lexicon: off ADs for 2 months and in horrible distress

lexicon

Oh Lexi, I feel your suffering. I have been there so many times. I pray for peace for you.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lexicon

• abir

• Altostrata

• Meimeiquest

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, thank you flower ..Thank you for your support ..

Can you please tell me a little more flower? Why did you to this do many times? And what were the experiences you had?

And did you conquer it?

I am asking too many questions, because I feel a little scared ..

Wishing you to be well always ..xx

Hello,
I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.125 mgs.

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

but it did not work. So I resumed my taper and hold pattern.
For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

Lex, how are you today?

My blood pressure goes sky high when I'm feeling alot of anxiety or physical pain from withdrawal. Benz

Sept 12th 1992-began taking Imipramine (50mgs) for panic attacks.

Stopped Imipramine after 4 months (cold turkey).

7 months later experienced "mysterious" bad flu-like symptoms, although, without upper respiratory problems or fever. Because of this and a day of panic attacks, was put on Prozac (20mgs?) for 2 months and then, when that didn't work-was put back on  Imipramine,  plus Xanax 1 mg (4Xdaily)-October 1993.

March 1999-switched from Imipramine (50mgs) to Celexa.

2008-switched to Pristiq for 3 months, then back to Effexor XR (after bad reaction to the Pristiq).

Sept 1st 2010-Switched from Effexor XR (75mgs) to Effexor Generic (solid form) in preparation for taper.

Nov 15th 2010-Began tapering from 75mgs Effexor Generic.

January 13th 2014-.06mgs

April 17th 2014-      .03mgs

May 11th 2014-       .02mgs

Ended taper October 31st 2014

Oct 4th 2015-11 months post taper and completely back to normal!

Hi Benz, I was just coming to write you, to see how you are doing, when I saw the notice that you had written ..

Thank you Benz .. I am sorry about your blood pressure ..Mine is erratic since this ordeal began ..

Do you need to take medication to bring it down?

And how have you been feeling? Did you see that I am thinking to reinstate a small rose of Sertraline? What to you think?

Today, right off the gate, I have head issues .. Numbness at the crown, a slight headache, numbness on my face, anxiety, and am totally uncoordinated .. .dizzy ..

I wonder why I have not seen other people complaining of head issues ..Have you seen?

I wish that yours is a better day than mine .

Thank you for your communication and support Benz ..xx

Hello,

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

I would appreciate your response to the issue below please ..

I try to understand but I cannot wrap my ill head around it ..

When I saw my doctor the other night, he said that if my blood tests come back fine, than my problem is not a medical problem ..

Therefore, he said, he will treat my issue as a Psychiatric problem, and he will treat it without medication ..

The more I think about it, the more my brain cannot make sense of it ..Could it be that he does not acknowledge my withdrawal problems?

Can you please tell me what you think? I will be grateful ..

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Lex, Yes, I take BP medicine.

I don't think your doctor is dimissing your withdrawal systoms at all. He's just in the process of telling you that your problems aren't organic (aren't because of some underlying disease). That's good, you're ruling other possibilities (other than withdrawal, out). That he's not going to try and fix things for you with more medications sounds good, too.

So it's all probably coming down to the simplist answer (the one that's most often the right one)-your problems are being caused by withdrawal from antidepressants.

What you're going through is awful enough, but at least you won't have to wonder if some other bad thing is going on underneath it all. It's just withdrawal syndrome. And withdrawal syndrome, as bad as it can be-does get better and better over time (although in waves and windows) until it goes away completely.

From what I've read on this post, you are lucky your Dr isn't going to try throwing more of the same kinds of drugs at you-the ones that got you in to this fix in the first place. I think this is all very positive news.

By the way, I myself am feeling lightheaded and a dizzy today, alot of it in the front of my head-something to do with the switch to DIY liquid. Benz

7 months later experienced "mysterious" bad flu-like symptoms, although, without upper respiratory problems or fever. Because of this and a day of panic attacks, was put on Prozac (20mgs?) for 2 months and then, when that didn't work-was put back on  Imipramine,  plus Xanax 1 mg (4Xdaily)-October 1993.

2008-switched to Pristiq for 3 months, then back to Effexor XR (after bad reaction to the Pristiq).

Sept 1st 2010-Switched from Effexor XR (75mgs) to Effexor Generic (solid form) in preparation for taper.

January 13th 2014-.06mgs

Today, I have s terrible dizzy covering the top of my head, extending to the bridge of my nose .

It has knocked me down the better part of the day ..I am not able to walk at all ..

Some of my words come out backwards ..Such as ..What are you doing yesterday ..?!!

Also anxiety today, plus heart and stomach being anxious ..

Please someone who has gone through this, especially the head situation, what is it ..?

I seem to suffer a lot of head issues that I do not see other people complaining about ..

I would appreciate some peace of mind ...

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

• Moderator Emeritus

Lex,

I don't suffer from the head issues you have described - but my mum sure did when the doctor changed her medication from Effexor to something else.

She thought there was something seriously wrong with her and had all kinds of tests.

Then I showed her this site and she said: aha! THAT's what it is!

As for me, my words don't come out backwards but I often find myself mid sentence, unable to remember simple words such as 'frypan' or 'washing machine'. In stead all I can do is say 'can you please wash the...the...'thing'.

It feels like I'm starting the get Alzheimers disease.

But I know it's just withdrawal.

July 2001 prescribed 20mg citalopram for depression;
On and off meds from 2003-2006.
February 2006 back on 20mg citalopram and stayed on it until my last attempt at tapering in September 2011.
By far the worst withdrawal symptoms ever. Reinstated to 20mg citalopram
October 2012 - found this forum!
Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 did 10% taper, got doen to 11mg - was going great until stressful situation. Cortisol levels hit the roof, hideous insomnia forced me to updose to 20mg.
March 2016 - close to 100% back to normal!

****** I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience or reading and is only my perspective ******

Thank you basildev so much, you are certainly making me feel better ..

I too do the absent minded words, and wonder if Alzheimer's is in the cards ..

But I do wonder why it is that most of my distress is concentrated in my head ..I am sorry that your Mum went through it ..:(

I do have the rest, physical, neurological, breathing issues, anxiety, but the head is most worrying ..This was the problem when I was taking AD 'S.. head distress ..

I will be starting to reinstate a low dose soon ..Praying that it will help me ..

I am grateful for you responding ..Thank you ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

• Moderator Emeritus

Lexi,

It's hard to say why most of your issues are concentrated around the head area - I guess we're all different. Mine is mostly insomnia. It hits us all in different ways I think.

I think reinstating a small dose is an excellent idea - it may help relive some of your symptoms

Keep us posted on how you do:)

July 2001 prescribed 20mg citalopram for depression;
On and off meds from 2003-2006.
February 2006 back on 20mg citalopram and stayed on it until my last attempt at tapering in September 2011.
By far the worst withdrawal symptoms ever. Reinstated to 20mg citalopram
October 2012 - found this forum!
Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 did 10% taper, got doen to 11mg - was going great until stressful situation. Cortisol levels hit the roof, hideous insomnia forced me to updose to 20mg.
March 2016 - close to 100% back to normal!

****** I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience or reading and is only my perspective ******

Lex most of my symptoms have been in the head too. Pressure.ringing ears.dizzy. It's been a long time since I've had a clear head. It has to get better.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

I am grateful to you, basildev, tezza and flower, for your responses and support ..Thank you ..

I would like to talk about an issue that is of major concern ....It has to do with my. phobia reinstating with Sertraline ..

Since this ordeal started, I always had a problem with AD 'S, no matter which one I took ..All caused issues when I was on them, especially with my head .. I had depression, dizziness , ataxia ..I really felt like I was being poisoned, or that they were causing some sort of toxicity to my system ..

When Sertraline was added to cross taper Paxil, things went from bad to worse ..No matter the dosage, I was consistently ill ..

Various doctors I went to, including 3 psychotrists, could not make a diagnosis, as to what was happening to me ..I was hopeless, especially when a psychiatrist I was seen at the time., told me that " if he knew what the problem was, he would retire "..!!

I was debilitated, suffering what appears now to have been prolonged, daily withdrawals of some sort ..

It was at this time, for over a year, that the Ativan use went up, from an occasional as needed "to 4 a day ..

I suffered for over a year this way, not able to care for myself, wheelchaired to appointments, etc.

And so I entered rehab ..Only to come home with pretty much the same head woes, and then some ..

And so, I am frightened of Sertraline ..I worry that it I use it to reinstate with, that my system will recognize it, and I will be incompensated again ..

And so I stall, because of this fear ..A dear friend is coming to help me with the pills I have, and to show me Mg and ml ..I am having anxiety thinking about this dreaded. Sertraline. :( I wish I had Lexapro, but I do not ..

I would appreciate any one reading this, to please tell me what you think ..

I feel grateful for this site, the wonderful staff, and the lovely, caring people here, who always offer support ..

Please forgive me for this huge text ..

God bless everyone ..

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Yeah, I feel pretty good today. Moring and afternoon I felt very close to healthy and normal. But soon after the second dose, I got that feeling again that I'd taken too much.

Doesn't seem right, but the liquid may hit me faster than the powder did. Don't know why that would be the case, since neither form is time release and I took always took the powder with a glass of water.

Anyway it's just a dizzy feeling, and will probably go away as I get further from the time of the 2nd dose.

Hope you're doing better today, Benz

January 13th 2014-.06mgs

• Administrator

lexicon, the idea is to reinstate with a very low dose, to limit the possibility of adverse reactions. Before, you were given much higher dosages of drugs.

Adverse reactions are dosage-related. The higher the dosage, the worse the reaction.

If it causes you such fear to reinstate even a very small amount, don't do it. Your fear alone will cause you to feel worse.

I have urged you many, many times to see Dr. Shipko. He is one of the few doctors in the world who deal with withdrawal syndrome, and he's not too far from you. We're just an online forum, we can't support you the way a concerned doctor can.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

It is with immense gratitude that I welcome your caring and support Alto ..

A friend is coming today, to help with the pills ..

Thank you always for suggesting that Dr. Shipko can help me ..I would like nothing than to be able to see him too ..It is just that at this time, I have not been able to pull it together ..But the word is out. ..

I appreciate you and your vast knowledge, I appreciate this site, and all the caring and supportive staff and people ..May God bless each of you, for this wonderful work that you do ..

I pray that until am able to see the doctor, that someone from here will come to my rescue, when the going. gets tough, just as they have been ..

Thank you, and may God heal each of us who are hurting ..

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Lexicon, what I meant earlier is what Alto is saying here: reinstating SMALL AMOUNTS of 1 med until you feel better. Only when you are stabilised and feel the least side effects as possible, you begin tapering again but MUCH SLOWER. Always SMALL AMOUNTS.

I hope this clears it up! Alto says it a lot clearer than me! :)

And what I am sure of is you need to give your body what it needs through veggies ++, greens ++, water ++++!!! Fish and garlic!!

Take care!

Athena

2000-2001: Effexor              2005-2012: Celexa, Zoloft, Effexor, desipramin, Wellbutrin, mirtazepin, Lamictal, Remeron, Abilify, nortriptylin, Cipralex, Cymbalta, and others I don't remember. Really bad side effects to all.
Sept-Nov 2012: Paxil 20mg, Wellbutrin 100mg, Imovane 5mg      Nov 2012: Paxil 20mg --> 10mg
Dec 2012: Paxil 10mg-->0; 1 week later: HUGE WD symptoms. Started to get informed on the internet and back to 10mg Paxil.
Dec 2012-Jan 2013: Paxil 10mg, Wellbutrin 100mg, Imovane 2.5mg        End Jan 2013: P 9mg, W 100mg, I 2.0mg
Feb 2013: P 8mg, W 100mg, I 1.5mg      April 2013: P 7mg, W 100mg, I 1.25mg       May 2013: P 7mg, W 90mg, I 1mg    

June 2013: P 7mg, W 80mg, I 0mg       July 1/2013: P 7, W 70     July 22/2013: P 7, W 60             Aug 2013: P 7, W 50       Sept 2013: P 6.1, W 50     Oct 2013: P up to 6.3, W 50     Nov 2013: P 6.2 to 5.9, W 50      Dec 2013: P 5.9, W 40      Jan 2014: P 5.3, W40        Feb 2014: P 5.3, W 30      March-April 2014: P 5.3, W 26    May 2014: P 5.3, W 20        June 2014: P 5.3 W 15     July 2014:  P 5.3, W 14       Aug 2014: P 5.3, W up to 15     Sept 2014: P 5.3, W 14    Oct 2014: P 4.8, W 14      Nov 2014: P 4.3, W 14     Dec 2014-Jan 2015: P 3.9, W 14     Feb 2015: P 3.9, W 12    March 2015: P 3.6, W 12   April-May 2015: P 3.3, W 12    June 2015: P 3.3, W 10    July 2015: P 3.3, W 8   Aug-Sept 2015: P 3.3, W 6   Oct 2015: P 3.0, W 6   Nov 2015: P 2.7, W 6   Dec 2015: P 2.4, W 6   Jan-Feb 2016: P 2.4, W 5  March 2016: P 2.2, W 5   April 2016: P 2.2, W 4   May-June 2016: P 2.2, W 3  July 2016: P 2.2, W 2  Aug 2016: P 2.2, W 1  Sept 2016: P 2.2, W 0!!  Oct 2016: P 2.0   Nov 2016-Jan 2017: P 1.8  Feb-Mar 2017: P 1.9  April-May 2017: P 1.8   June 2017: P 1.6 July-Dec 2017: P 1.5  Jan-April 2018: P 1.6

Others: Cytomel 25mcg (thyroid), vit. C, vit D, Omega-3 fish oil, Magnesium bisglycinate , Melatonin 1mg, 81mg Aspirin, Milk peptides, L-theanine, Valericalm tincture mix, scullcap tincture, Suan Zao Ren (jujube seeds)

Athena thank you so much for your support and encouragement ..:)

I smiled when I read your suggestion to eat garlic among other yummy things ..:)

I am Greek, and garlic is always included in meals ..:)

Wishing you to feel better soon ..and for God to look after you and heal you ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Hi Benz, thinking of you and wishing that you are feeling great ..

Wishing you a quite, good day ..Lexicon

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Alto, thank you for looking after my well being ..I am grateful, to you and this site ..

A friend may be able to drive me to see Dr. Shipko. I will call him today again ..for the first week of May ..

May I ask you Alto? I was reading some threads of yours from 2011, where you talk about taking Lamictol ..

Are you still?

Maybe I can be helped with that too ..

Wishing you a happy day ..

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

• Administrator

No, I finished tapering Lamictal in December.

Lamictal may or may not be the right thing for you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Lex, I had a peaceful night's sleep and only feel some mild anxiety today so far. Hope you're doing well, too.

January 13th 2014-.06mgs

Alto, why do you think it may or may not help me?

Do you think reinstating 2 Mg may be better?

I had a hard talk with me, and am trying very hard to put the medications phobia aside ..

Also, yesterday I found the liquid Ativan,at the University Pharmacy ..I will start tapering it, very very slowly ..I inquired from a couple of people from the site who had successfully tapered off benzos to give me some help, but sadly there were no responses.. God bless them ..

Thank you Alto ..

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

I am delighted Benz ..Good for you ..

I am 3 months removed from the day the AD 'S were dropped ..

I think symptoms have eased up a tiny bit, but my head issues are still here ..but I would say not as intense ..

Please keep up the good work ..Praying for you ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Alto,ever since I was put on antidepressants, I had problems ..Some of those problems linger around today ..

I have always thought that they did not agree with me. ..Do you think that the problem was that my system is allergic to serotonergics?

This concern is on my mind, this is why I have the phobia of touching antidepressants again .. Thank you for your expertise Alto.

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

• Administrator

lexicon, any medication for withdrawal syndrome is unpredictable, but reinstatement of the drug you've withdrawn from is less unpredictable than others.

Reinstatement sooner is better than reinstatement later.

Your situation and questions are too complex for me to resolve for you. It's very important that you see Dr. Shipko as soon as possible so he can give you the attention you need.

• Moderator Emeritus

I can relate to the 'medication phobia', Lexicon. Sometimes I feel a kind of physical revulsion when I'm taking my Effexor, as if I were poisoning myself. Sadly, I really do need it at this point.

While we didn't have time to really cover any logistics (I moved to New Orleans) I found Dr Shipko very helpful when I met with him. Try to see him and tell us how it goes.

3 Years 150 mgs Effexor

2 month taper down to zero

3 terrible weeks at zero

Back up to 75 mgs

2 months at 75

6 or so months back to regular dose of 150 - was able to restabilize fine.

3 month taper back to zero

1 HORRENDOUS week at zero

2 days back up to 37.5

3 days back up to 75

One week at 150 - unable to stabilize.

Back down to 75 mgs

At 75 mgs (half original dose) and suffering withdrawal symptoms since October 2012.

"It is a radical cure for all pessimism to become ill, to remain ill for a good while, and then grow well for a still longer period." - Nietzsche

Thank you dear Nar, I appreciate your encouragement in regard to Dr. Shipko, and am trying

to go see him ..

I wonder ...Was it your idea to go see him? Or were you prompted?

If you were prompted, was it like a do or die situation?

This is how I feel ..That it is imperative to go see him or something terribly bad will happen ..And it causes me anxiety ..

I also would like to thank you, for acknowledging my phobia in taking the antidepressants ..

I suffered while on them, and now again ..

And I have always wondered if there was some toxicity caused to my system ..

Today, my neurological issues are acting up ..tiredness, tingling beneath the skin, dizziness ..weakness ..

Have you experienced these symptoms?

I would again like to send you my appreciation for your care .. and my gratitude ..

Wishing wellness for you ..and may God bless you always ..

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

• Administrator

It's not that something bad will happen if you don't see Dr. Shipko, it's that it seems you are suffering terribly and as an online community, we can't do anything to help you.

Thank you for clarifing that Alto ..What anxiety the implication caused ..!!

Dr. will be out of town., till mid May ..We will connect after he returns ..

As far as you saying that you cannot help me, you have and are ..

It is heartwarming to see how staff and people who are going through WD 'S rush to help a newcomer, or an old timer with their comfort and encouragement and advice. .

Any time I have written about a concerning issue, someone runs to the rescue ..This helps so much.!!

May all be blessed, and may all heal ..

Thank you for writing, I am grateful ..

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

• Administrator

How did your experiment with making liquid Zoloft go?

It was like the blind leading the blind ..!!

My friend is elderly, and I am not far behind ..We were both nervous ..!! It is a good thing that we saved a few pills ..

Soon I will need to learn how to taper Ativan.

It is a good thing it is available in liquid. .

Thank you Alto ..You are God 's right hand for us broken people ..

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Hi Lexicon,

Thanks for your note! Your posts seem to sound a bit better? Are you feeling any better? How is the head thing? I had some head problems soon after I went off an antipsychotic--not fun at all!

I have had 2 days without any nausea at all, but now I am getting cranky and startling easily, second night of trouble getting to sleep. Those are my signs of mania-type issues, so I will probably have to cut the Wellbutrin again. I am going off faster than I'd like, but the world is rather intolerant of mania (I wonder why, lol). But those problems are minor, both compared to other people's problems and symptoms in the past.

I hope you are able to get some good rest tonight. Thanks so much for keeping in touch.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Aww, meimei :) So good to find you here ..

I had missed your sweet personality, and presence ..

I am saddened that you are having troubles and sleepless nights. ..:( I hope that gets resolved soon ..

I admire your strength through your ordeal, and I try to remember this strength when my issues act up ..But I must say I fail ..:(

My situation started the 4 th month .. Some days are tolerable, with the same issues but on a smaller scale, while other days like today, are a beast to bear and get through :(

Today I am having the head issues, dizziness, the kind of dizzy I do not like because it prevents me from walking.:

Also the heart acts up, along with my stomach which today feels like it is vibrating inside ..Have you heard of this ..??

I know the heart is anxiety ..Or at least I hope that is what it is ..

And the breathing issues ..For some reason, my breathing only acts up during the day now, not at night ..I am grateful for this. ..

So maybe days like today are waves? What do you think.?

I cannot say how delighted I am to see you ..:) Please feel better ..Would cutting the Welbutrin help you? I will pray it does ..So that you can get some relief ..

Take good care meimei ..Sending you loads of hugs ..:) Lexicon

-

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Hi Lexicon,

I was just reading today of people writing that they were "vibrating inside", so I guess it happens. I'm sorry today has been so hard. I am so very glad you have an appointment with the "big doctor." If your serotonin levels got so high, it has to be very, very hard to get your brain reset.

I realized something about me: Lithium acts in a similar way to Lamictal. So I am probably having a much easier time than most people. And I still think it's hard.

I changed to immediate-release Wellbutrin, divided into fourths, in preparation for cutting the dose if I have to. I went to a new primary care dr. today (I just didn't go for years). There's a whole new level of condensation for people with psychiatric diagnoses who are cutting back on their meds....and I really don't care. I told the dr., "have you ever known of someone to come off a cocktail of psychiatric drugs who didn't find it difficult? Nausea and dizziness aren't going to hurt me." Of course it's worse than that, but he doesn't need to know that.

Hope you get some rest tonight!

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Lexicon, thinking of you, I hope you are feeling better and hopeful

have been on various antidepressants (many SSRIs, SNRI, MAOIs) for chronic fatigue syndrome for more than 17 years, was on zoloft 100mg for the last 2-3 years, tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
reinstating AD:
march 28: started on 25mg co-sertraline, took it for 2 days
april 1: 12.5mg ONLY FOR ONE DAY- STOPPED taking meds
april 9: started on 2.5mg co-sertraline
april 17: increased to 5 mg