lexicon: off ADs for 2 months and in horrible distress

lexicon

Thank you so much Abir .. I have been taking it as prescribed ..Four a day every 4 hours ..( .05) Mg.

I have thought for some time thar it may be giving me a problem, and the doctor thinks so too ..but his idea of tapering is too quick ..So I have been trying to learn how to taper myself.

This distress today, am not sure it it is withdrawal, or Ativan .. or both ..

You are so kind Abir ..Thank you for running to help ..may God bless you always ..

Sometime ago I asked here if I should start tapering it .. But like you say my system needs to be stable from withdrawal, to start tapering the Ativan.

I have had it since 2007, but for several years I would only take one here and there ..

I started the 4 last year with the Zoloft problems.

I hope you are still in your window ..I pray that you will be able to sleep like a baby all night...

Thank you for your support Abir, and for looking up the info. ..

Sending you heartfelt gratitude ..xx

Hello,
I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.125 mgs.

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

but it did not work. So I resumed my taper and hold pattern.
For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lexicon

• abir

• Altostrata

• Meimeiquest

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Dr shipko will be able to help.... It is more complicated when 2 drugs are involved...

Don't know what to say, I totally understand your frustration...

It is hard.. Hopefully tomorrow you will be better, maybe that new product made your symptoms temporarily worse and an hopefully you will feel better once it is totally out of your system....

Will be thinking of you tonight...

Hugs. . abir

have been on various antidepressants (many SSRIs, SNRI, MAOIs) for chronic fatigue syndrome for more than 17 years, was on zoloft 100mg for the last 2-3 years, tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
reinstating AD:
march 28: started on 25mg co-sertraline, took it for 2 days
april 1: 12.5mg ONLY FOR ONE DAY- STOPPED taking meds
april 9: started on 2.5mg co-sertraline
april 17: increased to 5 mg

Hi Lexi (love that name--does it fit you?),

Another day down as you mark time until you see the dr. Thinking about your breathing....I remember it has been a problem since your first day here. I hope that means it is at least mostly a withdrawal symptom. Did you have it before you went off the AD? If not, that is a good sign.

I am plugging along, some hours better, some worse. I am thankful that I haven't gotten manic-y since my last dosage change. My husband wants me to start a blog...I think so I'll quit talking to him so much about this stuff. He way overestimates my current mental abilities.

Chatter here...after years of not seeing a general doctor, I went back. I had seen him briefly, then stopped to go to a holistic dr., then didn't want to see him because he missed a cancer diagnosis in an acquaintance. She saw him with early symptoms, when she would have only needed surgery. She ended up having to have surgery, chemo, and radiation. But I decided it would be good for me to have a doctor I know can make mistakes (I think he is generally a good doctor), that I have to decide for myself what is best to do. The nurse had a fit when I told her I was tapering off psych meds. Does your psychiatrist know? (Yes) Does he approve? (I don't know, I haven't asked him) Do you see him regularly (yes, all the time). He said I didn't look like I felt well--I told him nausea and dizziness wouldn't hurt me (don't we wish it was just that). But I could feel I had a lot more spunk than when I last saw him 7 yrs. ago. I really do think this whole process of un-medicating ourselves makes us stronger.

Hope you get some sleep tonight!

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Lexi ,I tried to email but that didnt work...I'm wondering about you...Hope you are better today than yesterday. I will read your journal later but I wanted to say I think of you often..So many good people here..Another day begins ladybug...We march on. Also the ativan can be overcome...I did it.You can do it. Do you FB?

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

Hope you are better today lexi

have been on various antidepressants (many SSRIs, SNRI, MAOIs) for chronic fatigue syndrome for more than 17 years, was on zoloft 100mg for the last 2-3 years, tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
reinstating AD:

Thank you for checking Abir ..You are so very sweet ..

I woke up with the apnea problems, like I was awakened to breathe ..Then when I got up this morning., my BP was high ..usually my BP is on the lower side ..This freaked me out, as it was way high ..

Twice before my blood pressure went sky high ..when the doctor tossed the 12.5 Sertraline, and when he tried to reinstate it two weeks later. .He abandoned the reinstatement after that ..

And today ..I wish I knew why. ..

I hope and pray that your window continued, and that you slept ..

You are dear to me, kind heart Abir. .sending you love. ..xx

Hello,

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

My window was closed..I was feeling OK and sleepy last night but I could not fall asleep until after 2am...as usual I fall asleep for maybe 20 minutes and wake up... I have been feeling a little anxious and really sleepy during the day but could not sleep. Sooooooo sleepy, but my body refuses to sleep.. So I am taking melatonin tonight and hoping that it will make me sleep not just more sleepy

reinstating AD:

I am saddened to hear it ..:(

I have been with you in thought and prayer ..

But the bright side is, more of these windows are in the horizon ..: :) just hold on ..They will return ..:)

Wishing you a relaxing night. And several good hours of sleep ..

Thinking of you and sending you angels to gently help you sleep ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Hi meimei, thank you ..:) I love reading your notes, as they are interesting, educational, and full of whimsy ..:)

meimei, ever since entering the 4th month since the antideprassants were gone, new symptoms keep pilling up.

The breathing problems I got after the tapering ..

But they are escalated now ..yesterday my blood pressure went up as soon as I woke up, in the morning ..I was feeling shaky and not good at all ..

Do not know the reason that my BP would go that high but I suffered the day before with all the new symptoms present .. So maybe. thats why ..

I get frightend some times, because most of my troubles see concetrared in my head ..I have not seen any people Here with this same problem ..I had this when I was on the antidepressants ..head problems ..To this day, simple things I cannot do ..showering is a huge task for instance ..

And being unstable trying to walk ..would these problems go away? I do not know ..:(

I pray that your days are good and trouble free ..You are a sweet soul, and I am grateful to be receiving your notes ..Sometimes I send you a quick note to your profile where all your friends are ..:) But I do not think you see those ..

Wishing you a blessed day, meimei. ..:) God bless you ..:) xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Lexi, I hope your night will be peaceful and you will be able to sleep without any issues tonight...abir

reinstating AD:

Thank you Abir, you are so kind ..It sure would be a blessing ..:)

I wish the same for you ..A peaceful and sleepy night ..

I hope your day is ending on a happy and relaxed note ..:)

Thinking of you ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Lexi, how are you doing? Did you make a decision on whether to reinstate or not? Or maybe you will wait until you see Dr shipko?

reinstating AD:

Oooh Abir, I am late responding. I have had two horrid days. ..:(

I have such weakness i cannot type even ..

Thank you for your thoughts about reinstatement.

I do not know what to do ..I got so frightened, that I thought of doing it ..

I hope your day was a good day. And I wish you a peaceful night ..

I pray that you have a sleepy night ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Sorry Lexi you are feeling so bad.. Have you thought of reinstating? Would that be an option? Going off this stuff so fast is a no no.. I will find you on FB this morning. Even a little something to help with the anxiety maybe for a few weeks. Maybe Alto will help. I will look for you today. Stay strong. flower.

Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.

i knew you must have been too weak to do anything... so sorry you're feeling so bad... i wish i can say or do something to make you better... all i can say is, hopefully things will get better soon... i was feeling so horrible this past month (actually since december i have been having horrible days so dont get discouraged if it is taking a long time to get better) and felt like i am stuck in this torture but things got better... i am better now... so i know you will get better too... even though i know you must be feeling so helpless and hopeless right now... like i did.... i know i can't make you believe what i am saying, and what others told us before, but even when it gets really bad it does not mean that we reached a point of no return... no matter how bad and desperate things get, they will get better, other people did, and i did and you will too .... very soon i hope... you are always in my thoughts and my prayers, i really hope and pray that you get a window very soon to give you some hope.... but please don't let yourself think that this is it, this is how you are going to be from now on, this is not true... you are suffering now, but things will change... they will... you will be better... hugs... abir

reinstating AD:

Aww Abir., thank you so very much for your support and encouragement ..I am weeping as I am reading your note ..

I do not know what happened, only that I was hit like a ton of bricks, with these debilitating symptoms.

Very scarry ..starting in my head, with terrible weakness in my whole body ..I trembled like a leaf, and worried to open my mouth., fearing that my words would come out scrambled ..

Kind of like having s stroke ..:(

You are so very sweet trying to lift me up ..and yes, when these painful events happen, and having no one to get assurance from, it is difficult to think that it will pass and be allright ..

I am delighted that you are getting better ..:) And that your symptoms are diminishing ..:)That is awesome ..:)

I will continue to pray, although I have not stopped ..

Wishing you a peaceful night ..lets hope for 8 hours of sleep ..:)

Bless you Abir.

You are my angel ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Lexi, how are you feeling? How was your night?

reinstating AD:

Hi Abir,

My night was sleepless for the most part. ..Could not breathe and had some anxiety.

I wish I could sleep during the day, but I am all wired up ..

The Ativan may be at fault for that.

I have this weakness Abir, that scares me ..mostly because it effects my mouth ..I worry to speak, thinking that my words may come out messed up ..

Still thinking of reinstating ..

Abir, how long passed for you before you reinstated the 2.5,?

Please forgive me it I repeat ..:(

How did the night go for you? Are you still taking melatonin,?

And how are you overall? I am trying to learn from you, so that I can decide ..

Wishing you s blessed easy going day ..:) xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Sorry you were not able to sleep...

I reinstated after 5 months... And it took a month before I started feeling better...that month was the worst...

Yes I am still taking melatonin, I will try without it on monday... I am still feeling OK.. I get really mild anxiety in the morning and I feel it a little bit throughout the day but it is not bad at all.

If you are going to reinstate, try your best to get a prescription for the dose you want so you won't have to worry about making The solution yourself and do all those measurements when you are too tired to think ....

reinstating AD:

How was your day Lexi?

reinstating AD:

Hi my dear Abir,

It was a day of distress ..breathing issues head issues, heart palpitations, dizziness and unsteadiness ..A bit of a headache too..

I worry that I may háve developed Ativan tolerance, which may be adding to my distress. ..

But enough of the negative ..Tell me about you :)

How was your day? Did you walk? It delights me to know that you are making progress ..:)

I hope that the night will be kind so you can sleep 8 hours, and I to sleep too ..

Thinking of you, and am grateful that you look in on me ..

God bless you always Abir ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

hi Lexi..I have been watching from afar...I hope you have a good day soon. I too am not feeling well right now. I will be in touch and I still can't find you on FB The name you gave me ,is it complete?

Lexi, I know it is really hard right now, but it will get better...

I am still feeling OK...last night I slept for 6 hours and also I was able to sleep for 2 hours before I woke up... The anxiety is a little worse today, a little stronger and has been constant since early morning but still manageable...

I still hope and pray that you will feel an improvement soon....

Flower: happy for you...and this keeps up all hopeful that things will eventually get better

reinstating AD:

Awww, awesome Abir. ..just wonderful ..:) Bravo ..:)

I wish that your day will go just as well ..:)

Yesterday and this morning I sm unusually weepy. ..With every little thing ...It bugs me ...hopefully it will go away. ..

Please keep in touch ..Sending you love, hugs, and blessings ..xx

Oooh, sweet flower ..I am saddened you are not feeling well too ..:(

What nightmare did we get ourselves into :( but hopefully, like Abir says, we will see the light at the end of the tunnel soon ..

I have you in my thoughts and prayers ..:)

Flower, yes that is my name ..

Please send me yours, so that I can send you a friend request ..

Have a peaceful day ..hugs

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Oh I am so sorry flower..I misread your post.. My stupid brain...I thought you said you too are feeling well... Please forgive me... I am so sorry...I thought that you are well too and was excited to see that more people are well....like we are winning the war on this...so sorry.... I hope you will feel better soon..

reinstating AD:

Lexi, I went through long period like this in December and January.. Was weeping all the time and for no reason.. I could not say a word to anyone without crying... I avoided talking to anyone..but that passed ... This is definitely withdrawal symptom and this will get much better too

reinstating AD:

Hi Lexi...how are feeling? Were you able to sleep last night? How was your day yesterday?

I am still feeling ok

reinstating AD:

Hi Abir,

So good to see you :) It is reassuring ..:)

I went early to bed, and slept till 4 ..on and off ..I still have the weeping even in the middle of the night ..!!

This morning my head issues are here, and some anxiety ..Also some naucea ..

Abir, how I wish my head problems to go away ..Or even lessen ..They are like second nature, constantly here ..:(

I am so very happy that you are better ..:) I have you in my prayers ..

Abir, are you still holding at 5mg? Will you stay there, or start tapering?

Wishing you a peaceful day today ..I will look in on you later on ..

Lexicon

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

I wish that your head problems and your other symptoms get better soon...

I am still at 5mg... Will not be tapering down any time soon ... I need to be able to sleep without melatonin, and also need my body to recover from the last 5 months before I start thinking about tapering again... I am still too exhausted..

And the anxiety today is a little worse than yesterday (but still a lot better than a week ago) I need it to completely go away and need to be anxiety-free for a while before I start tapering...

reinstating AD:

How was your night Lexi?

reinstating AD:

Oooh Abir, it was a restless night ..

My breathing was labored, and I had anxiety along with my head issues ..dizzy ..From this I know how the day will go .

I hope yours was much better, and today you have s bright open window ..:)

Thinking of you ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

I hope you are wrong and your day will be much better than you think...

I had anxiety since 6:30 am it is better now I think but still crying a lot...

reinstating AD:

Thank you Abir, but I wish ..:(

Abir I am sorry you have the anxiety ..:( Does your heart get involved? Mine does, and it gets exhausting ..

I also have the dizziness that does not allow me to walk ..So I stay on the couch like a lump ..:(

I am thinking of reinstating Lexapro ..last I saw the doctor he agreed, but to start with 1 Mg.

Reinstating frightens me ..

Please let me know how your day unfolds ..I pray that it will smooth out for you ..

Thinking of you ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Yes I feel the anxiety in my chest, stomach, arms and legs... But me having bad days should not affect your decision on reinstating... Even if you reinstate you will still get bad days but hopefully the bad becomes less bad and you won't get them as often...yesterday and today were a little bad but not nearly as bad as the bad days I had 2 weeks ago...

So your doctor is familiar with withdrawal symptoms and how to deal with them? That would be good, mine did not, he put me on 25mg because he thought that I was having anxiety that was masked by AD when I was taking them...

reinstating AD:

Abir, no it does not effect my decision to reinstate ..I just need to know what to expect ..

My doctor did not have a clue ..He is the one who put me in this protracted withdrawal to begin with.

I told him what I am suffering, and brought him texts on the subject written by respected doctors ..

So basically, I was kind of telling him what we should be doing so that I would feel better hopefully ..

I still have the Ativan to deal with ..:(

His idea about that, was to taper by cutting half the Ativan tablet ..I showed him the Ashton report, and said no, I will go very very slowly on the taper .. He said ok.

Are you better this afternoon Abir? I sure hope so ..I hope the anxiety lifted ..

We are about due for a HUGE window now ..:) Do you agree?

Thinking of you ..:) xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

I see... Good that you were prepared when you saw him...

Me: feeling a little better after 5pm... The anxiety is still here but I feel like I am done crying for the day...

How about you, feeling any better?

reinstating AD: