lexicon: off ADs for 2 months and in horrible distress

lexicon

I cannot even think Abir ..:(

I have the most awful head attack going on 4 hours now ..

Numbness, my brain feels like moving in different areas,

Those bands that tighten around my head are back today .. stabbing type pains here and there, especially my temple area.

Extreme dizzy, and lots of crying ..:(

I am sorry your day is not better today ..hopefully later on in the day it will get better.

Thinking of you Abir ..lets try and stay strong, even if too fatigued to care ..:(

xx hugs

Hello,
I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.125 mgs.

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

but it did not work. So I resumed my taper and hold pattern.
For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lexicon

• abir

• Altostrata

• Meimeiquest

Top Posters In This Topic

i know how those days feel (although i don't get those horrible head symptoms that you get) but i understand the total despair and the feeling that you can't take it anymore....Lexi, this is just a bad day.. you had so many of them, i know... but there will be better days... it seems that month 5 or 6 after stopping the meds are the worst...after that, you will start feeling better...

hang in there, Lexi... we just have to go through these awful days in order to get to the good days...

i know, it is so hard now.. but things will start changing soon... they will.. this will pass...

hugs and healing thoughts

Abir

have been on various antidepressants (many SSRIs, SNRI, MAOIs) for chronic fatigue syndrome for more than 17 years, was on zoloft 100mg for the last 2-3 years, tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
reinstating AD:
march 28: started on 25mg co-sertraline, took it for 2 days
april 1: 12.5mg ONLY FOR ONE DAY- STOPPED taking meds
april 9: started on 2.5mg co-sertraline
april 17: increased to 5 mg

Abir, where are you ..? How are you ..?

Thank you for all the kind and caring words ..I was touched and weepy ..

Today, is a semi quite day, with the head symptoms looming in the background, but not acting up ..

Thank the Lord ..But I do feel so very fatigued ..Like recooping from yesterday ..

How are you feeling today ..,? I hope you are having a peaceful and tranquil day ..Just relaxing ..

Thinking of you ..xx

Lexi

Hello,

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

That is good that your symptoms are not so bad today... Enjoy it but don't overdo it... And don't go on the treadmill :)

I hope you are able to go outside a bit today..get some fresh air..see the sun. This always helps

have been on various antidepressants (many SSRIs, SNRI, MAOIs) for chronic fatigue syndrome for more than 17 years, was on zoloft 100mg for the last 2-3 years, tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
reinstating AD:

• Administrator

lexicon, please describe your Ativan problem. Did you not discuss this with Dr. Shipko? He's an expert in benzo withdrawal.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you Alto,

I feel that some of my issues are caused by Ativan inter dose withdrawal.

About 40 minutes to an hour after each dose ( I dose 5 times a day.) I start to yawn, but I feel anxious and restless.

My head issues start., such as the dizziness, the breathing problems, the unsteadiness, the head pressure.

I also feel a lump in my throat, and have difficulty swallowing.

What symptoms I have from the SSRI withdrawal, are not covered by the Ativan.

I did mention this in a hurried fashion to Dr. Shipko, but time had tun out, something else was said, and we really did not explore options.

I had no opportunity to explain the problems above, so in passing he said that I needed to be stable, before tapering ..

I wonder if I can titrate very slowly and carefully ..

What do you think?

I am grateful, and appreciative for your care Alto ..

Praying for your well being always.

Lexicon

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

• Administrator

Yes, it sounds like interdose withdrawal. This might be causing many of your symptoms or making them worse.

I suggest you phone Dr. Shipko and ask for his advice. Ask him if he knows of a doctor closer to you who can help you.

I'm sorry I cannot give you the attention you need here, on Facebook, in e-mail, or anywhere else.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thinking of you Lexi.Another day behind our belt.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

Thinking of you Lexi.Another day behind our belt.

Thank you sweet flower .. :) I think about you, and pray for your healing ..Hang in there ..We have to keep walking ..Many hugs, Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

hello, sorry i have not been checking on you.. i think it is the B12 shot that I got last wednesday .. it just devastated me...made all my symptoms worse... hoping that this is not going to last for weeks.....

we will get through this lexi and flower... hang in there..

reinstating AD:

Abir, how are you?

Are you better? Have the symptoms giving you a break?

I sm so sorry that you are going through all that .. :( But you have to hang in there ..Remember? We suffer and it gets better ..

Thinking of you, praying that you got some relief ..

Many hugs ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Hi Lexi,

Yes we just need to be patient...

I am lying down all day, this makes the breathing easier...

And trying not to think about tomorrow or the future...

How are you doing today?

reinstating AD:

I am so sorry Abir .. :( But it will pass ..just hang in there ..

Abir,I have the head issues ..my breathing too ..it is terrible and scares me so .. :(

Also I just found out that I do not suffer from inter dose withdrawal, but from tolerance withdrawal ..

I queasy this means that no matter how much Ativan I take, it will not fix any problems ..The only option is to taper off ..get rid of it ..

And I am scared about that .. :(

Praying that you will feel better ..hugs ..xx...Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

aww, Lexi.. sorry you are feeling so bad...and i know, it is so much harder not knowing what to do...

i don't really understand the difference between the two types of withdrawal, but.. i thought, tolerance withdrawal means that your body got used to the medication, and so you would need a higher dose to get the same effect- isn't that what it means??

don't panic yet... try to get more opinions...i mean, if some of your symptoms are caused by or made worse by any kind of "withdrawal" from Ativan, then starting your ativan taper now would not make any sense.......

try to get a second opinion.. and a third.... don't start tapering yet... and try not to panic... i know this is easier said than done...hopefully you will get more opnions that would make your decision on what to do next a little easier...

hang in there Lexi... sending you healing and comforting thoughts...

reinstating AD:

maybe you should updose on your avitan and get stable before you think about tapering?

damaged by citalopram - severe suffering for 3 years now...no improvement

akathsiia, pgad, dp/dr, terror, and so SO many more daily

severly disabled and lost everything

You are so kind Iggy :)

Thank you for your thought ..I do not know what to do. I called Dr. Shipko, but he said that I need to continue seen him in his office, in order for him to help me .

This is not possible for me, because I do not drive ..

I wish someone from here would advise, or share their knowledge, but that does not look possible either .. :(

I feel saddened .. :(

You keep doing well Iggy ..I think of you, and wish speedy healing and comfort for you ..xx Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

could you ask Dr shipko if he could consult with you via skype? I thihnk he will do that? could you call him again and ask if he could skype with you instead of you driving to his office?

if you are in tolerance withdrawal then you need to updose to get stable, of course coming off would be better long term but that may be a bad idea as you are in a bad w/d from ADs, but im no expert thats for sure, but thats perhaps what I would do if I was in your position.

damaged by citalopram - severe suffering for 3 years now...no improvement

akathsiia, pgad, dp/dr, terror, and so SO many more daily

severly disabled and lost everything

I am no expert either but I agree with Iggy...

I know you just want to be off all meds but you need to stabilize first ..when you are better then you can start tapering Ativan properly..

reinstating AD:

Awww, Abir .. :) You are feeling better. :) So good to see you .. :)

Thank you for your care, Iggy's too ..

I am scared to updose actually ..As for Dr.Shipko, I offered to consult over the phone and he could bill my Insurance, but I do not think he was interested.

He did suggest I buy his tapering Xanax book ..

I have posted in tapering in this forum and hope someone will offer some guidance, but nothing yet ..

I send both of you many hugs ..And thoughts of healing ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Hi Lexi,

I think it is all in the tapering forum. But I know I am scared to advise you as this is still such a hard time. Alex once wrote that he wished he had followed the advice of waiting for 100 good days before starting to taper another drug. I will definitely try to make myself follow that advice. I am really so sorry this has been so grueling for you...you have been very brave.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Hi dear meimei,

You always come to cheer me up, by your presence, when I am at my lowest ..

Thank you fr thinking of me ..You are so very kind ..

Mei, I did post in "tapering " .My post is. "benzo tolerance withdrawal "

Unfortunately no one has responded .. :(

I do not know what to do with the Ativan ..As soon as I take the 10:30 am, dose, my symptoms escalate ..Then at the 2:30 pm dose, they become a complete nuisance ..

They subside after 7 pm ..

So I do not know what it all means ..it seems that my body objects to Ativan and it esponds ..

What do you think, now that you have a bit more info?

Thank you mei, I appreciate you very much ..Please keep well.

I think of you, and have you in my prayers.

Sending you many hugs, Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Hi Lexi,

I think you have the dubious honor of being beyond everyone's pay grade here as far as the benzo. I sure don't want to be the one to encourage you to jump from the frying pan into the fire :). And most doctors don't want the responsibility of assessing someone without seeing them...nonverbal communication is a big part. I think you could (1) get Dr. Shipko's book or (2) wait till you feel better. We all feel for you, you are going through a very hard time. Do you think you feel better or worse as time goes on?

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Hi mei,

I posted in the members only benzo discussion, and Skyler is helping me .. :)

I collected me another angel .. :)

How are you mei? I hope you are doing well, and moving along to healing and wellness.

xx Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

i guess your inbox is full again, i could not send you a PM..

anyways, just wanted to remind you to stay hopeful.... your ativan issues are complicated but you are also getting great advices and suggestions in the benzo forum, i am sure things will start getting better soon... there is a light at the end of the tunnel :)

reinstating AD:

Abir, You are so kind and sweet .. :)

Thank you for the encouragement so much ..This Ativan situation frightens me .. :(

Hopefully I can stabilize and start a taper.

How are you doing?

I hope that you are sitting in front of a huge, open window, enjoying the breeze. :)

Sending you love, and many hugs..xx

Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

i am still doing well.. i am just tired... brain dead .. but no complaints....

yes, the Ativan thing is not easy... it will take some time to sort out but it will happen... it will...

just take it one day at a time and before you know it, things will start to get better...

a month earlier, i felt stuck and hopeless, I thought that i will never stablize but it seems that i have...i am feeling much better now...

and you will too.... it is going to take some time maybe, but it will happen... just take it one day at a time and try to not let yourself worry about the future, you have enough to deal with just getting through the day...  things will get better, they will... xxxxxx

reinstating AD:

Abir, that is a wonderful blessing .. :) Music to the ears .. :)

You went through so much, but you are courageous and succeeded in getting better .. :)

Keep up the awesome work. :)

Thank you tot your sweet thoughts about the Ativan ..I am still confused as to what is happening ..But I feel grateful that Skyler and RU are helping ..

I send you a PM a few days ago, I hope you received it.

Praying that you will continue standing in front of an open, breezy window .. :)

Sending you love and many hugs ..xx

Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

hey, i just saw the PM today, and replied back...

Ativan issues: i know, it is confusing, but you will figure it out with skyler's help and the other's too... it will probably take few trials but eventually you will figure it out... i am sure of it :)

reinstating AD:

Hey Lexi,

keep up the good work, you are doing great re-adjusting your schedule with the guidance of those AMAZING ladies in your Ativan thread.. i hope you are feeling better now that you have a plan... things will take some time but they will fall into place eventually...

XXXX

Abir

reinstating AD:

I sent you a PM a few days ago and hadn't heard back from you?? I do have some info on titration or you. PM me when you can.

Aria

Unable at this time to correspond by private message.

Link to my Introduction thread: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2477-aria-my-psych-journey/

Reading my psychiatric records: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/5466-drugged-crazy-reading-my-psychiatric-records/

My Success Story is listed under "Aria's Recovery".

hey Lexi, I am still here, i check your ativan thread every day... it is good that you felt better a couple of days ago (sleeplessness is much easier to deal with than restlessness).... i still feel that you are on the right track... i think that spreading the dose throughout the day makes sense and hopefully after some time you will feel better... it especially makes sense for when you start tapering (so that your brain won't have to deal with the tapering as well as fluctuations in ativan levels in your blood throughout the day... be patient, things will get better.. you are on the right track now... just give it some time... i think that spreading the doses like that as well as waiting and giving your brain time to re-adjust are the best things you can do to make your tapering later more manageable .......

reinstating AD:

Hi Lexi,

i read that your symptoms were not that bad over the weekend (except for the sinuses).. that is good... i hope you will continue to do so as time goes by..

hugs

Abir

reinstating AD:

Hi Lexicon,

The krill oil brand I'm taking is Cleanmarine (I live in Ireland). It has been a godsend to my anxiety.

Hope you continue to feel well.

- O

1995-2008 Low dose of Klonopin

2008/09 Tolerance WD

2009/01 C/T of Klonopin

2009/3 30 mg Mirtazepin

2010/03 switch 60 mg Lexapro

2011/3 switch 60mg Cymbalta

2011/8 Quick taper of Cymbalta

2011/09 Back to 30 mg

2012/02 Start slow taper

2103/03 Medication free

I appreciate you thinking of me..I know times are rough for you too.You can do this Lexi I did...Prayers for us all.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

how are you feeling Lexi? do you continue to feel better??

reinstating AD:

Abir, I have missed you ..how are you? I hope that you continue to feel well ..

I have been praying for that ..

My issue is much better than it was ..But there are still symptoms to deal with ..

The hope is that I will be more stable as time passes, so that I can start the taper.

I look forward to the day ..

Please don't stay away too long ..write and tell me your news ..

I am delighted that you are enjoying peace, after all that you went through in this journey ..

Sending you much love, Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.