 1/30/2022

39 minutes ago, rebeccaannxo said:

@Paxil3days

I had a severe adverse reaction to 3 pills of Lexapro 6 months ago. I’m still experiencing dizziness, derealization, blurry vision, unbalanced feeling, hot flashes. Did you have any of these? 

I’ve noticed a slight improvement from the 5.5 month to 6 month mark. But I’m still housebound daily, not able to walk much at all and dizzy with weird vision everyday. 

How long have you been off of Paxil for? 

Hi @rebeccaannxo , hi I have been off Paxil for over a year now , I am feeling a lot better , I forced my self to run on the treadmill in month 4 even though the symptoms were acting up, but it helped I believe overall. It does get better the dizziness eventually went away , the vision gets better , and when any of these symptoms come back they are so mild that you may never notice them at all. Hang in there give it some more time . 

41 minutes ago, StarShopping87 said:

Thank you, I understand. We are all different with different stories. Did you by chance have insomnia really bad in the beginning? If so, has your sleeping improved? 

Yes my insomnia was bad first 3 months then slowly , I was able to fall asleep naturally and you will too , hang in there and give it some time . 

3 minutes ago, Paxil3days said:

Yes my insomnia was bad first 3 months then slowly , I was able to fall asleep naturally and you will too , hang in there and give it some time . 

Thank you!! This really gives me soo much hope. 🙏🏻🙏🏻 I miss sleep soo much 

Buspirone 7mg 1x 1/27/22 

last dose 1/30/2022

• 1 month later...

@Paxil3days hey!! How is everything going? 

Buspirone 7mg 1x 1/27/22 

last dose 1/30/2022