lexicon: off ADs for 2 months and in horrible distress

lexicon

Aww good that you are done crying for the day ..Not me ..I got a scarry type dizzy ..my temples are feeling numb and weird ..

My legs do not support me, and am frightened ..I hope it is a variation of WD ..

Am crying too ..

I hope you have a peaceful night, and sleep well ..

xx

Hello,
I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.125 mgs.

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

but it did not work. So I resumed my taper and hold pattern.
For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lexicon

• abir

• Altostrata

• Meimeiquest

Top Posters In This Topic

Lexicon...

Does the Ativan help you at all? If it does maybe you should use it to get past some of this suffering.

You sound like such a sweet person. It bothers me that this doctor put you thru this.

Abir and Lexicon does it help if you can get outside for brief periodic walks?

In the book The Secret there is a woman who was diagnosed with breast cancer. Her solution in her treatment was to engage only in comedy shows, funny movies, and all day long she said this mantra "Thank you God for healing me."

Watch things like the cooking channels. You might be inspired to cook something which is a marvelous distraction.

I hope this helps :)

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Thank you Nikki for your suggestions... Yes I try to do a 15-20 minutes gentle walk every day no matter how exhausted I am... I believe that it helps even if i ended up crying The whole time..so yes I agree, Lexi when you feel strong enough (hopefully soon)you should try it too...

I hope we will all have a peaceful night so we can face the day tomorrow...

Abir

have been on various antidepressants (many SSRIs, SNRI, MAOIs) for chronic fatigue syndrome for more than 17 years, was on zoloft 100mg for the last 2-3 years, tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
reinstating AD:
march 28: started on 25mg co-sertraline, took it for 2 days
april 1: 12.5mg ONLY FOR ONE DAY- STOPPED taking meds
april 9: started on 2.5mg co-sertraline
april 17: increased to 5 mg

Dear Lexicon,

Thank you for your sweet note on my thread! I see here that your journey goes on and on so hard....I am so sorry.

I have been off this forum due to a problem with my job...which is actually a problem with me. But I am generally doing well enough. I will post the whole pitiful story when it is over. Everything is a learning experience!

Thanks again for remembering me.

Cyber hugs! Meimeiquest

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Thank you so much, for your sweet words of support and encouragement Nikki ..:)

Unfortunately, I am having problems with the Ativan ..It causes me grief with interdosing withdrawals ..I would like to start tapering it, but I have been told not too yet, because of the cold turkey WD 'S I go through now ..

I wish I could take a walk Nikki ..:( I suffer dizziness and am unsteady on my feet ..

How are you?

I am touched that you wrote, and wish you wellness, and peacefulness ..

God bless you ..xx Lexicon

Hello,

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

how are you doing Lexi??

have been on various antidepressants (many SSRIs, SNRI, MAOIs) for chronic fatigue syndrome for more than 17 years, was on zoloft 100mg for the last 2-3 years, tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
reinstating AD:

Aww Abir, since last night I have been having terrible fatigue.

I slept poorly too ..and have been crying a lot ..

How are you,? Is your anxiety a little better.? How did you sleep. ?

Yesterday I was thinking I was going to be brave to face this ...Today brave went out the window...:(

Thinking of you Abit, and wishing that today is s better day ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

i would not worry about the fatigue, it is expected, after all your body has been through...

you did not mention head problems, anxiety and breathing issues, does that mean those got better??

i am feeling a lot better today - no anxiety (had a little bit before noon only) and only cried once today :) i have a headache and very very tired but these i can handle :)

reinstating AD:

Awesome ..:) It sounds like you had a window Abir ..:) how wonderful is thar?

Wishing thar it will stay open from now on for you ..:)

Abir, my head issues are always there ..like s volcano waiting to errupt ..

My heart end anxiety are there too ..and the crying ..

Thank you for your emcouragememt about the fatigue ..You are so sweet ..:)

Sleep well ..all night ..thinking of you ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

How are you doing lexi

reinstating AD:

Aww, Abir ..here you are ...:) I worried so ..

How have these past few days been? Windows, I hope. ..

Nightmare here yesterday, and Friday in particular ..It was so very bad ..

And I have the Ativan to deal with ..It adds more symptoms ..

But I have been concerned about you ..Please tell me that you just took a few days away ..

Thinking of you, and sending you healing energy ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Hey Lexi, have you made a decision about Dr shipko? I encourage you to do your best to see him.... It is very important to see someone who knows how to deal with withdrawal and can help you decide on whether to reinstate or not....

Praying , like every night, that you will improve very soon

reinstating AD:

Abir, I send you a private message ..I wonder if you received it safely ..

Are you feeling a little better than earlier? I sure hope so ..

We are hurting Abir, but by all accounts it gets better.

This is what I say to myself too, but it is hard yo believe, when everything is against us ..

Lets try and stay strong.

I pray that you will be free of the anxiety ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

lexi, i emailed you... dont worry about replying, i know you are not feeling well enough to do that...

just concentrate on getting through the day, one day at a time, and dont worry about anyone else around you for now, they are much stronger than you and they can handle it....

reinstating AD:

Abir, are you better? How was your night and this morning .., much, much better, I wish ..

Hugs ..Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

hi Lexi, i am better today, the anxiety is very mild, and i don't feel the palpitations and tightness all the time... and i was able to sleep for at least 5 hours last night!!! i was surprised that i was able to sleep that much, pleasantly so of course...

are you feeling any better Lexi???

reinstating AD:

Abir, I am delighted to hear it ..:) You are in a window ..:) how awesome is that. ..:)

Praying that it will continue ..

I am dealing with breathing issues, shortness of breath, and some head issues today ..some depression too ..

Crying, but here and there ..

I hope you get another good night sleep ..

Have you decided what to do about tapering?

Thank you for the good news ..Sending you much love ..xx lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Lexi thinking of you...

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

me too, Lexi...

hoping that you have recovered from yesterday and you are better... hoping that you too are feeling better flower...

Abir

reinstating AD:

Hi Abir,

how are you feeling today? How did you sleep last night? Is the window holding open?

I sure hope so ..I hope that you are having a peaceful day ..:)

Am doing a tiny tiny bit better than yesterday ..I have my head issues, heart feels like it floods ( I wish I could understand what it means) ..Anxiety maybe,?

And am crying a little. ..

Thinking of you ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

yes i think it is anxiety... i have been feeling my anxiety mainly in my heart too since yesterday...

i slept ok, maybe 3 hours....... today, very tired, a little anxious, some crying but it is not the worst...

good that you are feeling a bit better, i hope this continues...

reinstating AD:

we do alot of crying don't we? I cry all the time..but not everyday like I use to. Stay strong Lexi.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

how are you doing Lexi?

reinstating AD:

Hi Abir,

I have been having issues ..for several days, I have not been able to find peace ..

Head issues, breathing, heart, burning stomach, neuro, and all come at once ..:(

I hope you are maintaining the window Abir ..How wonderful would that be. ..:)

Sending you many hugs ..xx

did you receive my message this morning ..? Xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

oh, i just checked and yes i received your message this time :)

i am ok - still having problems but they are not very very bad...

sorry that you are not seeing any improvement yet :(

reinstating AD:

You arr so very sweet Abir ..:)

Thank you ..:) Cannot wait for the day, when your windows stay wide open ..:)

Xx .. Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

How was your day Lexi?

reinstating AD:

Not a good day today Abir ..breathing problems, heart, dizzy, head ..

Am disgusted and crying ..

I hope yours is a better day ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Lexi, are you able to watch TV - I ask because I know on a bad day, even watching TV is not something I am able to do....

we need to distract ourselves from the way we are feeling... It is not going to go away anytime soon, unfortunately... And there is nothing that we, or anybody else can do to make us better.... If you can watch TV, listen to music or read, or eat chocolate or anything to take your mind off the way you are feeling, then do it.... It is going to be a long journey for you and for me and for anybody going through withdrawal....

I know it is easier said than done... And I don't mean to preach.... I am very bad at handling this, and I keep hoping that tomorrow when I wake up, everything will be back to normal ..... Instead let us just keep reminding ourselves that: this is only temporary, that we are not doing damage to our brain, it is the **opposite** in fact... And that we don't need to have a surgery or have chemotherapy in order to get better, all we need to do is rest, that is all...

I know the hardest part is that we are not **really** sure that we will get better and recover... We always have this doubt, what if our brain cannot recover... I am struggling with this all the time... But everyone seems to recover, and even if it took them years, they were able to handle their symptoms, it won't be **this bad** for years... The symptoms will become manageable if they don't disappear...

Maybe from now on, I won't ask how you are doing... I feel like I am putting pressure on you to feel better every time I ask... maybe instead I will remind you and myself that it is OK to be feeling so horrible now, that there is no real harm in that, and that we, you and I, we are not so special... We are like everyone else, we are suffering because this is the only way our brain knows how to heal ... And like everyone else, we will recover...

have a peaceful night Lexi...

reinstating AD:

Good morning Lexi,

What will you be doing today to help you get through the day? Maybe the breathing exercise? Maybe lie down and try to watch some TV?

Maybe writing to me or other friends who are going through the same thing and understand what it feels like?

Hoping that you will find something that will help you get through the day..

And Sending you good thoughts,

Abir

reinstating AD:

Hi my sweet Abir ..

But I need to talk when symptoms come up ..I need to talk about it, and get encouragement, to fight on, and keep walking ..

Otherwise, it would be like not confronting the beast that consumes you ..

I need to pray for you and me, and people who are on the same boat, hurting ..

I am not good at watching TV, my mind wonders ..

I enjoy doing some facebook she I feel better ..

These days. I am consumed with how to taper the Ativan safely ..It is hurting me, but I do not have many options with tapering it ..

And so, it consumes my thoughts ..I need to find a way to help myself ..

I am sorry, if I brought it back to negative ..

But The bright side is, I did write to you ..:) maybe I will write to flower too ..:)

You are my angel ..Thank you for your care ..

Sending you love, and many hugs ..Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Hi Lexi, I just wanted to let you know that I am reading your thread and thinking of you///how long have you been off the drugs now?

I wonder if its a good idea to taper the ativan yet, has alto or rhi given you any advice on this?

I am also suffering terribly and have been for a while and Im so sorry that you are also in this nightmare.

what are your main symptoms? mine are akathisia, anxiety, depression, depersonalisation and loads more. xx

damaged by citalopram - severe suffering for 3 years now...no improvement

akathsiia, pgad, dp/dr, terror, and so SO many more daily

severly disabled and lost everything

Hi Iggy,

Thank you for writing, and for your support ..I am sort you are caught in this nightmare too :(

But you are lucky, as you will be seen Dr.Healy soon ..!! That is awesome Iggy ..:)

My problems are mostly head issues ..dizziness, which knocks me flat ..I do have the

anxiety, heart issues and restlessness ..

It has been going on 5 months now Iggy ..

As for the Ativan, I try to gather some insight as to how to taper, but it is complicated for me, because of the

existing withdrawal. ..(

I have written to Rhi in the tapering section, under micro -tapering, but my post has been sitting there unanswered ..

I assume Rhi feels as I said above ..

Take good care Iggy ..We have to try and be strong ..

Sending you love ..I will pray for your well being....hugs, Lexicon

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

thankyou Lexi, I have already seen Dr Healy, I saw him 6 months ago, unfortunatly he cannot do anything to help.

I have been in acute suffering for 10 months now and am desperate for relief.

Im sure rhi will answer your tapering questions soon.

hang on in there. x

damaged by citalopram - severe suffering for 3 years now...no improvement

akathsiia, pgad, dp/dr, terror, and so SO many more daily

severly disabled and lost everything

I am sorry, if I brought it back to negative ..

no, you did not at all... i am *glad* that there is something that makes it better...

please drop me a line whenever you want.... feel free to complain about how you are feeling, to talk about your fears, frustrations, regrets, yell at doctors, ... whatever... if it makes you feel even a tiny bit better, than do it :)

about tapering Ativan: OBVIOUSLY i don't know much about this stuff, but i keep trying to read about tapering whenever the 2 brain cells i still have left are kind of pseudo-functionning......everything i read cautions about tapering when your symptoms are still too overwhelming...and your symptoms are, aren't they?

you are probably so eager to get rid of all these meds... you probably also think that tapering Ativan might actually help with your symptoms, especially that you said that you feel worse right after taking your Ativan dose... I don't know about that, hopefully the experienced people will give you their thoughts on that...but Lexi, what if tapering Ativan made your symptoms worse or added to your symptoms, would you be able to handle thatt?

anyways, needless to say, whatever you decide, you can always count on my support...

reinstating AD:

I was put on 10mg of lexapro in November 2004 when I was pregnant with my son (found out September 1) by my PCP. I can’t take birth control pills because the excess of hormones doesn’t mentally go over well. So now pregnant with raging hormones my anxiety was out of control…especially with self harm intrusive thoughts. The lexapro did help me. I was supposed to come off of it 6 months post partum but surprise….I found out I was pregnant again in November 2005 so the Dr had me stay on it just in case. I was supposed to come off at 6 months post partum. Well I had post partum depression with my daughter so I was told to stay on the lexapro with xanax. In 2006 I found out I have pcos and spoke to my Dr about coming off of lexapro. Out of nowhere he said I think you should stay on it being that you have GAD. Wtf??? I was so confused as to where that came from because i don’t meet the criteria for that, but I trusted the medical professional and stayed on it. Fast forward to last year still on the lexapro ranging from 10-20mg. I had gone to the emergency room because i had a massive anxiety attack in February to the point that I couldn’t breathe. After that i switched to a psychiatrist because obviously they should know these drugs better. My anxiety went through the roof in the winter of last year!!! It was as if my body was all of a sudden rejecting the lexapro.(started to feel overstimulated on both 10 or 20mg) So now over 7 years older I started to think for myself and requested to be taken off. My pdoc wanted me to stay on it because I was still having anxiety. Now getting diagnosed with ocd…no rituals just obsessive thinking. Wtf again??? I started to wean myself…went from 10mg to 5mg. After about a week I called my pdoc and told him I was on 5mg and ready to take the steps necessary to come off. He told me to drop it to 2.5mg for a week and stop and I won’t suffer withdrawal at all. Holy FML because I felt awful. Intrusive thoughts, anger, no patience, anxiety….just to name a few. I changed pdocs again and this Dr put me on a mood stabilizer 150mg of trileptal (anti-convulsant typically given to bipolar patients)(75mg in morning and at night) to help with withdrawal. I was off the 2.5mg within 3 days of taking the trileptal and the Dr was aware. I felt good on this for about a week and downhill I went. I was to wean off of the trileptal a month after starting it and I did try. Started feeling massive anxiety again and I went back to see the pdoc. She told me a month was long enough for the lexapro to be out of my system which seems odd considering I was on it for 8.5 years. She has now upped the trileptal to 300mg. I am not bipolar and don’t fit the criteria but supposedly trileptal helps with anxiety also. I feel crappy even on this new dosage and am wondering if the withdrawals could be breaking through even though I should be withdrawal free at this point. I don’t know what to believe anymore because all of my research differentiates from what the Dr said. Any thoughts? Sorry so long. I am sensitive to medications. The lexapro did help effectively for years but being diagnosed for these things is so strange. Fine I had intrusive thoughts in the past but not this strong and more hormonal based. After 8.5 years of usage and being off for a month I’m wondering if my brain has seriously stabilized by now??? I have an appointment with a new psychologist tomorrow.My symptoms now are anxiety, trouble sleeping, depression, etc. Worse then I have ever felt. I have 3 beautiful children and a great husband….I know I need better coping skills and positive thinking but it’s hard when you want to curl up in a ball. Socially I am having issues which is so funny to me because I majored in public relations in college. I love people….well not now.