flower switched to liquid celexa

flower

• Moderator Emeritus

I hope I can stay at 10mgs for a while and calm down.

Posted Image!

Being stable rules, may you soon find your stride. A very Merry Christmas to you Flower.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Thanks Skyler...I hope the mornings get a little easier...What do you think Summer did you have some rough mornings for a while?

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

Not stable today....

Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.

Yes, I had some rough days for awhile but then it got better. I still have rough days but push through them. We have rough days whether we are on an AD or not. It's how you choose to get through them that matters. This is where being positive plays a key role. If the weather is nice try taking a short walk. It clears your head.

I don't know much about the other meds you take, or how much it interferes (or not) with the Celexa. That might be something to consider.

Have a nice Christmas.

Charter Member 2011

• Moderator Emeritus

I am hoping that you can get some stability over the next few days flower

and happy holidays to you and yours

Started in 2000 - On 150mg most of the time, (but up to 225mg at highest dose for 6 months in the beginning)
Reduced off easily first time - but got depressed (not too much anxiety) 6 months later
Back on effexor for another 9 months.
Reduced off again with no immediate w/d - suddenly got depressed and anxious ++ again 3 or 4 months later.
Back on effexor - this time for 3 years
Reduced off over a month - 6 weeks later terrible anxiety - back on.
Rinse and repeat 4 more times - each time the period before the anxiety comes back got shorter and shorter
Jan - July 2012 75mg down to 37.5mg;, 8/3/12 - 35mg. 8/25/12 - 32mg. 9/11- 28mg, 10/2 - 25mg, 10/29 - 22mg, 11/19 - 19.8mg; 12/11 - 17m,
1/1- 15.5mg; 1/22 -14mg, 2/7 14.9mg, 2/18 - 17.8mg - crashed big time: back to 75mg where i sat for 2 years....

4th  March 2015 - 67.5mg;   31st March - 60mg;  24th April - 53mg; 13th May - 48mg; 26th May - 45mg;  9th June - 41mg; 1 July- 37.5mg; 20 July - 34mg; 11 August - 31mg; 1st Sept - 28mg;  1st Dec - 25.8mg;  28th Dec - 23.2mg; 23rd Jan-21.9mg; Feb 7th- 21mg; March 1st - 20.1mg, March 30th - 18mg

I read here about fish oil and if it would cause withdrawal..I took it for about 30 days and stopped.I DO believe I had issues related to WD from it. I thought at first it was changing brands but I'm not sure. I'm going to try to take it again to see if any improvement but it all makes me nervous. Still trying to stabilize on 10mgs of Celexa. Getting ready for 12 inches of snow here...

I read here about fish oil and if it would cause withdrawal..I took it for about 30 days and stopped.I DO believe I had issues related to WD from it. I thought at first it was changing brands but I'm not sure. I'm going to try to take it again to see if any improvement but it all makes me nervous. Still trying to stabilize on 10mgs of Celexa. Getting ready for 12 inches of snow here...

Hi Flower,

I am wondering if you should take fish oil if you have any doubts about it especially since you are stabilizing on the Celexa?

I used to be a fanatic about taking it but stopped when it didn't seem to make any difference. I seem to take it or leave it so I stick with the Trader Joes brand.

Good luck with the snow. I thought we were going to get some but it doesn't look like it:)

CS

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

I think you're right about the fish oil,I'll skip it for a while...The tinnitus is still there in the morning.. I've never had that until tapering this time around...

I am hoping that you can get some stability over the next few days flower

and happy holidays to you and yours

Thanks Peggy..God Bless

Yes, I had some rough days for awhile but then it got better. I still have rough days but push through them. We have rough days whether we are on an AD or not. It's how you choose to get through them that matters. This is where being positive plays a key role. If the weather is nice try taking a short walk. It clears your head.

I don't know much about the other meds you take, or how much it interferes (or not) with the Celexa. That might be something to consider.

Have a nice Christmas.

Merry Christmas Summer

Merry Christmas you guys and thanks for all the help.. Heard California is getting some snow too. Alto,Skyler good things happen to good people...

• Moderator Emeritus

Merry Christmas you guys and thanks for all the help.. Heard California is getting some snow too. Alto,Skyler good things happen to good people...

LOL, except I'm in Massachusetts and we are not getting snow! Hope you are enjoying your day. Posted Image

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Went for a long ride yesterday..400miles I became very motion sick..Tinnitus this morning again and hives last night and this morning..Sure hope this levels out...10mgs and holding.

• Administrator

Fish oil does not cause withdrawal.

If it makes you feel better, keep taking it.

You may have felt worse when you stopped because it is helping you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thanks Alto...Still adjusting to 10mgs, vistiril last night helped the dizzy and vertigo. I'm a little calmer right now but will see how it goes when I take AM meds. Tinnitus still an issue. Pins and needles in arms and feet. Sweating again..that had resolved on a lower dose. Hope the tinnitus doesn't stick around.

Tinnitus may be an issue for awhile. I have it also... sometimes loud and very annoying when I allow it to be. Simply put... I ignore it. It rarely, if ever, causes major annoyance. I have a white noise machine in my bedroom and find it very soothing, and it also helps the Tinnitus. The more you think about it, the more annoying it gets. As I type this, I'm realizing that it's quite loud but normally wouldn't have thought about it.

May sound very simplistic, but you have to ignore it. The more you think about it the louder it seems to get.

I hope today is a good day.

Charter Member 2011

I came here this morning to gain strength again. I need to be reminded I'm in withdrawal. The vistaril got me some sleep so now it's time to get back to business. Summer and I have sterio,so to speak, from tinnitus lol. I have to stabilize at 10mgs..I hate sleep panic and the morning anxiety. The vistaril helps with that but I know it will still be there waiting for me. I'm motion sick all the time. Is this common for a few weeks? I guess I should be thankful I didn't take Paxil.I read of so many trying to get off paxil. I'm afraid I'll be dead before I get off this crap.

I guess I have to get use to the fact this is what it is until I'm done tapering. I'm so tired of being sick.

• Moderator Emeritus

I guess I have to get use to the fact this is what it is until I'm done tapering. I'm so tired of being sick.

Flower, this is not 'what it is' until you finish tapering. This is 'what it is' until you stabilize, at which point you should feel mostly if not entirely better. This is why, when you start to taper again it's important to go very slowly. While the process of tapering can seem 'forever', you don't need to feel the way you do now unless you make injudicious cuts.

I'm sorry it's taking you so long to stabilize, that's the pits. You just updosed to 10 mgs, and every time the dose is changed, the time for stabilizing resets, and the whole process is that much longer. This why Alto wanted you to hang in there at a lower dose. Your doc did not do you any favors by telling you to titrate up further. Anyhow, what is done is done, so now stabilization starts yet again. But flower, for goodness sake, don't jerk your dose around any further. Merciful Heavens, give it a few weeks with NO changes.

I have tinnitus and when I push the taper it can get much worse, when I ease up it's more tolerable. It's very tricky and gets worse when the dose is changed, either increased or decreased.

Skyler I realize this is true..I just read Dr Healys account of WDing. I copied it and am taking it to my Doctor. She needs to see it..I will figure out how to do this slowly..10mgs and holding..Thanks again Skyler,I get a little down sometimes.

I didn't know how these SSRIs are different in potentcy..Paxil and Effexor being the worse. I guess I'm kind of lucky to be on one of the less potent. I know I will not ever be on another one. I will have to WD from Celexa..I never got dizzy like this WDing in the past.Constant motion sick. Almost like morning sickness when I was pregnant.I couldn't imagine getting pregnant and having to stop one of these..It's hard to believe I can stabilise after being so sick.I can hardly wait. My legs have become restless with this updose. I'll endure for a few weeks and begin again.

• Moderator Emeritus

It's hard to believe I can stabilise after being so sick.I can hardly wait. My legs have become restless with this updose. I'll endure for a few weeks and begin again.

Sorry to hear about RLS... have you tried magnesium? That's a life saver for me.. don't know how I'd cope otherwise.

You may need several months to staiblize, before you can start tapering.

Does the 'motion sickness' respond to dramamine? Sounds miserable.. hopefully this will pass soon. All the more reason to go real slow from here on out. Doctor Healy is good, but he does go too fast for many.

flower... not sure what you meant when you said you'll wait a few weeks and then begin again. I hope you didn't mean tapering the Celexa. I'm not your doctor and don't know as much as many here about tapering, however, if I were you I wouldn't think of tapering for a very long while. I'm thinking maybe as long as six months. You really need to give yourself/your body a chance to stabilize and not continue to change doses.

On the days or even moments when you feel a little better, go for a walk or shopping or 'anything' that tends to lift you up a little.

Charter Member 2011

I know I have to stay put a while Summer I just get tired of being sick. I woke this morning feeling a little better but now I'm getting sick again. It's almost time to take the Celexa. I remember I'm WDing and I'm on 10mgs not 20. I'm trying not to whine. I read about Jason this morning and can see some of myself. I'm getting dizzy again.I did get some dramamine yesterday. Will give it a try. Just to mention,my Doctor did talk about a quick exit from Celexa if it continues to make me so sick. That scares me. I noticed alot of familiar side effects with the updose to 10mgs. My feet hurt more and the burniing in my right calf is back. I talked with a friend yesterday who told me how she CT Lexapro and Wellbutrin. She stayed drunk for 2 weeks,and was crazy. Then it was done. She takes atarax for any anxiety. which is not often...Wish I could be so lucky. I feel as though as long as I have any of this drug in me the healing will not begin. It's hard to stick with the program but I am.

I think I'll say a prayer today. My hubby works at the Catholic church. They've said many for me...

I hope the liquid Celexa stays good for a while so I have it in the future.

Since Dr Healy said most ADs are overprescribed there should be no good reason why I can't stabilise at 10mgs. Has anyone here stabilised at this dose after tapering too fast. Any good words right now would help.

• Moderator Emeritus

error, sorry

• Moderator Emeritus

I noticed alot of familiar side effects with the updose to 10mgs. My feet hurt more and the burniing in my right calf is back. I talked with a friend yesterday who told me how she CT Lexapro and Wellbutrin. She stayed drunk for 2 weeks,and was crazy. Then it was done. She takes atarax for any anxiety. which is not often...Wish I could be so lucky. I feel as though as long as I have any of this drug in me the healing will not begin. It's hard to stick with the program but I am.

Flower, the new dose is too much for you. You felt better on, I'm losing track (LOL, if I'm confused, can you imagine how your neuroceptors are handling the varying doses?) because you made so many changes, was it 7.5 mgs or 7 mgs of celexa, and that was only a few days back? Alto, if I am incorrect that a roll back to the last best dose is the correct action, please weigh in.

Your situation is NOT the same as your friends and getting the drug out of your system will make you worse for possibly months or longer.

People stabilize on ADs, specific doses vary according to each individual's circumstances, stabilization happens for virtually all of us. The longer we jerk doses around, the longer we remain unstable. You were told this before, on several occasions. Go back and reread the tread. You are forgetting because you are panicking, but you are not helpless.

Look at the edit option, next to where you do quotes.. you can edit posts and don't need to make a new post every couple of minutes. If you just add a time, with EDIT, as I have done here, folks will know you added something new.

EDIT 9:53 AM

I've been 8days at 10mgs..I know I've been jerking around the dose but I thought an updose slowly would be a better thing. My intention was to go to 7.5 and stay there but that didn't work. Soooo here I am. I will wait. The last time I felt better was on 10mgs but this time it's not the same. I'll give this some time. Forgive me for whining.

• Moderator Emeritus

I've been 8days at 10mgs..I know I've been jerking around the dose but I thought an updose slowly would be a better thing. My intention was to go to 7.5 and stay there but that didn't work. Soooo here I am. I will wait. The last time I felt better was on 10mgs but this time it's not the same. I'll give this some time. Forgive me for whining.

But flower, you did not updose slowly. Alto had you going by cautious .5 mg. increments and you suddenly went up to 10 mgs. You have not stayed long enough at any dose to let it work.

No dose will feel the same now as you are nerosensitized, at least not until you are stable. Every post made to you on this forum has been about this, in one way or another. And you are not whining, but only giving in to panic, and continuing to do so will keep you in WD.

Edited 10:23 AM

Okay I'm going to cry now..I think a drive will do me good.Do you mean I won't be able to stabilise now if I stay at this dose? I did what the Doc ordered and messed up again.

• Moderator Emeritus

Okay I'm going to cry now..I think a drive will do me good.Do you mean I won't be able to stabilise now if I stay at this dose? I did what the Doc ordered and messed up again.

OMG.. Flower, you will not stabilize if you don't HOLD at one dose. PICK ONE. The primary reason you have been advised to choose one over another because of the level of WD symptoms, and not because there is only one road to Rome. Ask Alto for her input at this point, because you may be having side effects from higher doses of Celexa. She cautioned you a ways back that there could be an interaction between Trazadone and Celexa.

Don't cry, get a grip on yourself. Your only enemy is your panic.. you had issues with this sort of acute fear before you ever had WD?? You have the power to heal, we can tell you how, but cannot do this for you.

• Administrator

flower, you may stabilize at 10mg.

You have to decide how much time to give it and whether you feel better or worse at this dosage. If you feel worse than you did at 7.5mg, do not increase the dosage. Consider decreasing slightly, maybe by .5mg.

I think you may be in the difficult situation of having adverse reactions to Celexa but also getting withdrawal from reducing it. You have to figure out what is the best balance for you.

Whatever dose you're on, if you allow your nervous system to adjust to it, it is healing. The nervous system thrives on stability. Make changes gradually and treat it gently. Don't make any sudden big changes in dosage.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

That's a deal Alto...

• Moderator Emeritus

flower, i just want to say that i can sense your desperation to feel better - when we are in WD anxiety it is so much worse than normal anxiety and we keep seeking reassurance. I know because i have been there too. But the reassurance only helps for a nanosecond - then we start to doubt it, or worry about something else -usually worse than the original worry. As far as possible, try not to engage in the worry thoughts. Acknowledge them, but don't engage. They will eventually give up.

Also, I agree with Alto, maybe a small reduction of .5mg may help, you made a 25% increase when you went from 7.5 to 10mg. It may be too much for you in this sensitised state.

Started in 2000 - On 150mg most of the time, (but up to 225mg at highest dose for 6 months in the beginning)
Reduced off easily first time - but got depressed (not too much anxiety) 6 months later
Back on effexor for another 9 months.
Reduced off again with no immediate w/d - suddenly got depressed and anxious ++ again 3 or 4 months later.
Back on effexor - this time for 3 years
Reduced off over a month - 6 weeks later terrible anxiety - back on.
Rinse and repeat 4 more times - each time the period before the anxiety comes back got shorter and shorter
Jan - July 2012 75mg down to 37.5mg;, 8/3/12 - 35mg. 8/25/12 - 32mg. 9/11- 28mg, 10/2 - 25mg, 10/29 - 22mg, 11/19 - 19.8mg; 12/11 - 17m,
1/1- 15.5mg; 1/22 -14mg, 2/7 14.9mg, 2/18 - 17.8mg - crashed big time: back to 75mg where i sat for 2 years....

4th  March 2015 - 67.5mg;   31st March - 60mg;  24th April - 53mg; 13th May - 48mg; 26th May - 45mg;  9th June - 41mg; 1 July- 37.5mg; 20 July - 34mg; 11 August - 31mg; 1st Sept - 28mg;  1st Dec - 25.8mg;  28th Dec - 23.2mg; 23rd Jan-21.9mg; Feb 7th- 21mg; March 1st - 20.1mg, March 30th - 18mg