kostakonkordia: My forced marriage with venlafaxine

kostakonkordia

• Moderator Emeritus

It's not about how long a taper takes, it's about whether you get off it whilst still feeling okay.  It took me 6 years to get off my Pristiq from 75mg.  The original dose was 100mg but I had to lower my dose quickly because of mild serotonin toxicity.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus
43 minutes ago, kostakonkordia said:

I'm gonna take it at my own pace. 

It's not your pace.  It has nothing to do with how strong or determined you are as a person.  Your brain will dictate how fast you can go.

Accepting that it will take a long time can help you to be patient and not rush things.  Even though I was very aware of issues that can happen from too fast tapering, due to being a moderator, there were times when I wanted to go faster.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

@ChessieCat

That's what I basically meant with my own pace... My brain will dictate the tapering speed!!

Would you advice to hold a little bit longer for now? 

@Thelongestroadhome

Hey Elizabeth,

Thanks for you're encouragement in gonna stop reading this forum after this post. I'm down in a rabbithole and that's not good. 

It's just really hard to swallow this fact of long tapering and suffering alot. I have to be honest my life has been in a crisis since I did a c/t almost 2 years ago. Maybe even since I'm 15 or even longer. 

It just makes me even more hopeless that I already have some sexual impairment, DP/DR, some anhedonia,I can't go in big crowds because I'm too sensitive, and under stress the light changes in some weird kind of way, sometimes heartpalpatations, morning anxiety(not everywhere I sleep), I sometimes cannot follow conversations and in general my brain cannot process things normally like things are too fast for my eyes.(i cannot explain that in proper way...), tinnitus(I had it before) and snow in my eyes(I think a had this before also).

I kind of could deal with these things before I discovered this site and realized this may be duo to my medication... (I thought this might be just my mental illness) 

The last few days Im envisioning a doomsday Szenario like Venlafaxin-endless taper, horrendous withdrawal-death/suizide. 

Maybe I'm just really overreacting but I'm a highly scareable person and this is already really much for me... I'm kind of loosing myself in this anxiety spiral...

I know I'm pretty healthy and young but I'm not gonna be young anymore when I finish the taper and recover from this all. 

My most precious and really important years have been stolen, this is not how I envisioned my life to be like... This is sooo hard to swallow watching alot of the people having fun and I'm stuck... 

I'm sorry for pouring my heart out right now and complaining so much, I hope you don't judge me for that...

How are you doing Elizabeth? 

Greetings from Vienna and I wish you all a happy new year!! 

Kosta

Ad's since 2016 (I was 16 then...) (Escitalopram) 

Nov 2018 switch to venlafaxin 150mg

Nov 2019 to march 2020 tapered by 37,5mg to cero. (breakdown, minor w/d symptoms for a few days only panic attacks followed by deep depression came a month later duo to stress). 

Reinstated venla 150mg in Juli 2020.

Nov 2020 to April 2021 tapering by 15mg every month or so until I reached approximately 50 mg(no w/d symptoms) 

Since April 2021 tapered once by 5% and once by 10% of the last dose because I'm not stable enough for w/d. 

Current dose 50mg venlafaxin

No other medication. 

No supplements

Stopped smoking 29.12.2021

No alcohol 

• Moderator Emeritus
4 hours ago, kostakonkordia said:

That's what I basically meant with my own pace... My brain will dictate the tapering speed!!

Would you advice to hold a little bit longer for now? 

That's good that you meant that.

It is better to hold for longer than to continue tapering when you still have withdrawal symptoms.  This also applies if you have made recent changes to anything, if you are sick or going through additional stressors, and even if you go on a holiday:

Stability

WDnormal

Moderator brassmonkey has written more about WDnormal in his Success Story:

tao-of-the-brassmonkey

@Thelongestroadhome

Hi again Elizabeth, 

I'm really happy you replied!!! 

I'm gonna go as fast as possible and as slow as needed. I don't want to waste time if I can taper normally with little issues. 

I dream big too, I want to have a "normal" life drug free and happy. Not like mdma happy that would be redicolous haha, just like emotionally in contact with my self and others. 

I'm redoing highschool right now because I dropped out few years ago (drug related who knows?? haha). After that i want to study Medizin or archeology/history.

Im currently invested in philosophy and Marxism big time, I love it!!! 

Also I want to learn more guitar, and paint more <333.

There is so much to discover in this world Elizabeth and sooo much we have to change too!!! 

Psychiatry has to fall, that's gonna be a thing I want to participate in, we need a revival of the antipsychiatric movement. But that's a plan for much later, I could not organice myself there now, because it would trigger me like a mother trucker. And so much nature is to see with my eyes, I want to see the desert and the rainforest!! 

I regained faith, because I listened to Baylissa Frederick, and she said everyone recovers that's sooooo calming you know!! I almost can't belive this to be honest... But I think she did not lie. Why should she? 

Greetings 

Kosta 

Nov 2019 to march 2020 tapered by 37,5mg to cero. (breakdown, minor w/d symptoms for a few days only panic attacks followed by deep depression came a month later duo to stress). 

Nov 2020 to April 2021 tapering by 15mg every month or so until I reached approximately 50 mg(no w/d symptoms) 

Since April 2021 tapered once by 5% and once by 10% of the last dose because I'm not stable enough for w/d. 

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

@Thelongestroadhome

Yes I'm just a bit more optimistic, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of this to be honest... It's an overwhelming task. Much to learn from that I guess... Hahaha

One day I want to visit Australia, it's unlikely but maybe we'll see each other... :))) Australia is incredibly beautiful, not gonna lie haha. 

May I ask where you are from? 

Greetings 

Kosta

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

@Altostrata

Hey Alto, 

I have a question because I think you are the most knowledgeable on this topic

I was wondering how the brain knows how to come back to homeostasis. 

Can you give some information on that or do you know some papers on that topic? 

Greetings 

Kosta

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

• Moderator Emeritus

@ChessieCat

Thanks Chessie :)))

But i was looking for something in deep, like how does the neurons know how many serotonin receptor they need to develop.

Greeting

Kosta 

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

@ChessieCat

But I will keep searching in the link you posted. 

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

I wanted to ask some of you how do you cope with anhedonia and disinterest in life? Its really hard lately to get out of bed and make anything productive... I kind of life only for my bed, when I wake up and have to do things I constantly think about my bed and when I can return there. How do you cope with that, do you push yourself? 

I also get anxiety in the morning after I wake up, it's like a heavy tight, hot feeling in my chest(can't really describe it... ), could this be withdrawal? I think its just general anxiety... 

I would appreciate if you can give me some of you're personal expiriences. 

Greetings

Kosta

Edited by kostakonkordia

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

• Moderator Emeritus
5 hours ago, kostakonkordia said:

I also get anxiety in the morning after I wake up

early-morning-waking-managing-the-morning-cortisol-spike

@Thelongestroadhome

I'm still on medication...(50mg effexor). 

Or do you mean prior to medication? 

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

@Thelongestroadhome

I would describe my situation like this: I can not feel any connection to other human beeings, I try sooo hard but it seems like there is a barrier in between everyone and me. Also some kind of dizziness and concentration problem is always there... Hard to describe... 

So its kind of hard getting out of bed if you are numb and you always walk around the city like a ghost and can't have a genuine touching conversation with anybody which is basically the basis for the human existence...

Now I just try to focus on reading philosophy, painting, maybe learning for school, guitar. This seems to me like the best option I have right now. 

Maybe my situation also comes from the fact that I didn't take my medication every day at the same time for a long time. But who knows. 

This **** is sooo complicated, it's basically like rocketscience you need a masters degree to support people in withdrawal...

Where have these doctors lured us into??? 

Edited by kostakonkordia

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

Painting and playing guitar will help you a lot.  It will not seem as if it does when a wave is occurring, but it will help your brain restore itself.

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

@Thelongestroadhome

I'm not really shure to be honest. 

It kind of became stronger in the last 6 months or so. Maybe i just became more conscious about it. 

Because you asked when I last felt really. To be honest never, or at least I cannot remember those times. The last years just feel like constant struggle, pain, anxiety etc. There where a few times when I felt a little better but besides that its a constant dream like state... 

I'm not shure if the fast tapers did all that because I had no immediate withdrawal from these cuts. I can only remember being hypersexual at times and a little manic. No physical w/d. 

Yea painting helped me a bit, and playing guitar too. 

I'm just really demoralized because everything is pain, even meeting with friends is like an obligation. 

What do you mean with hindsight? I'm not a native i don't understand this phrase. Sorry haha.

Yeah maybe I will get famous one day... But that's nothing Im striving for. And besides that I'm still much too bad a guitar xD.

Greetings 

Kosta

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi there kostakonkordia, @kostakonkordia

I just thought I would greet you here, on your Introduction.

This is odd though, I don't see any mention of the dysbiosis testing or treatment here, on your thread.

Did you do the testing?  And are you doing the treatment?

I think you could post more about your findings around that, and your own WD here.

That way if other members are interested, they will find you, and that information.

Congrats on quitting smoking too!  I ended a long history of that myself this past November.

And you are just a youngster I see now......so I do think that was the right move for you.

You may still be adapting too, to the changes post cigarettes.

There certainly is a WD from them.  Not something we deal with here, but just be aware.

How are you today?

Okay, and best.....

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

2 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

I just thought I would greet you here, on your Introduction.

This is odd though, I don't see any mention of the dysbiosis testing or treatment here, on your thread.

Did you do the testing?  And are you doing the treatment?

No I have not testes myself yet. Next week I'm going to the GI. The problem is I'm still tapering so I'm not sure if it makes sense to treat dysbiosis while taking a antimicrobial substance. Anyway I will take care about my gut and report you if something has changed. I have just recently discovered the microbiom theory because it is fairly new so I did not have a chance to test it.

Congrats on quitting smoking too!  I ended a long history of that myself this past November.

And you are just a youngster I see now......so I do think that was the right move for you.

You may still be adapting too, to the changes post cigarettes.

There certainly is a WD from them.  Not something we deal with here, but just be aware.

Thanks!!! Yea probably a little withdrawal. 

I think you could post more about your findings around that, and your own WD here.

That way if other members are interested, they will find you, and that information.

The problem is noone is gonna read my introduction... 

Edited by kostakonkordia

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

How are you today?

Thanks for asking!!! I'm doing ok i guess, sedated as always haha. And you?

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

• Moderator Emeritus
3 hours ago, kostakonkordia said:

The problem is noone is gonna read my introduction...

If you post about it in your Introduction topic, instead of posting a lot of information in other members' topic, you could just say that you have tried this and then tell them if they want to know more to look at your Introduction topic.

Members' Introduction topics are about their journey off psychiatric drugs.  The long posts, as well as the large quantity, that you have been making in other members topics have cluttered their topics with a lot of posts which are not directly about psychiatric drug withdrawal and the Introduction topic's owner.  When this happens it can make it difficult for the staff to see posts that the member makes where they want assistance from the staff so they might miss getting the help they need.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey  there kosta, and yes to what Ccat is saying.

Also, honest, I think people do look at and read your Introduction too.

7 hours ago, kostakonkordia said:

Thanks for asking!!! I'm doing ok i guess, sedated as always haha. And you?

You feel sedated all the time?  Since how long?

And okay I am looking at your signature below:

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

So you did a linear taper, from 150 mg of venlafaxine all the way to 50 mg.  And did fine with that.

And then, if I read back through your intial post here, I see where you did a fast taper, possibly with the doctors help all the way to zero, but then wound up re-medicated again.  Tapering by 15 mg each time, down from 150 mg of venlafaxine is not what a 10% taper is.

We talk about tapering 10% or less from each previous dose.

Why taper by 10% of my dose

So yah, unfortunately you did get thrown into WD(withdrawal) I think.

What kind of WD symptoms are you dealing with?

Dr.Glenmullen’s withdrawal symptom list.

I'm just going to give you some of the basic information around WD now, as I am not sure what you have or have not seen, or looked at.  I know you are smart, and sorry for calling you a kid, as you are not, strictly speaking.......I'm a bit older and it's a bad habit I have.  So forgive.  I also read that you were started on medications at the age of 16, and I am sorry.  I tagged you as youth, as it is a category where you started with medication as a youth.  And we do get a fair amount of members like you, started young, and do want to learn how to go drug free one day.

It does sound like you have been inputting loads of information around WD, and possibly your symptoms, and even have tried contacting doctors, and are angry or mad.  That's okay.  From that I hope you can get to healing.

What is withdrawal syndrome.

When we take medications, the CNS (central nervous system) responds by making changes over the months and years we take the drug(s). When the medication is discontinued, the CNS has to undo all the changes it made.  The CNS likes stability. Rebuilding the neurotransmitter production and reactivating the receptor and transporter cells takes time -- during that rebuilding process symptoms occur.

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system.  

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

So anyway, are you sleeping okay then?  It sounds like you are in a pretty lethargic and sleepy period now?  I'm not real clear on that.  And that you would like to go drug free at some point?

When is the last month that you tapered?  And what kind of venlafaxine do you have?  Just so we know.

And that is also cool, or I am impressed too that you are part of a local peer group around tapering, and getting better care for those of us who need it, while working our way of drugs.

So.....I am kind of more up on your case now.  Let us know how we can help?  Outside of the gut issues.

We are just not that into, as you and I discussed via PM............. the testing and treatment and dysbiosis here.  We just don't have enough evidence to allow you to promote it around here.  That's not the purpose of the site.

I hope that is clear and I am glad you have liked it here, better than some of the other forums you've been to.

And I do hope you'll continue working on your own tapering, and best coping with WD symptoms, and stick around too.

Okay.  Best.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

moderator manymoretodays(mmt)

And apologies, as some of this is a bit repetitive, as to what the other mods have offered you already too.  I just figure it can't hurt, right.  And hope we can get you headed in the right direction.

Edited by manymoretodays
additional, clarity

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

17 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

If you post about it in your Introduction topic, instead of posting a lot of information in other members' topic, you could just say that you have tried this and then tell them if they want to know more to look at your Introduction topic.

Sounds good to be honest. 

17 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Members' Introduction topics are about their journey off psychiatric drugs.  The long posts, as well as the large quantity, that you have been making in other members topics have cluttered their topics with a lot of posts which are not directly about psychiatric drug withdrawal and the Introduction topic's owner.  When this happens it can make it difficult for the staff to see posts that the member makes where they want assistance from the staff so they might miss getting the help they need.

Ok makes sense for me. Sorry that I did spam a little bit..., its just very important in my opinion you know? 

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

13 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

You feel sedated all the time?  Since how long?

I don't know really, maybe since I started medication I guess. But it got stronger a year ago or so. Or I just realized it more. 

So you did a linear taper, from 150 mg of venlafaxine all the way to 50 mg.  And did fine with that.

And then, if I read back through your intial post here, I see where you did a fast taper, possibly with the doctors help all the way to zero, but then wound up re-medicated again.  Tapering by 15 mg each time, down from 150 mg of venlafaxine is not what a 10% taper is.

We talk about tapering 10% or less from each previous dose.

Yes I did fine besides maybe some few manic events and hypersexuality but these where just very short and I'm not shure if they were linked to WD. Yes I know these were linear tapers but I didn't know it better. I haven't divorced SA then. I'm aware about the hyperbolic taper. That's the way im gonna go after holding my current dose. 

WD(withdrawal) I think.

What kind of WD symptoms are you dealing with?

No I don't think I'm in withdrawal, but maybe I am, who can distinguish side effects from withdrawal especially if they are so subtle like mine. I have anhedonia dp/dr, sexual side effects, little concentration problems and sometimes some weird eye pressure thing, anxiety and alot of tiredness. *That's it basically". Could be also sideeffects... 

It sounds like you are in a pretty lethargic and sleepy period now?  I'm not real clear on that.  And that you would like to go drug free at some point?

Yes, of course drug free is the way to go. In fact the only way. I would go full cold turkey for 3 years or more instead of taking this poison my whole life. I want to live and that's not possible with this "medication". I'm so lethargic, it's very hard to get out of bed right now. 

When is the last month that you tapered?  And what kind of venlafaxine do you have?  Just so we know.

I think October or so... Venlafaxin extenders release with these tiny grains. 

14 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

So anyway, are you sleeping okay then?

Yes, too much in fact. 

And that is also cool, or I am impressed too that you are part of a local peer group around tapering, and getting better care for those of us who need it, while working our way of drugs.

Yes we are also planning to open a escape house from psychiatric violence like in Berlin, but I simply don't have the energy right now to start anything like this... The sad thing is we are the only group or peer support for tapering in whole Austria... And the peer support center didn't want to take us in the register because we were "too radical" by stating psychiatry is killing people. Which is fact is true. 

So.....I am kind of more up on your case now.  Let us know how we can help?  Outside of the gut issues.

I don't know how you could help me... I think the things you are doing are already very much. Pls don't be angry at me because of the gut thing haha. 

We are just not that into, as you and I discussed via PM............. the testing and treatment and dysbiosis here.  We just don't have enough evidence to allow you to promote it around here.  That's not the purpose of the site.

I hope that is clear and I am glad you have liked it here, better than some of the other forums you've been to.

And I do hope you'll continue working on your own tapering, and best coping with WD symptoms, and stick around too.

Yes I understand, I will continue the research and get in contact with scientists. Maybe we can get some clinical studies going. I will report you further. 

Yes I like it very much here thank you for you're work it's very important and life saving. 

Yes I will continue tapering when I stabilize a bit more. 

And apologies, as some of this is a bit repetitive, as to what the other mods have offered you already too.  I just figure it can't hurt, right.  And hope we can get you headed in the right direction.

No problem thank you very much for you're kind message. 

I wish you all the best

Greetings

Kosta

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

• Moderator Emeritus
4 hours ago, kostakonkordia said:

Ok makes sense for me. Sorry that I did spam a little bit..., its just very important in my opinion you know? 

Yes I understand.  I want to tell everyone about how being on a low carb diet is working well for me to reverse my diabetes, high cholesterol, losing weight and reducing my blood pressure, but I need to remember what the priority of SA is.  When a member posted about wanting to lose weight I sent them a PM (instead of spamming their Introduction topic) with some information.  They thanked me and I sent some more information, but they didn't respond further so I just stopped.  If they want more details they can always PM again.

And don't forget that SA members are dealing with a lot of different issues.  Sometimes just getting through the day (and sometimes doing it hour by hour) surviving their withdrawal symptoms is all they can manage.  We need to be careful not to add more stress to their situation.

22 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Yes I understand.  I want to tell everyone about how being on a low carb diet is working well for me to reverse my diabetes, high cholesterol, losing weight and reducing my blood pressure, but I need to remember what the priority of SA is.  When a member posted about wanting to lose weight I sent them a PM (instead of spamming their Introduction topic) with some information.  They thanked me and I sent some more information, but they didn't respond further so I just stopped.  If they want more details they can always PM again.

And don't forget that SA members are dealing with a lot of different issues.  Sometimes just getting through the day (and sometimes doing it hour by hour) surviving their withdrawal symptoms is all they can manage.  We need to be careful not to add more stress to their situation.

Yes you are right. I'm going to be more patient about it. 

Thanks for you're reply. I appreciate it. 

Kosta

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

For people who might be interested, here is someone who parallely to the Reddit guy discovered the microbiom connection. Very interesting. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theresearchzone.com/amp/pssd-the-microbiome-brain-genital-connection

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 1/16/2022 at 9:43 AM, kostakonkordia said:

No I don't think I'm in withdrawal, but maybe I am, who can distinguish side effects from withdrawal especially if they are so subtle like mine. I have anhedonia dp/dr, sexual side effects, little concentration problems and sometimes some weird eye pressure thing, anxiety and alot of tiredness. *That's it basically". Could be also sideeffects... 

Hi kostakondordia,

And thank you for all the answers to my questions.  Some of them were redundant I think, things that you've already gone over.

And this may be more redundancy, or repetitiveness for you but when did the symptoms seem to start.  Are they symptoms you had before ever taking venlafaxine?  Or did they begin some time after you came off the venlafaxine the first time?  Or when you started to taper after going back on the venlafaxine?

If you recall, it might clarify.

Those don't sound like subtle symptoms at all.

Could be a little of both WD and S.E. too.

And please don't feel like there is nothing you can do about it, or that it is less than hopeful.  Be hopeful.  Waving my magic wand.

Yes, of course drug free is the way to go. In fact the only way. I would go full cold turkey for 3 years or more instead of taking this poison my whole life. I want to live and that's not possible with this "medication". I'm so lethargic, it's very hard to get out of bed right now. 

What are the regular practicing doctors like where you are?  Have you had a good physical exam lately?  Would you consider doing that and just having them check you over, maybe get some blood work done for things like anemia or vitamin deficiencies?

I think October or so... Venlafaxin extenders release with these tiny grains. 

Are you bead counting then?  Do tell how you did your last taper.  I do see the tapering topic back on page one too, so will not re-link to it right now. 

I don't know how you could help me... I think the things you are doing are already very much. Pls don't be angry at me because of the gut thing haha

No, I am not angry because of the gut thing.  I get it you would do anything to feel better and that grabbed you......the whole idea of the "gut thing".

I bet we, collectively, can help kosta.  You have to stay a little open, that's all.  To allowing help from others.  

Yes we are also planning to open a escape house from psychiatric violence like in Berlin, but I simply don't have the energy right now to start anything like this... The sad thing is we are the only group or peer support for tapering in whole Austria... And the peer support center didn't want to take us in the register because we were "too radical" by stating psychiatry is killing people. Which is fact is true. 

I know, it's hard everywhere to be heard, and then not be seen as "too radical".  I wish the case was reversed and more people were saying oh wow, I saw a psychiatrist who wanted to put me on medications really quickly.......and oooh, oh my........"what a radical(in a not good way) shrink".

I agree.  Yes psychiatry is not doing people any favors right now.  It is often more harm than good that's for sure.  And it is hard in society when most just don't see it, or turn a blind eye.  So you are good, to be so goodly radical now, when you feel better and have more energy......you'll have a good voice and also this experience too.

Interesting yes.  Some of the information you are finding.  And.....I am looking at it now.

Okay, and best,

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
looking at the link posted

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey kosta,

Check out our In the Media forum

And then when I saw them mention BDNF, it reminded me of this post there, which also links to another where BDNF is discussed a bit more.

You'll see an underlined "here" in my response there, that should link you up with the other topic too.

Ted talk on neurogenesis

20 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

And this may be more redundancy, or repetitiveness for you but when did the symptoms seem to start.  Are they symptoms you had before ever taking venlafaxine?  Or did they begin some time after you came off the venlafaxine the first time?  Or when you started to taper after going back on the venlafaxine?

Honestly I don't know. I think I had some dpdr prior to venlafaxin but I don't know. The ocd became extreme after the first time I did "taper". I had little ocd prior to venlafaxin. Sexual side effects became more prevalent as time went on. 

Those don't sound like subtle symptoms at all.

Could be a little of both WD and S.E. too.

Compared to others here it's nothing. No im pretty sure it's not withdrawal anymore. 

And please don't feel like there is nothing you can do about it, or that it is less than hopeful.  Be hopeful.  Waving my magic wand.

I'm feeling kind of hopeless and lonely to be honest, but I have great faith that life can be beautiful. But I don't know If I will ever expirience this. 

What are the regular practicing doctors like where you are?  Have you had a good physical exam lately?  Would you consider doing that and just having them check you over, maybe get some blood work done for things like anemia or vitamin deficiencies?

The doctors here are ok. In september I did it yea. Just had vit d deficit. 

Are you bead counting then?  Do tell how you did your last taper.  I do see the tapering topic back on page one too, so will not re-link to it right now. 

No with a jewelry scale

No, I am not angry because of the gut thing.  I get it you would do anything to feel better and that grabbed you......the whole idea of the "gut thing".

I bet we, collectively, can help kosta.  You have to stay a little open, that's all.  To allowing help from others.  

Thanks for understanding me. Yes it gives me great hope to be honest. I will stay open :)).

I know, it's hard everywhere to be heard, and then not be seen as "too radical".  I wish the case was reversed and more people were saying oh wow, I saw a psychiatrist who wanted to put me on medications really quickly.......and oooh, oh my........"what a radical(in a not good way) shrink".

I agree.  Yes psychiatry is not doing people any favors right now.  It is often more harm than good that's for sure.  And it is hard in society when most just don't see it, or turn a blind eye.  So you are good, to be so goodly radical now, when you feel better and have more energy......you'll have a good voice and also this experience too.

Thanks that's so kind of you. 

Psychiatry is just social control nothing else... 

Interesting yes.  Some of the information you are finding.  And.....I am looking at it now.

What do you mean?? 

Are you doing ok? 

Greetings 

Kosta

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

Hey kosta,

Check out our In the Media forum

And then when I saw them mention BDNF, it reminded me of this post there, which also links to another where BDNF is discussed a bit more.

You'll see an underlined "here" in my response there, that should link you up with the other topic too.

Ted talk on neurogenesis

Ok thank you I will look into it 

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

• Moderator Emeritus
On 1/21/2022 at 5:09 PM, kostakonkordia said:

What do you mean?? 

Are you doing ok? 

Hi kosta,

I just meant it was interesting.  I was mostly referring to the last media article you linked us to.  I thought it sounded very similar to the kind of things we talk about here too, when we talk about changes that happen from drugs or WD, and then healing......neurogenesis, and neuroplasticity.  It was focused more on PSSD, but explained it in a way that could apply to a lot of other symptoms too.

Yes, doing okay.  Big dental stuff at the beginning of the week.....so recovering from that.  They'll be more to come, oh joy......but I'm past the 72 hour point.  For some reason that sounds good to me, I think that there won't be any further inflammatory changes now.......and let the healing begin.  I had some extractions, and now have a partial bridge thingy.  Lower teeth.  It was not nearly as bad as orthodontia, or wisdom teeth removal.  Those a long time ago.

Mostly.......having a hard time just taking it easy this week.  I got a book about "Doing Nothing" to see if that would make it easier to take it easy.

Thanks for asking.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

• Moderator Emeritus
On 1/17/2022 at 1:10 PM, kostakonkordia said:

For people who might be interested, here is someone who parallely to the Reddit guy discovered the microbiom connection. Very interesting. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theresearchzone.com/amp/pssd-the-microbiome-brain-genital-connection

I have never read anything about antidepressants having significant antibacterial activity.  I got to the first reference cited, and it goes on to say fluoxetine, seemed to have modulating and synergistic effects when given with ABX(antibiotics).

So that was interesting.

I just think......I mean from my point of view......no thank you, to trying to find usages of AD's now, for fighting infection.  Not my cup of tea......having had harm from these drugs, again no thank you.  

I wish Prozac had never come to market.  And wish it and many other psychoactives would just disappear without leaving such a negative imprint on our people and planet.  

And then from there..... some of the rest of the theory is developed, around gut microbiomes and then the treatment that you are going to embark on..... the gut altering interventions.

The reviewer is a neuropharmacologist.  I would think then that this is a prescriber, a believer in the psychotropic drug usages.  

That alone makes me skeptical.  Can you blame me???

So.....interesting in that way.  What do they propose as far as your further tapering goes?  It's all kind of foreign to me. And pretty experimental I think so far.  What are the risks?  Possible harms?  I would want to know.  I don't know.......I had enough of being a body experimented on with all the drugs I was given.  I think I had mentioned I just kept getting sicker.  I wouldn't want to be in that experimental phase ever again.  Not me.  

I feel like a miracle some days.  I just have to conclude that the body knows how to heal, and if we give it time, and go about the taper judiciously........taking into account the changes to the receptor alterations, and time..........that might be best.  I mean I did not get the chance to get off some of my medications/drugs right........I still feel okay today though.........so much better, even while I know healing continues.  

I am no leading authority or anything.  Just someone who had to find my own way out of the psychotropic mess I had become.  And I did just fine with the harm reduction model, that we support here.   To get off my drugs.   I always knew the gut was important, and that there were more serotonin receptors there than anywhere.  And I know one neuroreceptor system affects another.    Perhaps because I did not have too many gastrointestinal or genitourinary symptoms I did not have to look in the direction for specific cures in those areas?  It does sound like the cures then are about supplements, as well as fasting and other things.  I would just caution to tread cautiously.  If at all.

I don't think I'm being too close minded.  I hope not kosta.  

And then I think I'll stick to reading more, and getting out there more aking or educating, around full medication disclosures from the start, and then tapering safely,  and deprescribing. Plus some support for those in WD. 

And be a bit of a myth buster too.  For those who just think it's a simple matter of fact thing, to use these drugs as much as they are being using now, or prescribed.  People still acting like the drugs actually work more than harm people.  It's such a crazy world we live in sometimes.  

Does Rabbie or anyone involved in this stuff offer their own internet support forum? 

If you are not planning on any further tapering, that might be a good fit for you??

Well thanks for the space.  Wishing you well and healthy and healed.  Just clarifying what I meant by "Interesting" I suppose.

(I may go to fiction for a bit now.....insert a "why am I still awake emoji" here)

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

8 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

just think......I mean from my point of view......no thank you, to trying to find usages of AD's now, for fighting infection.  Not my cup of tea......having had harm from these drugs, again no thank you.  

Yes they are crazy. 

The reviewer is a neuropharmacologist.  I would think then that this is a prescriber, a believer in the psychotropic drug usages.  

That alone makes me skeptical.  Can you blame me???

Probably. You just have to extract his findings and use it for you'reself. 

So.....interesting in that way.  What do they propose as far as your further tapering goes?  It's all kind of foreign to me. And pretty experimental I think so far.  What are the risks?  Possible harms?  I would want to know.  I don't know.......I had enough of being a body experimented on with all the drugs I was given.  I think I had mentioned I just kept getting sicker.  I wouldn't want to be in that experimental phase ever again.  Not me.  

I think being gentle to you're gut is not risky. 

I don't think I'm being too close minded.  I hope not kosta.  

No not at all. In fact I even wouldn't suggest people to take antibiotics most of the time. Just when you're in an life threatening situation. 

Antibiotics can cause sooo much damage on their own. In fact some of these symptoms after antibiotics are pretty similar to withdrawal. A example that's very drastic is there are reports of people taking macrolites(a form of antibiotics which don't pass the brain barrier) 

and getting akathisia. 

People still acting like the drugs actually work more than harm people.  It's such a crazy world we live in sometimes.  

Yes people are getting fooled in every sense of the way. Just look at our food, it's pure poison. 

Does Rabbie or anyone involved in this stuff offer their own internet support forum? 

If you are not planning on any further tapering, that might be a good fit for you??

Yes we are already helping people. I think you mean reddit. And that's the internet site. His name is lastround360 ^^. No im actually planing on tapering just have to sort some things out and put my life back in order. (sports, sleep rhythm etc). 

Thank you for you're answer :)). 

Greetings 

Kosta

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol 

• 1 month later...

I know probably not many will read this but I'm currently 99% sure that pssd and protracted withdrawal is an autoimmune/gut problem. 

Nothing else makes sense...

No other medication. 

No supplements

No alcohol