FeralCatman: recovering from Seroquel

FeralCatman

• Moderator Emeritus

That's good that you are noticing improvements.

Thank you for updating and letting us know that you are taking a break from the site.

Please do continue updating, even if it's only every now and again.

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:    (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq      on 13th November 2021

Woohoo!!!  Finally off Pristiq    Post 0 updates start here

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

My full tapering program     My Intro (goes to my tapering graph)    My website

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a medical professional.  I provide information and make suggestions.  Please DO NOT TAG me - thank you.

@ChessieCat I will. I am not gone. Just taking time to process and do other things for awhile. I will be checking my account every few days probably but my notifications are turned off right now.😉✌️ 😺😺😺😺

Current Psychiatric Medications

1. Paxil 10mg daily (a.m.) 2017 - Present
  2. Carbamazepine 400mg daily (split half a.m. and half p.m.) 2011 - Present
  3. Ativan 1 mg daily as needed  2018 - Present

Recently Stopped Psychiatric Medications

1. Seroquel - Tapered from 700mg to 0mg From April 2018 to August 2021 - Final Dose 6.25mg - In Recovery

Past Psychiatric Medications From 1994 to April 2018 -  Depakote, Lithium, Risperidone, Xanax, Lamotrigene, Olanzapine, Lorazepam, Welbutrin, Trazodone, Oxazepam, Gabapentin, Abilify, Topiramate, Prazosin, Ambien (See Attached Spreadsheet And Seroquel Tapering And WIthdrawal Summary)

Current Non Psychiatric Medications Levothyroxine 88mcg (a.m.)-Vitamin D3 2000 IU (p.m.)-Crestor 5mg (p.m.)-Fexofenadine 420mg (Half in a.m. and Half in p.m.)   -Metoprolol 25mg (p.m.)-Azelastine Nasal Spray-Triamcinolone Nasal Spray-Ipratropium Bromine Nasal Spray

Other - Fish Oil Twice Daily-Multi-Vitamin (p.m.)-Vitamin C 1000mg Daily (a.m.)-Saline Nasal Spray-Benadryl-Salsalate 750mg twice daily PRN, Diclofenac Gel on affected joint PRN-Alpha Stim-M electrotherapy device (CES for sleep/anxiety/depression - TENS Pain)-Magnesium Glycinate 50mg-Quercetin 500mg

Hi @FeralCatman

Just to say thank you for your recent update and 

CONGRATULATIONS on your 1-year zero-versary and all your improvements!!

You work so hard and have come so far, bravo! 

It is wonderful to read of your improvements and where you're at today.

Thank you so much for all that you contribute to the community. 

Wishing you a relaxing break and best of luck to you on your continuous healing journey, 

Sending hugs <3

A. 

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

supplements: magnesium powder (dissolved in water) as needed throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil w/ morning meal; 2mg melatonin 9pm 

August 1, 2022 - 1 mg melatonin, approx. 10:30pm

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

UPDATE

I forgot to add 2 symptoms that I had during tapering and for a short time after during withdrawal.

1. Blood Sugar Crashes - Gone
  2. Sudden drops in blood pressure - Gone

I also found on this site a terrific explanation of what happens in our brains during tapering and protracted withdrawal. Much better than my computer update comparison. It is posted on this site but I will re-post it here. Definitely worth the read as it is a bit long.

1. Seroquel - Tapered from 700mg to 0mg From April 2018 to August 2021 - Final Dose 6.25mg - In Recovery

Past Psychiatric Medications From 1994 to April 2018 -  Depakote, Lithium, Risperidone, Xanax, Lamotrigene, Olanzapine, Lorazepam, Welbutrin, Trazodone, Oxazepam, Gabapentin, Abilify, Topiramate, Prazosin, Ambien (See Attached Spreadsheet And Seroquel Tapering And WIthdrawal Summary)

Current Non Psychiatric Medications Levothyroxine 88mcg (a.m.)-Vitamin D3 2000 IU (p.m.)-Crestor 5mg (p.m.)-Fexofenadine 420mg (Half in a.m. and Half in p.m.)   -Metoprolol 25mg (p.m.)-Azelastine Nasal Spray-Triamcinolone Nasal Spray-Ipratropium Bromine Nasal Spray

Other - Fish Oil Twice Daily-Multi-Vitamin (p.m.)-Vitamin C 1000mg Daily (a.m.)-Saline Nasal Spray-Benadryl-Salsalate 750mg twice daily PRN, Diclofenac Gel on affected joint PRN-Alpha Stim-M electrotherapy device (CES for sleep/anxiety/depression - TENS Pain)-Magnesium Glycinate 50mg-Quercetin 500mg

@ChessieCat I would like to start a thread where I can post links to the material safety data sheets for each medication. I thought it would be useful to have them all in one thread where they can be used as a reference if needed. They say wonderful things like 'Toxic-Do Not Swallow' and 'Toxic To Aquatic Life-Do Not Discharge Into The Environment'. They also include physical and chemical properties, first aid, toxicological data, carcinogenic data, etc. Where would be a good place on this site to do this?