lexicon: off ADs for 2 months and in horrible distress

lexicon

Iggy,

I hear you... it has been 7 months for me... and i am still dealing with the anxiety and depression... and the total exhaustion and complete lack of energy (but this i guess is made worse by my CFS)...

don't give up... and keep practicing you top 5 ways to cope with free anxiety :) i like it... especially number 1 (crying), it helps me a great deal (of course when i am able to cry - just like you said, when my anxiety is bad, i can't even cry)...

Abir

have been on various antidepressants (many SSRIs, SNRI, MAOIs) for chronic fatigue syndrome for more than 17 years, was on zoloft 100mg for the last 2-3 years, tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
reinstating AD:
march 28: started on 25mg co-sertraline, took it for 2 days
april 1: 12.5mg ONLY FOR ONE DAY- STOPPED taking meds
april 9: started on 2.5mg co-sertraline
april 17: increased to 5 mg

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lexicon

• abir

• Altostrata

• Meimeiquest

Top Posters In This Topic

Abir, what is CFS?

Thank you for your sweet words ..I appreciate having you as my support ..Same here ..

Please think of me as that, for you ..I will be there ..

I hope you are doing much better with the anxiety and sleeping ..

Aww, and no crying ..I cried for days yesterday. ..I got you, and everyone covered ..

Lets just keep walking ..

Sending you love ..Lexi

Hello,
I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.125 mgs.

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

but it did not work. So I resumed my taper and hold pattern.
For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

CFS is chronic fatigue Syndrome... I still have that to deal with when I recover from withdrawal...

The anxiety/depression/crying: Better in the afternoons..

have been on various antidepressants (many SSRIs, SNRI, MAOIs) for chronic fatigue syndrome for more than 17 years, was on zoloft 100mg for the last 2-3 years, tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
reinstating AD:

We have to think of something natural to help you, with the fatigue ..Where there is will there is a way ..

Having the afternoon being better is good ..you are working your way out of this chaos ..

My head felt like I was carrying a huge watermelon on my shoulders today ..:(

I have also been crying like crazy again ..

I wish you peace for tonight Abir ..May you sleep well ..

hugs and xx ..Lexi

Hello,

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

Abir, how are you feeling?

Did you start the antibiotics?

I hope you slept well, and are having a peaceful day ..

Thinking of you ..xx

Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Hello Lexi,

yes I started last night... slept well (i even slept for 2.5 hours at a time for one time!!!).. today, the anxiety/depression is worse (my anxiety always comes with depression it seems)... I don't know if it is the antibiotics or just a wave that was going to happen anyways...

How are you doing today? i hope your symptoms are not overwhelming today?

reinstating AD:

Hi Lexi

I see you are thinking about tapering the Ativan. When I was going through benzo withdrawals I uses a good site called Benzobuddies.org. They have a taper section there too. You should get all the info you need to taper properly.

Angel

2003 - Sept. 2010 Effexor 150mg Fast taper off

April 2011 Massive panic attack, did not relate it to Effexor w/ds

April 2011 - May 2012 Benzodiazapines (Xanax 2mg then Valium 22mg - 2mg)for panic attack. 14 months of benzo withdrawals

April 2011 - October 2012 Effexor 150mg - fast taper off

January 2013 Due to panic feelings (Effexor w/d I now believe) and insomnia, 15mg Mirtazapine prescribed

April 2013 C/T Mirtazapine because of adverse reaction of high anxiety

April 2013 Reinstated 7.5mg - adverse reaction of high blood pressure and palpitations

May 2013 Reduced dose to 6.5mg - trying to stabilise

Abir, it is probably the antibiotics that cause you distress ..hopefully they will fix the ptoblem this time ..I am sorry to hear that they rev up the anxiety ..:( but delighted you slept some ..:)

That is awesome. :) Here too, a bad day today ..restlessness, dizziness, heart going all day, stomach hurting ..

I think I had enough of this ..am ready for a couple of huge open windows ...one for you ..:)

Thinking of you, and wishing you a sleepy night, free of anxiety ..

xx Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Thank you for your encouragement Angel, you are an Angel ..:)

Yes, I would like to get rid of the Ativan, sooner than later, if I can, because it causes me issues ..

And so, I am trying to educate myself on methods of tapering ..I have met some wonderful, and kind

Souls, who are so very wonderful sharing their knowledge ..May God bless them.

How are you Angel? I hope you have peace and are well.

Please write again ..xo Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Hi Lexi,

I am starting to think it is the antibiotics too - this is the worst day i had in at least a week... it is already 6 pm and my depression/anxiety/crying are still really bad...too exhausted and brain dead... i have been in bed all day, every now and then, i try to read posts from people going through the same thing, it helps a bit... ... i am not looking forward to the next few days, it looks like it is going to be really bad...

sorry you are feeling bad too... yes, I know, I hope you get a huge window real soon...

Facebook: i do, but I have not been since february or even earlier... my brain can't handle it... it is too overwhelming for me... i feel my anxiety getting worst just thinking about it...

i hope you were able to go on facebook at least, to get some distraction...

and as usual, there is the hope that tomorrow will be a better day for us...

reinstating AD:

Abir, I think our nervous system is so hypersensitive, that any meds or supplements are not welcome ..

I used to take supplements each day, but not any more ..:) I miss them ..

Also, I tried some probiotics, and they messed with my head, and made the dizzy worst ..I could not stand up ..

I think this is why Abir ..

But hang in there ..time will pass quickly ..I am just saddened that you have to endure more pain :(

Thinking of you ..xx Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

yes, it is amazing how withdrawal messes up our whole body...

yes, i stopped taking most of my supplements too.. but, how is your appetite? are you able to eat well enough?

and how is your sleep these days? still sleeping ok?

reinstating AD:

Hi Abir,

I hope you slept well and that the antibiotics are easy on you ..

I sleep on and off Abir ..Usually toss and turn, feeling restlessness ..

As far as food, I try to have greens, some type of rice and fish mostly ..my appetite is gone, and many times I force myself ..

Surprisingly though, I have not lost much of the antidepressant weight ..:( maybe 8-10 lb overall ..

How about you, your appetite and sleep ..?

Thinking of you, and praying for an easy day ..xx

Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

i am hating these antibiotics and can't wait until i am done with them..

8-10 lb: trust me, you don't want to loose the weight faster than this, because that would put **more stress** on your body...

i lost maybe 12 lb ... but, i only lost this weight because my appetite is really bad on most days because of the anxiety, so i am sure i will put the weight back on when i no longer have to deal with the withdrawal symptoms.. but i don't care how much weight i gain, we can loose it later in a healthier way...

you seem to be eating a really healthy diet, i should learn from you - i should eat fish even though i hate it... and more greens... and less bread :)

reinstating AD:

How are you feeling today? Is the anxiety better?

I love bread so much ..It is where I come from too, to where we cannot have a meal without fresh baked bread ..

But when I read about how terrible gluten is, I cut the bread, and anything else that has gluten ..

If you love greens, that is awesome ..I love all ..kale, mustard, spinach, cauliflower, broccoli ( spell)

Beets ..I simply steam or boil in little water "and eat with lemon, and olive oil ..yummy ..:)

As for the weight, you are right. ..It is not s priority ..I am just amazed that it hangs on!..!!

Thinking of you ..xx

Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

How are you feeling today? Is the anxiety better?

I love bread so much ..It is where I come from too, to where we cannot have a meal without fresh baked bread ..

But when I read about how terrible gluten is, I cut the bread, and anything else that has gluten ..

If you love greens, that is awesome ..I love all ..kale, mustard, spinach, cauliflower, broccoli ( spell)

Beets ..I simply steam or boil in little water "and eat with lemon, and olive oil ..yummy ..:)

As for the weight, you are right. ..It is not s priority ..I am just amazed that it hangs on!..!!

Thinking of you ..xx

Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

you are right about the gluten... i did cut out gluten for 3 weeks a long time ago, but I did not notice any difference in my exhaustion level... but i will try again, for a longer period, when i am better (so i would be able to prepare my own meals...)..

the anxiety/depression got better in the afternoon...

how is your day going so far?

reinstating AD:

Aww good Abir that it gave you a break ..:) Awesome ..:)

I wish that it will stay like that ..nice and easy ..:)

I have the heart and stomach today ..I wish I knew what it is ..Do you think anxiety?

And also crying ..I feel very touchy ..

Sleep well, and peacefully ..xx

Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

The heart: I think so, it is anxiety...

The stomach: I get the knots and a mild diffuse burning in my stomach and chest when I have anxiety... What does it feel like for you? Also since we are both taking vitamin c: this burns my stomach if I take too much if it...

I just checked the list of withdrawal symptoms and it includes stomach problems... It is hard to think of any symptom that is not on that list...

Crying: I know how you feel, I was crying all day yesterday and the whole morning today... And as if a switch was flipped at 1pm, suddenly the crying stopped, the anxiety became mild and I was able to eat again and sit and watch tv.. It is amazing how different we can feel from one hour to the next!!

reinstating AD:

Abir,the anxiety feels exactly as yours ..

..Sometimes I have difficulty expressing myself, and you described it perfect.

I am having a bit of a tough time today ..crying, the anxiety, the breathing, and the dizzy ..

Vitamin C I take 1000 Mg per day, and use lots of lemons too.

I hope you had an easy day today ..

Thinking of you ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

aww, another tough day for you... i wish there is anything i can say to make you feel a little bit better...when my anxiety is bad, I feel totally hopeless, I feel like I will never get better and I worry about the future.... try not to let the negative thoughts take over your brain... take a break today from analyzing, planning...etc.... just concentrate on your breathing... and if you can go on facebook and get some distraction, that would be the best thing you can do for yourself today...

I hope the second part of the day will be better...

reinstating AD:

You are so sweet and kind Abir ..

Here you have your antibiotics issues, and you are trying to cheer me up ..!!

I did try facebook and did some there ..

..but my breathing., heart, stomach prevent me from concentrating ..

Also I worry because my eyes are puffy and my face ..It is not from eating ..I read somewhere that Ativan will cause that. ..

I am disgusted ..Crying a river today ..

I hope your antibiotics are giving you a break, with your anxiety and that you are having a peaceful afternoon ..

Thank you for your sweet heart. :) xx

Lexi,

Ps. I just wrote under GiaK 's ( Janie) in ( latest discussions.) subject about acupuncture, asking if it is possible to help my shortness of breath ..It will be a miracle if anyone responds ..:(

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

you are having puffy eyes and face too.. i have having those for a while now... could be also withdrawal symptoms...

my anxiety was mild today - but something just happened, nothing to do with me personally, maybe a couple of hours ago, scared me so much that i have been crying and my anxiety is worse.. but, i just need to clear my mind.. i am going outside for a walk, i am sure i will feel better after this...

some fresh air and a little bit of more crying, will do me good...

reinstating AD:

Hi Abir,

I hope you slept well and that the antibiotics are easy on you ..

I sleep on and off Abir ..Usually toss and turn, feeling restlessness ..

As far as food, I try to have greens, some type of rice and fish mostly ..my appetite is gone, and many times I force myself ..

Surprisingly though, I have not lost much of the antidepressant weight ..:( maybe 8-10 lb overall ..

How about you, your appetite and sleep ..?

Thinking of you, and praying for an easy day ..xx

Lexi

HI

Prozac 20 mg day for depression in my 30's

Prozac 40 mg day for peri-menopause

Stayed on it for real menopause, can't take HRT.

tried many other SSRI, and some other antidepressants, but awful side effects, so went back on the Prozac.

Prozac poop-out, I think in 2012

Prozac side effects, I think, zombie foggy thinking, depression returned.

Quit cold turkey Prozac on 3/17/13 thought I could do this.

Might have ADD, so now on Adderall 10mg day to start, no changes yet.

Don't know the future, what a way to live life

Hi windy, welcome ..

Have you introduced yourself?

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Abir, what happened?

Are you better after the walk?

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

yes, i am better.. don't worry, the walk helped...

reinstating AD:

Aww, good ..I am happy to hear ..but what happened that upset you so?

And how are you overall today?

Have been thinking of you ..xx

Please email.

Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Hi Lexi. I got your pm. Believe me, my not commenting on your months of posts (and so many days of suffering) was not because I do not care. After I got you message, I read all your thread and it saddens me very much to see such pain. I haven't posted to your thread because I don't know anything about anti-depressants. I will tell you something very important that I learned after what may be hundreds of hours looking for information on withdrawal; this is the best site there is today. No one here will demand that you do things their way. Alto and her team will give you the best advice available based on what seems to work for the majority. If it doesn't work , they will know what people tried after that, etc . You asked for my advice. It may not seem like much, but it is heartfelt. Please consider trying the suggestions that were given. I cannot get to this site as often or for as long as I would like, but you and others who are suffering are always in my prayers.

Warm regards,

Ed

I just over-reacted... You know how it is these days, it does not take much to get our heart racing... And once it gets this way, it takes a while to calm it down...

My body just over-reacted...

The anxiety is much better now and I am OK, no more crying today :)

How are you now, feeling any better?

I sent you a message yesterday or the day before, did you see it?

reinstating AD:

Aww good, I was worried ..I am glad it all worked out ..:)

I am having stomach troubles ..Upset stomach that hurts ..I tried ginger tea, but it does not help ..

I think it is withdrawal. ..I read somewhere that that can be one of the symptoms ..

So my stomach, and being unable to breathe ..aww and my head feels like it is in a vise ..I do wonder if the outcome would have been better, had I reinstated ..

I wish you a good and peaceful night ..Sleep soundly ..xx

Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

it is hard to know whether reinstatement would have worked or not...

so far, i am not better than before reinstatement... definitely much better than i was in april (the first month after reinstatement)...but april was my worst month...

but after what i went through in april, i feel i am a little better at "tolerating" my symptoms..... for example, what i considered a very bad day before reinstatement, is considered moderate now ... my first month after reinstatement changed my definition of bad...

how are you feeling today? my anxiety is on the bad side.. but hopefully it will get better in the afternoon...

reinstating AD:

Lexi,

are you feeling any better today? how is your head? breathing? and the anxiety??

you said (on my thread), that this is your worst wave ever, could it be related to the supplements you are taking, or taking them at a higher dose...

i hope this wave ends soon... really soon...

thinking of you, Lexi...

Abir

reinstating AD:

Lexi,

I know your symptoms are still awful, but I hope you can see how your inner strength is blossoming as time goes on. Congratulations!

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

Dearest meimei ..So good to see you again ..:)

Thank you for the encouragement, and kind words.

I am glad you think that I am doing a good job, but it sure does not feel like it ..:(

It feels like climbing a steep mountain, and keep sliding down ..:(

I hope you are feeling well meimei ..I think of you, and pray for your healing ..

Hugs and love ..Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

As long as we don't fall over the edge, we can slip and slide all we need to on our way to the top :)

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old